THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748249 times)

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #650 on: 17 Feb 2009, 03:35 »

How was the dish last night?
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #651 on: 17 Feb 2009, 03:36 »

What dish?

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #652 on: 17 Feb 2009, 03:56 »

One word sums up most of how I am feeling right now. "Sigh."

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #653 on: 17 Feb 2009, 04:23 »

Oh Neil Patrick Harris,

(my roomie just received the Dr. Horrible DVD in the mail)
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #654 on: 17 Feb 2009, 04:35 »

It is officially 6:33 am, and I am just now laying my ass in bed. I am going to finish putting these rubber bands on this rubber band ball, and I am going to actually go to bed. Here's hoping my roommate actually comes home today. I will be elated if he does.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #655 on: 17 Feb 2009, 04:38 »

Oh Neil Patrick Harris,

THIS. He's pretty much my biggest celebrity crush ever (post-boyband-period of my life). His explanation as to why he wouldn't want flying as his super hero skill cracks me up.

(Have you found the easter eggs?)

(<3)
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 04:45 by Ladybug »

Josefbugman

« Reply #656 on: 17 Feb 2009, 05:49 »

The dish you used the curry leaves in. You mentioned that you used it and that you now can't stop licking your fingers, I was wondering if that meant it was super delicious.

I really need to see Dr. Horrible, it sounds like a good series.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #657 on: 17 Feb 2009, 06:23 »

It is pretty amazing. I don't even want to know how many times I've seen it, but I'm pretty sure it's over 50.

Note to self: Check when the police station closes before spending 30minutes each way to get there to get a new passport. And $20 for six copies of a passport photo is fucking expensive, if you ask me.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #658 on: 17 Feb 2009, 06:32 »

True, but from what you've told me, isn't everything in Norway wicked expensive?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #659 on: 17 Feb 2009, 06:39 »

I guess, but there is expensive compared to other countries, and then there is expensive compared to the rest of this country. The last time I took passport photos, it was about $14, six years ago, now it was $23. I may not even need a new passport, but was recommended to get one just in case, because my old one is handwritten and, well, old. I hate spending money that might be unnecessary on non-exciting things.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #660 on: 17 Feb 2009, 07:20 »

This is the best part of still being in school so I get like a punch of those photos a year for almost nutting. 150+ kr for walking into a store and have the guy take one shot and print it is too expensive by far. But since you are studying, the state is throwing money at you, I don't really feel sorry for you.

Isn't there any photo boots around town, though? they are usually only 20 kr, and the photos isn't that bad. Maybe too bad for passport, though.

I think I remember walking into the police station in Bodø to get a new passport, and they took the photo there. Maybe it's a small town thing?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #661 on: 17 Feb 2009, 07:28 »

The state is not throwing money at me. It is lending me money that I will have to pay back with interest, and it's not enough to live off of without a summer job (which means very limited vacation), unless I manage to find another place to live that is super cheap (kinda impossible) and live very simple. I get 85700NOK over 10 months, and after subtracting rent for 12 months, that is 43400NOK, which is 3600 per month. This has to cover food, books (which are expeeensive), necessary clothes, a bus card, phone bill and all other living expenses, plus things like dental care and stuff. Sure, throwing money at me.

I'm pretty sure photo booths stopped costing 20kr years ago. The last time I used one, it cost 60, and my face ended up smaller than it needs to be according to the police's website, but I have no idea if that's common or not. I don't really know of any photo booths here anyways.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 07:33 by Ladybug »

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #662 on: 17 Feb 2009, 07:59 »

Fog Shreds:

The girl I am into really digs my haircut. Awesome.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #663 on: 17 Feb 2009, 09:08 »

Oh ruddy, bloody hell what am I supposed to say when you have the butterflies and feel a little bit embarrased and cautious when the guy/girl walks past?

I believe this is called being "twitterpated"!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #664 on: 17 Feb 2009, 09:20 »

Josefbugman

« Reply #665 on: 17 Feb 2009, 09:32 »

I will be using that word from now on.

I was thinking of "queeqejecimal" so I have an extra high score in scrable, but your word sounds more believable.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #666 on: 17 Feb 2009, 09:34 »

Hey Nick, you might have seen this already but Peter Garrett's got your back.

(also check out that pun)
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 09:37 by McTaggart »
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #667 on: 17 Feb 2009, 14:11 »

I am superbusy this week! It's half term so I planned a lot of stuff to keep myself amused, meaning I ended up working all weekend and then went to Go Ape with my foster family yesterday which was kind of terrifying and brilliant at the same time. Today I was in college painting scenery for the am dram production of Hansel and Gretel (which I'm also doing the lighting for) with three people I don't usually spend much time with. It was great, we're going again on Thursday to finish off which will be fun :-)

And this morning I went shopping for the food for my dinner party tomorrow, which I spent the evening preparing for. I still have to clean my room, do the bits of cooking that can't be done in advance, polish the silverware and change the tablecloths from the farmyard scene wax covered ones to posh white linen. I'm so excited!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #668 on: 17 Feb 2009, 14:26 »

So, uh....my friend is shaving his head for cancer. He asked me to post this as many places as possible, so  I am posting it here. Donate maybe please?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #669 on: 17 Feb 2009, 15:13 »

The dish you used the curry leaves in. You mentioned that you used it and that you now can't stop licking your fingers, I was wondering if that meant it was super delicious.

Oh. That dish was tonight, not last night. Well it was last night now because now it's the next morning, but it wasn't the last night that you meant. See?

(It was delicious.)

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #670 on: 17 Feb 2009, 16:03 »

Ooh, Saint Baldrick's. I did that last year, will probably do it again this year. You people should do it.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #671 on: 17 Feb 2009, 17:32 »

Hey Nick, you might have seen this already but Peter Garrett's got your back.

(also check out that pun)

Oh thanks. I hadn't seen that one... the story has been picked up a few places now. Nice to see Garrets going to maybe do something!
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 18:40 by ViolentDove »
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #672 on: 17 Feb 2009, 17:44 »

Ooh, Saint Baldrick's. I did that last year, will probably do it again this year. You people should do it.

I keep thinking I might do it. I'd have no problem shaving my head. I'm just worried about getting the money.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #673 on: 17 Feb 2009, 22:46 »

Apparently dubstep is the new electro-house.

Also I am back at my old work listening to industrial techno and drinking my homebrew, 'cause I gave my workmate a few bottles for his birthday, and he's all yeah let's drink and work and listen to tunes at the same time. Woo, science.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 22:48 by ViolentDove »
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #674 on: 17 Feb 2009, 22:51 »

I guess they need to cut back on hours at my work. So, they decided to give me 3 days off this week, normally I'd be like "cool! an extra day off." But instead I'm like "hey you fucking dumbasses, how about you tell the rest of your employees to cut back on getting here 20 minutes early and leaving at least 20 minutes late so they stop getting overtime?"

I am going to be telling them that I need 5 days a week, that is why I got this job, because I have to pay my bills.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #675 on: 18 Feb 2009, 00:10 »

I am now a legitimate Reason user. Look at me, all respectable like.

This time next week I shall be putting a DONK on it so hard.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #676 on: 18 Feb 2009, 00:38 »

Apparently dubstep is the new electro-house.

Does this mean I'm underground again?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #677 on: 18 Feb 2009, 00:43 »

Benga's pretty good guys.

For serious.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #678 on: 18 Feb 2009, 01:35 »

urrrgh.. must.. resist... urge... to post... Vengaboys clip.....

hrrrng

Josefbugman

« Reply #679 on: 18 Feb 2009, 01:41 »

do it, go on, it won't hurt, you even post it on another account, go on... do it

Also, today I started one of my 3 essays, I am now 400 words in to something that has to be in in one month, thank God for lazy weeks.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #680 on: 18 Feb 2009, 02:24 »

Benga's pretty good guys.

For serious.

I know!

To clarify, I was quoting a friend of mine who was commenting on the recent rise in popularity of dubstep.

I'm not sure I agree with him, though... I was at this festival on the weekend, and a dude dropped a few dubstep tracks in the middle of a breaks set and everyone just looked a bit confused.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #681 on: 18 Feb 2009, 04:09 »

Bear Dlog Thread.

Today I went to the law student orientation day at my uni because I'm a bum and I knew there'd be free food. Law students start before everyone else so it was a pretty small affair but meh. Some of the guys in my classes were there volunteering and helping the new victi... students around the uni when they got lost and/or needed to go to the bathroom. Also my lecturers are really friendly and so I chatted to them for a bit, mostly shop but meh. I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my better friends from highscool who I never see anymore because we were in different years is starting the course so we may actually see eachother. The uni year looks good already except for the actual work I'll have to do.
Anyway, there was free icecream and soft drinks and that, and Nando's had set up a stall and were handing out free chicken, along with bottles of sauce and vouchers.

And this:

Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #682 on: 18 Feb 2009, 04:15 »

Is it piri-piri flavoured?

Please say yes.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #683 on: 18 Feb 2009, 05:10 »

Maybe send a text message saying something along the lines of that you don't want to impose, but that you're there if (s)he wants to talk or something?

I suck at this kind of thing, but I think I'd maybe do something like that.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #684 on: 18 Feb 2009, 05:12 »

This is one of the occasions that a card in the post is good; and maybe a phone call tomorrow, but not today.  Many people send flowers, but that might not be right for you.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2009, 05:14 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #685 on: 18 Feb 2009, 05:30 »

A phone call may not be a good idea: there's a strong possibility that your friend is being inundated with phone calls from concerned friends and family right now. A card as Paul suggested can also be good, but if it's a card bought from a shop it can seem a bit impersonal regardless of what you write inside, so I'd suggest taking the time to write a letter instead, even if it's just a really short one. If ever there was an occasion where you should take time to personally put something down on paper and send it to somebody this is it.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #686 on: 18 Feb 2009, 05:44 »

Yeah, making a card or writing a letter sounds like a good idea, but I think it's probably a good idea to text her/him too. It's not insensitive at all, your friend will probably be glad to know you are there for them no matter what media you use to let them know through. Also, next time you see your friend give her/him a big hug. The first day back at school after something like that is terrible, and the more people show they care the easier it will be for them (at least that's how I remember it from my friends who have lost someone close).
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2009, 05:46 by Metope »
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #687 on: 18 Feb 2009, 06:59 »

So, my friend wrote over my Fallout 3 save, which had 60 hours on it.  That's kind of bad news. 

However, I have managed to get 100's on all but one assignment in all my classes so far this semester.  This is pretty fuckin' awesome.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #688 on: 18 Feb 2009, 08:25 »

but I think it's probably a good idea to text her/him too. It's not insensitive at all, your friend will probably be glad to know you are there for them no matter what media you use to let them know through.

I totally agree with this.  My dad was just telling me how, the day after my grandmother died, my uncle in Vermont texted him.  My dad--who usually never texts--was driving upstate and getting a ton of calls, so he said it was nice to get just a little "I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.  Let me know if there's anything I can do" note without having to do the whole five-minute-phone-conversation thing.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #689 on: 18 Feb 2009, 08:39 »

I am now a legitimate Reason user. Look at me, all respectable like.

This time next week I shall be putting a DONK on it so hard.

SEARCHING FOR DONK

DONK NOT FOUND

:x

If you had been paying attention you would have learned you can only put a donk on something by getting the machine specifically designed to put a donk on "it" delivered to your house.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2009, 08:41 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #690 on: 18 Feb 2009, 09:16 »

Yeah well I only saw the fifth video.

That sort of awesome music has to be creatable through Reason. Otherwise why would I buy it?
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #691 on: 18 Feb 2009, 09:38 »

When my sister died, most of my friend's sent me texts letting me know they cared and were there for me if I needed anything. When I came back to work, everyone had signed this card. Both were really awesome and apperciated.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #692 on: 18 Feb 2009, 11:03 »

so since my internet provider screwed up somewhere, every single house on my street now has no internet or cable or phone line or any connection to the outside world basically. i don't own a cell phone. i am trying to make plans for tonight. this is pretty stupid. i walked over to a payphone just to call them and figure out what the hell was going on and the representative explained the situation and ended with "um, we don't really know when you'll have any of those things back, thank you for choosing rogers!" and i kind of wanted to strangle him through the phone. except, well i know it isn't personally his fault but basically i have had shitty service with this provider for basically ever and it is really difficult to go about daily life when you every so often, sporadically and for no apparant reason, stop having any internet or phone line for several days at a time and also you have no cell phone and i don't know why the people i have lived with keep insisting we use rogers because damnit, my sanity.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #693 on: 18 Feb 2009, 13:02 »

Today I took a homework break to make a new avatar with a webcam and paint.net

Ritz Crackers are the best, btw.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #694 on: 18 Feb 2009, 14:07 »

so since my internet provider screwed up somewhere, every single house on my street now has no internet or cable or phone line or any connection to the outside world basically. i don't own a cell phone. i am trying to make plans for tonight. this is pretty stupid. i walked over to a payphone just to call them and figure out what the hell was going on and the representative explained the situation and ended with "um, we don't really know when you'll have any of those things back, thank you for choosing rogers!" and i kind of wanted to strangle him through the phone. except, well i know it isn't personally his fault but basically i have had shitty service with this provider for basically ever and it is really difficult to go about daily life when you every so often, sporadically and for no apparant reason, stop having any internet or phone line for several days at a time and also you have no cell phone and i don't know why the people i have lived with keep insisting we use rogers because damnit, my sanity.
Young people are supposed to have cell phones you luddite

Also does Canada have a public library system similar to the States'? You could go to a library if you need the internet!
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #695 on: 18 Feb 2009, 14:15 »

i did to write that post! angry blogging, i take it very seriously.

the internet and cable and phone came back a few minutes ago anyway so i guess i should have been more patient. oh well. you still kind of suck, rogers.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #696 on: 18 Feb 2009, 17:08 »

Rogers telecom is a sack of shit. Bell isn't much better. It really kind of sucks.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #697 on: 18 Feb 2009, 17:21 »

Rogers should just change their slogan to "Hey, at least we're not Charter!"
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #698 on: 18 Feb 2009, 17:29 »

Is it piri-piri flavoured?

Late, but man, Nando's peri-peri sauce condom usage would be a tearful intercourse for both parties. 

I do love Nando's though.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #699 on: 18 Feb 2009, 18:02 »

my favourite ever "rogers is terrible" story happened last year when me and two of my current housemates lived in a different house that also constantly had shitty internet and phone service. after both were down for several days we called rogers and they send over some guy who dug a hole in the ground then stapled a bunch of wires really messily all over our roof and the front of our house and left. we still didn't have internet or phone service. we called rogers again a few days later and they sent over another guy who looked at the wires on our roof and the hole in the ground and said "what the fuck? what the fuck is this? did you do this?" and we tried to explain that it was a different rogers guy but he didn't believe us. he ripped all the wires off the roof and came inside and fixed our internet and phone but they were both still stupid and went down all the time for the rest of the year.

from this i feel i have no choice but to conclude that rogers are made up entirely of ridiculous people who never have any idea what they are doing.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 90   Go Up