THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 14:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 760293 times)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #600 on: 15 Feb 2009, 10:30 »

Threats.

Dear Blog Thread,

Today is probably a good day for doing homework but I am guessing that I will end up watching Batman and taking a nap.

Welcome to my life.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #601 on: 15 Feb 2009, 10:33 »

Haha, I am currently procrastinating by watching Batman Begins instead of studying for my physics midterm.

It's probably not the best idea, seeing as the midterm is on Wednesday, and I have another one on Thursday, and I haven't studied for either of them, but still. I want to finally watch The Dark Knight on Thursday, and I feel like I should watch Batman Begins first.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #602 on: 15 Feb 2009, 10:35 »

That is what I will be doing. My roommate bought The Dark Knight but he won't let me watch it until I've watched Batman Begins again.

Curse him.
Liz is touching me.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #603 on: 15 Feb 2009, 12:19 »

So, last night i went to a club night for the first time in a few months [usually i don't go as i don't drink and i have personal space issues] for my friend's 21st birthday. Although i didn't really want to be there i forced myself to enjoy it but while i was there i noticed a strange thing; everybody seemed mildly pissed off.

Is this normal? I mean, they were dancing and drinking happily enough but everyone seemed to be glaring at each other and they were just generally angry. I thought it was weird anyway.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #604 on: 15 Feb 2009, 14:25 »

I'm sorry for people who are having problems recently. I hope you will all feel better.

In other "news", I asked my best friend if she wanted to be my Valentine. She said yes, which I find cute, cause I wasn't really serious. So, yeah I was happy yesterday.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #605 on: 15 Feb 2009, 15:54 »

Bah bah blog thread,

I wanted to to buy some Reason refills today, but Propellerhead requires a registered copy of Reason 4. So I'm screwed.

Anybody here have a registered copy and would like to act as an intermediary?
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

mooface

« Reply #606 on: 15 Feb 2009, 21:39 »

for v-day my best girlfriend and i bought sunflowers for our best guy friends.  then our other good friends came over and we made brownie cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles on top.  then we cried as i said good bye to everyone because who knows when i'll see them again or whether i am doing the right thing and i am going to miss them so much and what am i doing with my life whaaagh

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #607 on: 15 Feb 2009, 22:32 »

There was an attractive lady here in the lobby and apparently it was cold near the door.
You could have cut glass on those things.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #608 on: 15 Feb 2009, 22:54 »

Actual email after I bought a pair of shoes today:

"Hello Catherine!

So you're interested in PUMA? Nice move. You're obviously smart, confident and know what you want in life."

I also bought a few garments. Shortly thereafter I received emails from my bank notifying me of suspicious spending activities.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #609 on: 15 Feb 2009, 23:18 »

I love the world we're living in.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #610 on: 16 Feb 2009, 04:26 »

I've always prided myself on my ability to make a really good chocolate milkshake. I thought I'd reached a pinnacle of my milkshake-making skills with my hot-paprika-and-chocolate milkshake.

I am happy to report that tonight's chocolate milkshake made with Earl Grey tea infused milk surpassed it.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #611 on: 16 Feb 2009, 04:48 »

The paprika one sounds good. I'm dubious about the earl grey, though. Have you ever had Salep? It is a pretty good addition to a milkshakey type drink, also.

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #612 on: 16 Feb 2009, 04:59 »

I for one demand detailed milkshake recipes.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #613 on: 16 Feb 2009, 06:23 »

Basic milkshake recipe: milk, really good cocoa, dark brown sugar, vanilla ice-cream. Quantities to taste.

Additives I commonly, um, add are honey (obviously use a bit less sugar than usual if you're putting honey in), vanilla essence (or extract if you can get it), peppermint essence, ground nutmeg and/or cinnamon, ground ginger, or hot paprika as mentioned. I plan on trying ground cardamon some time in the future.

For the Earl Grey one today I first simmered the milk in a saucepan with some tea leaves in it for five minutes or so, being careful not to burn the milk, then let it sit with the heat off for another few minutes (careful not to let it steep for too long or it will taste really bitter, like really strong tea). Then I put it in the fridge to chill. Then I made the basic milkshake recipe above only using the tea-infused milk instead of normal milk.

Deliciousness ensued!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #614 on: 16 Feb 2009, 06:45 »

I had a chai milkshake once and it was the best thing ever. Also, I am going to try your milkshake recipe, because I never seem to get mine right.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #615 on: 16 Feb 2009, 10:22 »

man that sounds fucking delicious.

in other news bloginess: i got the BMSR cds i ordered in the mail this weekend and the Drippers EP is scratch and sniff! Mine smells like a campfire.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

benji

« Reply #616 on: 16 Feb 2009, 11:24 »

I had a pretty awesome weekend.

On Saturday I got a haircut and then decided to blow a bunch of money on myself because I'm single and it was valentines day, so I decided to celebrate my significant relationship with me. I walked on down to the local CD store and picked up some music, and then realized that Abigail Washburn and the Sparrow Quartet were going to play a free concert. I waited around for a few hours, listened to a local band called Frisbee play (they were pretty good), and finally got to hear the band play. They were pretty superb, and hearing them play in an intimate space like that was really great. Afterwords, I got to meet them, and Bela Fleck told me I looked like I should be a banjo player. Which, coming from him, is probably compliment.

Sunday at church we threw a party for two of our longtime members who got legally married in Massachusetts for their 30th anniversary this last December. It was a fun party with an awesome wedding cake. No one spiked the punch, unfortunately, but I guess that's what you get for having your reception on a Sunday morning. There is something vaguely surreal about having a wedding reception for two women who've been together since before I was born, but it certainly was a happy event.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #617 on: 16 Feb 2009, 11:36 »

Being told you look like a banjo player should be a compliment from everyone in the whole world.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #618 on: 16 Feb 2009, 13:21 »

Guys, someone came in my store today asking if we were hiring. I gave her an application. She then asked what we sold in our store. I told her art supplies and then she went to the back and filled out her application. Well, she filled out most of it, as she forgot to list references and then sign and date it. But seriously. The store is full of art supplies. There is a big neon sign right inside the door that says "Artist Materials" as well as every window saying the name of the store followed by "Artist Materials" and "Picture Frames." How does one walk into a store and then not know what the crap is sold in it? How. The. CRAP.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #619 on: 16 Feb 2009, 13:31 »

maybe she was blind and just walked into the first door she found.

was she making weird clicking noises, like a dolphin?
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #620 on: 16 Feb 2009, 13:48 »

[stuff]

Wait wait wait, you can just stumble upon a free concert in which Bela Fleck is playing? Where the hell do you live, Awesomeville?

benji

« Reply #621 on: 16 Feb 2009, 13:54 »

I live in Louisville. Awesomeville is two towns over.

Seriously, though, between this music store and this radio station we do get an inordinate number of great musicians playing free shows.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #622 on: 16 Feb 2009, 14:04 »

dear bloghutulu thread:

Plans for today was a bit of homework.

Today I have played through Half-life 2 and hung out on meebo.

Fuck.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #623 on: 16 Feb 2009, 14:39 »

Did you do it at home?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #624 on: 16 Feb 2009, 14:50 »

I spent the weekend with an old friend.  As a consequence, I have now retired to bed with a cold.

Bleah.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #625 on: 16 Feb 2009, 18:11 »

See kiddies. Going outside is dangerous.
Ninjas's tip: Stay indoors. There's less chance you'll get harmed on the internet. Well, physically anyway.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #626 on: 16 Feb 2009, 18:43 »

I think I am about to accept a job offer with AmeriCorps working for Habitat with Humanity (as a volunteer coordinator). It doesn't pay well, but I won't have to pay for housing since my family lives in the area and AmeriCorps pays $5k of your student loans. The only con (the pros are getting experience in non profit work, not paying for housing, building up my resume, etc) is that I would have to move to another little bitty town. The little bitty town in question is (I think this is funny) Liz's hometown only I'd be in the town and not the country. Said little bitty town is only an hour and a half away from where I currently live, so it's not like I can't come back to FGO ever but still. Goodbye living four blocks from shows, and awesome coffee shops, and rad bars with good beer and all my friends (but hello being an adult, I guess)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #627 on: 16 Feb 2009, 19:53 »

Habitat's good work. I really ought to look into that sort of stuff!
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #628 on: 16 Feb 2009, 19:57 »

Are you shittin' me? That is ridiculous! It is a nice little town full of nice people, but yeah it's boring as hell. In the summer it will be packed full of tourists from either Manitoba or Nebraska and you will be able to buy every knick-knack you've ever needed. In the winter there will be nothing to do. But I would come visit you any time I go home!
Liz is touching me.

Reed

« Reply #629 on: 16 Feb 2009, 20:06 »

So after journal club tonight I noticed that one of my friends in the department was having a really bad day. I took him out to drinks  at Ted's(a whole block and 1/2 away from our lab) but I still had work to do in lab! I finished most of our 4 pitchers of beer, and no I'm sitting in lab waiting for my gel to fix (it's 11pm). I'm drunk enough that I just broke one of our gel plates and made a couple solutions where I had to use concentrated phosphoric acid, but failed to use any protection. The bright red mark on my hand tells me that this was a bad idea. I also sent my ex a text message about how the guy she's dating is a loser (it's ok, we're still friends). She showed it to him, so apparently he's not pissed at me. I'm not really sure if I should think my day is awesome or not, but my slightly inebriated self is leaning towards this direction. I need to go out for drinks more often.

Edit: I still have a 2 mile walk home. This might be interesteing
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2009, 20:16 by Dire bacterium »
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #630 on: 16 Feb 2009, 20:14 »

Blog thread, I am Reason bloggin'.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #631 on: 16 Feb 2009, 20:16 »

Maybe, you shouldn't drink when you need to work with dangerous chemicals. Just sayin'.

Dear blog thread,

One word sums up most of how I am feeling right now. "Sigh."
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #632 on: 16 Feb 2009, 20:46 »

*Chagrin* dangerous chemicals *Chagrin*

So! Today I went to an open house at IIT with my uncle, who went there and shtuff. It was fairly fun, and I learned a lot.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Reed

« Reply #633 on: 16 Feb 2009, 20:56 »

Maybe, you shouldn't drink when you need to work with dangerous chemicals. Just sayin'.

This is nonsense!
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #634 on: 16 Feb 2009, 20:58 »

My university has a huge agricultural program, and within about a ten minute walk from the campus core, there is a small student-run arboretum, and a horse stable.  So in a break in the rain today, my boyfriend and I took a walk up there and visited the horses--you can just walk right in and pet them, provided, of course, that they're willing.  Which they are.

I'm pretty sure this horse was pregnant.

Cire27

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #635 on: 17 Feb 2009, 00:24 »

After three months of hating my life because of a girl, after three months of being lied to and being led on, I've decided to move on.  Hopefully I can stick to that promise.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #636 on: 17 Feb 2009, 01:03 »

Just remember you are not bending the spoon, but merely bending yourself.  :roll:

Edit: adding.. Also today I have decided.. That if you wake up someone anything they say for the first half hour should be written off as incoherent to the actual world(even if it seems like i'm making sense).. or at least it should if it's coming from me.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 01:53 by Masterbainter »
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #637 on: 17 Feb 2009, 01:58 »

So for the past week I've spent the wee hours of the night watching Cheers DVDs with my brother. I also have missed first period twice in the past week. I've been late every single day but I haven't gotten a detention yet, because I am sneaky.

I really hate this though, I'm getting even less sleep than I usually do. Stupid charming Ted Danson
it's time to stop posting

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #638 on: 17 Feb 2009, 02:01 »

Guys I am way smitten and it is ridiculous.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #639 on: 17 Feb 2009, 02:05 »

HORSIES!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #640 on: 17 Feb 2009, 02:13 »

Guys I am way smitten and it is ridiculous.

Why, I always found being smitten a rather nice state to be in. Who is he, where does he work etc.

Also blog thread, is it wrong that I think too much.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #641 on: 17 Feb 2009, 02:18 »

Who is he, where does he work etc.

Ha you sound like my parents.  I just had to ask him a list of questions I wouldn't normally ask people (like what do his parents do? WHAT THE HELL MUM AND DAD, NO ONE ASKS THAT) and email it to them so they could stop thinking he was some kind of crazy psycho killer because my answer was 'I dont knoooow' to almost every question they asked.

I always feel dumb being smitten because you are just in this stupid dreamy dopey state and everything is all weeeee and stupid.  It is so pleasant but it makes me feel really dumb at the same time.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #642 on: 17 Feb 2009, 02:28 »

Also blog thread, is it wrong that I think too much.

Yes.

Guys, it is 4:30 in the morning. I am up doing my roommate's laundry. I am tireeddddd.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Josefbugman

« Reply #643 on: 17 Feb 2009, 02:45 »

Oh dear, I am old before my time, oh well.

Its fun though, embrace the dumbening, at least for a while. Its the only chance a few of us have to enjoy being truly hot and bothered about something.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #644 on: 17 Feb 2009, 03:00 »

truly hot and bothered about something.

Where I come from, being hot and bothered by something, is well....a slight bit inappropiate. Examples:

"The thought of my best friend, making out with and having gay sex, with his future self, makes me very hot and bothered."*
"Reading erotica makes me hot and bothered."
"When you do that thing on my neck, I get all hot and bothered. Let's go to my room."

*This sentence has a story behind it. While really fucking high the other day, I watched Primer, which just so happens to be my favorite movie, as well as the guy mentioned's favorite. I asked him what he'd do if he met himself from the future, and he said, without skipping a beat, that he'd have sex with himself, and then "after cleaning up, play an online co op game so we could pwn some noobs." When I said I wouldn't sleep with myself, he told me I lacked an imagination. I asked him to film his adventure with his future self.

*He also inspired the third example.

Guys, I should go to bed.

Josefbugman

« Reply #645 on: 17 Feb 2009, 03:07 »

Perhaps I should have said "all of a flutter" or "het up". I am sorry about that.

You did seem tired, but then again when are you going to get scintilating reparte like this again... oh wait.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #646 on: 17 Feb 2009, 03:16 »

"All of a flutter" means roughly the same thing as "all hot and bothered".

Just so you know.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #647 on: 17 Feb 2009, 03:17 »

For serious. As does "flusterated."

Josefbugman

« Reply #648 on: 17 Feb 2009, 03:21 »

Oh ruddy, bloody hell what am I supposed to say when you have the butterflies and feel a little bit embarrased and cautious when the guy/girl walks past?

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #649 on: 17 Feb 2009, 03:33 »

Tonight I used curry leaves in a dish and now my fingers smell like curry leaves and now I can't stop sniffing my fingers.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 90   Go Up