THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748552 times)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #850 on: 27 Feb 2009, 18:34 »

James, send me your zine too plz!!!!

Also, today, I went through one of the most intense experiences I have ever had. Moar in the tattoo thread.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #851 on: 27 Feb 2009, 18:43 »

I just went to the Melbourne Slow Food Farmer's Market! It's only on once a month and I only discovered it a few weeks ago, so today was my first time. I had such a nice morning: the easiest way to get there from my place is to ride along the Merri Creek Trail, which is a bike path that rambles along a creek through the inner north of Melbourne. You're riding through trees and past suburban train stations and behind old houses for about twenty minutes with a big creek on one side all the time all full of ducks and little birds twittering in the greenery along the edges. Then at the end of it in the grounds of an old convent there's this amazing market with all this incredible fresh produce and sausages made from the meat of rare-breed pigs and cheese from small-scale producers and all the other sorts of awesome things you'd expect to find at a slow food market. I got just about everything I need for dinner tonight right there, and a bunch more stuff besides. Then I rode back home. Awesome morning!

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #852 on: 27 Feb 2009, 19:19 »

I keep finding guitar picks on the ground.

It's a sign.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #853 on: 28 Feb 2009, 00:14 »

I have a guitar pick I found on the ground.  Next I need to find a guitar...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Gilead

« Reply #854 on: 28 Feb 2009, 00:47 »

Frig frig frig frig frig, I forgot how much cutting onions hurts when I'm not wearing contacts.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #855 on: 28 Feb 2009, 06:01 »

I was just waiting in line at the cafe to order breakfast and coffee. The young woman in front of me turns around and starts talking to me.

I mean this is strange and all, but she was really cute. But she called me by my name! And I quite literally have no clue who she is or if we've met before. I know I've seen her in here, but I can't ever remember talking to her. What an interesting start to the day.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #856 on: 28 Feb 2009, 06:49 »

I keep dropping guitar picks on the ground. It's annoying.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #857 on: 28 Feb 2009, 07:27 »

Fucking old people. Ugh. I swear. Dude is carrying all those bags and a cane because he's homeless. This is not something to make lighthearted jokes about. Grrr. So much more ignorant shit that you have said that I just want to point out how fucking dumb and not funny you are.

Also, guys, I have $300 store credit at an imstrument shop. Should I buy a bass?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #858 on: 28 Feb 2009, 07:27 »

Yep.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #859 on: 28 Feb 2009, 07:31 »

Went to a concert last night.
Realized at least two good things.
You don't need people for bands.
Its easy to make new friends.

So, now we just have to have my friend Tom get a job and get a saxaphone again and he and I can get a neat little two man band going. Should be fun.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #860 on: 28 Feb 2009, 07:39 »

Emaline, there is nothing sexier than female bassists. I do not know why, but it is absolute truth.

So yes, buy a bass! The world needs more bassists.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #861 on: 28 Feb 2009, 07:40 »

Yep.

I probably will. My best friend is all "get it, emaline! That we can totally jam together!"

My comments earlier weren't directed at anyone in particular. Except the old couple riding the bus this morning. They have felt the need to loudly make fun of everyone as soon as they are out of sight. The short tempered red neck lesbian couple, the two arguing Indian girls, the homeless man. They thought it'd be cute to ride the bus. Because, as William Shatner put it, poor is cool.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #862 on: 28 Feb 2009, 08:06 »

Emaline, that's the entire point of old people.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #863 on: 28 Feb 2009, 08:40 »

Emaline, there is nothing sexier than female bassists. I do not know why, but it is absolute truth.

Absolutely:     NSFW
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #864 on: 28 Feb 2009, 11:54 »

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicksss
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #865 on: 28 Feb 2009, 11:55 »

Had the best surf ever today. Helped teach a nice girl how to surf.Now I am incredibly tired but also incredibly content. Today was good.

Get off my land

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #866 on: 28 Feb 2009, 12:15 »

The last four days I have taught sword fighting to noobs, had the best tabletop rpg event (big battles and random mutations happening to our characters),  had a fun night sewing with the guys (you are not a sissy if you sew stuff you sew 1200s military equipment) and performed a monologue, and my teacher and co-students told me that I had made a believable character when I performed it, so i looks like I'm going to get the best grades on this.

I've had some cool days, and this week I'm at one point going to have a movie night with a good friend. My life is pretty awesome, and to top it all, I have vacation this week! yay!

The downside is that I have to finish a big assignment before march 8th, and we've had a month to do it. And I've just started the research. Oh well.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #867 on: 28 Feb 2009, 13:33 »

I am decorating my study in preparation for new carpet.  This has involved about eight hours of removing stuff from shelves and piling it somewhat neatly in other parts of the house.  The piano stays (covered up) until just before the carpet layers come.  The computer also stays, but switched off and covered while I'm sanding down and raising dust.  Basically I hate decorating because of the disruption and getting oil paint on my hands - but it will be nice to get it done, and I do enjoy doing things well.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #868 on: 28 Feb 2009, 17:49 »

and I do enjoy doing things well.

This is how you can tell that paul has had children.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Gilead

« Reply #869 on: 28 Feb 2009, 18:03 »

Fuck you celticgeek my boss saw taht and now I got fired from the anti-classical art factory <|>: [.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #870 on: 28 Feb 2009, 20:38 »

Man so there is this thing called moonbounce laser tag and now I'm weezing but I had so much fun I need to go lie down now.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #871 on: 28 Feb 2009, 21:11 »

Fuck you celticgeek my boss saw taht and now I got fired from the anti-classical art factory <|>: [.

I said "not safe for work".

And screw the anti-classical art factory if that's the way they think.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #872 on: 01 Mar 2009, 00:43 »

Fuck guys deep sea creatures are so awesome.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #873 on: 01 Mar 2009, 01:09 »

For the last 6 or 7 months I've had a pretty bad cough. It's come and gone, but I've had it for awhile. I was only recently able to see a doctor about this. At first he thought it was acid reflux, so he gave me a steroid for that ailment. A week's treatment yielded no favorable results. After that an x-ray was taken, showing no abnormalities. So now I'm on an inhaler. The good news is that I've stopped coughing. The bad news is that I've started to feel a very deep and intense ache in my chest at random intervals. I don't have any labored breathing but the pain ceases when I hold my breath. So I don't know what this is. Nothing major, I wouldn't think, if the x-rays didn't catch it. But it fucking hurts.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #874 on: 01 Mar 2009, 01:15 »

Fuck that hurts.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #875 on: 01 Mar 2009, 09:55 »

I read some article about being a germophobe that's featured on MSN for some reason. Apparently it's from some women's mag called Self? All I know for sure is that reading the article was base self-indulgence, since I pretty much hold germophobes in contempt and this article really only provided me with more ammunition. Apparently a slight majority of the Self readers polled flush public toilets with their feet and others buy shit like anti-bacterial pens. Guys, I wash my hands and I practice good food prep hygiene, but that's only because that shit isn't fuckin' silly. They are being silly people! I also found out that men wash their hands less often than women yet tend to carry considerably less bacteria. Doctors think it may be due to men having higher skin acidity, but I would like to think it's because the law of unintended consequences is smiting many women for being silly and flushing toilets with their dainty feets.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #876 on: 01 Mar 2009, 10:02 »

I would say it is due to the way in which woman and men's toiletry habits differ.

You don't need me to go into detail, do you?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #877 on: 01 Mar 2009, 10:18 »

Believe it or not, that really shouldn't account for much of anything.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

öde

« Reply #878 on: 01 Mar 2009, 10:47 »

I love hard work!

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #879 on: 01 Mar 2009, 11:52 »

Today, I lost my gabbly virginity. I feel... dirty but comfortable.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #880 on: 01 Mar 2009, 11:54 »

Oh my god I just lost my king of gabbly virginity!

:-o

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #881 on: 01 Mar 2009, 12:15 »

Move so I can be greem king you little blue bastard.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #882 on: 01 Mar 2009, 13:03 »

the only boy I've actually cared about for a while is pretty much definitely only friendly, not interested. at all.

I am a lot more bummed out about this than I should be. I think "oh well" until I remember how fucking amazing he is. I guess it's time to turn that part of me off again.
radical dame

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #883 on: 01 Mar 2009, 13:08 »

Dear Blog Thread,

today I discovered that fellow Meebliers were cheating on us. With Gabbly. That really upset me.

In other, less exciting but equally ramblicious news, for the second time in as many weekends my clumsiness cum forgetfulness got in the way of my happiness.
The first story involves lost condoms and would be quite a good read if I sacked up and wrote it all down. The second one is just about a cell phone charger but you know how important that little black devil incarnate can be sometimes.

These incidents got me thinking about the money (meh) and time (more important) that I have and how I use both.
And I have decided not to run after shiny things (meh) and round bottoms (more important) anymore just because my best friend is doing it and letting me in on the details.

What it boils down to is that I will be a hobo and never have a girlfriend again.
At least until the next fundamental change of heart which can only, at this point in time, be days away. Isn't life awesome?

As Ally said, time to turn "that part" off again and wait for spring. Or summer. Whichever brings back the awesome.

But I did get to see Protest The Hero last night and I got to hang out with the band and autographs and they are all excellent albeit lecherous bearded awesome Canadian dudes. You should have sex with one of them if you can.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #884 on: 01 Mar 2009, 13:32 »

i played guitar hero with the guys from protest the hero last year.
needless to say, they completely annihilated me.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #885 on: 01 Mar 2009, 13:43 »

Guys, should I go ride my bike, smoke, or watch this movie on Lifetime called Fifteen And Pregnant? It has baby Kirsten Dunst in it, and has already proven its self to be great and cheesy, with lines like "I'm glad we're having the baby young, that way we can grow up together," and "I'm glad we're having a kid. I'm not doing anything else with my life."

sean

• welp
« Reply #886 on: 01 Mar 2009, 13:50 »

Guys, should I go ride my bike and smoke?

Yes you should.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #887 on: 01 Mar 2009, 14:12 »

But...but.. "There's a little boy inside Tina's stomach and it's coming out this summer!"

Apparently, no one else thinks that line is funny. Babies are never actually in your stomach. Unless you eat them.

Also, "maybe I am wrong for sleeping with Ray. Maybe it is a sin against god."

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #888 on: 01 Mar 2009, 18:39 »

KEYBOARD UPDATE

I bought a new keyboard. While it is not all flat and pretty like those new ones that are really awesome, it was $20 and it is relatively quiet and most importantly it has audio control buttons. I cannot live without those now, it seems. The Volume Up button was so jiggly on my last one! It was jiggly because I mashed it so often.

These new ones don't seem like they will be able to be jiggled because they are flat but you know.

Guys I am so good at blogging, I am going into detail about my computer keyboard functions

Edit: oh my god there is a calculator shortcut button
Edit 2: HOLY SHIT THERE'S AN ALT+TAB SHORTCUT KEY THINGY
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2009, 18:40 by squawk »
it's time to stop posting

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #889 on: 01 Mar 2009, 18:59 »

I think my heart's explodin'! THIS KEYBOARD!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #890 on: 01 Mar 2009, 20:37 »

Your basal nervous system wants THIS NEW KEYBOARD!
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #891 on: 01 Mar 2009, 21:27 »

Dear blog thread,

I bought a Gravity longboard deck (next stop: 180mm trucks, really nice bearings, and 76mm wheels), I finally got laid again, I got blazed like a motherfucker for like 5 days straight, I had sex while watching Lord of the Rings (during the 5 day weed binge), and discovered ways to make my girlfriend's legs quiver for hours after the sexin' is done.

Downside: my lady broke her wrist when she and I were coming home from a grocery run (fuck you, Alaska, and your ice patches, too). And I just got home to Albania yesterday, and I am missing her something terrible. But we had an awesome time together.

Love,
Me

P.S. oh my audition for Albanian Idol is today fuck yeah
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Gilead

« Reply #892 on: 01 Mar 2009, 21:32 »

Just got back from my first day of film school.

What the fuck.

Was that.

Shit.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #893 on: 01 Mar 2009, 21:50 »

Elaborate.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #894 on: 02 Mar 2009, 01:54 »

Extra buttons?  extra places for coffee to go!

Gilead

« Reply #895 on: 02 Mar 2009, 02:40 »

Elaborate.
I spent 3 fucking hours answering ninety questions, 90 questions, many of which were almost identical to each other, it was pretty much the worst thing I've ever done.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #896 on: 02 Mar 2009, 02:58 »

hey guys, I am back at home near newcastle. My dad and brother sure don't do much cleaning around here!

I realised today that I have to go through my stuff and throw out all the things that I have been saving for a rainy day, but don't actually need, and the clothes that I never wear but don't want to throw out hae to be taken to the salvos so that they can give them to other people who will wear them. This is going to be fun and also challenging because I want to keep everything because I am the daughter of two hoarders, and therefore have hoarding ingrained into me.

My uni classes start tomorrow! Tuesday I have classes from 5-7pm and wednesday I have classes from 10am-6pm! Tomorrow I only have to be there from 6 though, so I will be making gingerbread men and fudge for mum to take to school in the morning. I had to go searching, but I found lunchy's awesome gingerbread recipe, so I am set for that until I realise we don't have some of the stuff and need to go shopping. I must say though, today got off to a rocky start, but I am in a very positive mood at the moment.

I will go to uni tomorrow! Iwill maybe possibly smile at people and hopefully talk to someone! I will make delicious food! I will keep thinking positive! I hope this mood keeps up, because I have a whole heap of things I want to do around here that won't get done if I am in a bloo mood.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #897 on: 02 Mar 2009, 03:52 »

Hooray for Jens!

Also, Peer Gynt is an awesome play to be a part in. Especially when you play Peer. Ah, good times!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #898 on: 02 Mar 2009, 04:52 »

Don't forget Grieg, too...

And Jens, well done!

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #899 on: 02 Mar 2009, 06:47 »

Blargh.  I was cleaning the snow off of my car at 5:30am, and the heel of my shoe fell off the curb.  I cut a nice gash in my knee and twisted my ankle.  Fanfuckingtastic. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 90   Go Up