THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748234 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #250 on: 04 Feb 2009, 20:08 »

:x

That's all I can say because all the people I want to tell what I'm unhappy about are asleep.

:-(
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #251 on: 04 Feb 2009, 20:15 »

Did I tell you guys I got an apartment and it is teeny tiny but also in a really really nice posh neighbourhood and within a five minute walk from my work? I'm excited!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #252 on: 04 Feb 2009, 20:26 »

Multiple choice response!

a. congrats, Lunchy!  Surry Hills is pretty nice & it's good that you're so close to work
b. Oh.  So Newtown isn't good enough for you hey?  Fine.
c. I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A PLACE AND EVERYTHING IS TOO EXPENSIVE FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOU.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist
« Reply #253 on: 04 Feb 2009, 20:28 »

Yo what up Blogz!

Today I ate a piece of game pie from Bona Foodie. It was gorgeous. I also had a rehearsal all day long which was very tiring and very stresful as I am finding the play very difficult. Although it is fun. I like being all cockney wideboy ish. I' was going to write on my real blog but I don't have the energy so this is just a little note to yous.

P
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

CarrionMan

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • The RP Syndicate
« Reply #254 on: 04 Feb 2009, 21:00 »

So, it just so happened that on the local forums for my community, they were ripping on the local band director, a close friend of mine, and one of my greatest mentors. With no information about him. It really pisses me off that people would do. One incident that they know barely anything about led to the bashing of a great teacher. This happened a couple months ago and led to the firing of two of the best teachers at my high school. Arg.
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #255 on: 04 Feb 2009, 21:11 »

It is now 6AM, and since midnight I have gotten the following done:
- Huge load of dishes
- Tidied and vacuum cleaned my room
- Read 7 chapters of performance engineering for my midterm today, which means I'm not really prepared, but at least if someone asked I could tell them what the class is about and at least in broad terms tell them about what I've read. But I'll probably fail it anyways.
- Paid a couple of bills
- Threw out a bunch of trash
- Knitted a bit
- Ate and made awesome iced coffee
- Swept over countertops and the stove in the kitchen
- Sorted laundry and will be starting 4 machines once the laundry room opens in an hour, and I'll get them all tumbledried and folded before school.

..but no sleep, of course. Why am I never motivated to do stuff like this during normal hours of the day?

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #256 on: 05 Feb 2009, 01:28 »

Tania that sounds like a real shitty time. I have never been to a career fair before and now I am even more inclined to avoid them for as long as I can manage  :-(

Today was...I dunno, it crystallized some things for me. It was my birthday today, and I didn't do anything special for it, but just spending time with a few good friends + really sweet engrish emails from my family made me really happy! But then I decided to call my dad, though I had been putting it off for a while. Pretty much every time I'm on the phone with him, he keeps me tied up for two-three hours even if I tell him I need to go, and it's been very consistent for the last several times that I end up in tears (of frustration mostly).

The situation is complicated but dumb-complicated and not worth going into. At the end of the call I felt very strongly for the first time that I don't like being upset, I want to be happy! (I dunno I guess usually when I'm upset I'm just caught up in feeling upset, and it hadn't occurred to me before to be frustrated at having to be upset instead of happy.) I really don't want to have to deal with this right now, because it's so exhausting having to work through it and it really compromises my ability to devote myself to my studies. Also my life is really great otherwise and it's like...annoying that I can't just be happy?

I really look forward to graduating and I wish I could put off working through this until then. I love school, but I could be so much better at it.

Anyways for a while after the call I was overwhelmed with how much I had to do and literally unable to make decisions but I had a good friend I could sort through this with and now I am resigned to letting myself be too unsettled to make serious progress on homework. Hopefully I will fall asleep soon.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #257 on: 05 Feb 2009, 01:38 »

So, it just so happened that on the local forums for my community, they were ripping on the local band director, a close friend of mine, and one of my greatest mentors. With no information about him. It really pisses me off that people would do. One incident that they know barely anything about led to the bashing of a great teacher. This happened a couple months ago and led to the firing of two of the best teachers at my high school. Arg.

The internet is the great Promethean gift of the 21st century.

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #258 on: 05 Feb 2009, 01:57 »

Dear Blog thread, yesterday was so ridiculous that I sincerly hope that today improves on it.

1. on the way to uni I fall on the defrosting ice and jar my leg, I am now walking around with the sort of hobble usually seen be the gestapo in bad war films.
2. I spent a good third of yesterday being violently ill, before having to go in and be talked to about my future, never all that fun.
3. Got home, curled up in bed and was so tired I basically could not move.
4. Was ruthlessly ignored by everyone on MSN, not that I feel too bad about this everyone has work to do,
5. Finally got to sleep just after realising I hadn't eaten anything that day.

All in all, not the best of days, still I am sure this one will be superior.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #259 on: 05 Feb 2009, 01:58 »

Local community forums are the devil. My local newspaper has a curmudgeonly forum in which many of the contributors refer to our city as Stabby Town and blame everything on Mexicans. This is all because we had one incident in which one drunk asshole got killed by an even bigger drunken asshole a year or two ago; frankly, this stuff almost never happens around here so it's not really indicative of any trends. It doesn't stop the bitching, however, and now I check in every once a while just to see if I can give the most egregious posters cancer through sheer force of will.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #260 on: 05 Feb 2009, 03:04 »

Today I ate a piece of game pie from Bona Foodie.

Oh man, The Game. Fuck.

What is in a game pie, anyway? Just random game meats? Is it a surprise?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #261 on: 05 Feb 2009, 03:10 »

Possibly shrapnel, according to the blackboard menu of a pub in England I went to with my grandfather five-and-a-half years ago. (I think they meant lead shot.)

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #262 on: 05 Feb 2009, 04:59 »

So, it just so happened that on the local forums for my community, they were ripping on the local band director

I wish this would happen to me.  I hated my local band director.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #263 on: 05 Feb 2009, 09:06 »

The pains of using anachronistic technology.

(I feel your pain; I use film as well)

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #264 on: 05 Feb 2009, 09:18 »

There's no way you could gain access to a darkroom until you get the stuff you need? You could join a photography club or take a night class (even though you probably don't need it) and maybe someone would be able to help you out.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #265 on: 05 Feb 2009, 09:30 »

Spits the film out into a lit room?  :-o What kind of a moronic film shop does this even with film that they are able to develop? I don't know much about photography but the first thing I learnt in my Film course is to NEVER EVER destroy the footage on the original tapes in case the edit gets messed up.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #266 on: 05 Feb 2009, 09:32 »

But if the film is developed, it won't matter. You can expose developed film to light all you want, but the machine didn't develop black and white, so it got spat out undeveloped.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #267 on: 05 Feb 2009, 10:10 »

Look for second hand equipment on ebay! I know a load of people that have gotten all the stuff they need for cheap.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #268 on: 05 Feb 2009, 10:57 »

Ah I see, so the developing makes it ok to expose? Like I said I know nothing :-)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

öde

« Reply #269 on: 05 Feb 2009, 11:27 »

Yeah, the but rest of the stuff should be no problem. Wouldn't an enlarger be a bit big to travel with too though? Good luck anyway!

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #270 on: 05 Feb 2009, 11:35 »

I know I am pretty late, but I thought 300 was a really good movie.
Hate, rain on me

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #271 on: 05 Feb 2009, 14:12 »

Well really Meebo.

Really.

I do not believe I did sign on from another computer, no.

So that leads me to believe that you have allowed someone else to sign on as me, and then booted me instead of the impostor.

I TAKE A DIM VIEW OF THIS.

It turns out that the cute supermarket  girl is straight. I take a dim view of this too :-(

mooface

« Reply #272 on: 05 Feb 2009, 14:28 »

i guess it's time to start the obligatory "MEEBO IS DOWN!" thread.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #273 on: 05 Feb 2009, 14:40 »

okay so it's a small fee but regardless why the hell do i have to pay to graduate? isn't the tens of thousands of dollars i've already given my university over the last four years enough? fuck yooouu
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #274 on: 05 Feb 2009, 15:08 »

Is it a ceremony cost sort of thing? Or are you absolutely barred from graduating without paying in?
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #275 on: 05 Feb 2009, 15:20 »

I can't graduate without paying; but I've done without it for 40 years, and see no reason to bother now. 

This didn't even prevent me becoming a member of Congregation (the greater governing body of Oxford University) - it is, however, required to wear your gown to meetings, and I'm not entitled to wear a gown! (this rule was relaxed during a recent controversy, so I was able to go and cast my vote).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #276 on: 05 Feb 2009, 16:53 »

I know I am pretty late, but I thought 300 was a really good movie.

DAS IST SPATEN

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #277 on: 05 Feb 2009, 17:05 »

in the true spirit of blogs that no one reads or cares about:

i think i am in love with a lesbian. fuuuuck

i am going to go home, get so stoned, listen to Black Moth Super Rainbow, teach my roommate to play Magic: The Gathering, and try to forget how badly i suck at girls.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #278 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:17 »

For example, look at texting. People spell words "incorrectly" when texting, but a lot of the times those abreviations are intentional and internally consistent; in order to effectively use text messaging shorthand you need a certain basic understanding of language to begin with or else your message won't be clear; the thought process is closer to creating your own pidgin on the fly rather than simply babbling.

Man, I totally write entire sentences with proper grammar and everything. No joke.

Dear blog thread,

My sortof forced interblags hiatus begins tomorrow, as I will be leaving D.C. and travelling onward to Alaska, where I will not have my laptop (it broke again a couple weeks ago) and even if I did I would not have internet in my apartment. What's nice is that two days ago I totally got a bunch of awesome clothing. Some really nice long-sleeved button down shirts, a turtleneck, some other knit-type sweaters, and some other stuff. And since it was on sale I got like 10 items for less than $150. Pretty happy with myself and Macy's right now.

Also, I got a trim today at D.C.'s Aveda Institute. It's where they teach their new hairstylists and shit. I wound up with this really cute girl doing my hair, she was hella nice and made my hair look all purdy.

Downside: my mom found out that she has to go into knee surgery. They managed to fit her in for tomorrow, which is awesome, but man, what a bummer. Related: our medical officer back home, who told her "Naaaaaaah you can do physical therapy here" can die in a fire for all we care. The doc here was like "Uhhh that's the worst thing you could possibly do right now."

Love,
Me.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #279 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:08 »

I was drawing a picture on my computer and it overheated and turned itself off and I lost iiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :(

Stupid summer. It's only just going to get hotter over the weekend, too.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #280 on: 06 Feb 2009, 00:10 »

Not here! One more horror-show day tomorrow and then it's forecast 20-something degrees for all next week.

Come oooooooon, cool change.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #281 on: 06 Feb 2009, 00:32 »

i am going to go home, get so stoned, listen to Black Moth Super Rainbow, teach my roommate to play Magic: The Gathering, and try to forget how badly i suck at girls.

Holy shit dude this hit so close to home you don't even know.

I mean, I'm not sure if any of the people I've ever been in love with are or have ever been actually lesbian, but the mindset this post conveys was mine for about a year (in fact it was more or less exactly a year ago that that period ended).

Things will get better.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #282 on: 06 Feb 2009, 02:03 »

Holy shit dude this hit so close to home you don't even know.

I mean, I'm not sure if any of the people I've ever been in love with are or have ever been actually lesbian, but the mindset this post conveys was mine for about a year (in fact it was more or less exactly a year ago that that period ended).

Things will get better.

There is the hottest lesbian I've ever met, that works where I work.  I really tried hard to get with her one time at the bar here.  Didn't happen, that's all i'm gonna say.  She's such a tease with her body too.  Everytime she is around me she is all bending over and arching her back.  It's so hot, yet I know I can not touch and now I know that is true even if she is drunk.  It doesn't get better, you just pork other girls (ones that like penis) instead.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #283 on: 06 Feb 2009, 02:17 »

pork pork pork a ho

man, girls be teasing me with their bodies, all arching their backs when they bend over  :-o that's how you know they wanna fuck

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #284 on: 06 Feb 2009, 02:51 »

yup ones that like the wing wang.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #285 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:09 »

And while they're arched their backs, if they stretch their arms and start yawning it means they're thinking of going to bed.

BETWEEN THE COVERS.

POSSIBLY NAKED.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #286 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:12 »

But not with you.

Because she don't want your dick bro. Man what is up with that shit, fo realz.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #287 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:17 »

now I know that is true even if she is drunk. 

Well at least you know

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #288 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:21 »

My sortof forced interblags hiatus begins tomorrow, as I will be leaving D.C. and travelling onward to Alaska, where I will not have my laptop (it broke again a couple weeks ago) and even if I did I would not have internet in my apartment.

So when that Duo-Sonic comes in, I'm just calling you, putting the phone up to my amp and HOPING YOUR EARS DON'T DIE.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #289 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:29 »

Blog thread.
Life is pretty excellent right now.
Saturday I am graduating to red belt. This is exciting.
I think today I will get a new shirt to wear to Kung Fu with my name embroidered on it.
Saturday I will also be hanging out with my homie and his girlfriend and some of her cute friends. This is also exciting.
This weekend is going to start out awesome and end awesome. Sunday will be easy at work.
I also finally have money saved and I'm caught up on bills.
Also, the NBA will be at the hotel.
Awesome!
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #290 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:49 »

Today started out shitting with lots of ill and it is still full of ill but I now have a large hulk of blue stilton, some chocolate milk and a better mood. We went to film some interviews of the hair and beauty students but they are snooty and camera-shy so we ended up filming some random shots for half an hour and then leaving in a huff.

But things improved, Sarah turned up from wherever she'd been all morning and I bought some cheese. I like cheese.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #291 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:54 »

Today my friend tried to convince me that eating an excessive amount of cheese leads to vivid and bizarre dreams. I remain unconvinced.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #292 on: 06 Feb 2009, 06:21 »

Vivid and bizarre bowel movements, maybe.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #293 on: 06 Feb 2009, 06:51 »

Guys, GUYS,
Tonight I traded numbers with a cute boy in a bar for the first time in my life ever.

OH MAN NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.  HE WOULD ONLY ASK IF HE WAS INTERESTED RIGHT? RIGHT?
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #294 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:01 »

Right!

Traditionally, what happens next is one of you calls the other and organises to go out somewhere or do something.

At least that's how we do it down here in NSW. You Queenslanders might have some strange customs I know nothing about.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

öde

« Reply #295 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:03 »

Was he arching his back?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #296 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:16 »

Nick, that sounds complicated and terrifying.  I might just leave that up to him.  (Queensland is way more normal than your silly state anyway <3)

Dan...BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

(Oh hey I just relaised I have both of you in my sig!  crazy!)

(Well no tthat crazy)
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2009, 07:20 by jodizzle »
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #297 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:21 »

Was he arching his back?

It's only worth it if he's dressed as a policeman :police:

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #298 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:26 »

Blog Thread:

New York State Department of Taxation and Finance has decided to screw over the public library systems in my area by not providing tax forms anywhere else besides libraries.  There was pretty much no warning.  So all the little libraries ordered their normal small amount of forms and as the biggest library around we ordered our normal amount.  We were originally told that since we already put in the order we can't order any more right away.

We ran out in DAYS.

So now it's crunch time with everyone getting their W2s.  The NY tax department says "go to your public library" for the forms.  We have none left.  The local tax consultants cleaned us out last month.  We reordered but there is going to be a huge wait.

It's the state's stance that since all we have to do is have the forms in the library it's not a big deal for us.  Considering that we cannot give any kind of tax advice that *should* be the case.  However, people just don't understand the concept of liability.

For the last couple of weeks it's been people looking for forms and asking tax questions nonstop.

I think this whole thing is symptom of the digital divide.  NY Tax assumes that the majority of people have easy access to the internet and will use that to file electronically.  If it was just the people without Internet access it would be fine.  What they don't take into account is the HUGE number of seniors and people who simply want to use a paper form.

In any case this whole thing has become chaos at my library and I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for large libraries in NYC.

-I dunno if this counts as being a "whiney" blog rant or not.  I don't know if it's "interesting" enough to post here.  Most of you people who post here are from Australia and shit.

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #299 on: 06 Feb 2009, 08:59 »

obgled,

I am in art school studying sculpture. I have a studio space at school that is partitioned out of a massive room with a few other people's studio spaces. One of my classmates was building the back half of a life-size horse, for reasons unknown to me. They have installed this sculpture directly in front of my studio space, with the ass facing into the open passageway into my space. I don't think they even thought about how annoying it is to be working at my desk, notice a large, dark silhouette to the right, look up, and be treated to the sight of an enormous horse's ass. Also, this thing is made of a steel armature and at least three hundred pounds of awkwardly balanced plaster, so i can't move it by myself.

Dang do I have a strange life.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 90   Go Up