THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 03:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 764970 times)

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #1500 on: 20 Mar 2009, 13:17 »

I guess the privilege of being a grad student is that nobody questions you when you're in a campus building past nine (actually, I'm not sure I would call be stuck here past nine a privilege).

Today I actually won at science! I have been trying to get my protein soluble since last may, and through a combination of witchcraft and an unholy assembly of techniques I have (probably) succeeded with HPrK! This makes me happy, and maybe, some day, I will actually be able to publish something on the PTS. Also, out of curiousity I checked the wikipedia article on the PTS, and found numerous errors....but I'm far too lazy to correct them. Hopefully nobody taking a microbiology or genetics course decides to use it as a reference.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1501 on: 20 Mar 2009, 13:30 »

I'm pretty sure I could just use my keycard and lock myself into school at any time of the day. The doors close for people without a keycard (meaning non-students, basically) around 16-18, but I could probably sit in a computer room or something all night if I wanted to - hell, I've handed in assignments around midnight multiple times. Why would they lock you out after a certain time? It's not like you're more likely to do damage once it's past 20?

Blog thread, I am leaving for Japan in 1 week and 8 hours. In my head, it is still about 2 months 'till we leave.. I feel like I should be more excited, I guess?

And I have a dentist appointment on Tuesday, and while I'm kinda glad I finally got the courage to get it done, I am super worried. Not because drilling holes or whatever hurts, but I kinda like living in ignorance of how horrible my teeth are due to my soda drinking :/ And dentists tend to yell at you or talk to you like you are stupid. I hate that. Plus, it's so fucking expensive. And my wisdom teeth may have to be removed, which costs even more money. Money I don't have :(
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2009, 13:48 by Ladybug »

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #1502 on: 20 Mar 2009, 13:46 »

I had to sneak into the buildings after midnight through other buildings to hand in my assignments after midnight.  (most campus buildings are connected with breezeways).  I dunno if the rules have changed since 2003 or not.

Ironically during my later grad school year I never had the need/want to go into campus buildings late at night.

But it really sucked during undergrad when I wanted to edit video for 10 hours.  Stupid rules.

Congrats on the protein solubility DB.  You solute that protein.  You solute the heck out of that protein.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1503 on: 20 Mar 2009, 13:58 »

The idea that anyone wouldn't know how to use a computer is completely alien to my brain, which is pretty interesting.

Well, you didn't live through the time before they were invented (for the home, at least).  I, apparently, am dignified by the term "silver surfer", and so rather adventurous - even though I have actually been using computers since 1966, and working in the business since 1970.  What amazes me  is that so many of the young "digital natives" are actually totally incompetent with computers - my tech support role (in a job where computer usage is required) can get pretty basic.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #1504 on: 20 Mar 2009, 14:01 »

you should hear me trying to explain copy & paste to my dad. it's infuriating.

not to mention e-mail; he can't seem to grasp the fact that your e-mail is not tethered to your computer, you can check it anywhere. he's such a silly little hippie.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

benji

« Reply #1505 on: 20 Mar 2009, 14:13 »

I teach college professors how to use computer programs. It's amazing how many PhDs and EdDs are completely lost when it comes to even doing simple things like sending emails. At a few of them still dictate anything written to secretaries because they've never learned to use a keyboard. The frightening thing is the professors I train are supposed to be prepared to teach fully-online courses after 1 hour with me.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1506 on: 20 Mar 2009, 14:21 »

I guess the privilege of being a grad student is that nobody questions you when you're in a campus building past nine (actually, I'm not sure I would call be stuck here past nine a privilege).

Today I actually won at science! I have been trying to get my protein soluble since last may, and through a combination of witchcraft and an unholy assembly of techniques I have (probably) succeeded with HPrK! This makes me happy, and maybe, some day, I will actually be able to publish something on the PTS. Also, out of curiousity I checked the wikipedia article on the PTS, and found numerous errors....but I'm far too lazy to correct them. Hopefully nobody taking a microbiology or genetics course decides to use it as a reference.

Wooo break out the 100% ethanol in champagne flutes
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1507 on: 20 Mar 2009, 14:36 »

You must have completely different schools to the ones here because no one, absolutely no one, is ever here at midnight and you aren't allowed in at all without a caretaker around and being aware that you're there. There's no way to get in or out once the maintenance staff leave because the doors are locked by good old fashioned keys and no one ever wants to anyway. Almost everyone only comes in for the hours they have to be here for, I'm the only person I know who has ever stayed past about five o'clock unless there's a parents' evening and even then most people go home and come back. And even when I stayed that was only til 8pm when the library closed, and on a weeknight that wasn't Friday. No hope at all at the weekend.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #1508 on: 20 Mar 2009, 14:40 »

at my highschool there was a mistake in the security system where by pressing the handicap-accessible automatic door-opener button, you could open the doors even after hours when they were locked.

that was fun.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1509 on: 20 Mar 2009, 14:53 »

At my high school, we could stay for as long as we wanted to, I guess, but a lot of rooms (like computer rooms) were locked after 16, and they locked the front doors - but they could be opened from the inside, so it's not like you'd be locked in, and noone would throw you out if you wanted to stay after hours (not that anybody did, high school was basically just a bunch of classrooms), I think. But at uni, most doors are protected by keycard locks, and whatever we have access to during the day, we have access to 24/7 (I'm 99% sure, I'm assuming if we have access at 23 on Sundays, we basically have access whenever).. This can't not be the norm for universities/colleges? I mean, what if you want to work on some (group) assignment or study after classes are done? It would be a massive hinderance to have the entire school locked down..

I forgot to add in the previous post, I totally got a summer job today. It's still the same old job I've had for the past two years, and I really need something relevant to what I'm studying soon, but it's better than nothing.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1510 on: 20 Mar 2009, 15:06 »

In my school, (or rather, the music building), you will absolutely never get kicked out, and though they should lock the doors at 11, they rarely all are, and if they are, there is in all likelihood somebody in the lounge or somewhere in the building that you can get in. Also there's a non-locking window over a bike rack that can be climbed up to if you're nimble enough.

The moral of this story is never underestimate the lengths that music majors will go to in order to practice.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Reed

« Reply #1511 on: 20 Mar 2009, 15:37 »

Wooo break out the 100% ethanol in champagne flutes

Oh, definitely! Funny story about 100% ethanol.....our post-doc just noticed that the 5 gallon 'jug' that serves as our ethanol stock actually explicity states that it is not kosher....this is ACS grade 100% ethanol. It was so very entertaining when we discovered this!
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1512 on: 20 Mar 2009, 15:38 »

arrghh while on the bus today someone shoved me real hard while i was holding my ipod and i dropped it and now it's all fucked and won't work and keeps telling me to restore to factory settings only whenever i do that nothing happens and it just tells me to do it again DAMNIT what am i going to do about my PROBLEMS without technology i am nothingggg ghdsfgggfhhhhffgs
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #1513 on: 20 Mar 2009, 15:45 »

i feel you.

my iPod is currently experiencing a slow, painful harddrive death. i can still listen to it most of the time but i can't plug it into a computer because it just freezes iTunes. i give it a couple more days, at best.  :cry:

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1514 on: 20 Mar 2009, 15:48 »

Speaking of electronics, I've been playing tetris on my ol' game boy off and on all day. Come December I'll have had the damn thing for 20 years.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1515 on: 20 Mar 2009, 16:10 »

okay apple tells me all hope is not lost and they will repair it for about $40, i am sort of miffed that it's not covered by the warranty but i guess $40 isn't so bad at all

HOWEVER the nearest apple store is in toronto and i won't be anywhere near toronto until may! or i can also order a repair kit online which they will send to me but i do not trust myself to not break this tiny fragile machine which is so broken already as is. auuugh what am i supposed to do with myself for the next 45 days

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1516 on: 20 Mar 2009, 16:34 »

I was going to make a smart ass remark about being too attached to your ipod, but then I remembered I'm the guy who just wistfully posted about his upcoming 20th year of gameboy ownership.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1517 on: 20 Mar 2009, 16:48 »

no it is cool and i am totally aware of my pathetic whiny north american materialism, i decided to blog mainly so i could flush it out of my system and move on to the more important things in my life. i reread what i wrote an hour ago and it is ridiculous already so i think i'm all good now.

hey the series finale of battlestar galactica is on tonight! also i am pretty okay at art and i don't have any stis! everything's coming up tania.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1518 on: 20 Mar 2009, 16:50 »

Do you know anybody with good hands who could handle the repair for you?
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1519 on: 20 Mar 2009, 16:59 »

no, sadly they are all as clueless as me or even moreso if that is even possible. plus i would have to pay shipping costs i think. it's okay though, i am moving back to toronto at the end of april so i think i will use this as a unique and special opportunity to learn how to be patient.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1520 on: 20 Mar 2009, 17:34 »

Dear blog thread,

So they fucked around with the exam date again and now it is tomorrow. I am really upset about this. I mean, I can't even be mad, I'm just fucking upset over it and I kindof want to cry. STOP FUCKING WITH ME, STUPID TV PEOPLE.

Also, the bitchy person who won last year's contest is a professor for the dance group, and she thinks she can tell the lot of the singing group that we're not allowed to practice after filming anymore because we are too loud. Everybody in the singing group was notably upset, and I made it pretty clear that unless she planned on finding us a new room to practice in, we were going to continue practicing in the one we were provided with. She got all butthurt and wouldn't stop being a little shit about it, but there is no way I'm going to cave to some anorexic little shit with an ego that's bigger than their actual worth/authority.

We had a pretty awesome little discussion with everybody present. I reminded her that it was me with my acoustic guitar and 3 people singing, and that with her it was 1000w of PA system speakers plus 20+ people stomping on the floor. She decided to pull the "You can't tell me what to do just because you're American" card and I pulled the "You should probably stop being a xenophobe/making stereotypes about people" card. I won for today, but I'm sure this isn't the last time I'll hear of this.

tl;dr I am proud of myself for things that I should probably not be proud of, but hey, fucker shouldn't argue with me when she has no grounds.

Love,
Me
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #1521 on: 20 Mar 2009, 18:08 »

Today I have no plans so I was going to make it a Music Afternoon! I played piano for an hour and then guitar for like an hour and then I was like "yay no one's home" so I moved the PC (it is small) over to the piano and was gettin' all ready to record some piano shit and have it not sound actually like shit (which is what happens when I record from the stupid laptop) and then my dad got home. And he respected that I was trying to do things and didn't turn on the TV and such, but I couldn't do anything anymore. I think this is just the impatient teenager in me but GOD what the HELL i just wanted to record things and now it's 6 PM and my family is all HOME what the fuck is their PROBLEM AHGDFJGHDGJDFGHJF

I'm mainly just annoyed because moving the computer, while not much work, is quite a hassle. And now I don't have anything else to do.

rrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh well

I wish the grand piano fit into an actual room with doors
it's time to stop posting

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1522 on: 20 Mar 2009, 21:32 »

Naw, I totally feel that. That is basically what living at home was like for me. I think it is because art is something you draw from the interior, so it's harder to be 'alone' in that kind of situation.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1523 on: 20 Mar 2009, 22:41 »

Last night, someone vomited just to the right of our porch, into the dirt area where we store our bikes.  It's chunky and stinky and disgusting.  There is vomit splatter on my bike tire.

Sometimes I do not like living in an apartment complex with a bunch of frat boys.

I don't even know how to clean vomit out of dirt without a hose.  :-(

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1524 on: 20 Mar 2009, 22:50 »

That sucks, Elizzy. That sucks butts. I wish I knew what to do. I guess you could dump bowls of water on it?

Blog Thread,

My foot troubles are getting worse. I don't think my toes are broke anymore. And I doubt I'd be able to walk at all if my whole foot was broken, so I doubt it is that as well. But the top of my foot is really tender, and it hurts to step down regularly. I've taken to putting most of the pressure on the side of my foot when I walk. Its really bothering me. I'm in pain everytime I take a step. What do you think it could be?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1525 on: 20 Mar 2009, 23:24 »

Quick, blog thread!

It is 11:30 here and I have not eaten today. I just found some bagels in my fridge that have been in there for a few months. Is that a problem? I can still eat them, right?

Keep in mind: college.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1526 on: 21 Mar 2009, 00:49 »

I was hanging out with my friends playing Arkham tonight. We were talking about Pan's Labyrinth, and one of my friends said he had not seen it, and what's more he didn't want to, because the movie had subtitles and "he doesn't go to the movies so he can read".

Given this particular person's propensity for incessant bitching, misogyny, latent racism and omnipresent self-serving bias, once my other friends move away (he'll be the only one left in Loveland) I'm planning on just telling him that we are no longer going to associate with one another.

Also, I could do with a girlfriend. Step #1 - Stop playing Arkham?
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Gilead

« Reply #1527 on: 21 Mar 2009, 01:22 »

That sucks, Elizzy. That sucks butts. I wish I knew what to do. I guess you could dump bowls of water on it?

Blog Thread,

My foot troubles are getting worse. I don't think my toes are broke anymore. And I doubt I'd be able to walk at all if my whole foot was broken, so I doubt it is that as well. But the top of my foot is really tender, and it hurts to step down regularly. I've taken to putting most of the pressure on the side of my foot when I walk. Its really bothering me. I'm in pain everytime I take a step. What do you think it could be?
I had something like that for a while, it turned out way later that I'd chipped a bone in my foot.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1528 on: 21 Mar 2009, 04:34 »

I had something that sounds exactly like that for about a week last year (for no apparent reason, that is). I had to walk on the side or back of my foot, because moving or putting weight on the front hurt like a mofo. My dad told me to take a mixture of Paracet and Ibux (Ibuprofen, I guess) for a couple of days, to see if it improved, and if it didn't, I should see the doctor. Luckily the pain disappeared after two or three days on the Paracet/Ibux-combination.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2009, 06:17 by Ladybug »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1529 on: 21 Mar 2009, 05:59 »

I've had that too and it was because something fell on my foot and it had a massive bruise. It went away after a week (I think?), so I didn't get it checked out. If you tape it and take some Tylenol (or whatever you take), you should be ok.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #1530 on: 21 Mar 2009, 06:24 »

Today I'm at work, on my laptop, trying to figure out where I'm going to travel to over the next two years.

I'm pretty determined to backpack through India, but I also wouldn't mind going to Norway, Amsterdam and Japan at some point.

I think I'm going to have to work a bit more to fufil these dreams though...
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

benji

« Reply #1531 on: 21 Mar 2009, 06:44 »

Do you have a whole 2 years just to travel, or are you taking several smaller trips within those 2 years?

If you're going to spend time in India and you're looking for a good base of operations, I suggest Varanasi. It's an awesome city in general, especially if you're interested in Hinduism (or Buddhism, Sarnath is right next to it). It's got a pretty laid back feel to it, unlike Delhi or Kolkata (I've never been to Mumbai or Goa, which are the other two big ex-pat areas) and a friendly ex-pat community (or it did when I went through there). If you are taking a full 2 years, even if not all of it's India, I would recommend not spending the whole time backpacking. Put down some roots somewhere and go off on smaller trips to other parts of the country. India can be a really stressful place to be. Having some place that feels like home, where you can relax and have a cup of Chai or some cheep Indian gin with someone who you've gotten to know a little, will be really important.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #1532 on: 21 Mar 2009, 06:59 »

Aheh, it'll be several smaller trips in the two years. As much as I'd love to perma-travel for two years, I know my money couldn't stretch that far. But Sarnath and Varanasi sound like the kind of places that I'm going to India for. As I said, I've only just started looking into this really, but thanks for the suggestions, gives me a good place to start looking at.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1533 on: 21 Mar 2009, 07:54 »

Dear blog thread,

Exams were today. We get results tomorrow. I didn't bother with any of that stupid showmanship bullshit during my time in the booth today because I am honestly as sick of this show as anybody can be of anything. I don't even want to go tomorrow to get my results. I am seriously praying to god that they fail me. I am not a religious person but I am praying nonetheless.

Fuck,
Me

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1534 on: 21 Mar 2009, 08:53 »

Are you not allowed to quit outright or will they make you like the largest pussy in the universe if you do so?

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #1535 on: 21 Mar 2009, 10:55 »

Quick, blog thread!

It is 11:30 here and I have not eaten today. I just found some bagels in my fridge that have been in there for a few months. Is that a problem? I can still eat them, right?

Keep in mind: college.

This might be too late, but they should be fine unless they are moldy.  If they are hardened, toasting them will usually make them a little better.

So, I just got back from the best spring break.  I have never done anything for spring break, so for the last one of my undergrad, I went to Egypt to visit my best friend, who is an Egyptology student at the American University in Cairo.  I spent a week there, which was a lot of fun despite all the garbage and sexism.  I saw some cool shit, drank and smoked way too much, and generally had a blast.  Pictures and accompanying stories will be posted once I have access to my own computer. 

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.
« Reply #1536 on: 21 Mar 2009, 10:57 »

My dog died today. I saw him get run over by the trailer a wood chipper was on that my step-dad was pulling out of the backyard. It ran over his neck and upper body and he was twitching, I was the first one to see it and I ran over but it was too late, and he died less than a minute later. It was probably appallingly painful, and it wasn't quick enough. I didn't really like him when he was alive, because he was old and crusty, but I fucking lost it when he died. He was my mom's favorite, and she is really broken up. My stepdad took the wood chipper back, and mom and I dug the grave. I am not going to work today, and I'm really depressed. Fuck.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #1537 on: 21 Mar 2009, 11:03 »

I nearly misread that as the dog going into the woodchipper. 

Damn, dude, that sucks.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Of course you realize this means war.
« Reply #1538 on: 21 Mar 2009, 11:37 »

His name was Sol y Sombra. We called him Solly. He was a black and white King Charles Cavalier spaniel. He was 14 years old. I will miss him.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

DarkAvenger

« Reply #1539 on: 21 Mar 2009, 12:24 »

Today I suppose I "broke up" with my best friend. She's angry with me over the stupidest crap so I told her I was done waiting for her to feel like talking to me. Good news is, my play was chosen to go to drama fest, which is totally awesome, except now I have to be "angry director" until my leading lady buckles down... Woo... At least it's spring break though. An entire week filled with oversleeping and reading (currently rereading "On the Road" - Kerouac).

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1540 on: 21 Mar 2009, 13:00 »

Are you not allowed to quit outright or will they make you like the largest pussy in the universe if you do so?

You've pretty much nailed it. And since this is kindof a PR thing for the Embassy (I'm not actually doing this because I want to), I am pretty much not allowed to let that happen.

(really really really terrible shit)

Holy shit, dude, that is awful! What a shitty way to wind up spending your weekend, too, that's just insult on top of it all.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1541 on: 21 Mar 2009, 13:10 »

I just updated my Java applet (or something) and the little box did some whirring noises and then said "Congratulations! The Java powered Internet is now avaible to you" and I'm so excited to see this new Internet.

I worked six and a half hours today which is barely anything over what I usually work on a Saturday but I'm disproportionately exhausted and have a splitting headache. Nevertheless I have to do at least an hour's work on my German coursework because I'm in London for the next two days (!) and Liverpool on Wednesday and ohgodIdon'thaveenoughtime.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #1542 on: 21 Mar 2009, 16:58 »

Guys I've been using my brother's computer lately and I guess it has some terrible shit on it because pop ups have been appearing.

Pop ups.

Seriously??? I thought I was done with that shit like five years ago!

Hrrrrrmmmmm. Must get rid somehow.
it's time to stop posting

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1543 on: 21 Mar 2009, 20:00 »

Given this particular person's propensity for incessant bitching, misogyny, latent racism and omnipresent self-serving bias, once my other friends move away (he'll be the only one left in Loveland) I'm planning on just telling him that we are no longer going to associate with one another.

Why wait?

Shit Blog Thread.

I feel awful. Me and my dad signed up for a 30km charity bike ride and I made it just over 10km. I thought I was fit but from the very start I was struggling. To be fair to myself my bike had a rusty chain and the tires were a fair bit flatter than they should have been. But I can't help but feel incredibly pathetic and lump-like nonetheless. This is made even more annoying by the fact that I completed the ride, quite easily a couple of years ago. As far as I can tell I'm not any less fit now than what I was two years ago. I'm going to the gym three times a week where I mostly do cardio work, building stamina. I don't want to blame it on my bike, so essentially I'm blaming it on myself.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1544 on: 21 Mar 2009, 22:04 »

Oh I would love to, the guy's basically still living in his senior year of high school (and bitching about how none of us are around because of our jobs and classes) But, he's a friend of friends and I can't really extricate him from my circle without purging my circle completely. If I were to maintain a rapport with most of my other in-town friends I'd still see the guy but there would be all kinds of drama. Once the crowd has dispersed I can make a clean cut.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #1545 on: 21 Mar 2009, 22:38 »

Why don't you just call him on his bullshit without telling him you can't be friends with him anymore?  He might make that decision himself, but you don't have to.  You can just call him on his bullshit.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1546 on: 21 Mar 2009, 22:42 »

I just had the best time out in a really long time and I'm going out again tomorrow (with different friends). I also got to dance with some fabulous people whilst wearing sunglasses from the 80s. Yay for getting out and having fun with good friends!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1547 on: 21 Mar 2009, 23:22 »

Dovey I've done a bunch of biking and when you're talking 30k the tire pressure and bike state matter. Hobbling around town you won't necessarily notice it, but on a long ride you will.
Don't be too hard on yourself but I guess anything that motivates you to get in better shape is good.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1548 on: 21 Mar 2009, 23:40 »

So I was feeling pretty awesome yesterday but today I am like 3x sicker than I was before. And I can't even skip out on today, because we get the results of our exams back today.

I am really hoping I fail so I can recover and maybe join back up with my cover band and play a few gigs before I move.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1549 on: 22 Mar 2009, 06:45 »

Dear Blog Thread,

Spring break was awesome. I will elaborate on this later when I have gotten some more sleep (I have calculated it to about 30-35 hours since the 13th. Total.)

ALSO. The cute boys never like me. *sigh*
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 90   Go Up