THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748164 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #750 on: 21 Feb 2009, 13:17 »

Liz, they already did that to me. Stop jumping on the bandwagon, jeeze.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #751 on: 21 Feb 2009, 13:18 »

Hi, Liz ;)
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #752 on: 21 Feb 2009, 13:29 »

It's Saturday night and I'm sitting by myself in front of the computer. If I could by alcohol, I'd be an depressed alcoholic. Weee.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #753 on: 21 Feb 2009, 13:54 »

I am fairly certain I saw Tommy in a hotel earlier.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #754 on: 21 Feb 2009, 13:58 »

Our, i.e. my sister's cat just died from a combination of: several tape worms and a large renal cell carcinoma on her left kidney. We now have a new kitten called Zach.
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2009, 15:06 by Tom »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #755 on: 21 Feb 2009, 15:33 »

Liz, they already did that to me. Stop jumping on the bandwagon, jeeze.

I don't do bandwagons. They are not hip enough.

Also- I am watching Jurassic Park! I haven't seen this movie in years and it is kind of awesome!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #756 on: 21 Feb 2009, 15:53 »

You are totally on the bandwagon. I watched that movie like two weeks ago.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #757 on: 21 Feb 2009, 16:29 »

I spent time reading reviews of the Darkfall beta.

I want that game fucking NOW.

Hahahahahahaha yeah... good luck with that.

Ugh. I hate waiting for people. Especially when I have things to do. I am currently waiting on my landlord to come pick up the rent. And I need to go clean the basement so the third roommate can move in.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #758 on: 21 Feb 2009, 17:25 »

Oh. My. Gosh. Kitty 2.0 is the most adorable thing ever. I've just spent over an hour playing with him.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #759 on: 21 Feb 2009, 21:29 »

Just went to a fancy dress party, saw ballet, sat with important people, looked better than 99.9999999% of you ever hope you could look.

(made eyes at sexy older men)
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #760 on: 21 Feb 2009, 22:13 »

Oh maaaaan, I just got home from 3 amazing hours of snow tubing and it was the funnest thing ever! I think my favorite trips down were the one on my own where one of the guys spun me really really fast (I was so dizzy afterwards), the one where my friend Lauren and I went down super super fast and then crashed into the padded wall, and then all 15 of us going down together. So much fun, I really want to go back before it gets too warm.

So, first downhill snow activity ever is an A++.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #761 on: 21 Feb 2009, 23:39 »

Guys.

I think I haven a problen with alcohol. I eman. I jsut decided that I just want to sleep forever and have alcohol pumped into my body. Because this is the bestest I've felt all...year. Asides from when I was chun li in marvel vs capcm today and totally kickesd ass.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #762 on: 21 Feb 2009, 23:45 »

Blaaah being at work while sick sucks.
Blaaaaah having your coworker call in because she is sick sucks.
Blaaaaaah having a sore throat and having to talk over a shitty jazz band for the first half of your shift sucks.

Blog Thread I want to go home, take some night time cold pills and curl up in my covers. Only another 6 hours to go.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #763 on: 22 Feb 2009, 02:50 »

Just went to a fancy dress party, saw ballet, sat with important people, looked better than 99.9999999% of you ever hope you could look.

Clearly you have never seen me in tights and a wig, it is a thing of wonder.

Emaline if its any consolation I just want to die at various points in my life so I have to stop worrying about everything and everyone and can just get on with the business of being nothing, it will be a darn sight more fun than what I am up to at the moment. Also Congratulations on kicking arse with chun li.

Mr. Pants, all I can wish is good luck on staying alive through work sir.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #764 on: 22 Feb 2009, 03:22 »

2.5 hours and I get to drive home. Its a sunday morning so I won't have to worry about traffic, but I just sat down on the benchastals (not quite a bench, not quite a pedastal) and was this close |_| to falling asleep. I am even dozing off while standing up. I think I need to go walk outside real quick.

2.5 hours!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #765 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:03 »

Weekly dinner party tally: 2
Social faux pas committed in public by friend: innumberable (the worst being her shrieking "Alfie!" across a posh restaurant because I thought I'd recognised a girl at another table)
Hours spent in pub last night: 3
Drinks bought by strange men: 2

It has been an excellent week. I'm quite disappointed that I'm the only person who was taking photos last night because for once I think I looked quite nice, and I didn't get IDed in any of the pubs (shame since it's the first time I've been out with ID) so I must have looked quite grown up too. I had a bit of a giggle when two girls were trying to get served at the bar and the manager refused to serve them because they had no ID, and then served me without even asking for it. And my night was made complete when finally at after midnight the girl from work who I have a huge crush on came into the pub and I went and talked to her. I am easily pleased.

Jens, I'm so sorry about your friend. I have a friend who is paralysed from the waist down due to medical incompetence following a forty foot fall (the fall was her fault, but if the doctors had been any use she would have walked out of hospital) and I know what you mean about it being so unfair, my friend is also absolutely lovely and whilst she still lives a fairly full and active life it is completely shitty that she has to live it from a chair and keep having surgery. I heep my fingers crossed that your friend recovers and yes, just try and be there for her and don't try to second-guess how she's feeling.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #766 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:27 »

Emaline if its any consolation I just want to die at various points in my life so I have to stop worrying about everything and everyone and can just get on with the business of being nothing, it will be a darn sight more fun than what I am up to at the moment. Also Congratulations on kicking arse with chun li.

Man, I regularly wish I was dead or would die or didn't care who would find my body if I killed myself. Honestly, the only thing keeping me from it now is the fact that one of my roommates would find my dead body, and chances are it wouldn't be for awhile, so I'd be all dead and rotting, and smelly and gross.  I don't want to traumatize anyone.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #767 on: 22 Feb 2009, 11:25 »

hurray hurray i am first aid certified again and apparently it is time to celebrate with horrible illness and uncontrollable vomiting

uggh arrguuughhhh

gacckkkkkkk
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #768 on: 22 Feb 2009, 15:27 »

I haven't thrown up since Christmas 1999.

Do you think maybe I am eligible for some kind of world record?

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #769 on: 22 Feb 2009, 15:35 »

Only the boring ones.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #770 on: 22 Feb 2009, 18:25 »

I am no better than I was six months ago. Fuuuuuck I wasted six months.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #771 on: 22 Feb 2009, 19:42 »

So it's become clear to me that my mid-intensity aerobic exercise is not going to be enough to get me to lose weight. So I've decided to start lifting, and to that end I want to start on this here plan. The problem is that I don't have the equipment to do deadlifts or squats, and I don't have time for a gym membership.

I brought up the possibility of rigging up the, uh, lighter-duty dumbbell so that I could at least pretend like I'm deadlifting, and my mom told me that it was dangerous, and that "I know they're dangerous, because I broke my back deadlifting in competition against the Russians".

I did not know this about my mother :?
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Rolling20s

• Emoticontraindication
  • Panda loves you!
« Reply #772 on: 22 Feb 2009, 19:59 »

Hello blog thread!

I just finished a Lab Report for my chem class, and am finishing a glass of red wine while listening to Stephen Malkmus... probably going to play that Bug game from the Orisinal thread while doing both of those other things. After that, good night!
Stephen Malkmus has entered my life. I... I never knew...

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #773 on: 22 Feb 2009, 20:02 »

john that is the most amazing thing i have read today.

michael i initially was going to say something like "oh, you're so boring" but i'm glad i didn't because then i thought about it and remembered that i've only actually puked maybe twice from drinking and the other dozens of times were from horrible illness that made me want to die so actually i'm just kind of really jealous of you. well done on not vomiting.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #774 on: 22 Feb 2009, 20:51 »

I haven't thrown up since Christmas 1999.

Do you think maybe I am eligible for some kind of world record?

No, but I would love to have your... digestive system? I don't really know. I am just jealous because throwing up is the WORST thing, oh god it is so terrible.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #775 on: 22 Feb 2009, 22:50 »

So, today. Oh today.

I woke up late with a hangover like hell. Feeling like crap, I moved 3 dressers, 2 sofas, and one waredrobe from my basement to my front lawn, by myself. There is snow on the ground outside, btw. I then spent the next oh...10 hours or so, cleaning up the entire basement.

When all was said and done, my friend Sara brought me ice cream and we sat around and played snes.

It was a good night. And I had a lot of fun. And despite some jokes about my relationship status, and my lack of friends,  I never felt depressed like I normally do. I felt really good all night, and I.... I'm almost tempted to call one of my best friends, and tell him how great tonight was. I kinda want to climb on my roof and shout "tonight was really great! Thanks!" Is that odd?

But tonight's great fun has inspired me to have a snes party on Friday! Except, I don't think I am going to invite that many people and probably only Sara will show up. I guess the only difference is that we will have hot wings and alcohols, and maybe listen to music loudly, and maybe get high. But really that's it. And that's ok.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #776 on: 23 Feb 2009, 09:41 »

Hey bloggy.

Today we went and tried out kickboxing. It was pretty awesome. Not awesome enough to make me quite my curent sport. My curent sport is so indie that they don't even sell the protective gear anywhere, so I'm sewing my own sword glove now. Because I can sew. Since I am the embodiment of awesome, I sew.

YES.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Reed

« Reply #777 on: 23 Feb 2009, 10:11 »

So I can already feel myself slipping back into my old habits of apathy, which is really bad for a grad student. I promised myself that I would do better this semester, yet I've barely studied for the quiz that I have in less than 1 hr (I have to memorize three fermentation pathways including the structures of all of the intermediates). My research is going nowhere, and I often ask myself why I even bother. Plus, financial aid is being a bunch of stupid whores and not giving me my loans, so in 7 days I'll be late on rent, among a couple other bills.

Sometimes I wonder why I even came to grad school.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #778 on: 23 Feb 2009, 10:40 »

for the last several days my cat has been coming into my room at night and partying all over my face and running up and down my bed. i could not figure out what had her so hyped up (usually she comes into my room at night to sleep quietly) until this morning, when i realized there was a piece of catnip from a broken cat toy hidden in the folds of my bed. problem solved.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #779 on: 23 Feb 2009, 15:02 »

Dear blog thread, I have a question.

Background:  My neighbor has been listening to the same song, exclusively, for three days now.  I have attempted to contact this person, but when I knock on the door, they just turn it down.  Turning it down does not help because I can still fucking hear it.  The same thing.  Over and over and over.  I can wear headphones, and I usually do, but I shouldn't have to wear them the entire time I'm home just to avoid going insane.

What would you do in this situation?  Suck it up and keep banging the ceiling with my broom like a crotchety old person?  Talk to my building manager?  Attempt to contact them using the lobby intercom?  Pick something likely to annoy them like Justice or black metal, set it to repeat and leave, hoping they get the hint at the expense of my other neighbors?  If they just liked music it would be okay, but it's the SAME DAMN SONG.

At least it's not "Bridge Over Troubled Water" this time.  Every time it built to a peak at the end I would pray for it to stop.  It never did.

Josefbugman

« Reply #780 on: 23 Feb 2009, 15:17 »

what is the song they are listening to?

Also who listens to a song for three days? I would go mad from listening to my fav song for 3 days. Personally I would contact the landlord and also try and get into contact with the other person again, if they refuse to respond, get the landlord.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #781 on: 23 Feb 2009, 15:24 »

I would get over it.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #782 on: 23 Feb 2009, 15:31 »

If the guy's not responding to reasonable requests to knock it the fuck off and wear some headphones, might as well be passive aggressive about it. Play louder music, or leave burning poo outside his door, or something. He doesn't own the fucking building, does he?

Be careful if you're going to bring building management into it. You could be labeled a narc and disallowed from sitting at the Cool Kids' Table. Also you won't be invited to any keggers that guy hosts. I do hope you can live with those consequences.

One other possibility, one I know from experience, is that this guy could be functionally retarded. I worked with a guy who had Reye's Syndrome as a high schooler and he would just fuckin' blast the same Garth Brooks song, every morning at 6 AM, until 10 AM or so. So make sure this guy can help it before you start getting up in his shit.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #783 on: 23 Feb 2009, 15:38 »

Dear Blog Thread

Just got a D on my Ethics midterm. That was the class I was most confident about. The TA was really cool about it though, said he wants to set up a meeting because he recognized my name from in class and was really surprised that I got that score.

On the Next Episode of My Life, I go to my Math discussion section to get my math midterm back. If philosophy was my best subject, can't wait to see how I did at Calculus  :oops:
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #784 on: 23 Feb 2009, 19:38 »

So I have two computers and they both have DVD drives and NONE OF THEM BURN DISCS

I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY
it's time to stop posting

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #785 on: 23 Feb 2009, 19:44 »

Just got a D on my Ethics midterm. That was the class I was most confident about.

This is every student's worst nightmare.  Chin up, if you are in good enough standing so that the TA recognizes you, you can always work something out.  Best of luck!

Today I had an interview for an internship in which I was forced to describe my time in the work force and my relatively short resume with the phrase 'lily white hands.'  I'll still apply because I'm a trooper, but it looks like I will not get the job and continue having relatively low paying mindless jobs. 

sean

• welp
« Reply #786 on: 23 Feb 2009, 20:13 »

apparently my band is playing a show tomorrow at my schools library during lunch. and we might record it.

i think this is pretty rad.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #787 on: 23 Feb 2009, 20:32 »

it looks like I will not get the job and continue having relatively low paying mindless jobs. 

That might not be true at all! And if it is, apply for more! At least five more. And go to your school's career center for help honing your resume and interviewing skills. I got my internship this past summer not because I was the most qualified but because she could tell I was the most passionate.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #788 on: 23 Feb 2009, 20:38 »

So I slept with my best friend again last night except this time I was sober and kissed her goodbye in the morning and I'm pretty sure this is just either some kind of payback at another dude or some kind of attempt to set up a platonic booty-call situation but I don't actually care that much to be honest.

Ah the roller coaster of love/hella fuckin', it's been a while.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #789 on: 24 Feb 2009, 01:31 »

ask your friend what it means.  It should be an interesting conversation  :evil:
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
Hat and Bonking Your Best Friend.
« Reply #790 on: 24 Feb 2009, 01:49 »

RE: Hat and bonking your best friend.

I'm in a similar boat.
The easiest thing to do is PUT A BANGIN' DONK ON IT.

No, srsly, my ex and I broke up in November and between then and now one of my good friends flip-flopped in and out of relationships before realizing that the raw sexual energy that is her cannot be contained in a monogamous relationship. Especially because the boyfriends in question turned out to be semi-functioning stoners with massive confidence and "motivation to get shit done" issues.
So we meet maybe once a week and we screw. It's not perfect but it works.
The last time I had a "setup" like this it blew up in people's faces. I hope that I have come a long way since then and am pretty certain that she can handle it so it's not very awkward.

The coolest thing is that when either of us gets laid elsewhere, there is no awkward silence or hidden resentment. There is a high-five.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #791 on: 24 Feb 2009, 01:59 »

I have had the most incredible week.

Irish rap followed by the most debauched after party on Tuesday; a Ceilidh with an every drink £1 deal on Wednesday;  a massive flat warming on Saturday and finally my friend's album launch and post gig disco fun, not to mention £1 drinks, on Sunday after which I fell asleep wrapped round an Irish lady on said friends bed with said friend and another friend.

Success!

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
Re: Hat and Bonking Your Best Friend.
« Reply #792 on: 24 Feb 2009, 03:02 »

The coolest thing is that when either of us gets laid elsewhere, there is no awkward silence or hidden resentment. There is a high-five.

I am pretty much looking forward to this moment because it will probably happen mid coitus.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #793 on: 24 Feb 2009, 07:58 »

I was 4 minutes late to my monday night class. I was kicked out. Now I have to try and get back in.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #794 on: 24 Feb 2009, 08:15 »

Dear Blog Thread,

My car's transmission is shot. Most likely I will have to get it looked at by a mechanic.

Now's the time to finally get my bike fixed...

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #795 on: 24 Feb 2009, 10:54 »

So I just picked up my letter of nomination from the Study Abroad office on campus. Thusly I've been selected for study abroad but I'm still not in yet- the host university (being either Glasgow or Edinburgh) still has to actually accept me. I don't know when that's going to happen, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #796 on: 24 Feb 2009, 11:46 »

I have Dawn of War 2.

I would like to give you guys an unbiased and well-considered summary of my impressions from playing it last night, but it would just boil down to my inner Space Marine posting things like "HERESY GROWS FROM IDLENESS."

God, I fucking love Warhammer.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Josefbugman

« Reply #797 on: 24 Feb 2009, 11:50 »

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment .

I think I can blame most of my early childhood on the fact that instead of going "urgh thats horrible" about what the imperium did, I went "Burn more heretics!". Everyone loves warhammer.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #798 on: 24 Feb 2009, 12:45 »

I have Dawn of War 2.

I would like to give you guys an unbiased and well-considered summary of my impressions from playing it last night, but it would just boil down to my inner Space Marine posting things like "HERESY GROWS FROM IDLENESS."

God, I fucking love Warhammer.

Jarid...is that you?

All he has been doing lately is playing this game. Today we were talking about owning a store, and somehow he brought up space marines. All I can here right now is booming coming from his room.

Editied for blogginess:

One of my nipple piercings is infected, I think. It's hella itchy. This makes me sad for a number of reasons. And its frustrating. And god damn it. It better heal back up.

I got $900 today, and I am going to go buy some gardening supplies and some books, and I'm gonna start my garden today!
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2009, 12:54 by Emaline »

sean

• welp
« Reply #799 on: 24 Feb 2009, 16:20 »

so my band's set got pretty fucked over due to amp trouble and getting cut short in the middle of a song.

i am not pleased.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 90   Go Up