THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 15:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 759692 times)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #4200 on: 09 Jun 2009, 08:27 »

I don't even want to know what he means by binding,

Constipation.  Not a problem with eggs in particular, unless they are regularly displacing all the fibre you might have eaten.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #4201 on: 09 Jun 2009, 08:33 »

I need to live at home now while I am at school or else I will be in so much debt that I would have to move back in after I leave university. That is not the best plan...I will live at home until I finish school and then be gonnnne forever!
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #4202 on: 09 Jun 2009, 09:10 »

Guys Im in Rooome! ROOOME! Gonna get fat on tiramisu, gelato and pizza and see lots of art and architecture before interrailing all over Italy and the rest of Europe. Who is jealous?
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4203 on: 09 Jun 2009, 09:17 »

Probably everyone!
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #4204 on: 09 Jun 2009, 09:24 »

The only thing that would make this day better is if it was sunny outside, I have spent most of the day talking, sitting and being generally myself around a very pretty girl who doesn't judge me, and in this little world of mine, thats enough.

That said Rome does sound awesome.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #4205 on: 09 Jun 2009, 09:33 »

Three blog thread posts in a day. Today is crap.

I don't want to be a grown up, guys. All that stuff I just said about wanting to move out? Retracted. I cannot handle the paperwork and the ineptitude of the government. I accept that it's my fault all of this has to be done now (I forgot about the forms) but I applied for finance in MARCH and still haven't heard a thing. I've now missed the deadline for returning some stuff to Cambridge and they're getting shirty, and when I just tried to ask my mum for help her partner told me to go away and not bother her when she'd only just got in from work.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #4206 on: 09 Jun 2009, 09:44 »

dead broke

i feel you. i also make nothing at my job and my bank balance is constantly sitting at some really tiny pathetic number which is made even more pathetic considering i already am a hermit who has no social life and never does anything fun. technically i am supposed to be saving up money for school next year but i am saving shit so now going to work has become some sort of really depressing exercise in futility. we should start a club for sad part-timers who can't find a real job in this horrible unappreciative world.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #4207 on: 09 Jun 2009, 10:05 »

... applied for finance in MARCH and still haven't heard a thing...

THIS. God dammit this. Seriously? Student Finance Direct, get your goddamn shit sorted!
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #4208 on: 09 Jun 2009, 10:27 »

Well I suppose I may as well blog to stave off sleep.

My brother suffers from Crohns disease, which without going into too much detail means he often has violent cramps that cause him large amounts of pain. Tonight was different though. Just before midnight ticked over I heard him yelling from his room, going to check on him I found him trashing and writhing far worse than I've ever seen him do before. After he assured me that there was nothing I could do I returned to the living room and did my best to filter out the sound of him basically screaming in the next room. forty five minutes later I hear him emerge from the bathroom, generally in these situations a good thing, again tonight would prove different, he had apparently been in so much pain that he actually threw up and he asked me to call him an ambulance - it was at this point I realise just how serious he a state he must be in, normally he is stoic about his pain dealing with it so as to incontinence as few people as possible, even going so far as to apologise to me for distracting me with his agony shouts. I call the ambulance and after a minute of tying to interpret my brothers gestures as to where the pain is to the woman on the phone I get some basic instructions and asked to wait. a few minutes later I get a phone call from the paramedic asking more of the same questions eventually they ask to speak to Mark and I put him on. Having finished talking to them he tells me that the ambulance isn't going to be there for an hour. There proceeded possibly the worst fifteen minutes I can remember, watching my brother pacing, screaming, crying, punching things and curling into a ball then repeating the cycle. This only stopped when he returned to the bathroom and threw up again which seemed to give him a reprieve from his pain. After half an hour of dvd watching on his part the ambulance arrived. I had taken my brother silence on the subject of going with him as assent, but as I was heading out he asked me to stay (his excuse was he needed someone to let him in when he arrived, but really I think it was his thing of not causing people bother again). I rashly promised to remain awake until he returned, knowing full well that this might not be for hours yet, however I had a vague hope that my (for want of a better term and because it's another story) girlfriend would stay up on msn to keep me company.  She however was clearly exhausted so I told her to sleep. So here I sit at 3am really tired and kinda stressed. Time to turn on a movie and drink a V methinks.

also why can I write 500 words on that in ten mintues, but my creative writing assignment is like trying to give birth to a fridge.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Rudi Voller

• Plantmonster
« Reply #4209 on: 09 Jun 2009, 10:30 »

... applied for finance in MARCH and still haven't heard a thing...

THIS. God dammit this. Seriously? Student Finance Direct, get your goddamn shit sorted!

That's weird that you haven't heard back from them, because I've never had any problems with the Scottish equivalent. I just applied for my fees to be payed next year (my third) and they got back to me within a week. It was also pretty handy as I could apply online, without worrying about losing things in the post.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4210 on: 09 Jun 2009, 10:38 »

a shitty thing

Eek, I really hope everything turns out ok!  Is this the first time he's had to be taken by ambulance?  Why the fuck did he have to wait that long for them to arrive?!  Ambulances are for emergencies, for crying out loud!  

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #4211 on: 09 Jun 2009, 10:48 »

apply online, without worrying about losing things in the post.

Ha. Hahahahahaha.

I applied online on March 14th.
My mum and her partner sent off the forms to support my application on March 16th, along with all the information requested.

On April 14th they got a letter asking for more information which hadn't been requested. Heaven only knows what they'd been doing with my application for that month (shredding it, would be my guess) but once all the information had been found, which required letters to accountants and solicitors and so forth, they sent it off in May some time.

It's been four weeks now and we still haven't heard anything. Now Cambridge are getting shirty because they haven't had copies of certain forms which I haven't had yet, and also because I missed a deadline submitting something to them (that part was my fault).

We just rang them up and after being on hold for fifteen minutes, got through to someone incredibly unhelpful who apparently hung up on us. Then we rang again and another person answered, saying "the computer system is down, ring back next week".

Next week is no use. I need to know now why they are so incompetent. Apparently it takes 6-8 weeks to put any information on the system, regardless of when you started trying to sort it. If they had asked for all the information they needed in one go, back when I applied the first time, we would have had this sorted out by the end of April.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #4212 on: 09 Jun 2009, 10:49 »

so i am pretty much dead broke, as in i am in the negatives and have no money to do anything at all, ever.  but i've spent like $100 in the past few months on shows.
Prioritizing success.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #4213 on: 09 Jun 2009, 11:08 »

Apparently it takes 6-8 weeks to put any information on the system

That was incompetent use of computers back in the 1970s, let alone now.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #4214 on: 09 Jun 2009, 11:14 »

a shitty thing

Eek, I really hope everything turns out ok!  Is this the first time he's had to be taken by ambulance?  Why the fuck did he have to wait that long for them to arrive?!  Ambulances are for emergencies, for crying out loud!  

Thanks Rachel. It's not the first time, but it's the first time in a long time, I would think the first time since his operations several years ago. As for why we had to wait, I think you hit it on the head. He may have been in a hell of a lot of pain but he was in no real danger, not that that makes it any mroe forgivable to me.

A DVD of Love Actually, a quickly consumed pack of TimTams and a bottle of apple juice has impoved my mood however.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #4215 on: 09 Jun 2009, 11:36 »

i feel you. i also make nothing at my job and my bank balance is constantly sitting at some really tiny pathetic number which is made even more pathetic considering i already am a hermit who has no social life and never does anything fun. technically i am supposed to be saving up money for school next year but i am saving shit so now going to work has become some sort of really depressing exercise in futility.

page 90 broke crew, checking in
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #4216 on: 09 Jun 2009, 12:22 »

Man thank god, the 14-year-old did not come over after all.

I really hope that wasn't the only thing that kept you from fooling around with a 14 year old.

No, but it is mighty convenient!

Dear blag thread,

Fuck, now I stay at home all day and don't do anything. I used to actually be interested in my own life, now I'm just a boring old wanker like I used to be. Great.

At least tomorrow I have something to do, tomorrow's the final and I still have a friend in it. I'm gonna go and watch her KICK ASS and then when she wins there will be an afterparty at the biker bar and we are gonna get SO STUPID it's gonna be awesome.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #4217 on: 09 Jun 2009, 13:07 »

hey blog thread, how's it going.

so in april i graduated from uni and moved back to markham to live with my parents. while initially i was excited to finally be done with university and no longer have to worry about paying for things like rent or tuition or textbooks, after about a week or two things started to get sort of shitty when it occurred to me that living in markham is pretty fucking awful for a whole slew of reasons. i moved away from all of my best friends in guelph and don't actually have any here, and it is really hard to make friends here because markham is a suburban hellhole where there is nothing fun to do and everybody moves to a better place as soon as they graduate high school. to top it off, my parents are sort of crazy and depressed and dysfunctional and i have been having a really hard time finding a steady job because nobody is hiring. it took me ages to find two awful part time retail jobs only to then be fired from one of them because they accidentally over-hired, and my other awful retail job only gives me about 10-15 hours of work a week. as much as i hate retail, i am forced to constantly suck up to my boss and be really pushy and irritating with customers because now i am paranoid and terrified they'll fire me too if they decide i am losing them money and i really can't lose this job cos it's the only one i've got. needless to say i've been feeling sort of a pathetic lonely mess the last few weeks. i know it could be worse and i am trying not to be such a sad sack, but it's been a struggle to try to get my shit together and focus on my long-term goals when all i can really think about every day is how miserable i am and how much i desperately want to be anywhere other than where i am right now, and the only people i have any regular contact with are my miserable parents who hate life even more than i do.

tomorrow i have another job interview (yet again in retail) and i applied for a few volunteer positions in toronto in the hopes that just getting out of the house and having something to do will help calm me down a bit and improve my mood. sorry for the whining, blog thread. i am really hoping i adjust to this new lonely life soon, and i will try my best, but until then i might have to continue using this as an outlet once in a while cos dang things just feel really lonely and unbearable right now.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2009, 13:09 by tania »

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #4218 on: 09 Jun 2009, 13:50 »

Guys, I'm in Belgium!

Woooo!

Life is boring here. I've been spending it playing on my guitar, listening to lots of noise / hardcore, reading Our Band Could Be Your Life, and wondering how I am going to make any money this summer. I'm thinking of writing a tutorial for Nettuts. I have absolutely no money, and I need (want) a new guitar.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4219 on: 09 Jun 2009, 18:44 »

Guys I played with horse shit today

Zingoleb

« Reply #4220 on: 09 Jun 2009, 18:45 »

Translation: I planted over 20 trees and had old horse manure to use as fertilizer

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #4221 on: 09 Jun 2009, 19:02 »

Guys I played with horse shit today
We have a huge mountain of pigeon shit mixed with tree limbs and leaves in our backyard. This is why living in the middle of nowhere (the country) is not all it's cracked up to be.

ackblom12

« Reply #4222 on: 09 Jun 2009, 19:33 »

Man, the country is the best place for us hermits.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #4223 on: 09 Jun 2009, 20:34 »

suburban hellhole

Living in Richmond Hill (adjacent to Markham for people not from the GTA) for a term is pretty much why I started spending so much time here. Volunteering is a great idea. I really like my volunteer bike shop. Gets you doing things you care about.
I'll keep you in the loop if we whip up any more turduckens in Waterloo or anything.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

allison

« Reply #4224 on: 09 Jun 2009, 20:41 »

Richmond Hill is the worst place. THE WORST. It is worse than Mississauga and seriously, Mississauga really sucks most of the time.

nobo

« Reply #4225 on: 09 Jun 2009, 20:56 »

Mississauga huh? My one male cousin lives/goes to school in that area, University of Guelph or something like that.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #4226 on: 09 Jun 2009, 21:02 »

Looking at the online answers for the Physics exam I just took, I think I might have gotten 100%. I feel like a massive nerd, but on the other hand, fuck yeah.
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #4227 on: 09 Jun 2009, 21:12 »

taking words out of my mouth

your life is pretty much my life right now.  although i guess charlotte is not as shitty and i've managed to make some friends even if i actually don't like them very much.

the thing that frustrates me the most is this pathetic dilemma: i need money.  in order to have money, i need a job.   in order to have a job, i need a car.  in order to have a car, i need money.  considering i work part time i actually have okay hours.  i could easily make enough in two or three months to manage to move out to another city.  but instead, all my money is being swallowed up by insurance, car payments and gas money.  i know i am really lucky to have a job and a car, and a place to live and food to eat.  but it doesn't make it any less depressing that every pay day i have to keep myself from touching any of the money i've earned because it's not actually mine - it's the car's.

the only way for me to manage to save anything is to find an second part time job.  but not only that, i need a job that can somehow work around my internship and also will not conflict with my availability at my retail job.  the only thing i have been able to come up with is trying to temp as a part time secretary during the early afternoon.  if anyone is even hiring such a position with such limited hours!  also this will mean i will have less hours open to work at my other job so in the end i may not even end up making any more money than i am now.

i would be willing to work 20 hrs a day if it would get me out of charlotte quicker.  it really annoys me that i can't.  fuck you, economy.  all i want is a tiny studio apartment in a city that doesn't suck, and enough money to afford rice and vet bills.  why did you have to go and ruin everything???
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2009, 21:16 by iamiam »
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

allison

« Reply #4228 on: 09 Jun 2009, 21:22 »

Mississauga huh? My one male cousin lives/goes to school in that area, University of Guelph or something like that.

Guelph is about 45 minutes away from here. I'm told its fun because it's a university town.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #4229 on: 09 Jun 2009, 21:24 »

I dyed my sister's sexy boyfriend's hair and some of my sister's dreads.

family <3
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #4230 on: 09 Jun 2009, 21:29 »

Broke thread,

Tonight I went to a Decemberists concert in Boston. It was at an outdoor venue and it was raining and really really cold, so there was much huddling of the masses. Besides that, it was pretty much the greatest; incredible execution, great sound mixing, humorous banter and such, and really good songs. Also, I've arrived at the decision that I would like to look into a career in becoming Shara Worden's love slave.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Reed

« Reply #4231 on: 09 Jun 2009, 21:40 »

Just had to rub it in my face, didn't you?
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #4232 on: 09 Jun 2009, 21:44 »

Shara Worden's love slave.

Man, was she wearing those tights?  How awesome is her dancing!  I fucking loved that concert.

Harem buddies?

Reed

« Reply #4233 on: 09 Jun 2009, 21:53 »

Fuck you both

Edit: Twice
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #4234 on: 09 Jun 2009, 22:29 »

last night

update incase anyone is curious. I remained awake till 8am with no word from my brother, so I called my mother (my brother and I don't live with our parents) explained the situation and passed the situation into her care and went to sleep. I was woken at 11 by a call from mark at the front door waiting to be let in turns out he had had kidney stones and with them removed was a has happy and healthy as ever (enough so as to walk home from the hospital)

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #4235 on: 09 Jun 2009, 22:34 »

Today is a landmark day, my friends. Today is the first day that I got so bothered and wound up by work that I felt a strong desire to drink and smoke cigarettes ASAP upon arriving home.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #4236 on: 09 Jun 2009, 23:37 »

horrible pain on brother's part
Holy crap, that sounds rough. Condolences from a random internet person.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #4237 on: 10 Jun 2009, 00:55 »

Hey, my flatmate next year graduated from that place.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #4238 on: 10 Jun 2009, 01:50 »

Something just went pop, and fell down the window outside. Seeing that my bedroom is right above this room, I'm fully expecting to walk up there and see my brand new PC in more parts than I ordered.
My Last.FM

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #4239 on: 10 Jun 2009, 01:58 »

Why would your PC commit suicide by jumping out of a window?

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #4240 on: 10 Jun 2009, 02:04 »

Maybe he played too much Doom?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #4241 on: 10 Jun 2009, 03:20 »

suburban hellhole

Oh my god Tania I feel like I should give you a hug or something, that picture actually terrifies me.

Dear blog thread,

Gahhhhh why does my girlfriend want to meet me at 6 when I do not have time at 6 and I do not have money on my phone to tell her that I do not have time to meet her at 6 ejgsioergmmior

Bright side: oh wait, I was gonna say something about that being my biggest worry, but I still have that move next month which I am horribly dreading and I basically just want to cry all day every day.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4242 on: 10 Jun 2009, 04:10 »

A few hours ago, I watched the actual cablecast of my music show. Even after having viewed it at least a dozen times in its entirety between editing it and turning it in, there's something different about seeing it "for real".  :-o
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

nobo

« Reply #4243 on: 10 Jun 2009, 04:12 »

Hey, my flatmate next year graduated from that place.

He wouldn't happen to be a Polish guy named Charles would he?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4244 on: 10 Jun 2009, 06:10 »

update incase anyone is curious. I remained awake till 8am with no word from my brother, so I called my mother (my brother and I don't live with our parents) explained the situation and passed the situation into her care and went to sleep. I was woken at 11 by a call from mark at the front door waiting to be let in turns out he had had kidney stones and with them removed was a has happy and healthy as ever (enough so as to walk home from the hospital)

Glad he's okay and it was nothing serious!

While I'm here, hi blog thread.  What's up?  Not much here, still waiting to hear back on that job I applied for.  I should have some sort of word on it by today regarding an interview.  I really want it, but I'm thinking my chances are pretty slim  since the whole world is applying.  That's really all that's gonig on, and really, it's not much to report. 

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #4245 on: 10 Jun 2009, 07:57 »

I'm told its fun because it's a university town.

guelph IS fun! and the university of guelph is the place i just got my undergrad from and where i've lived the last four years. it's got lots of wonderful independent coffee shops and friendly strangers and a summer music festival every year that is just the best thing. definitely makes stupid smelly congested markham seem that much worse in comparison  :|

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4246 on: 10 Jun 2009, 09:23 »

I have a job interviewwww!!!!!!  God I want this position so badly.  Just the benefits are INCREDIBLE.  The interview isn't until Tuesday, so I have that much time to twiddle my thumbs and pace and stress and oh god i'm probably gonna break out or something right beforehand and somehow mess it up. 

allison

« Reply #4247 on: 10 Jun 2009, 09:33 »

I'm told its fun because it's a university town.

guelph IS fun! and the university of guelph is the place i just got my undergrad from and where i've lived the last four years. it's got lots of wonderful independent coffee shops and friendly strangers and a summer music festival every year that is just the best thing. definitely makes stupid smelly congested markham seem that much worse in comparison  :|

HILLSIDE

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #4248 on: 10 Jun 2009, 11:34 »

Been there every year since I've been in Ontario. I actually got the first ticket this year, which involved hanging out overnight with a crazy man rambling about lucifer and how he had to fight so many people and how his family could and would will everything out of existence if he died. I mean, what kind of overnight picnic on the steps of an office building in Guelph isn't complete without a crazy man.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4249 on: 10 Jun 2009, 13:21 »

Man, the country is the best place for us hermits.

This this this this this. THIIIIIS.

Blaggy,

I am really fucking hungry and a bit miffed at my father. Turns out that he hasn't been paying for my insurance as he said he has been, so I had to pay out all my money to pay for health insurance.

Also turns out that he's the reason my shit is disappearing. He steals my clothes, upended my hamper of clothing and took the hamper outside and used it to plant flowers in, then took all my pots and pans to a different house to use for dog food bowls.

Plus side! At 5 o'clock there is going to be a jam session with some friends. I used to go to jam sessions with some of my older (read: 40+ crowd) friends, but they were stale. They had the same few songs they'd do over and over again (Wonderful Tonight; Roadside Blues; Feelin' Alright; Imagine) and then when I wanted to play, they'd give me a quiet amp so that even cranked up to full blast I could not even hear myself. At that point I just stopped  going, because they're all decent but nothing amazing, and I was kicking their asses as a guitarist and getting no recognition at all.

These guys I'm with now are younger and quite a bit better as musicians and are actually respectful towards me, which I am so grateful for. Oh, hey, it's 4:20. I have to be there at five...hope this turns out well.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 90   Go Up