THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748395 times)

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #1200 on: 11 Mar 2009, 11:26 »

FUCK YOU, MEMES.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1201 on: 11 Mar 2009, 11:35 »

that is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1202 on: 11 Mar 2009, 11:39 »

Hey blog!

We just recorded a song! It's just a little demo version that sounds like crap, but it's OK, we will make it good!

Love,
Dominik

PS: Some neighbour from across the street threatened to call the cops while we recorded, but they never came. Awesome!

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1203 on: 11 Mar 2009, 13:03 »

Blaaah, just one more day to finish the endreport (and then half a day to make sure there arent obvious spelling errors/half sentences and shit)...

*stresses a wee bit*
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1204 on: 11 Mar 2009, 14:21 »

Today we did awesome theatre shit at school. I love it when the teachers just tell us "okay, here's the stage, here's what you'll get to work with, we want to see something awesome the next Friday". Best part is that we're not forced to dance (since traditional theatre is a no-no in drama class, we have to dance a lot). I'm playing a monologue where I'm an old demented man who occasionally forgets that his wife and son is dead. It's pretty cool, and people said that when I stared at where my character thinks his son is, I had the best look of desperation and sadness and they got pretty moved by the way I stared out into thin space. This boasts my confidence as an actor really, really much.

After that I got the best grade I have gotten after Chirstmas, a clean 6 (best grade there is), so I'm just happy with school right now. Then we had a meeting in my sword fight club, and I got semi-elected into the board (I attend meetings if one of the other board members can't). Then we went out to have coffee and it was really fun and great. This day is the best I've had in a while.

I got invited to a party by a friend from said sword fighting club, but a lot of the people who are going to be there is much older than me, and a lot of them doesn't like it when people younger than 18 drink, so I'm not sure if I want to go because they might get grumpy about me taking some beers and then the party will be bad for me and them and nah. I'll see what happens.

Now I'm going to go play Geneforge 5, which is the best shit Spiderweb software has delivered since Avernum 1-3. For you gamers who don't know what I'm talking about, you're missing out on awesome shit.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1205 on: 11 Mar 2009, 14:27 »

Dear blog thread,

You know, for a singing competition, we sure don't do a whole lot of singing. I think per person, over a period of six hours every day, we maybe sing for 10 minutes. I sing more when I am not supposed to than when I am supposed to. I get yelled at for practicing the shit I'm supposed to be practicing. What the fuck am I supposed to do, eat my own shit for 5 hours and 50 minutes?

Also, we were assigned new songs to learn. "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay and some song by some guy who sounds like an Italian version of Phil Collins.

Oh and do you want to know what most of our time today was spent doing? Okay, well, a big part of the show is "discussion." Today's discussion was about who each person thinks is the most attractive out of everybody else in the group. Since I don't answer such bullshit questions, I said the name of one of the guys from Kosovo (the two Kosovar dudes finally showed up again, and they are hellof rad to chill with). Everybody got a kick out of it except for the production crew. The producers can fuck themselves, I am not playing by their shitty rules anymore.

Love,
Me!

P.S. oh and the first elimination is at the end of the week and I can't wait to see a certain egotistical jackass get reamed up the ass. I am also dreading the possibility that somebody who has become a very good friend might also be among those eliminated. Fuckkkkkkkkkk
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1206 on: 11 Mar 2009, 19:14 »

Brog Bleed,

I got salmon in my eye last night. Don't ask me how it happened, I don't know. But all through today that eye has been itchy and sore and red. And I've felt vaguely nauseauted.

So for future reference - keep fish out of your eyes, cooked or no. It's not meant for that.

Also somebody was playing the new Chris Cornell album on campus today real loud and alls I can say is what the fuck Timbaland you used to be good at shit.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #1207 on: 11 Mar 2009, 19:36 »

My work opens back up again tonight and I am really fucking excited I don't care if its floor work fuck yeah just like old times.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1208 on: 11 Mar 2009, 19:38 »

I was sick with a sore throat/flu type thing, but I got over by getting drunk Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. I feel great today! So I guess penicillin AND vodka tonics are magic.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1209 on: 11 Mar 2009, 19:56 »

Brog Bleed,

I got salmon in my eye last night. Don't ask me how it happened, I don't know. But all through today that eye has been itchy and sore and red. And I've felt vaguely nauseauted.

So for future reference - keep fish out of your eyes, cooked or no. It's not meant for that.

Also somebody was playing the new Chris Cornell album on campus today real loud and alls I can say is what the fuck Timbaland you used to be good at shit.

Maybe you've got a salmonella infection.

Awwwww yeah.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1210 on: 11 Mar 2009, 20:16 »

Hey Patrick, are there Youtube videos of you online already?

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1211 on: 11 Mar 2009, 20:29 »

There is a person in the lab right now who clearly has alopecia.

I thought I should share that.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1212 on: 11 Mar 2009, 20:53 »

Why?
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #1213 on: 11 Mar 2009, 22:12 »

I won 60$ in a poker game!

Also, a friend of mine somehow got a hold of some ladies' journal that ended up on the roof of an insane asylum.

It was weird shit.  For example:

I feel like I have roach spray on me.
February 27, 2009  9:53 a.m.

ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1214 on: 11 Mar 2009, 22:21 »

Hear Flog Bread,

I have been having major troubles with college today. I have a paper to write, and I have been sucking at my other classes in a way that is making me upset and depressed in the rest of my life. I am actually having such trouble writing this paper that is due friday that I am afraid that it is a sign of manic-depression. So far today I have: gotten a 66% on my calculus, not practiced at all, and sat in a chair for over six hours and not come up with a single idea for this goddamn paper.

I'm thinking that I might not actually be cut out for college. I don't want to write about this just because I have to do so, I want to do assignments because I can see how they will prepare me for my possible future career. Calculus I can understand, music theory and aural skills and piano I can understand, but gothic literature is not something that will help with my future occupation, and it is my biggest goddamn hurdle. How does it make sense that a throwaway english class instructed by a hack professor with an apparent crippling disability to offer original insight into the material my biggest problem class?
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1215 on: 11 Mar 2009, 22:39 »

Perhaps it is because it is not something that will help you with your future occupation, and that it's a "throwaway english class instructed by a hack professor with an apparent crippling disability to offer original insight into the material." Or in shorter terms, you don't really see the point and are not motivated to do well in that class?

While I understand that you don't want to write about it because you have to, think of it as preparation for a future occupation.  Odds are, there are things you won't want to do, but have to anyway regardless of how much you like the occupation. Or was that a rhetorical question that flew right over my head?

As for myself, life can stop surrounding me with cute women that have absolutely no interest in me.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1216 on: 11 Mar 2009, 22:50 »

I am actually kind of sorry that I unloaded that on you people. For some reason I write better after I unload all of my frustrations at once and just let them be, and for some reason it works better with a captive audience. I have unloaded fully and completely, put that behind me, and in the half hour or so since I wrote that, I got a kickass idea for my paper and outlined most of it. (this is why I don't generally blogthread I whine and then my problems go away, and I feel like a douche for bitching).

Also those words were perhaps a little harsh towards this professor, but while she is rather well read and has a good grasp on literary form and prose structure, her thematic insights can often be a bit lackluster in my opinion, but hey, she's a doctor and I'm not, so who am I to judge?

Love you all,
Adam
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1217 on: 11 Mar 2009, 23:05 »

A friend's band is playing at a nearby bar every Sunday this month. Last week I went to see the band (for the second time), and took a (female, heterosexual) friend along. My friend looks at the band's trumpeter and says "She's gorgeous."

Yes. Yes she is. Thankyou for bringing that to my attention, I didn't really feel like having another crush just yet. Sigh. Guess I'll have to go introduce myself this coming Sunday, then.

(EDIT: I'm not really that annoyed, I just really don't want to get another hopeless crush on a girl.)
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2009, 23:12 by Inlander »

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1218 on: 11 Mar 2009, 23:11 »

Everyone knows playing the trumpet makes you 17% hotter.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1219 on: 11 Mar 2009, 23:15 »

Oh and in other news I am seriously now only one draft away from finishing the manuscript for this novel that I've been working on, on-and-off, for the last few years, and due to the editing process I've been reading it through again for the umpteenth time, and oh shit not only am I not bored by it even though I've read it so many times, I think it might actually be good and I will probably be ready to start looking for a publisher by the end of the month.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1220 on: 11 Mar 2009, 23:16 »

whole buncha stuff

A couple of things

1) Do you really have to take this class? College systems are different, but if you can, just drop it.
2) Don't make the mistake of simply analysing the themes of a book, that is high-school level lit analysis. It's like the first thing you should probably try to isolate but remember that a novels historical context, language, and even its standing in the field of criticism itself can all be analysed at equally deep levels. Over analysing themes is really easy to do if you're not paying attention and its entirely possible your professor is uninterested in exploring the thematic aspects of the book because their experience is that focusing on it degrades the students abilities to look at the other important parts.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #1221 on: 11 Mar 2009, 23:48 »

Harry! That's awesome!

It is late and I need to finish a paper. woooo, mid-terms.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1222 on: 12 Mar 2009, 01:13 »

[...] hopeless crush [...]

It might not be hopeless. Also: congrats on the novel.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Gilead

« Reply #1223 on: 12 Mar 2009, 01:29 »

This is why Zach Condon is hot, because he's stacked the hotness percentages on top of each other.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1224 on: 12 Mar 2009, 01:42 »

Moved the last of my shit into my house yesterday, got fucked up on hash cookies, went to see Watchmen (AWESOME) and then just hung out today scattered as shit.

Anyway my new housemate just got home and we had a chat about minimal techno and progressive house (shut up prog house rules) and electronic music in general and it turns out he puts on parties in the city and out in the bush, and he is basically a fucking rad dude.

Looking forward to living here.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1225 on: 12 Mar 2009, 02:12 »

This is why Zach Condon is hot, because he's stacked the hotness percentages on top of each other.

Trumpet on top of . . . pasty crumple-faced scowler?

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1226 on: 12 Mar 2009, 04:42 »

Hey Patrick, are there Youtube videos of you online already?

This.  I was just looking for one yesterday and the only thing I came up with was some chick. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1227 on: 12 Mar 2009, 05:04 »

I'm skipping my second class today for two very rad reasons:

1. It means my break starts that much sooner

2. I have to go to the post office and mail a guitar neck to someone.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1228 on: 12 Mar 2009, 05:11 »

Are you going to mail the rest piece by piece until they pay the ransom?

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1229 on: 12 Mar 2009, 06:56 »

No. The body's destroyed, pretty much. The neck's in good shape, so I sold it through another forum.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1230 on: 12 Mar 2009, 07:01 »

Hey mystery annoying man who wants in before I've even turned on the lights -
Don't come banging on my door when I haven't even opened the store yet. I will not let you in. Gotta get my caffeine, son.

Also, it is fucking cold.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1231 on: 12 Mar 2009, 07:02 »

You should have let him in, then hit him in the face with the "CLOSED" sign.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1232 on: 12 Mar 2009, 07:07 »

Holy shit An Horse was just performing on David Lettermen, I used to chat to her all the time when I went into Skinnies, that is fucking cool, I didn't know they'd gotten so big.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1233 on: 12 Mar 2009, 07:09 »

We don't have a closed sign. We do have a crowbar, however.

How about that, sucka.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1234 on: 12 Mar 2009, 07:32 »

Goddammit why can I suddenly no longer watch the Daily Show online? No matter which browser I try! It better just be because they've temporarily fucked up the website, if it turns out they've suddenly decided to not let people outside the U.S. watch it, then so help me I'll . . .

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1235 on: 12 Mar 2009, 07:32 »

We don't have a closed sign. We do have a crowbar, however.

How about that, sucka.

Not a bad idea. And you could ditch the body in the dumpster.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1236 on: 12 Mar 2009, 07:43 »

Holy shit An Horse was just performing on David Lettermen, I used to chat to her all the time when I went into Skinnies, that is fucking cool, I didn't know they'd gotten so big.

I saw An Horse in Shepherd's Bush in June when they were touring with Tegan and Sara. They're way good.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1237 on: 12 Mar 2009, 08:00 »

Yeah she used to be in a great local power pop band called Iron On that I really liked and then they kind of disappeared and I never realised An Horse was her new band and never got around to checking them out cause by the time they'd formed I was working weekends and stopped going to shows as often.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1238 on: 12 Mar 2009, 08:32 »

Goddammit why can I suddenly no longer watch the Daily Show online? No matter which browser I try! It better just be because they've temporarily fucked up the website, if it turns out they've suddenly decided to not let people outside the U.S. watch it, then so help me I'll . . .

...watch Channel 10?
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Reed

« Reply #1239 on: 12 Mar 2009, 09:03 »

FUCK UCONN FUCK UCONN FUCK UCONN FUCK UCONN FUCK UCONN FUCK UCONN FUCK UCONN FUCK UCONN FUCK UCONN FUCK UCONN

So when I first accepted admissions here they asked me to spend a couple years in the Ms program because I was a lazy undergrad and had a fairly low GPA. They said I just needed to maintain a 3.0 and apply again and I would have no problem. So I applied this December and yesterday I found out that I'm on the stupid motherfucking wait list. I asked why, and this is the response from the head of the search committee:

"There was nothing about your application we didn't like, except maybe that you're  an "upgrade", and we focus first on applicants from outside."

So he's telling me that because I've worked my ass off here, TA'd multiple semesters, maintained a 3.3 I might not get in simply because I'm already here! He said I'm 2nd on the list and have a good chance of getting in, but this still really pisses me off.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #1240 on: 12 Mar 2009, 09:25 »

That's gay as shit.

In other news, I need recommendations for a good padlock.

My brother just will not stop stealing my shit and selling it for weed.  It doesn't even have to be a good lock, just something that can withstand something like a hammer, because he's not smart enough to know how to use bolt cutters.  He's also pretty weak, anyways. 

But yeah, I won that 60$ poker game, woke up the next morning and realize that I don't have a 360 controller anymore.  FUCK, kid.  Way to kill my good mood.  Does anyone know where I could possibly sell basketball jerseys?  A consignment shop, maybe?  I am just going to sell a bunch of his shit this weekend and hope that I can get a quarter of what he owes me back.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #1241 on: 12 Mar 2009, 10:29 »

Why does he keep stealing your stuff for weed? Surely he has his own crap he can sell?

Also Blog thread, I have to do 100 more words about Africa and a bibliography and refference list for Africa and Religious wars essays, I have 6 more hours to do this before the library stops letting me print stuff and for some odd reason I am worried that I am not going to do that well? Why I usually end up doing the references minuites before and they are shockingly bad, why now that I have a lot of time to do them in do I panic?
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #1242 on: 12 Mar 2009, 10:53 »

Well, then he wouldn't have any stuff, would he?  Better to get rid of other people's things first.  He's even sold things that we bought back to replace what he took.  Two copies of Guitar Hero 3 and Call of Duty 4, for one.

He has a bunch of DVD's that he doesn't watch, a brand new iPod Nano that he doesn't use, and a whole bunch of clothes he doesn't wear, which I'm going to sell this weekend.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1243 on: 12 Mar 2009, 11:03 »

Yeah, the obvious answer is that the guy is being a rather disgustingly selfish asshole. If he literally didn't have anything to sell, I rather doubt he'd be spending this money on weed rather than necessities.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1244 on: 12 Mar 2009, 11:24 »

So, blog thread, I bought one of Rene Engström's originals.  This one.  It came with a sheet of notes and sketches, including for a couple of frames which didn't make it to the comic; I am well pleased.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #1245 on: 12 Mar 2009, 14:39 »

She is certainly a very entertaining person.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #1246 on: 12 Mar 2009, 15:35 »

That is very cool, Paul. 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1247 on: 12 Mar 2009, 16:52 »

...watch Channel 10?

But doesn't Channel 10 only show the weekly version? And then only intermittently?

EDIT: Yay! The site's working again!!

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1248 on: 12 Mar 2009, 19:12 »

Oh man I just went to Parliament House (the state one, not the federal one) to cover a public lecture on GM crops. I had to go through a security check and everything.

This farmer from the US spoke about how he got sued by Monsanto, it was pretty interesting. Also another farmer from Canada spoke about how the introduction of GM canola has basically removed the possibility of growing non-GM canola in Canada.

I'm a bit annoyed though 'cause I could only get a cardioid mic at short notice and didn't have enough time to set it up on the podium, so I had to sit up the front with the gain right up which means I'm going to have a fair bit of background shit... ah well.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1249 on: 12 Mar 2009, 19:14 »

Dimmukane, your brother is pretty much fulfilling the negative stereotype of people who smoke weed and you should stop him from doing that.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 90   Go Up