THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 06:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 758404 times)

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #800 on: 24 Feb 2009, 20:16 »

I'm sorry, that sucks a lot.  It's been a long time since I performed any music, but I can definitely remember the agony that is equipment problems.

Be careful if you're going to bring building management into it. You could be labeled a narc and disallowed from sitting at the Cool Kids' Table. Also you won't be invited to any keggers that guy hosts. I do hope you can live with those consequences.

One other possibility, one I know from experience, is that this guy could be functionally retarded. I worked with a guy who had Reye's Syndrome as a high schooler and he would just fuckin' blast the same Garth Brooks song, every morning at 6 AM, until 10 AM or so. So make sure this guy can help it before you start getting up in his shit.

I have actually wondered if they are perhaps a little slow, which is one reason I've tried to be less than a giant bitch about it.  It's a pretty quiet, antisocial building with an average age of about sixty, so being the "narc" wouldn't affect my social life at all.

I will probably talk to the manager when she gets back from vacation. 

Also, it looks like I'm going to visit my best friend in Egypt in three weeks.  I'm a little nervous as I've never traveled alone, and I'm going to be flat broke if not in debt at the end, but I think it will be worth it.

« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2009, 20:19 by Darkbluerabbit »

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #801 on: 24 Feb 2009, 20:45 »

I have Dawn of War 2.

I bought this too, it took nine hours to install because it didn't say anywhere that the installer was going to be trying to download things. Then it went and installed steam, which took four hours to update and  then the game had to patch itself. This download was going at roughly 6kb/s and it wasn't telling me at all how much it was going to download or how long it would take. After leaving it overnight and it only hitting 2% I just uninstalled the whole thing and I'm back to not using steam for another three years because fuck that shit. I don't get why games all seem to try and screw me over. Every game I buy just pisses me off with crappy drm, limited installs and then if I actually get around to playing it just straight up not being fun. What happened to the days of buying something that just ran straight out of the box?

Also, my project for this year has fallen through, now either I can try to find a new one for to start this semester (this semester's already started) or find another unit to do in it's place and start one next semester. I would absolutely love university if it wasn't for actually having to deal with the university.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #802 on: 24 Feb 2009, 22:46 »

I bought assassin's creed on steam, since i had a new computer with better internals. And while it was downloading, I was like "fuck yeah, I loved when I played this game at my friend's place. This is gonna be great!" Then I go to load up the game, and steam uses so enough RAM that I don't have the required left for the game to run. Thanks steam, I just wasted $30 until I can spend at least another $50 to buy more RAM.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #803 on: 25 Feb 2009, 00:19 »

When I was getting my student union card thingummy one of the student union peeps was all like "I helped you enrol" or something like that and I was sort of "...I don't think so?" To cut a long story short she thought I looked familiar from somewhere and I think I was a bit rude. I tend to get all deer-in-a-headlightsy when someone apparently recognises me and I don't recognise them. My brain goes into "Shit guys, devote all power to the memory room!" and the social skills part of my brain goes darker than the Hordern Pavilion during NIN's set last night and I'm all "Urh, wha?". It's still vaguely bugging me.

That was a good night. Very, very fun. Even despite the power outage. You'd have thought that the tech staff would've been ready for such a massive power situation considering NIN have eleventy billion lights and bits of electronic equipment, but obviously not.
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

ackblom12

« Reply #804 on: 25 Feb 2009, 00:22 »

Steam is taking up too much RAM to run a game? Steam typically takes up anywhere from 20 to 25 megs of RAM on my machine. If that's honestly enough to keep you from playing the game, you might have wanted to get an upgrade anyways. Assassin's Creed wasn't exactly known to be well optimized on PC.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #805 on: 25 Feb 2009, 00:39 »

Well, I blame steam but that's just because I don't like steam. Its really a combo of the computer having 2 gigs of ram, but having around 500mb devoted to other processes before the game. and the game wants like 1728mb.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #806 on: 25 Feb 2009, 00:48 »

Can you run steam games without internet connection? If you can, then it would be easy to get the required ram: run msconfig, and don't run system.ini, win.ini and all none-Microsoft services. That'll free you all the RAM you need. You won't have virus protection, though, so unplugging the webs would be a good idea. But if you can't run steam games without internet, it's a risky method.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #807 on: 25 Feb 2009, 00:59 »

Nope, no internet, no steam.

(which sucked when I wanted to play Counter Strike with just bots, before I could afford internet in my apartment)

snalin

• You may Baste me
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #809 on: 25 Feb 2009, 02:57 »

Dear Blead,

I am extremely exhausted from tonights workout.  I'm tired of throwing 2 days exercises into one day's workout because my friend has to travel out of town.  On the bright side my Gym has no lack of attractive ladies workout out so the 2 hours in there surely isn't wasted on sweat and tears alone.

edit: lol.. GG me.
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2009, 07:36 by Masterbainter »
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #810 on: 25 Feb 2009, 04:40 »

I am extremely from tonights workout. 

:?

öde

« Reply #811 on: 25 Feb 2009, 05:12 »

I masturbate in the locker room.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #812 on: 25 Feb 2009, 07:20 »

Theatre-type people make me hate theatre. I can't go into the Drama program at my school because I seriously hate theatre-types. They think too highly of themselves. No one is friendly. No one thinks that it's cool that I'm going to see the Sound of Music tonight at the Royal Alex. Fuck those guys, man. I'm going to see the goddamn Sound of Music and that is totally cool.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #813 on: 25 Feb 2009, 07:36 »

Sound of music isn't bad, but I know a lot of drama people who would think differently. Its also why I studiously avoid going to as many of the "theatre group" events that I am nominally part of, because they are unfriendly, unappealing and arseholish for no better reason than what they think they know.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #814 on: 25 Feb 2009, 07:37 »

I masturbate in the locker room.

It was one time, and I was in college and needed the money.  Jk...

I didn't need the money.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

benji

« Reply #815 on: 25 Feb 2009, 07:48 »

Really? I grew up in the theater and was involved with theater up until college. There were always one or two prima donnas around, but most people were friendly. Eccentric maybe, but friendly.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

mooface

« Reply #816 on: 25 Feb 2009, 08:04 »

i was going to say "hey i was a theatre geek too! - "  but then i realized i am kind of a bitch and pretty full of myself, and all my theatre friends are snobs too so i guess i am not a good example.

(we are not snobs about musicals though.  i would totally go see sound of music with you!)

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #817 on: 25 Feb 2009, 15:24 »

I went to a pretty great concert today, with Magnet in the Nidaros Cathedral. His voice is pretty great, and while I'm not a huge fan, I've like what I've heard before and I really liked this concert. It was kiind of awkward at times, because it was in a church, and people were all quiet and reverent, and he found it sort of nice, but also a little bit stressful, which is understandable. And it was pretty fun/cute/awkward when he couldn't remember any songs to do for the encore, and when people requested Gospel Song, he started playing for a bit, and after like a minute of intro-stuff, he went "How do the lyrics start, please? I can't remember!". And then he wanted to leave before it was even more embarrassing, but he ended up finishing in style, I guess.

Also, in the Wikipedia article I linked earlier about the church, you can see the west front of the church. Tonight they were projecting pieces of art onto it, and it was pretty awesome. This article has a bunch of pictures, worth checking out. I took a few with my cellphone, this, this, this, this (the people holding the scissors garnered applause), this and this. I was a little impressed with how well the night-function worked when I couldn't use flash because of stupid fog/rain.
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2009, 15:25 by Ladybug »

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #818 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:15 »

Oh man, today was such a good day.

After school I stopped at my coffee shop/ art gallery and talked to my friend Nick about becoming an apprentice (he had mentioned it a couple of times before) and he showed me around the building and told me what he wanted to do with the place (he has the rent for his studio reduced by helping maintain the building). So I am now officially an artist's apprentice! I start on Friday and I'm really excited. This will be my first job, and I cannot imagine a job more awesome than this. Nick basically said that whatever I wanted to learn about would be what we did for the day, so on top of maintenance and other practical skills I'd be learning painting and carving techniques (we might carve a chessboard out of soapstone).
On top of that--everyone there plays chess and they're all smart, interesting people. I feel so much more at home there and even learn quite a bit more than I do in high school.

tldr; I have the best first job ever.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #819 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:55 »

Some theatre kids are asses. Some are nice. Some come off as assholes, but don't mean it. Some are hard to read. Last time I checked, they were are humans, and were all different.

Sorry. I am grouchy, and that's probably mean. And I'm sorry.

Dear Life,

Remember when we made that deal that you'd become moderately ok? Remember? You had the right idea for awhile. You gave me that money, you scored me a date, you got my aunt to buy me some food. That is what I want you to do. Those are steps in the right direction.

But it seems, for every step in the right direction you take, you take 30 steps back. Things that were not great plans:

1) the roommate maybe going to prison for 3 years, and me having to testify for him thing. That is not great. That is not good at all. I don't want to testify. I don't want him to go to prison. This is not a good plan. But even if he doesn't go to prison, you've got him so upset that he is going to move far far away now. Work on this, life. Work on it.

2) Yesterday, some strange dude followed my kids home from school. We called the police and they didn't do shit. Life, this is not a good thing. This is not what needs to happen. Stop doing shit like this now. No one at all needs to follow my kids home from school. Never. This does not need to happen. And the cops need to do their god damn motherfucking job. Its such fucking bullshit. This guy needs to have someone remove his fingernails completely and then feed them to him. Forcefully.

3) life, the other day my cousin who I haven't seen or heard from(nor have any of my family members) since he was 5 contacted my aunt, who I am close to. He got kicked out of his house, and had been living on the street for a month. He is now living with a friend's mother. He is 16. Life, there are so many reasons why all of this is bad. Why did you think this was a good step to take? Don't do things like this. It is just dumb.

In synopsis, Life, you need to make the things that make me smile outweigh the things that make me cry. I'm tired of crying. I am tired in general. My whole body aches. I'd really rather my life be over than continue in this direction. Got that, Life? Stop fucking sucking so terribly bad. Just stop. Just fucking stop. Please.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #820 on: 26 Feb 2009, 22:53 »

MY YKEYBOAR/D IES MALFUNCTIONING

Oykay eso do you want to yknow a esecret, i espilled juice on my ykeyboar/d ear/liert. But it waesn't the whole thingt. Anyway firest the espacebar/ estopped woryking--it would juest estay down and eventually not funct.lion at all, and i am uesing ctrl+v to mayke these es'paces, and now it'es adding r/andom char/acterse to especific ykeyestroykest. i'm eso fucyking perplexed and angry!+ why would it do thies!+ ESTOOOOOOOPPPPPP
it's time to stop posting

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #821 on: 26 Feb 2009, 22:54 »

Oh my god that ies not even readable i'm esorryyyyyy
it's time to stop posting

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #822 on: 26 Feb 2009, 23:00 »

ESTOOOOOOOPPPPPP

I can just hear this yelled in a heavy Spanish accent and it makes it way more funny.

I am sorry about your keyboard.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #823 on: 26 Feb 2009, 23:58 »

I've spilled shit on my keyboard several times.  The first thing I do is power down my computer.  If you do not have a laptop, this might not be necessary.  Then I turn the keyboard upside down over a towel so the towel can sop up some liquid. 

Since your keyboard seems to have somewhat survived the initial drowning, you might just need to clean it up.  Once juice starts to gum up and get sticky, typing can become more difficult.  You'll want to very gently clean with a damp cloth.  If you can remove the keys, do so.  This way you can really get the sugar gunk out.  However, make sure you know where they should go when you put them back.  In these situations, I sketch a diagram of my keyboard just to be safe.  It's hard to say if the keyboard is truly damaged or just gummed up, but it's worth a shot to clean it out.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #824 on: 27 Feb 2009, 00:22 »

MY YKEYBOAR/D IES MALFUNCTIONING

Oykay eso do you want to yknow a esecret, i espilled juice on my ykeyboar/d ear/liert. But it waesn't the whole thingt. Anyway firest the espacebar/ estopped woryking--it would juest estay down and eventually not funct.lion at all, and i am uesing ctrl+v to mayke these es'paces, and now it'es adding r/andom char/acterse to especific ykeyestroykest. i'm eso fucyking perplexed and angry!+ why would it do thies!+ ESTOOOOOOOPPPPPP

I too am sorry and suggest you take the above advice but holy crap this post made me laugh.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #825 on: 27 Feb 2009, 05:12 »

ESTOOOOOOOPPPPPP

I can just hear this yelled in a heavy Spanish accent and it makes it way more funny.

I am sorry about your keyboard.

Oh fuck! All I can think of now is the Dugout and the comic with Albert Pujols saying "e'three home run"

Guys, I slept in half-hour increments last night. I haven't slept straight through a night in over five years, now. What the hell's wrong with me?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #826 on: 27 Feb 2009, 05:27 »

Stupid question maybe .... but have you talked to your doctor?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #827 on: 27 Feb 2009, 05:27 »

Sleep apnea?

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #828 on: 27 Feb 2009, 05:27 »

Not lately, no. I don't..have a doctor.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #829 on: 27 Feb 2009, 05:38 »

Go see a doctor was really all the advice I could come up with. Although, I'll throw in a good luck for good measure.

Good luck!
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #830 on: 27 Feb 2009, 06:42 »

Shane, how shitty is your bed?  A new mattress might be all you  need... or a better pillow, perhaps?  Drink some warm milk before bed... um, no caffeine after 5pm, get some exercise (that REALLY helps), um..... no TV right before bed.  Try to have quiet time without bright lights about an hour before you sleep.  It might help!
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #831 on: 27 Feb 2009, 07:27 »

A) I've got a hold on one of those fancypants memory foam mattresses that's apparently a long-overdue xmas gift from my parents. My current mattress..there's pretty much duct tape and flattened pillows under the sheets keeping the springs from stabbing me.

B) I can't do quiet time. I cannot fall asleep without a little noise or some music.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #832 on: 27 Feb 2009, 08:21 »

So this week was essentially The Worst Week Ever:

* Car is dead and the transmission might be shot
    * All of the mono channels on my Tascam 424 are routinely fucking up and my larger, more cumbersome Kustom VIII mixer accompanies whatever it records with electronic noise
    * I boned two of my midterms in Macroeconomics and Econometrics
    * Two of my friends got to see Deerhunter Wednesday night. I didn't
    * Person I had a crush on in freshman year is still in my Creative Writing class and it is still Mega Awkward(c)
    * I checked my weight on Tuesday, coming out to 165 lb--officially obese

This week is Worst Song, Played On Ugliest Guitar.

I think me and my roommate are gonna try jumpstarting my car today after school, hopefully the thing with the transmission doesn't come up again.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009, 08:30 by Christophe »

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #833 on: 27 Feb 2009, 08:23 »

Oh man, you had a BC Rich week?

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
    • last.fm!
« Reply #834 on: 27 Feb 2009, 08:38 »

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #835 on: 27 Feb 2009, 08:52 »

So I had a great night at work tonight. Started out slow as shit but I was still really hyped up after last night, which was the busiest night of the year for us. So I'm bouncing around and getting down to the cheesy dance music on the nitelife system as I work and just generally being a rad dude while I work, and I wound up pulling in more tips than all the bar girls combined, which is pretty amazing considering usually I wind up with the least tips at the end of a night. And to top it all off, the cute girl I'm interested in that I figured I'd blown my chances with by being a bit of an awkward dork, came in and was flirting with me all night and now we're just shooting little flirty text messages at each other a few hours later.

Of course there has to be a price to be paid for all this and that is when I got home I banged my arm on some shit really hard while feeling for a light switch in the dark, and my belt buckle fell in the toilet just as I had finished pissing in it but thats ok, because it's ok.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
    • last.fm!
« Reply #836 on: 27 Feb 2009, 09:09 »

By the way guys, are there possible problems with jumpstarting a car that might have transmission problems?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #837 on: 27 Feb 2009, 09:38 »

Oh my god I am still so in with this girl I need someone to come around to my house and give me a high-five right now
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #838 on: 27 Feb 2009, 10:07 »

Only if she's got a friend.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #839 on: 27 Feb 2009, 10:56 »

By the way guys, are there possible problems with jumpstarting a car that might have transmission problems?

Nope! Your transmission has extremely little to do with your electrics.

It's come to my attention that the way I write is pretty bad. I need to use fewer parentheses and make sentences more coherent and sort out my thoughts and then write from the start to the end instead of starting with a general seed of what I want to say and growing it out from there. Every sentence I write seems to have a little comment that's just as long as the sentence itself afterwards.

I tend to put justifications and examples and little tangents in parentheses after the thing that makes me think of them or need them (I was very tempted to put that in parentheses after the word "parentheses" in the second sentence of that last paragraph). I think it reads better if you have them nested and indented so rough picture of what I'm thinking and how each sentence relates to each is clearer (my train of thought looks like the London Underground).

Man I hope parentheses is the correct plural because I have written it a whole lot just there.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
    • last.fm!
« Reply #840 on: 27 Feb 2009, 11:35 »

Well, we tried jumpstarting the car. NOTHING.

This week is blossoming into a wonderful Fuck You Friday.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #841 on: 27 Feb 2009, 14:14 »

Wooooooo irresponsiblity!!!!! Woooooooooo!!!!!!
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #842 on: 27 Feb 2009, 14:34 »

Do you know what's really annoying?

Mosquitos.

You know what's weird. I'm at my friend's place. And they don't bite him...

Maybe it's cuz I'm black.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #843 on: 27 Feb 2009, 14:40 »

My face is exploding.

Also, I am allergic to mosquitos but they're attracted to me, I think it has to do with scents and stuff, they attack me like starving maniacs but leave my sister alone.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #844 on: 27 Feb 2009, 15:00 »

Sweet I love red velvet cakes.

I wonder which of my friends is going to make it...

Last night I was Andrew Birded. It was pretty great. I haven't been listening to Noble Beast very much but my best lesbians are very into him and I figure I'd treat them to the show. Usually I don't get very into shows at which I'm not familiar with the songs (he played a total of 2 songs I have an even passing knowledge of) but the whole looping setup he had was pretty impressive, and he's an ace violinist.

Apparently he ate breakfast in Denver yesterday morning and had a note passed to him asking him to play "MX Missiles". So he did. Somebody from that concert is gonna be on cloud 9 for a couple of weeks.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #845 on: 27 Feb 2009, 16:02 »

i made bread today! i made this recipe from james' blog. it rocks. it's the best. it's so delicious. i think everyone should always listen to everything james says because he knows everything about everything.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #846 on: 27 Feb 2009, 17:08 »

Yes, yes he does.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #847 on: 27 Feb 2009, 17:13 »

I am baking vegan banana-peanut butter bread for a potluck tonight. One of our friends is out of the country for this term, so we are having a potluck where the theme is "things that would kill Robt". He has a lot of allergies.
The batter was delicious. I hope they bake well.

Also I have a better version of that recipe in my zine!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #848 on: 27 Feb 2009, 17:49 »

send plz

(i am sorry i lost your zine)

(but i lost it while buying stuff to make the oatmeal cookie recipe in it which btw turned out really good too)

(if you send me another copy i promise i will treasure it forever)
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #849 on: 27 Feb 2009, 18:28 »

Man, I just spent the last couple hours rushing to file my state and federal income taxes, complete and submit my FAFSA, and try to find out how to get my school to verify my GPA before Monday, because it's the application deadline for CalGrants, only to realize that CalGrants aren't available for graduate students anyways.  No wonder I couldn't remember having struggled with all this GPA verification stuff last year.

So they were a productive couple of hours.  But they probably would have been better spent doing things that are actually due on Monday, rather than things that are due in a couple of months.

Oh well.  At least I should be getting a $209 refund (coincidentally, just about the price of an asthma medication I had to purchase recently that my stupid reimbursement medical insurance hasn't reimbursed me for yet).  Plus, I should know soon whether California will continue to pay me to go to school--or if I'll have to get a job stocking shelves at Albertson's at night.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 90   Go Up