THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748211 times)

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #1300 on: 14 Mar 2009, 10:42 »

On a darker page in the story of the 2009 so far is a weird friendship-cum-non-relationship between my friend T and me. I met her right before breaking up with my now-ex (unrelated). She got out of a couple bad ones recently. We're both more into sex than relationships right now. So it happens.
I'm concerned that the feelings she had for me first might flare up again and I don't want her to get hurt.

It happened.
Today, via IM, she told me how pissed off she was at the disparity between the men she likes, the men that like her and the one man she 'wants'.
Which is me. Yeah yeah high fives and all aside, this is very flattering but also sort of bad news.

She is carrying it in stride and says she's happy and awesome and little rainbows will grow out of her ears if she was any happier ...
... but I'm not buying all of it.

She is pretty fragile (a lot of disappointments and tragedies in her past).
And sometimes when we meet we do proper couple stuff like cuddle while watching TV. Or nailing each other silly.

All this leads me to the conclusion that she uses sex to compensate for the closeness and companionship she misses from relationships.
But as I said, my job starts in a few weeks and I'll be traveling and working and not there to do all that.
What do i do?
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #1301 on: 14 Mar 2009, 11:11 »

Blogtråd:

I am going to a party tonight. The other people are between 20 and 30. I'm 17. These people are all awesome, and they like me (I guess), but they are so much more experienced in the whole partying field. I guess I'll just have to try and fit in. This is where I will have to trust my social skills. If I manage not to be awkward or get wasted and just have a great time, stuff will be good.

tl;dr: I'm fucked over.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #1302 on: 14 Mar 2009, 11:54 »

It's not so much the idea that you might have a fantasy about having sex with someone else.  It's the flirting and stuff.  I assume Jon thinks about sleeping with someone else (i don't know who, and i don't much care), but if he was actually flirting with someone, that'd bug the hell out of me (unless he was getting free drinks at a bar or something).  Not cheating is not hard if you care for the person you're with. 

To clarify, I'm not saying it's wrong to be attracted to someone else, but acting at all on that is not cool in my book.

For my part—and I think I kind of helped spark the discussion, I'm sorry I didn't take more part in it—I've been with the person I'm with long enough for us to grow apart, and I moved away so we only see each other once every few months anyhow. Maybe it just doesn't make sense for us to stay together anymore. Maybe this is just a logical progression to someone new. I mean, what do you do? You go out with someone and then at some point, you don't feel the same way about each other as when you started it and then you split up. Is every relationship to be treated as if it'll be for life?

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1303 on: 14 Mar 2009, 14:15 »

So the summer camp/retreat centre type place where I've worked the past two summers has not hired me this year.  I'd applied for a new position, and was really excited about the possiblity of going again.  It's in a really beautiful location, right on the Okanagan lake in British Columbia, in the heart of BC's wine country.  The people I would have been working with are some of my best friends, and all in all it's a ton of fun, especially since I adore working with children.  It also pays really well.  So I'm pretty bummed about this not working out, even more so since I found out through an email, which I felt really terrible upon reading.

On the bright side now I'm considering going to Chicagocon.  Maybe?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1304 on: 14 Mar 2009, 14:27 »

Evernew, tell her how you feel about it all(i.e. "I don't want a relationship," "It's flattering that you like me, but it'd be better if you didn't," "I'm leaving soon.") And stop fucking having sex with her jesus h christ. If you know this girl is banging you because it makes her feel close to someone, and whatnot, stop sticking your dick in her if you can't reciprocate. You are leading her on. Stop. Its mean, and the longer you do it, the more heartache you are gonna cause. Fucking stop fucking. Jesus.

Anyway, guys, I am trying to save money. I am also trying to keep sane. Should I go to the art supply store to buy some supplies to paint a picture for my livingroom?

Also, fucking god damn people. I hate people. First of all, if you want to talk to me, just fucking start talking. Don't sit next to me/in front of me, and move around a lot and grunt and sigh and stare at me because I will just fucking ignore you. Second of all, yes it hurt, no I don't regret it, yes I like it, no I don't think its strange, yes its in my cleavege, no it doesn't have another end, it does not come out anywhere, no its not some sexual thing, no I am not a freak, yes I can hear you whispering about me from across the room, yes I can tell you are staring at me, yes I am actually human and have feelings too, and it does actually bother me a lot that you feel the need to stare at me and make me feel like some sort of freak on display. Thirdly, fucking god damn I hate old people. And I know this makes me a terrible person.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #1305 on: 14 Mar 2009, 14:53 »

Also, fucking god damn people. I hate people. First of all, if you want to talk to me, just fucking start talking. Don't sit next to me/in front of me, and move around a lot and grunt and sigh and stare at me because I will just fucking ignore you. Second of all, yes it hurt, no I don't regret it, yes I like it, no I don't think its strange, yes its in my cleavege, no it doesn't have another end, it does not come out anywhere, no its not some sexual thing, no I am not a freak, yes I can hear you whispering about me from across the room, yes I can tell you are staring at me, yes I am actually human and have feelings too, and it does actually bother me a lot that you feel the need to stare at me and make me feel like some sort of freak on display. Thirdly, fucking god damn I hate old people. And I know this makes me a terrible person.

Sorry?
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1306 on: 14 Mar 2009, 15:02 »

Evernew, tell her how you feel about it all(i.e. "I don't want a relationship," "It's flattering that you like me, but it'd be better if you didn't," "I'm leaving soon.") And stop fucking having sex with her jesus h christ. If you know this girl is banging you because it makes her feel close to someone, and whatnot, stop sticking your dick in her if you can't reciprocate. You are leading her on. Stop. Its mean, and the longer you do it, the more heartache you are gonna cause. Fucking stop fucking. Jesus.

um, to be fair he did find out how she felt... today. it's not like this has been going on for weeks or something. and he also asked for advice as soon as he found out. there's no need to be so harsh, the fact that he's asking for help in the first place and hasn't wasted any time in doing so shows he's looking out for her best interests. not all people are completely terrible all the time.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1307 on: 14 Mar 2009, 15:21 »

Dear blog thread,

There is nothing shittier than seeing the look on somebody's face when you tell them that you don't think they're good enough for something you're both working your asses off for. I don't appreciate the journalists serving as a catalyst for drama over at Star Akademi and I never will. They don't give a fuck about our feelings, nobody there does except for us. Having to say no more or no less than 3 people who you think should be eliminated from the competition... fuck, I haven't felt this shitty or guilty in years.

I really want to apologize to the guy, and I'll do that the next chance I get. I'm seriously on the verge of crying. I don't like telling good people negative things. Especially when I'm given no choice. He's been nothing but a nice person to me, I honestly like the guy. I gave my honest opinion of how I think things will go, but that doesn't make me feel any goddamn better and I am thinking about ditching this stupid goddamn show altogether. I don't care what the goddamn prize is, 2,000 Euros or not. Nothing's worth losing respect for yourself.

Love,
Me
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #1308 on: 14 Mar 2009, 17:05 »

um, to be fair he did find out how she felt... today. it's not like this has been going on for weeks or something. and he also asked for advice as soon as he found out. there's no need to be so harsh, the fact that he's asking for help in the first place and hasn't wasted any time in doing so shows he's looking out for her best interests. not all people are completely terrible all the time.

The situation is a little more complex than this. Yes, I think she uses sex to feel close to somebody. But a) I think it's not just me and b) I know that she also likes the sex for just the sex. Not just for the faux relationship.
Also, she does not follow a traditional school of the word and concept 'love'. I think she had a crush on me from day 1 but it was not a crush about me being a bangable guy. If that makes any sense. A friend-crush, if you will. A frush. Ask someone about it, it's a thing :P.
Like, she calls me 'my little heart' but she also calls her best female friend the same thing. I just happen to be a single guy in the vicinity.

So it's not all I am raging emotional warfare and she's France and just rolls over because she doesn't have any defense capabilities.
Sometimes I'm France and she rolls me over too!

And lastly, she also tells me to enjoy being single and being me. That may be a hidden grasp at an answer like "I don't want to sleep around anymore, I want a relationship" but if she wanted to say that she would.

The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1309 on: 14 Mar 2009, 17:22 »

kinda cunty stuff
"Don't be a jerk!"

I meant it as more of a "Jesus why would you do that?? It is just silly!" than more of a "god you are such an asshole!" I realize now how I came off as pretty cunty, and I apologize. But I don't mean it terribly meanly.

Evernew, I don't mean to be a jerk, but in general, I think you should cut things out with this girl.

And Coward, can you not read? I don't understand the question.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1310 on: 14 Mar 2009, 17:27 »

I don't think he knows that you have dermal implants and didn't understand what you were talking about
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1311 on: 14 Mar 2009, 17:29 »

Whenever life gets me down, I shall watch this video and it will make everything okay again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06CvUjLgK5g

I'm cutting way back on the blogging because I have found that doing stuff about the shit that's going down is more effective than just whining about it. A lot of stuff has not gone my way in the past few months but I'm trying to look past that, and now I can't wait to really get my life moving again. It's been hard work getting this far, and I've got a lot more to come, but I know in the end it'll be better than what I'm stuck doing now.

Also, I totally can't fucking wait for September because I'm gonna go to PAX for the first time, and it's going to be the coolest thing. Oh and I found out that my line manager plays WoW, so we had about 2 hours of geek talk at work on Friday night, which was entirely immense.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #1312 on: 14 Mar 2009, 17:57 »

And Coward, can you not read? I don't understand the question.

Apologies, I meant 'Sorry' as in 'I beg your pardon, but I don't understand what you mean.' Someone has explained it to me now.
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1313 on: 14 Mar 2009, 18:32 »

Dear blog thread,

There is nothing shittier than seeing the look on somebody's face when you tell them that you don't think they're good enough for something you're both working your asses off for. I don't appreciate the journalists serving as a catalyst for drama over at Star Akademi and I never will. They don't give a fuck about our feelings, nobody there does except for us. Having to say no more or no less than 3 people who you think should be eliminated from the competition... fuck, I haven't felt this shitty or guilty in years.

I really want to apologize to the guy, and I'll do that the next chance I get. I'm seriously on the verge of crying. I don't like telling good people negative things. Especially when I'm given no choice. He's been nothing but a nice person to me, I honestly like the guy. I gave my honest opinion of how I think things will go, but that doesn't make me feel any goddamn better and I am thinking about ditching this stupid goddamn show altogether. I don't care what the goddamn prize is, 2,000 Euros or not. Nothing's worth losing respect for yourself.

Love,
Me
Yeah, really. That's another thing that angers me about those competitions. They're basically telling you that you NEED to step on everyone else to get to the top.

And that sucks.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #1314 on: 14 Mar 2009, 20:57 »

So on Saturday. Not today. Well, in four minutes it won't be today but anyway.
On Saturday, people are coming to my house and we will watch movies for 13 hours and 11 minutes. Hopefully, this will become a tradition between my friends and I. That would be amazing.
Here's the list...
Fight Club
The Dark Knight
Moulin Rouge
Amelie
Sweeney Todd
Pan's Labyrinth

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1315 on: 14 Mar 2009, 21:17 »

we do pi day right.

radical dame

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #1316 on: 14 Mar 2009, 21:29 »

So on Saturday. Not today. Well, in four minutes it won't be today but anyway.
On Saturday, people are coming to my house and we will watch movies for 13 hours and 11 minutes. Hopefully, this will become a tradition between my friends and I. That would be amazing.
Here's the list...
Fight Club
The Dark Knight
Moulin Rouge
Amelie
Sweeney Todd
Pan's Labyrinth

Man how does Moulin Rouge fit on that list.  That is like having a really good shrimp cocktail, eating fried shit, and then the best steak of your life.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1317 on: 14 Mar 2009, 21:38 »

Well watching The Dark Knight is like eating a sour candy then eating honey glazed chicken.

It'll only leave your brain confused.
(Epic plot-holes)
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1318 on: 15 Mar 2009, 00:32 »

Man how does Moulin Rouge fit on that list.  That is like having a really good shrimp cocktail, eating fried shit, and then the best steak of your life.

Maybe its because I went to visual and performing arts scools. Maybe its because I like intentionally cheesy love stories. Maybe its because I listen to the dresden dolls.

But I fucking love Moulin Rouge. Can you imagine how fun it would be to perform that musical?? God, its be amazing. Its such a fun story.  I just can't understand why people hate it so much. It makes me think they just don't get it.

Also, art school ruined me. I just finished(for the night, anyway) this awesome piece. Its great and beautiful, and awesome. Except after finishing it, I decided everything on it is wrong and horrible and even though its almost 3am here, I am thinking of calling one of my best friends, and asking him what he thinks I should do. I think the conversation would go as such...:

Me:"whiiinnneeeee what should I do about my picture? Its dumb and stupid whinnneee"
Him:"sigh........go to bed."
Me:"I don't want to go to bed. I'm off tomorrow and I'm gonna finsih this bottle of vodka whinnnnee"
Him:"sigh. Stop drinking and go to bed."
Me:"whine"
Him:"good night, Emaline."

There are reasons as to why I call him my big brother.

Anyway, I bought the Korg cartriage for my DS. Oh em gees I make awesome music.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1319 on: 15 Mar 2009, 01:42 »

Dear blog thread,

Oh thank FUCK we have a day off. First time in two weeks. I may or may not be hanging with the two Kosovar dudes on the show.

I wound up crying myself to sleep last night because of the whole "telling a friend he is just not good enough to even get past the first elimination" thing. And the first chance I'll have to apologize is tomorrow, which happens to be the day of the exams.

Speaking of the exams, a handful of people said my name yesterday when it came time for their opinions on who should leave. I don't know how much that affects who gets booted, but I was the 4th most frequently-spoken name out of a group of 13 people (and the reasons they gave are perfectly legit, and I do not disagree with the reasons at all, having seen video of my performance). Odds are really not in my favor to survive this elimination. Which is goddamn fine by me, I don't ever want to hurt one of these people again.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #1320 on: 15 Mar 2009, 04:48 »

Dear whinge thread.
Fuck dyslexia, truely and utterly fuck it.
Today was the first rehearsal for the play I'm in at the moment (Midsummer night's dream)
And for the most part it went well, all the rest of the cast are really cool, and I was there being my usual semi-awesome self, being loud and funny and showing something like leadership. But then it comes time to do a read through of the play and everyone else is being really clever, and funny or just doing some genuinly good acting but then there's me struggling through barely able to stumble over all my lines, which means that all the others there will go away thinking I'm some sort of brain dead moron who only got into the cast because I'm friends with the director.
argh
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1321 on: 15 Mar 2009, 05:13 »

MANUSCRIPT UPDATE:

I fully expect that at this time next week my manuscript will be finished. I've been working hard on it this weekend and I've ironed out all the little kinks and lingering questions and divided it up properly into chapters (eighteen of them) and now all I have to do is read it through one more time and then I think it'll be finished. If I push myself I can proof-read the whole thing in the next five days, leaving next weekend free to do any last-last-minute polishing, then it's time to try and find a publisher!

At last count: seven drafts for the section of the story set in the present, four for the section set in the past, and four for the whole thing with both storylines combined. That's quite a lot of work.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1322 on: 15 Mar 2009, 06:49 »

Congratulations Harry!  That's awesome, and super impressive!

I hope the next steps go well!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1323 on: 15 Mar 2009, 13:41 »

Guys! I am a master baker/painter and I rock so much, and omnomnomnomnom I am baking banana bread right now and I fucking rock!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1324 on: 15 Mar 2009, 16:30 »

Today my mother and I primed our sun room and will probably finish painting it tomorrow. Goodbye ugly ugly paneling and hello bright and cheery room. I may actually have a nice, well lit place for reading finally!

Also, the local ice cream shop chain has brought back their blueberry pie ice cream from last year. I am so excited. It is the best thing.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1325 on: 15 Mar 2009, 16:48 »

But tonight I might be going out with her! Crazy! (not on a date, though)

Results: I have fallen completely in love on friday.

But: As I found out just an hour ago, that doesn't matter because apparently she doesn't want me.

Welcome to about 6 months of self-pity! Yay!

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #1326 on: 15 Mar 2009, 17:17 »

I fucking love Moulin Rouge.
This is how.

Maybe I like it because I'm into theatre stuff but I find it really amazing.

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1327 on: 15 Mar 2009, 18:29 »

Dear Mog Ped,

For the last month I've been directing a play I've written to be performed at my school, while starring in the manistage (1 act, about 25 minutes long, while mine is about 15 minutes long) and acting as a minor character in another student's play. This means that every lunch hour until April is accounted for and the same with every day after school. Tomorrow we perform to see if we are able to take my play to Calgary's drama festival. Problem is, I am regretting even writing the damn thing. The other two plays I go up against are really good (one a seriously creative drama written by a girl I am in love with and the other a comedy that was accepted before it was even written) while mine is a detective genre parody.

With much angst,

I.

Ps. This is the first time I've posted here. Woo.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1328 on: 15 Mar 2009, 18:44 »

Pleaase please plllleasseee tell me that your play is entitled "Sad Clown: The Biography Of John Wayne Gacy, A Musical!" and it remains true to its title. Please.

Or or or

"The Second Tallest Man From Illinois: The Mostly True Tale Of America's Greatest President, Abraham Lincoln. A Musical!"

(ITT we learn that Emaline prefers life as a musical)
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2009, 18:48 by Emaline »

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #1329 on: 15 Mar 2009, 18:45 »

Dear AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH,

I injured my index finger at work today and it fucking hurts.  It's nothing serious but I have to play two jazz concert-type-deals tomorrow and then two the next day.  This means I either have to play through it or not use that finger, both of which will be very frustrating.

dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1330 on: 15 Mar 2009, 18:52 »

Pleaase please plllleasseee tell me that your play is entitled "Sad Clown: The Biography Of John Wayne Gacy, A Musical!" and it remains true to its title. Please.

Or or or

"The Second Tallest Man From Illinois: The Mostly True Tale Of America's Greatest President, Abraham Lincoln. A Musical!"

(ITT we learn that Emaline prefers life as a musical)

Actually it is called "Mr. Wolfe, Paranormal Detective" but tune in next week when our hero has regrets over submitting:

"The Miracle Musical Worker"

(Note: I am not actually such an awful person, I just know what makes a good musical)

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #1331 on: 15 Mar 2009, 19:10 »

I would totally write this
it's time to stop posting

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1332 on: 15 Mar 2009, 19:14 »

I want both of these musicals to be made, guys.

I'm working on the John Wayne Gacy one, despite everyone telling me it'd be offencive, and I'd need to apologize to the families of the victims.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1333 on: 15 Mar 2009, 19:15 »

You'd get away with it if it was avant-garde. There's already a Charles Manson opera.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1334 on: 15 Mar 2009, 19:44 »

I don't know if avant garde would be the words to descibe it.

I want to tell the story of a real american horror. It such a surreal story. I want to explore everyone's emotions in the story. And tell it from everyone's point of view. It just interests me so much.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1335 on: 15 Mar 2009, 19:48 »

...and also make it a musical.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1336 on: 15 Mar 2009, 19:56 »

Actually, I don't think I have heard anything by them yet.

As of now (=since I've heard the news) I've mostly been listening to Bob Dylan and an album by a danish band that played at the place I worked at on Saturday, which I have bought there.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1337 on: 15 Mar 2009, 20:02 »

...and also make it a musical.

I still want to have fun with it. And I dare you to tell me that music isn't emotional.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1338 on: 15 Mar 2009, 20:02 »

I was listening to some music earlier, and I have a lot of random tracks from people. Bad Brains was playing and I noticed myself air guitaring as I was reading something. As soon as I noticed and went "Wow. I'm really lame" the song ends and The Rose by Bette Midler plays. It was the best timing ever and I am happy because of it.

Less awesomely, I got a call from a friend last night at 3am crying and asking me to pick him up, though he didn't know where he was. I found him passed out in a snowbank. The irony of this is that all my friends know that if I was ever to kill myself, my plan is to get really really drunk and pass out outside in the winter and freeze to death in my sleep. That could have happened to him. (He is ok though)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1339 on: 15 Mar 2009, 20:11 »

Rumours is one of the best sulking/feeling sorry for yourself records ever.
I'm partial to The Idiot myself.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1340 on: 15 Mar 2009, 20:35 »

I head straight for the first disc of 69 Love Songs.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1341 on: 15 Mar 2009, 20:38 »

You'd get away with it if it was avant-garde. There's already a Charles Manson opera.
I swore you said Charles Mingus and said "Wait, Emaline was right..." (The Clown)
My Last.FM

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1342 on: 15 Mar 2009, 20:51 »

Great album.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1343 on: 15 Mar 2009, 21:25 »

So hello Interblag.

My weekend was awesome. Except when you hit the part where it comes back to bite you. No, I don't mean a hangover, I mean feeling out of whack due to lack of sleep/taking back that sleep time.

Friday, hell I can't even remember Friday. All I know is that I was over at UWI (I spend more time there now, sorry Em) watching hot girls dance.

Ok, I remember now. I was supposed to go watch a Grimm Tales play, but when I got to the hall that the play was being held, the friend who was supposed to show me where it was instead brought me to her dance recital practice. Which I didn't mind, because y'know... Watching hot girls dance. A couple minutes later, another UWI female friend of mine popped up (she's in the recital also), so we were hanging out. Which was fun.

Anyhoo, I had called another friend (who lives close to UWI) to pick me and my male friend up, and take us to the youth meeting at church, which was pretty fun.

Anyhoo, Saturday was our church's Health Fair (This church is eating my free time) so I spent the day volunteering with a bunch of friends, including the Med student who picked me up on Friday (she was volunteering as a pediatrician), and a girl who goes to school in Chicago who came to visit for Spring break. Came home, and spent the rest of the day playing Silkroad.

TODAY OMG I WAS SO TIRED. Going to bed at 3, bad idea. Waking up at 7 for (you guessed it) church, worse idea. I came home at 1 and bombed until 6. Had dinner and went back to sleep.

... This weekend was fun. Let's never do it again.
My Last.FM

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1344 on: 15 Mar 2009, 23:26 »

Hi again blog thread.
I've made a mistake choosing to work overnights. I asked for Friday nights off initially because I hang out with friends. Then (two weeks ago) I asked for Saturday nights off as well. They laughed and asked why. I told them that it is pretty hard to go out when you have to go to work at 11. Especially when the people you want to go out with have work or college in the morning on the weekdays. So when the schedule for this week showed up I was happy since I had Friday and Saturday off. And then I get to work today only to see that they decided to switch my Saturday off for Thursday. I guess there are a lot of checkouts on Sunday morning or something.
That doesn't mean I'm happy about it and I think in the 3 months I've been here I haven't seen management put out a schedule that hasn't been changed at least once after it was posted.

Also, and this is just icing on the cake, they still think its okay to have only one person working overnight unless its really really busy. And that is just bullshit. Like the schedule. This place runs terribly. I hate working overnights.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #1345 on: 16 Mar 2009, 00:55 »

I head straight for the first disc of 69 Love Songs.

only disc 1? Of the 69 songs i can't remember 10 actually happy ones.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1346 on: 16 Mar 2009, 00:56 »

More angry cookinnnnnng!

I get home from Sydney on sunday and notice that the dishes I left in the sink from a week ago haven't been touched. This was a bowl with some muffin making utensils in it (muffins the boys in the house ate most of, I might add) and a saucepan from when I made dinner on the tuesday and cooked mashed potato. Now as well as that there was an accumulation of dishes from throughout the week that were just left on the benches. I have used up the last of the clean forks. Seeing as I washed their dishes to make those muffins, I figured someone would wash these ones in return. Ha.

Dad sits in the shed smoking, watching TV and fuckin' drinking all day, the house is a shambles and the least he could do is wash the fuckin' dishes seeing as I have to make him his fuckin' dinner that he probably doesn't eat anyway!

This chilli con carne is pretty dang tasty for angry cooking, I must admit. So that is two fer two, maybe I should cook while pissed off more often?
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Gilead

« Reply #1347 on: 16 Mar 2009, 01:18 »

Dear blog thread, I hate school, and life, and my day, gonna go take an anger shit.

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #1348 on: 16 Mar 2009, 02:13 »

That's probably a good way to give yourself haemorrhoids.
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1349 on: 16 Mar 2009, 02:30 »

I don't know if avant garde would be the words to descibe it.

I want to tell the story of a real american horror. It such a surreal story. I want to explore everyone's emotions in the story. And tell it from everyone's point of view. It just interests me so much.

You know, before the whole project collapsed, I was involved in the making of a musical version of Lord of the Flies. I was so disappointed that it never got past the drawing board.

Dear blog thread,

Yesterday was a day off. I admit, before the show, I was not very content with laying around the house, doing fuck-all all the time. But yesterday? Man that is the last thing I wanted to stop doing. Funny how two solid 42-hour weeks of hair-pulling stress can do that to you.

While we're on the subject of anger shits: Today is exam day and I think I will just enter the vocal booth, drop trou, and leave a giant steamer for everybody to enjoy. That is how I feel about this stupid shitty show right now.

Love,
Me
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 90   Go Up