THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748221 times)

mooface

Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #450 on: 10 Feb 2009, 15:52 »

before leaving for dublin michele talked to a couple jehovah's witnesses who came to his apartment because he was bored and lonely.

i've been staying at his apartment here in rome and now they keep coming once a week and asking for him.  every time i tell them he doesn't live here anymore and every time they are like "oh we were just hoping he'd be back, hey are you interested in talking to us  though?!"  it is pretty annoying, i wish they would go bother someone else instead.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #451 on: 10 Feb 2009, 16:22 »

I had just gotten up and was in the middle of cooking some lunch, so I came to the door topless holding a big chef's knife. I said hi, they said hi and asked if I was James, I said yes, they asked if they could talk to me or if this was a bad time and I said it was probably a bad time and then no one ever came here again.

This is why I love you. Never change.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #452 on: 10 Feb 2009, 16:44 »

Most of that is probably the deposit which goes toward your last month's payment and you are refunded the difference.
Unfortunately, it isn't. We already paid a $250 deposit, so actually our first bill was $500, but they credited us $250 for the deposit.

My mother always invited Jehovah's Witnesses in - she felt she had a sacred duty to try to convert them to the proper church.  I tried arguing with them once - each time they produced a biblical quote, I compared it with three other translations as a debating point; it didn't get me anywhere, so I've never tried again.
Yeah, they like their biblical quotes....even if they actually have nothing to do with what you are arguing. Sometimes they seem like the telemarketers who are given a script and have no idea what to do when someone moves away from it.

so i just moved into a new house and get this: it came with not one, but two rope swings already installed!
I am insanely jealous of you.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #453 on: 10 Feb 2009, 16:50 »

i wish they would go bother someone else instead.

See: my post shortly above yours.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #454 on: 10 Feb 2009, 17:01 »

I do not have problems with Mormons. I have problems with the Jehova's Witnesses knocking on my door. And I can't be mean because they drag their children along with them and they are so little and cute and I always have to set a good example for kids and that's probably the wrong idea because they probably think they are doing me a favor and now they won't leave me aloooooooone.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #455 on: 10 Feb 2009, 17:03 »

i wish they would go bother someone else instead.

See: my post shortly above yours.

i think that might be a little counterproductive to the cause.

hell, if i knocked on Mai's door and she answered it topless, i'd probably never leave.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #456 on: 10 Feb 2009, 18:03 »

Jonas, did you get the pictures I emailed you? Just let me know, and I can cross it of my mental to-do-list.

Today, I had my English class. I was supposed to read The Picture of Dorian Gray for it, but I lost the book and although I looked for it for half an hour in my tiny room, I couldn't find it again for the life of me. So I went to the lecturer before class and explained the situation to him, and he looked me up and down and said, "yeah, your book is actually in your pants." And there it was, sticking out of my pants. I don't normally store my books in my pants, but I brought it to the kitchen with me to read while eating, and then I wanted to put it down at some point but couldn't because all surfaces were sticky and wet so I just stuck it in my pants instead. And I forgot about it and just walked about with a book sticking out of my pants. That sort of explains the looks I got today. I don't know whether my professor now thinks I was being cheeky or if he thinks I'm a huge idiot and I'm not sure which would be preferable.

This kind of stuff happens to me like all the time. I was voted "crazy professor" in high school. I decided to laugh about it though and not put my head through a wall.

This is an amazing story.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #457 on: 10 Feb 2009, 18:18 »

Man, I live next door to the main Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall for this part of London and I have never once been visited by them. Dicks.

This might have something to do with the fact that they have seen me, and possibly other people I live with, naked as the windows of their meeting hall directly face us and we are not the kind of guys to be too concerned with drawing curtains when we are not wearing clothes. Or maybe they don't come because during the summer when I got home from work I would sit on the window ledge with a bottle of wine, a pack of cigarettes and loud electronic music leering at them as they arrived for their evening meeting. These might be the reasons.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #458 on: 10 Feb 2009, 18:21 »

amazing story

This is an amazing story.
Yeah, I kind of can't stop laughing at that now. I feel moderately silly, but I needed the laughs today!

Yeah so, hi blog thread. So, this girl, who is my friend, who I have a bit of a thing for, but who has been non-single, is now single. Her BF dumped her today, and I've just spent the last 5+ hours comforting her through storms of crying, moping, going to the vet to get her kitten a rabies vaccine, and other such fun, fun things. She seemed alright when I left, but I'm still worried. Basically, today was a shitty, shitty day
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #459 on: 10 Feb 2009, 18:43 »

Man a girl slyly subtly invited me to a valentines day thing but dang I am basically not interested in her at all. I feel like a jerk for basically avoiding her but I am pretty sure I am allowed to do that. Flat-out rejecting her, while actually better in the long run, is not something i am mentally prepared to do. It basically sucks.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #460 on: 10 Feb 2009, 18:47 »

Just go to the party but bring another girl.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #461 on: 10 Feb 2009, 18:51 »

I would think going to the party in only assless, crotchless chaps and a dinner jacket w/ bowtie would be best. That is the best way to reject someone.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #462 on: 10 Feb 2009, 18:53 »

Just walkin' round, all casual like, junk hanging out, jacket buttoned up, until eventually someone calls you on the fact that you can't wear a bowtie if you ain't wearin' a collared shirt.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #463 on: 10 Feb 2009, 19:24 »

I got the cute little mormon boys to stop visiting me by flirting with them. A lot. Forcefully.

Its a long story, but I gues they decided the girl with the low cut shirts, and facial piercings, who was overly friendly, was beyond saving.

I am thinking of making some pancakes for myself. I mean, I have some frozen berries. What else could I use them for?

James, will you be my Valentine's date?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #464 on: 10 Feb 2009, 19:25 »

James, will you be my Valentine's date?

this.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #465 on: 10 Feb 2009, 19:31 »

Only if I can have the both of you and you both agree to wear chaps. Bowties optional.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #466 on: 10 Feb 2009, 19:36 »

Can I wear red chaps? And rufflely undies?

ETA:

I stopped by the comic book store on my way home from work. As soon as I stepped in, the guy jumped up from his computer, and wouldn't stop talking at me. He was all "look at this! You should get this! Buy this! You'll totally like this!" and then he gave me his phone number. It was creepy.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2009, 20:17 by Emaline »
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #467 on: 10 Feb 2009, 20:32 »

I had a pretty good night! First I got a pretty candid email from a friend of mine thanking me for being emotionally available in her recent hard times, and then I got a call (by providence, as it was the exact time I deigned to check my silent-ed phone coming back from a run) from my best friend who told me that she has resolved to "do better" by me and we are going to see a movie on Thursday, which will be the first time in 3 or 4 months that I'll have seen her for more than 15 minutes at a time. Then I will show her Reason and give her a copy.

And then I got an email from a guy I helped in the lab thanking me for figuring his account settings out and saving him hours of work, which made me feel like a model lab employee. And then I got another email telling me that the lab's vaccuum lost its extension cord. So I don't have to complete the most tedious aspect of closing tonight.

Everything's coming up Milhouse.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #468 on: 10 Feb 2009, 20:51 »

I'm making pancakes! With blue berries! And black berries! And raspberries! Despite my super awesome friend's advice. He said they wouldn't keep well overnight, but I find that hard to believe.

Also, I think I have a crush on him. Sigh. Totally impossible. And he is not single. And sigh. I don't know what happened. I totally like this dude as a friend, and his girlfriend seems totally awesome as hell. And fuck. I like it better when I didn't crush on him.

benji

« Reply #469 on: 10 Feb 2009, 21:00 »

I'm realizing tonight that many of my friends are older folks these days and that there is potential tragedy in that. A good friend of mine, who works tirelessly to help others and support our community and church has been in the hospital and it sounds like she might have something serious. Her husband is in a different hospital recovering from surgery. And then another friend (who's young, like my age young) missed a meeting tonight because she had to go to the urgent care center.

EDIT: it's always hard when the people who are always helpers are in the hospital because they are so reluctant to ask for or except help from others. I can see myself falling in to that trap. I hope that, when I become in need of help from my community, I will have the courage to ask for it and accept it.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2009, 21:03 by benji »
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #470 on: 10 Feb 2009, 22:22 »

FUCK MY LIFE.
Liz is touching me.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #471 on: 10 Feb 2009, 22:42 »

So a couple of pages back I mentioned that I was probably going to take my girlfriend to the park on the day after Valentines Day and we'd have a picnic or something. Anyway Ingelise asked me what we were going to be doing and so I ran that idea past her to which she replied "Pfft. That's lame, let's go to the Powerhouse Museum and see the Star Wars exhibition instead."

My girlfriend is awesome.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #472 on: 10 Feb 2009, 22:46 »

Benji, I don't have much to say about you post except: Man. That sucks. I kinda know how you feel, and can see where you are coming from I hope they all get better soon, they sound like awesome people.

And Tommy, I prefer that last line. But yeah, that's awesome as hell.

And man, Liz, what happened?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #473 on: 10 Feb 2009, 22:46 »

Boys.
Liz is touching me.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #474 on: 10 Feb 2009, 22:47 »

Fuck them all.

Inglorious bastards.
Liz is touching me.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #475 on: 10 Feb 2009, 22:49 »

My housemate just got back to Melbourne from her parents' place in country Victoria today. She went up there on Friday, and then when the fires hit on Saturday she stayed up there to help out. One of the towns that was destroyed by the fires was only 20 minutes away, she told me, from where she was.

Needless to say I'm incredibly relieved that she's back and safe. I've been worried all week.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #476 on: 10 Feb 2009, 22:50 »

EDIT: it's always hard when the people who are always helpers are in the hospital because they are so reluctant to ask for or except help from others. I can see myself falling in to that trap. I hope that, when I become in need of help from my community, I will have the courage to ask for it and accept it.

This is the curse of pretty much any good mother everywhere. My mom is still helping people non-stop. She gets sick so much more than I do because even when she needs to stop, she can't. She is just helping too many people.

Blog Thread readers, go hug your moms if you can, they've probably sacrificed a lot for you/your family. (I swear to god if you turn this into a "my mom isn't caring she is a crazy bitch" thing, I will find you, and I will break all of the bones in your hand, one by one.)
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #477 on: 10 Feb 2009, 22:54 »

Yo' mama's so fat it takes five people to hug her.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #478 on: 10 Feb 2009, 23:40 »

I was going to sue my parents, remember? Except I think it was mostly my father's doing. And my mom was the one who fixed it all.

Liz, if we fucked all the boys, I think they'd be quite happy. Its the opposite of what you want to do when you are upset with them.

Today, I walked home from quite a distance. It was night by the time I started walking. And though the weather was quite nice, it was a slight bit chilly out due to wind. The first half of the distance went well, until I heard something rustle in the leaves behind me, and some twigs break. Obviously, at this point, something with no face, but a  huge grin and sharp teeth, that walked on its ankles, was following me. I could hear the drool drip off its teeth, and the clacking of its claws. So at this point, I started walking quicker.

I eventually lost the thing in a neighbor hood, that reminded me of growing up. That neighborhood lead to a field. In that field was a loud bat, who was swooping and calling. It got dreadfully close to me, and that's when I realized that it wasn't looking for bugs, it was looking for me. I knew it wanted to bite me, so I headed towards a strip mall at the end of the field, where I ducked into a locally owned grocery store. I hung around for a few minutes, and when I went back outside I could have sworn I was safe from the bat, but lo and behold, I was not. As soon as I got to the end of the street, I heard his shriek again. I turned down the first street to get away from him.

All seemed to be going well, as I walked down those dark street. I heard no noises. Nothing was too freightening, everything was going smoothly. I encountered a rock with a face, who looked like an orge all rolled up, but it did me no harm. When I made it to Main Street, I was almost home. I cut through the courthouse, and down through the parking lot. And that's where I heard it.

It sounded like heavy cutting, like two thick, sharp, metal blades crashing into each other. And also like thick points hitting the ground, clack clack clop. Obviously it was some sort of creature with hedge clipper legs. Its top would be parts of a mannequin, with bright red lips, and pencil thin eyebrows, with a stern but sullen look on its face.

Nervously, I continued walking towards my house. I was almost there. But everytime I stopped, I could hear it. Slice slice clack clack clop.

I picked up the pace again, and I made it home safe. I am now laying in bed, wishing for sleep. It is pouring down rain, and the wind is howling, and every now and then, I heard a thud! and it is quiete scary. Obviously the two creatures are back to finish their jobs. Obviously.

tl;dr :   I have an over active imagination for a 20 year old female, and it is getting the best of me.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #479 on: 11 Feb 2009, 00:16 »

My housemate just got back to Melbourne from her parents' place in country Victoria today. She went up there on Friday, and then when the fires hit on Saturday she stayed up there to help out. One of the towns that was destroyed by the fires was only 20 minutes away, she told me, from where she was.

Needless to say I'm incredibly relieved that she's back and safe. I've been worried all week.

Scratch that, she got antsy not being at her mum's house to help out seeing as how it's in an area that's in an area still officially on alert, so she went back. Ho-hum.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #480 on: 11 Feb 2009, 00:18 »

Well, looks like I just lost a filling. Dentist said it would probably be sensitive, but, I guess I flat out lost it. This sucks.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #481 on: 11 Feb 2009, 00:50 »

Emaline, that sounds like a story from one of those really old collections of horror stories for kids I used to find in the public library. You know, the kind of book that never was new, it just came into existence looking vaguely tattered and worn-looking, with vague illustrations of stories that weren't really scary, but you still wouldn't be able to stop glancing over your shoulder for a few hours after you read them.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #482 on: 11 Feb 2009, 01:02 »

Onewheelwizard, are you going to Burning Man this year or have you ever been there? I'm seriously considering going, I'd love to hear more about it!

I'm going this year and it will be my third Burn.

There is nothing I have experienced in life (except sex) that I can recommend more highly.  I'll send you a PM about it.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #483 on: 11 Feb 2009, 02:46 »

I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

mooface

« Reply #484 on: 11 Feb 2009, 03:31 »

so i joined BME a few days ago since i had a free acct anyways and i figured hey, maybe i will meet some rad people this way!

some guy messaged me and he seemed normal and nice when we first started talking... until he started going off in depth about his mom seeing him in his underpants :\

small text for length:

John says:
eeek hold on. my mom just walked by. ahhahah im in my undies hhhaha shit
Pyrate KoW says:
haha nice
Pyrate KoW says:
internetting in underpants is such a great thing though
John says:
hheh it is
John says:
are you?
Pyrate KoW says:
nah  :c
John says:
ah no fun
John says:
ahhhhh she just came by again
Pyrate KoW says:
are you in your room?
John says:
yesss but she opened the door
John says:
so bad
Pyrate KoW says:
hehe
John says:
what should i dooo
Pyrate KoW says:
you don't have a lock on the door?
John says:
no i dont. i dont know why she keeps opening it
Pyrate KoW says:
you should make a sign that says "KEEP OUT" in crayon lettering
Pyrate KoW says:
worked as a kid, right?
John says:
hah om she just said "ohh who you talking to? a hottie?"
Pyrate KoW says:
lol
John says:
hahah omg she just came over
John says:
hahah she is trying to get me to show her your picture hhaha
John says:
omgg she wont go awayyy and she can see my undies ahhh
John says:
omg she totally saw
Pyrate KoW says:
?
John says:
i cant say ittt *blushing*
John says:
she saw my cock in my undies.... they are tight.
John says:
and it's all hard *blushing
John says:
i dont know why she wont gooo haha cause i know she saw it
John says:
hehe
Pyrate KoW says:
what's she doing in your room anyways? 
John says:
i dont knowwww she wont go away cutie
John says:
*blushing*
John says:
i should just whip it out hahahhah

after spending too much time on these forums i forgot that the internet is full of creepers :(
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 03:53 by mooface »

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #485 on: 11 Feb 2009, 04:17 »

Fuck them all.

Yes, please.

How do we know who's doing the fucking though... that's what's scary.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #486 on: 11 Feb 2009, 06:05 »

When I say "fuck them all" it roughly translates to "all men can die."

So, think twice about being excited.
Liz is touching me.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #487 on: 11 Feb 2009, 06:07 »

Fuck them all.

Inglorious bastards.

Most of us, but not all of us are these... Well, if I am allowed to wish it (being male myself I am probably not in the good books right now) I hope that whoever hurt you enough to get this angry is hung, drawn and quatered. Also, Ehugs to you, because you sound like you need them.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #488 on: 11 Feb 2009, 06:27 »

I am in the computer room at the library now.

Some guy was just singing out loud at the one of the computers.  I told him he had to be a bit more quiet and he Vehemently denied it.  The guy next to him who was also wearing headphone also told him that he was singing out loud.  So now he has shut up.

Why the hell would I lie about something like that?  It kind of sucks that he had to be told by two separate people.

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #489 on: 11 Feb 2009, 06:38 »

Last night I was at work, on cash. A guy approached with a big stack of CDs, and as I was ringing them through, I convinced him to buy 2 DVDs as a part of our Valentine's day promotion. He was very nice, and wearing a Varsity Blues sweater, which is my school team. Because the transaction took a few minutes, I made small talk, asking what sport he played and so on. Once the payment went through, I said have a great evening, to which he replied "And you have a fantastic Valentine's day." I said "Thanks! That's actually my birthday."

He shuffled off to the side and was sorting through his bags and I rang through the next customer. Out of my peripheral vision I saw the guy reach over the counter and I thought he was grabbing something, but he was actually putting something down. I guess I gave him a strange look, because I wasn't sure what was going on, but he said "I just hope you have a really great birthday." Then he left.

I finished with all the customers in line and once I had a moment, I took the bag. Clearly my first thought was "it is a bomb. We are all going to die tonight." But I opened it anyway. Inside was a box! I opened the box, and inside that was a $100 gift card to the swanky spa next door. I told the story to my friend and she took the card over to the spa to see if it actually had any money on it at all. It's legit, guys.

Don't quite know how to take this. Maybe I've been working really hard at being nice lately, and this is karma telling me to keep it up. So I'm going to take my mom with me to get our nails done, as a thanks for being my mom and keeping a roof over my head and teaching me how to be an okay person for the last 20 years. I had a dream last night that I was in Pay It Forward and this happened and then I had to give 3 people gift cards to places and they had to give 3 people gift cards and basically isntead of people being nice, we were just giving them money.

Do I deserve this though?
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Krina

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #490 on: 11 Feb 2009, 06:43 »

Yesterday, I almost bought a copy of Glamour. I normally only read my flatmate's copy secretly. I decided not to buy it, for what reason I cannot remember. This morning, I regretted that, because damnit, I wanted to read that interview with Lily Allen. Both shops on campus were sold out. So I bought a magazine called "GT" instead, because that also featured an article on Lily Allen. At home, I found out that GT stands for "Gaytimes". :D Let's just say, the interview makes an "interesting" read and I now know more about lily allen's sex life than I strictly needed to. Now I'm done with the magazine, I figure I might pass it on to a gay friend who might want to look at the pictures of boys making out, only that I don'T have a gay friend in this town. Wait - do you maybe want it, Tommy? (hee hee)

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #491 on: 11 Feb 2009, 07:31 »

When I say "fuck them all" it roughly translates to "all men can die."

man this is a double standard that bugs me a little bit to be honest. there are a lot of very decent guys. would be be alright if a guy came in here and said something along the lines of "fuck all women, they can all die"? but if no one else is bothered then whatever i guess.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #492 on: 11 Feb 2009, 09:14 »

Methinks Liz was just making a flippant comment over her frustration. I don't think she actually wants to murder all the boys!
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #493 on: 11 Feb 2009, 09:35 »

I'm pretty sure that Tania knows that. She was just expressing her frustration over the fact that it is generally considered acceptable for women to say things like "Fuck all men" when they are frustrated with their interactions with a member of the opposite sex. Nobody bats an eyelash. But if I were to come in here and say something like "Fuck all women, what a bunch of skanks" there would be an absolute shitstorm (I am, of course, making the rather large assumption that anyone on this forum cares about the things I post). I would probably be called a "misogynistic prick".

It is a pretty silly double standard.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #494 on: 11 Feb 2009, 10:13 »

Fuck all dicks?
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #495 on: 11 Feb 2009, 10:24 »

man this is a double standard that bugs me a little bit to be honest. there are a lot of very decent guys. would be be alright if a guy came in here and said something along the lines of "fuck all women, they can all die"? but if no one else is bothered then whatever i guess.

It wouldn't bother me, so I guess it's a double standard where you are and not here?

Jens it's nothing you did, don't worry. I am just being a ridiculous idiot.
Liz is touching me.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #496 on: 11 Feb 2009, 10:27 »

it's not even more the double standard per se, just that i get really uncomfortable and kind of depressed when people make massive generalizations about an entire group based on a shitty interaction with one member. the men vs. women was just the example i used to try to demonstrate why i don't really like when people do it.. saying the same thing about black people or gay people would also lead to a similar shitstorm. but again, that is just my preference! there are lots of other people who post here besides me and if i am the only one who is offended by generalizations then i will just deal with it.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 10:28 by tania »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #497 on: 11 Feb 2009, 10:36 »

Fuck fuck fuck.

I am freaking out.

Shit shit shit.

Edited because I probably should not say that.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 10:39 by Emaline »

Krina

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #498 on: 11 Feb 2009, 11:14 »

Maybe it's not as bad as you think it is? :) Although that never really helps me, to be honest.

As of today, my beloved cat is no longer with us. :( I am upset. But he had been sick for two months and he wasn't going to get any better anymore. I guess he had just reached the end of his life. Still, he was a truly awesome cat. He was a stray ho probably had a rough youth on the mean streets, until he turned up in our neighbourhood one day and adopted my family. He had four people completely pussy-whipped, and when something did not go according to hid wishes, he would bite. Last spring, he gave me a bite that was so bad that I was in hospital for a week. Anton, I will always keep you in fond memory, although I plan to get a new kitty in the summer!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #499 on: 11 Feb 2009, 11:36 »

It is terrible. And I think I made it worse by posting, since my family still stalks me online. And basically, I know they saw my original post since my aunt just called me. Please stop estalking me guys, its illegal in Illinois.

I can't breathe, and I don't want to be at work right now. I need to go talk to people.

I am sorry to hear about your cat. Your story reminds me of my Spiderman. Truly he was the greatest cat ever.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 90   Go Up