THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748143 times)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #1150 on: 09 Mar 2009, 14:00 »

Blog thread,

So at Star Academy, we've had the same three guys coming in and doing some fuck-for-importance task that requires every one of the students to stop working, stand up, allow them to use their chairs as stools for whatever the fuck, and then they leave without any kind of apology.

Today, I finally got sick of it, and spoke with the producer. Instead of understanding, and telling them to either fix their stupid shit before we arrive or after we leave, she pretty much just told me "It's Albania, what do you expect?" And god DAMN I have gotten sick of hearing that same fucking lazy response over the last two years. "It's Albania, nothing ever gets done here." Nothing gets done here because people like her, the people in charge, have no fucking initiative.

This same exact attitude is why the country has hardly passable roads, hepatitis A *and* B in the water system (thank FUCK I have had my immunizations), and munitions dump explosions.

I used to be at least somewhat happy before this show, now I just hate my life, and I can't wait to move on to something else so that I don't go insane.

Love,
Me
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1151 on: 09 Mar 2009, 14:37 »

I do not want to start another techie flame war. But today I disabled all the visual options on my new-ish HP laptop. It's like seeing the ugly, ugly truth behind the processor-sucking Matrix for the first time. I keep stopping whatever I'm doing just to giggle at the interface, I might as well be running Windows 98.
lol, wat
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1152 on: 09 Mar 2009, 14:40 »

Patrick, now is the time to introduce an Anal Cunt song into your repertoire.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1153 on: 09 Mar 2009, 15:37 »

Also it's amusing to me that you are at Star Academy.

Say hello to Spock for me.

I bet you never get jokes like that.

Seriously though you should clock a ho.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1154 on: 09 Mar 2009, 20:18 »

Smoking cloves makes me taste good. I love it.

I also love my bass, which has made my fingers all calused.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #1155 on: 09 Mar 2009, 20:39 »

I'm finally in a financial position where I could get my tattoo, which is basically "DONT PANIC" written in warm friendly letters on my wrist, but I have had really shitty self-esteem for the last year or so since I first thought about getting it done, and I have kind of thought about extending it to getting a whole series of reminders written on my body in permanant ink.

For example

"You are a pretty ok looking guy and you are pretty funny" across my chest

"Don't worry everyone feels paranoid and insecure sometimes" down my bicep

"If you pretend to have high self esteem for a little while you will probably wind up with higher self esteem in the long run" maybe on my other bicep

I am not kidding about this I think it might be useful. I will see how I mind getting inked when I go in for the DONT PANIC tatt.

Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1156 on: 09 Mar 2009, 20:41 »

That is actually a really cool sounding idea. Just try to keep them succinct. The self esteem one runs a bit long.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1157 on: 09 Mar 2009, 21:14 »

Man, I have been thinking about getting "everything will be ok." tattooed on either my wrist or my hand for awhile now. I think it'd be awesome as hell.

And man, I totally have a tattoo appointment next monday! So excited!
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1158 on: 09 Mar 2009, 23:53 »

Also it's amusing to me that you are at Star Academy.

Say hello to Spock for me.

I bet you never get jokes like that.

Seriously though you should clock a ho.

Nobody has actually cracked one like that at me, but you've actually made my day.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1159 on: 10 Mar 2009, 03:34 »

Oh god who ever thought a throat infection could make all of me feel so so so very unpleasant.  I am so ill guys!  Work at 5:30am wooooo!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1160 on: 10 Mar 2009, 06:58 »

Awww, feel better!!!  <3

Blog blog bloggers,

I went to a daycare to see how it'd be and the place was fantastic.  They had a great curriculum, everyone seemed friendly, it was secure and all-around awesome.  The only downside is that it costs 1/3 of my monthly salary to send her for only 2 days.  Full time would be impossible.  It's too bad I don't make 90k a year...
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1161 on: 10 Mar 2009, 07:13 »

It's too bad I don't make 90k a year...

Just in general I am constantly thinking this.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1162 on: 10 Mar 2009, 07:35 »

You could always sell drugs, Rachel.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1163 on: 10 Mar 2009, 07:36 »

Or my soul.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1164 on: 10 Mar 2009, 07:39 »

Don't be silly, you can only sell your soul once. Selling drugs is a long-term solution!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1165 on: 10 Mar 2009, 09:30 »

And souls don't go for very much. Well, mine didn't go for very much.

And then you have to eat it if you want it back, and man, souls don't taste very good.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1166 on: 10 Mar 2009, 10:16 »

I could always become a pimp, I suppose.  My boyfriend is pretty cute and could probably bring in some decent cash.  And I'd get to beat him if he acts out of line.  That's how that works, right?

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1167 on: 10 Mar 2009, 10:24 »

That is probably one of the best birthday cake ideas I have ever heard.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1168 on: 10 Mar 2009, 14:21 »

No, it IS the best birthday cake idea ever.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1169 on: 10 Mar 2009, 15:19 »

Goddamnit, I hate it when you get randomly assigned into groups in classes, and the group ends up sucking. We have two exercises left in this class I'm taking, one is due tomorrow and one is due on the 15th. One of my group members is this Chinese guy who speaks semi-okay English, so that's frustrating enough, and the class is difficult, which also makes it even worse, and the last member of my group is apparently super busy? I don't know. On the first assignment we had together, the Chinese guy came online like 1 hour before the deadline (..it was supposed to be delivered at school, before midnight, and walking there takes 30 minutes for me, and I was the only one in town) and tells us he hasn't started it, when we were waiting for him to log on and send us his part. Ended up working out, luckily, he worked all night and handed it in before anyone came to collect them the morning after.

On the second assignment, he tells us the same thing at about 7PM, because he apparently forgot that February only has 28 days, except we reminded him on February 27th. And we split that assigment up in 3 parts, where my part was about 50% (because they kind of belonged together), but I ended up having to do the Chinese guy's part as well, so about 75%. And then the Norwegian guy failed to hand in half his part, so we were deducted about 20 points for that alone.

This time, the deadline is tomorrow, and none of them had initiated contact, so I've sent two e-mails, asking when we should get started. And the website wouldn't work, so I assumed exercise 5b was due before exercise 6, and thus started exercise 5b alone. Turns out, exercise 5b is due AFTER exercise 6! Where is the logic in that? Then, tonight at 11PM, the Chinese dude tells me that he and the other guy have made a deal, where the Chinese dude will do exercise 6 alone, and the Norwegian guy and I would do the assignment that is due tomorrow together. Except no one told me about this, and now it is due in 24 hours, the Norwegian guy isn't answering his email or text messages, and I'm stuck with a pretty big assignment that feels like it is way above my head, and half an assignment that some other guy was supposed to do. And this counts for my final grade. Great!

Tl;dr: Don't be douches on group assignments, people.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1170 on: 10 Mar 2009, 16:09 »

Dear blog thread,

One of the new arrivals from Kosovo in the group at Star Academy has apparently decided she likes me. I mean I am not certain, but if a girl is play-hitting you and trying to braid your hair and basically is using any excuse to get her hands on you, that's typically a good clue, right?

I kinda made the mistake of complaining about it to my girlfriend. Basically, if Kosovo Girl doesn't cut it out, my lady will cut it out of her.

Love,
Me!

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1171 on: 10 Mar 2009, 16:22 »

Man, I have been thinking about getting "everything will be ok." tattooed on either my wrist or my hand for awhile now. I think it'd be awesome as hell.

And man, I totally have a tattoo appointment next monday! So excited!
I would totally get "Just Might Be OK" tattooed on my arm. Y'know, like the Lupe Fiasco song. :-)
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1172 on: 10 Mar 2009, 16:55 »

Just don't let the beer decide about your hair!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #1173 on: 10 Mar 2009, 19:15 »

I'm not saying this works for everyone, but whiskey was responsible for the best hair-related decision I ever made. 

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1174 on: 10 Mar 2009, 19:58 »

Patrick,
Everyone knows that if you're in separate states it's not actually cheating. Following that logic, being separated by the Atlantic makes it really not cheating!
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1175 on: 10 Mar 2009, 20:20 »

Man, if that were the case I could easily have two boyfriends at once. Minnesota is about a ten minute walk away from my apartment.

Awww yeahhhh
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1176 on: 10 Mar 2009, 21:14 »

That means I could have three! I can visit both Kentucky and Indiana and then come home again in less than an hour. Whoa.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1177 on: 10 Mar 2009, 21:37 »

hey blog thread, i am trying real hard to resist the temptation to write in you all the time but i actually had a real good day today and things are looking pretty good in general.

- i finally got to applying for jobs again, i have been telling myself that since i suck at getting things done i should try to apply to at least one job a day and leave it at that. for the last week or so i have been been sticking with this and it feels really good, i'm proud of myself.
- i spent about 2 hours this morning giving my room a really thorough cleaning, including scrubbing the carpet and wiping off my computer screen and dusting and all that little crap and now my room looks shiny and brand new and really just cheers me up a lot to sit in and look at.
- i brought tim tams in to the student support network today and everyone was really happy and enjoyed them a lot.
- i've been working out with my housemate the last two months or so and eating pretty healthy, i don't have a lot of weight to lose but i've been toning up pretty nicely and this evening while getting dressed for my boss's book signing party i stopped and just kind of looked at myself in the mirror for a couple of minutes all narcissistic-like and and was just really pleased with my body and how good i looked. today was a good looking day.
- i went to my boss's book signing party and met and chatted with a lot of very nice people.
- i had a really good conversation with the librarian at cfru who for some reason i get really afraid and shy around. it's not a physical attraction thing, more that he is just this really intimidatingly smart and cool guy, or something. i don't really know. but we bonded over shitty songsmith videos and the wire and how much coldplay sucks and he lent me some movies and later we chatted on facebook for a while and i am glad that we are friends now! sort of.
- i had another really good conversation with one of my professors which ended in him agreeing to write a letter of reference for me when i apply eventually for school in ottawa.
- i actually got a lot of work done this week on my myriad essays and research papers due throughout the month which i normally leave to the last minute.

sorry that this is a sort of bragging post, normally i am all kinds of freaked out and crazy about everything at all times and these last couple of weeks have had something of a really pleasant if slightly uncharacteristic "everything is going to turn out okay" kind of vibe to them and i felt the need to share with the internet. i guess "everything is going to turn out okay" is the theme for this page or something.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1178 on: 10 Mar 2009, 21:42 »

I feel the need to counter this.

I'm now unemployed and my brother is looking to move out of the flat we're splitting. Troubles.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

tweetles

« Reply #1179 on: 10 Mar 2009, 22:06 »

Dear blogonessy,

I really, really miss home. I miss the shitty weather which despite all best effort never really being dressed right for it and the constant wind. Aww I miss the wind and when its sunny just how pretty everything is. I want to go home and I cant and it sucks.
And Faye just had to be wearing that Tshirt in the comic and people just had to start a thread (which I actually love btw) and compound the fact that despite any similarties. This isnt home and this isnt New Zealand :(

/whine.

In other news I think I burnt my scones, but they still taste damn good. Man im just way too domesticated these days

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1180 on: 10 Mar 2009, 23:25 »

Hey it turns out penicillin is like MAGIC.  I was VERY ill, I was basically crying everytime I swallowed, not able to eat because of my throat, not being able to sleep due to my throat hurting too much or falling asleep for about 5 minutes at a time before I woke up to myself drowning in my own mucus (I could here myself choking in my sleep!), my glands were so swollen and my neck so stiff from all the grossness that I could hardly turn my head and I was generally very miserable.  I have been on penicillin for a day and I am already 90% back to normal.  I AM EATING RIGHT NOW.

IT IS SO AWESOME
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1181 on: 10 Mar 2009, 23:28 »

Patrick,
Everyone knows that if you're in separate states it's not actually cheating. Following that logic, being separated by the Atlantic makes it really not cheating!

So wait, if you get bonus points for being separated by almost two continents and an ocean, I could be with my lady from Alaska and still bone any of the Kosovar chicks?

(man, if I didn't know it was a joke, I would probably start chasing after the one who sings like Feist. Holy shittttttt)

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1182 on: 10 Mar 2009, 23:59 »

Hey it turns out penicillin is like MAGIC.  I was VERY ill, I was basically crying everytime I swallowed, not able to eat because of my throat, not being able to sleep due to my throat hurting too much or falling asleep for about 5 minutes at a time before I woke up to myself drowning in my own mucus (I could here myself choking in my sleep!), my glands were so swollen and my neck so stiff from all the grossness that I could hardly turn my head and I was generally very miserable.  I have been on penicillin for a day and I am already 90% back to normal.  I AM EATING RIGHT NOW.

IT IS SO AWESOME
Yeah, I dunno about the penicillin, but I was hospitalized for Tonsillitis. It really does suck. For days, I was going from doctor to doctor, before a specialist had the balls to say it was Tonsillitis. By time I got there, my throat was red and hurting like hell. I could barely speak. I looked in the mirror and my uvula was HUGE and was sagging and dragging on my tongue.

Good to know you're better. =]
My Last.FM

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1183 on: 11 Mar 2009, 00:18 »

Sigh.

So, tonight, I spent the night with my friends, Sara and Jon.  We talked and talked, and things went pretty well. Except when the subject of me and sex came up. And well, basically it came down to me being so disgusted with sex because I have never had sex with a decent guy. I've never been with a decent guy. And basically that made me feel like crap. That realization made me feel terrible. And now I feel like crap.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1184 on: 11 Mar 2009, 00:37 »

I've got this new thing where I've started carrying around a flattened paper crane in my wallet. This is because I was in a pub on Valentines Day (watching a game of Rugby on the T.V.) and I overheard one of the barmaids complaining about how her boyfriend, or the boy she fancied, or something, hadn't called her yet, and I wanted to be able to give her a little present on my way out just to cheer her up. So now I carry around a crane to give to someone if they're having a shitty day.

So, hey, Emaline, even though you're on the other side of the world and even though it's just a photo, here's a paper crane for you:

Sorry to hear you're feeling shitty!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1185 on: 11 Mar 2009, 00:42 »

Aww, thanks.

also, umm I guess I should look at the positives of the night. I got to drink and play snes with two good friends. We went to the Hustler club store. My friend Jon said "I just cannot believe that you've never been with a decent guy. I mean, I think you're a pretty cool chick." And I bought a whip. Nights not a complete bust, right?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1186 on: 11 Mar 2009, 00:42 »

group assignments

I was always that guy who didn't do his work. Although pretty much all of my teachers made it so that if someone didn't do their portion, the entire group didn't get graded poorly. I actually slept through my own groups presentation. My teacher asked me "Jace, whats up? Why aren't you doing your work" I was able to look her straight in the eyes and say "I just don't care."

Protip: new teachers (as in, just out of college and this is thier first or second year teaching) get really fucking confused when you tell them that you just don't care.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1187 on: 11 Mar 2009, 01:48 »

Hey, I've never been a decent guy.

I think my internal philosophy is shifting towards the idea of this beautifuly broken world I've been living in. To err is human, and fuck are humans ever pretty sometimes.
It is a simple shift of basis which changes my life outlook from being 'shit unhappy' to 'quaintly bemused and charmed'.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1188 on: 11 Mar 2009, 06:19 »

group assignments
not caring

But see, at uni, professors will not tolerate that kind of thing, and especially in classes where there is pretty much zero communication between professors and students except the hand-ins of assignments. The group as a whole is responsible for getting the work done, and if one person doesn't contribute, it will mean more work for the others or a lower grade for everyone. When you're at a univeristy in a tough, 5-year course, people expect you to actually give a shit about what you are doing, so they assume assigning random groups will work out okay, because people, in general, want decent grades.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1189 on: 11 Mar 2009, 06:25 »

Well yeah, which is pretty much the reason why I'm not attending college. But there are always people who will not do their portion if they know someone else will. That is the problem with group projects.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1190 on: 11 Mar 2009, 07:46 »

That's pretty much life.  At work, I end up working with lots of people on high-profile projects, and there are a lot of dumbasses on my team.  The rest of us HAVE to carry them or the project will fail and it will reflect on all of us as a team.  That's just how it is.

Gilead

« Reply #1191 on: 11 Mar 2009, 07:58 »

There's nothing that can kill a lifelong love of learning like college.

Hey blog thread I am really sick and my throat feels like a horrible arid wasteland. But I've got a 48 hour long shoot tomorrow and 3 scripts due friday, woo.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1192 on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:07 »

i guess i got lucky in that i didn't really have to do any group projects for my degree, and the few i did were with people who were actually really smart and on the ball and totally knew what to do to get As on everything. college is sometimes okay!

There's nothing that can kill a lifelong love of learning like college.

wait, yeah, this. college sucks.

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1193 on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:15 »

I loved college. I did get stuck with some slackers for group projects, but as Pen said, that happens in real life too.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1194 on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:16 »

so you don't want to go to college because of people shirking group projects?

Nah, I don't want to go to college because I don't care about furthering my education and there is no reason for me to be in college.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1195 on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:30 »

my main problem with it is that i think it has become less a thing that people do because they want to learn and further their education (and if you don't want to, that's totally fine too) and more a thing people just do because it is assumed that's where you go after high school. for every person i've met who loves the learning experience and what they're studying, there is another person who genuinely doesn't give a shit and doesn't want to be here at all and is just getting the degree so they can get a job. and i understand that that's necessary too, but that system genuinely bums me out and so does meeting people who have somehow also been at school studying for the last four years yet don't know anything about what they've been studying and couldn't care less about anything except getting the degree and getting out. add in standardized testing which really teaches you nothing except how to briefly memorize huge quantities of information then regurgitate them and forget everything the next day and it really seems more now about the piece of paper you get at the end to put on your resume than the actual learning experience.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1196 on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:48 »

I have a love/hate relationship with college. I love history classes and studying cultures, but I couldn't care less about any of the other shit they're obsessed with making me take. Particularly art classes. I have less than zero interest in creating something. The humanities are fine and actually quite interesting, but my relationship with the creative process is actively unhealthy.
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2009, 08:51 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Gilead

« Reply #1197 on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:53 »

Guys everytime I lie down I choke on my own spit and phleghm this is awesome.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1198 on: 11 Mar 2009, 10:02 »

Tania, I fully agree with you that most people go to college not because they have a goal in mind in 4 years, but because (especially in the states) you either go into the armed forces or to college the same year you finish high school. I really think that they should make people wait a year or two mandatory so they can figure out what they want. A lot of my sister's friends and people I know who are a few years older than me have changed their major two or three times because they figured stuff out when they were 19-20 and actually in the real world.

At some point I may go into college, to get a business degree or something, but right now, its not something that I want, or need for the job I want. (Those of you just tuning in, I'm going to be a Kung Fu instructor, and I'll be wearing my degree around my waist) I do know that in the future having a degree might help me to get a loan if I want to open my own school and don't have the backing of the organization I'll be teaching for (pretty rare occurrence I'd imagine).

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #1199 on: 11 Mar 2009, 10:47 »

i didn't go to college and look at me now: average as can be and happier than ever! and thankfully, i still have my love of learning which, of course, i can only act on in my spare time. but it's done wonders; like yesterday i actually had some relevent small-talk to make with a pretty barrista. she was taking my order and apolgized about the fact that she was crying because she was cutting up onions and i told her about how when you cut onions sulphuric acid forms on the surface of your eyeball and that's why you cry: to wash away the acid burning your eyes. i thought it was very charming and intelligent-sounding but i think i may have scared her a little.  :|

also, last night i had a dream that my friend brought me to a fancy, roof-top record company party (he works at a recording studio) and he led me around introducing me to people and one of the people was Tania. i was like "hey, i know you from the internet!" and she was all "uh i don't know you. go away, weirdo." and it was kind of a bummer so now i just wanted to say:

HELLO, EVERYONE! MY NAME IS DANNY AND IT'S A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU!
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 90   Go Up