THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748275 times)

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #1350 on: 16 Mar 2009, 07:20 »

Dear blog thread,

Today I'm supposed to write my assignment, but I am not feeling productive at all so I'm doing random stuff on the internet instead. As a result I've learned that it's the Norwegian prime ministers birthday today, and I came across this picture of him from the 80's.

Yeah uh... Happy birthday mr. Stoltenberg, thank you for making me laugh.

Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1351 on: 16 Mar 2009, 07:28 »

Scandinavia has the most amazing politicians.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #1352 on: 16 Mar 2009, 08:00 »

I did a carpenter.
That is all.
No other news.
I'm pretty much a one trick pony these days.
But the trick (pretty random sex) is getting old.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #1353 on: 16 Mar 2009, 08:31 »

Dear Blog Thread,

Work is awesome I am awesome also I am smoking weed using a tooheys new can modified into a makeshift pipe right now aw yeah. When shit is going right like this I don't even care about the fact that I am hopeless at interpersonal relationships.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1354 on: 16 Mar 2009, 08:44 »

i wish my housemate who lives in the room next to mine would either make her alarm clock loud enough to wake her up or quiet enough that i don't hear it blaring in my room cos i am getting really sick of being woken up by an hour of BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP in the morning, i have said something to her already but it happened again today and now i am in a terrible mood. arrghhhhh.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1355 on: 16 Mar 2009, 09:10 »

Haha, Kris, I opened that newspaper's website in class, and when that thing appeared on my screen, someone behind me broke out giggling and didn't stop for like 10 minutes.

I was a good student today! I woke up at 7:30, went to school at 8:30 even though I didn't have class until 15, and studied all day, minus an hour where I hung out and talked to a friend I hadn't seen in a while (the one I for some reason declined having dinner with on Friday). This is progress! I can't even remember if I have ever spent the entire day at school studying when I didn't have class and generally doing what students are "supposed" to do. I think I'll repeat it tomorrow, because now I feel really good about myself, even though I only got through a tiiiny fraction of what needs to be done for me not to be behind anymore, and for once I can chill all afternoon without constantly having "Oh, I should really really be studying" in the back of my mind.

In other news, I found out my best friend has had a boyfriend for a month? And I didn't know? I knew we were kinda drifting apart and all since she moved in with a couple of other people and started , and that she probably doesn't consider me her best friend anymore, but still, it made me feel really weird. Sigh, I need to find more/new friends.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #1356 on: 16 Mar 2009, 10:23 »

When shit is going right like this I don't even care about the fact that I am hopeless at interpersonal relationships.

that is pretty much how i feel all the time! it's actually pretty great.

blog:
one of my two roomates has been gone for about 3 weeks now and he just got back yesterday! yay!
bonus points because he brought his cousin with him who literally just stopped doing heroin like two days ago and is now withdrawling on my couch.  :|

she is a nice girl though, i hope she can get through it and feel better soon.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1357 on: 16 Mar 2009, 11:16 »

blog thread,  i hardly slept last night and this morning had to leave for work at 5:15 to drive two hours to NH for a work session that isn't even owned by me to work a 13 hour day and not go home tonight and repeat again tomorrow and i'm very caffeinated so as not to fall asleep in front of senior executives of the company and get fired and am instead hyper as all hell and not using any punctuation.

i am sorry.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1358 on: 16 Mar 2009, 13:16 »

i wish my housemate who lives in the room next to mine would either make her alarm clock loud enough to wake her up or quiet enough that i don't hear it blaring in my room cos i am getting really sick of being woken up by an hour of BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP in the morning, i have said something to her already but it happened again today and now i am in a terrible mood. arrghhhhh.

My housemate a few years ago left his clock on after he left, so I would get woken up by it while he was biking to work. I just went into his room and unplugged it. Stopped the alarm and the blinking digits served as a helpful reminder to him not to leave it on or he'd have to reset it every night before bed.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1359 on: 16 Mar 2009, 14:16 »

Guys I totally accepted and declined my university offers! (not both for all of them obviously)

In the end it came down to economics, basically. That is depressing.

Can I live on £5000 a year? I think so.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1360 on: 16 Mar 2009, 14:41 »

Dear blog thread,

You know how today was supposed to be the exam? Well, the producers changed their minds. They also neglected to tell me that there had been a schedule change for today, which meant that if it had been, not only would I have missed a day, I would've missed the exam, leaving me COMPLETELY FUCKED.

I was so pissed off over not being told a single word of this until I had already missed the friggin' rehearsal, but I was relieved that they decided not to have the exam today. I don't know if my absence had something to do with it but whatever, I'm REALLY HAPPY. I guess the exam is this Friday.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1361 on: 16 Mar 2009, 14:52 »

Guys I totally accepted and declined my university offers! (not both for all of them obviously)

In the end it came down to economics, basically. That is depressing.

Can I live on £5000 a year? I think so.

Where are you goingggggg?!
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1362 on: 16 Mar 2009, 14:57 »

If I manage to pull 90% out of the bag on 12 exams and two pieces of coursework, Cambridge.
In the real world, Birmingham.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1363 on: 16 Mar 2009, 15:01 »

So my girlfriend just found out she wasn't admitted to the state university I'm going to. Which means our options are to either spend another year 100 miles apart only seeing each other every few weeks, or for me to move back in with my parents and go to community college with her.

Shit.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1364 on: 16 Mar 2009, 15:13 »

Normally that would be my immediate choice as well. But we've been going out for almost 2 years now, and I intend to propose over the summer. And she has some major issues with the distance that have been wearing her down for a year.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1365 on: 16 Mar 2009, 15:18 »

If I manage to pull 90% out of the bag on 12 exams and two pieces of coursework, Cambridge.
In the real world, Birmingham.

Hell yes! Nicely done, May.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1366 on: 16 Mar 2009, 15:19 »

Normally that would be my immediate choice as well. But we've been going out for almost 2 years now, and I intend to propose over the summer. And she has some major issues with the distance that have been wearing her down for a year.

If it's that big a problem, defer college for a year.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1367 on: 16 Mar 2009, 15:57 »

A lot depends on circumstances. Do you have the money to take a few light semesters at the community college? Would classes taken during such a time be transferrable to your uni? You're pretty young. If you're serious about this girl you can make a semester or two at community college (or time off from school, as Harry suggested) work for you. If community college doesn't work for you, don't do it. Get a job, save up some money for the ring or the wedding or cohabitation and shit. Get a fucking hobby, I don't know.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1368 on: 16 Mar 2009, 16:55 »

Or could she attend community college in the town where your university is?  It might be a little pricier, but that way you wouldn't have to put things on hold.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1369 on: 16 Mar 2009, 17:10 »

It is so quiet here today. I wandered around outside because the house is cold, and there is no sound coming from any of the houses either side of us and the only sound from my house is my radio, which is still really quiet. I really like peace and quiet, especially when I have been stressing lately (which I have been), but it's not a happy quiet. My poor old Stoney is looking sadder than usual, the backyard is a shambles of dying plants and overgrown lawns, and inside the place is full of dirty dishes and generally unkempt stuff.

I could live here and be happy here if it was quiet like this, and it would be like this if it was just Ro and me living here, because he is not here much. But with Dad here everything just looks and feels sad, which in turn makes me sad. It makes me want to stop going to uni and slowly clean this place up so that it is nice again, but it wouldn't last and I probably still wouldn't be happy. Maybe I will just buy some flower plants and look after them so there is some colour around here.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1370 on: 16 Mar 2009, 21:19 »

Frog Breads,

I went to see Dropkick Murphys with a friend. The opening acts (well, first guy aside) were TERRIBLE. Stigma, Vinny especially, were so full of themselves. "Godfathers of hardcore", bullshit. They were obnoxious, full of themselves, loud, and had stupid accents. Basically, they were a complete stereotype of New York City (surprise, they were from there). Honestly, I think they got the support gig because Vinny is apparently Al Barr's uncle.

Black 47 sounded like if your dad had an Irish friend and he started a jam band.

But the Murphys were terrific. And I danced with a cute lady! And we did a fair bit of moshing. Plus I busted out what may have been the worst pickup line in the history of punk rock, and she thought it was great. Too bad I didn't see her at the end of the show so I could get her number.

Apparently my social awkwardness goes away at punk shows? Hoorah!

Also, I took an elbow to the skull and I guess I blacked out for a minute? I remember doubling over and someone asking me if I was okay, and the next thing, they brought me to the bar and the bartending was handing me a cup of water. I may feel this in the morning. =/
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2009, 21:21 by valley_parade »
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #1371 on: 16 Mar 2009, 21:25 »

Plus I busted out what may have been the worst pickup line in the history of punk rock

which is?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1372 on: 16 Mar 2009, 21:27 »

Apparently my social awkwardness goes away at punk shows?

Also, I took an elbow to the skull and I guess I blacked out for a minute?

Concussion: the great tongue-loosener.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1373 on: 16 Mar 2009, 22:00 »

I bought a totally cute dress today, because it was on sale, and I surprisingly look fucking adorable in it. I'm pretty happy with this outcome.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1374 on: 16 Mar 2009, 22:20 »

Plus I busted out what may have been the worst pickup line in the history of punk rock

which is?

"All the pits in the world, and you had to be in this one."

I deadpanned it for a second, then cracked a smile.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #1375 on: 16 Mar 2009, 23:01 »

So, Club Med.  Good news and bad news.

I just got approved for a new place that is $140/wk cheaper than my current place.  This is a good thing.  For those who know Newtown, it is up King Street a bit from my current place right near Citrus, Tamanas and Clem's goddamn motherfuckin' chicken.  I went to pay the deposit/bond/rent/etc today and on the way back I picked up some Clem's and a coffee from Citrus as a sort of mini-celebration.  It is only a 1 bedder and the kitchen is kind of shit, but it's got a lock-up garage I can put a bunch of my crap into and still fit my car in (my car is not very big) or I could fill it full of crap and park on the street, as I do already, because my car isn't really worth locking up.  I'll get pics and stuff later for those who care, although I'll also be inviting pretty much everyone who I'd imagine would care around for a housewarming type thing once I'm settled, so I dunno if it's quite necessary.

Anyway, bad news is I was made redundant yesterday.  The company is in some financial trouble and has been shedding people.  They were initially trying to fire me (because the HR guy and the owners are cunts), but they couldn't find anything to catch me up on, so they cut their losses and gave me a redundancy payout.  SO I guess that's a small victory?  I dunno.  Maybe more of a consolation prize.  So now I get to look for a new job!  Huzzah!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1376 on: 16 Mar 2009, 23:15 »

What is a redundancy payout, exactly? And what does it mean to become "redundant"? Such pecular terms.

Also, blog thread, buying my cute dress, getting a sweet tattoo, and getting new awesome underoos(which are now my Super Hero Underwear, because I feel like/look like a super hero in them.*) and painting the most awesome picture ever, has made me feel like a pretty great person. I feel awesome right now and I am neither high nor drunk! Maybe a little underfed and sleep deprived, but that's totally fine.

*for those of you who do not know, I also have super hero gloves, and my powers already picked out. I just need a few more things and my outfit is complete. Like white fishnets. To go with my blue underoos and my yellow gloves. I don't know what my super hero name would be though, and I think I am more of a troubled super villian type anyway.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1377 on: 16 Mar 2009, 23:35 »

What is a redundancy payout, exactly? And what does it mean to become "redundant"? Such pecular terms.

It means he was "let go" from his job, but not because of anything he did but rather because his employers couldn't afford to keep employing him any more. They gave him some money as compensation.

(Sometimes in the news here somebody they'll talk about some executive or something being given a very large amount of money when he or she leaves the company, and the reporter will refer to it as something like a "record payout" or a "huge payout", and I imagine the executive getting, in the vernacular, "paid out" - that is, insulted heavily.)

Also Blog Thread, while I was writing this four military helicopters flew over my house, very low and very noisy. I hope we're not being invaded, that would be inconvenient.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1378 on: 16 Mar 2009, 23:39 »

Blog Thread,
Woke up at 10:00pm, put water on hair to make it not stick up, brushed teeth, grabbed mountain dew. Now at work. Slow night. Boring. Wish I wasn't so alone.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1379 on: 16 Mar 2009, 23:47 »

Ben that is shitty news! I hope you can find something soon. (But also, yay for the new house!)
Fingers crossed, big hugs, etc!
(initially I typed 'bug hugs' but that could be somewhat unsettling)

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1380 on: 16 Mar 2009, 23:57 »

Well, the time has come for me to give a few presentations on my graduation project. *nervous*
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1381 on: 17 Mar 2009, 04:00 »

I've started looking for apartments because of Issues!

The most pertinant being that now that my lease has run out for the house I'm currently living in, HOUSEMATE X and I casually asked our landlady when she would like to come around so we can re-sign for another 6 months. She, in a rather shifty sounding voice, said that she doesn't usually resign leases unless there is "some majoyr problem". This basically means that she could kick us out without any prior notice and we'd have to leave as soon as possible without any legal recourse or having anywhere else to go. We're going to ask her one more time and if she still says no we're going to find a two bedroom flat somewhere and fulfill our dream of living like Joey and Chandler from Friends. The hardest part, of course, is finding an apartment that is across from two moderately attractive and supremely annoying women.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1382 on: 17 Mar 2009, 04:41 »

... and finding a well adjusted duck and chicken, I pressume?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1383 on: 17 Mar 2009, 06:01 »

The hardest part, of course, is finding an apartment that is across from two moderately attractive and supremely annoying women.

You don't live in a Uni town, do you? Just move in across from ex-sorority girls. SOLVED!

I have been asking around the music forum for help, and I have decided that I think I am ready for today. I am going to rock the FUCK out of that vocal booth today and if the professor doesn't shit himself from the raw energy I will put out today, he is not a human being.

Also, my breakfast today was beer, because HAPPY ST. ME DAY, EVERYBODY

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1384 on: 17 Mar 2009, 06:18 »

This is Australia, Patrick.

We don't really have uni towns. Uni's kind of just exist within the city. Very very few people actually live on campus.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1385 on: 17 Mar 2009, 06:25 »

Also, do we have sororities? I don't think so, but I haven't been to uni in a while.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1386 on: 17 Mar 2009, 06:29 »

No we don't. No fraternities, no sororities and the VSU pretty much killed any semblance of a social scene at my old uni. Universities are, now more than ever, becoming giant degree factories. The only student organisations that still run are the various bible and qu'ran study groups and Resistance (The Socialist Alliance's student arm).

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1387 on: 17 Mar 2009, 06:50 »

Ah, Resistance. Natural home of the Che Guevara key-ring.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1388 on: 17 Mar 2009, 06:54 »

I once decided to wear a black beret to uni (keep in mind I also wear black boots and black fatigue pants). Apparently this was somewhat akin to wearing a big sign around my neck saying "Please assume that I agree with your ridiculous political leanings and silly conspiracy theories." I had no less than three different Resistance people come up to me, clearly thinking I was one of them.

This is why I don't wear hats.

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #1389 on: 17 Mar 2009, 07:52 »

I once decided to wear a black beret to uni (keep in mind I also wear black boots and black fatigue pants). Apparently this was somewhat akin to wearing a big sign around my neck saying "Please assume that I agree with your ridiculous political leanings and silly conspiracy theories." I had no less than three different Resistance people come up to me, clearly thinking I was one of them.

This is why I don't wear hats.

Ah, this is an important lesson we should all learn at an early age. Berets, outside of the military, only look good on one man: Samuel L. Jackson.

Why? Because he's one bad motherfucker.
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1390 on: 17 Mar 2009, 08:40 »

I think Prince would disagree.

ETA: fuck. I have that song stuck in my head now.

Also, I'm paranoid and worried that I don't look half as cute as I thought in this dress, and I tried to get my one male friend who has seen a lot of my legs tell me that I have good legs and should not be worried about them, but his only response to my freaking out was "Stop being paranoid"
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2009, 09:13 by Emaline »

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1391 on: 17 Mar 2009, 15:29 »

Dear blog thread,

My scouring of the internet has paid off like a motherfuck. Some of you might remember me bitching about how the professor wanted more showmanship and more visible signs of emotion. Well, I took some suggestions I was given after I started a thread about it in the music forum. And today, everybody said I had come alive. I am so friggin' happy right now, you have no idea!

Love,
Me!

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #1392 on: 17 Mar 2009, 15:51 »

Hello guys.

Good news: I am having fun and going home for easter soon, potential for choclate and additional moonwah.

Bad news: My laptop has been stolen, fortunatly most of my seminars this term were on paper.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1393 on: 17 Mar 2009, 18:18 »

my friends invited me downtown to drink with them for st. patrick's day but i decided to stay at home and play rock band with my housemate instead even though i have the entire day off tomorrow, also we are both completely sober.
am i a complete loser??

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1394 on: 17 Mar 2009, 18:25 »

No you are an Adult.

So yes. Welcome to the club!
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1395 on: 17 Mar 2009, 18:28 »

i'm sure i have friends but lately i kind of feel like i don't because i just don't ever feel like leaving my house, or seeing them, or... doing... anything at all with them really. i'm not even like, busy with anything.
i think it is less that i am an adult and more that sometime in the last few months me and my housemate have somehow become a really lame married couple. all we do is watch tv and go to bed at 10pm. a bloo bloo blooooo

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1396 on: 17 Mar 2009, 18:37 »

Yeah I know what you mean.

Why not have people over?
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1397 on: 17 Mar 2009, 18:44 »

Dang, Tania we can trade. We should trade!! I work a lameo 40 hour a week job and guess who went out (this was last week) Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? That was me. I did.

Last night I went to my friends' place and watched Zach Galifinakis Live at the Purple Onion and drank and played Boom Blox until 2am then we got up and went to the bar at 8:30 this morning for their St. Patrick's day Guinness and chocolate donuts breakfast, then drank more Guinness and stayed there and ate their corned beef and cabbage for lunch and had some green beer. I think I had like 8 beers over all but it was over such a long time frame that it didn't affect me. But then I went and paid my parking tickets and went for a bike ride and the stupid gas station doesn't have a stupid air hose anymore (my tires are low) and went back to the bar, at that point it was super busy and there was no place to sit so I left early.

Edit? The only reason I did go out as much as I did is because I know I've been heck of depressed lately, and I know that one of the signals or symptoms or whatever is not finding enjoyment in the things you used to enjoy, or something to that effect, and I'm much more anxious than depressed so I worry about that and the depression getting worse than what it is so I go out a lot in an effort to be social and see my friends and meet new people and I do all those things but I really don't think it's helping.
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2009, 18:48 by BrittanyMarie »
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #1398 on: 17 Mar 2009, 20:05 »

Being social and outgoing is all well and good if you have some level of self control but I think I've proved that I still don't and possibly never will. Thus, I'm going to try to do the hermit thing again, see how it works out.

I have the same problem but am just so naturally loose and predisposed to spending lots of time in bars that it is practically futile for me to attempt this. On the upside I have a Friday night off and I intend to spend it at home by myself possibly reading a book! At the very least I can go to a show where I don't know anyone and remain quietly in a corner nursing a beer and enjoying some silly men and women with guitars.

Lets see how that one goes.

Also work remains frustratingly awesome. On one hand a lot of old ways I did stuff have been thrown out the window which is annoying when I try to help, but on the other hand I am in no actual position of responsibility so I don't have to give a shit! Also contradictory managers are still driving me nuts but its getting less and less frequent. Also one of my old managers came in for a chat, muttered that it was "criminal" that they were only giving the best employee they have 3 shifts (he is talking about me here, I am the best employee. ME.) a week and then said I should come with with him at his current venue which is a fancy lawyer bar. Most of my friends are studying to become lawyers so this could be a synergistic career choice!
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2009, 20:11 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #1399 on: 17 Mar 2009, 22:02 »

Dear Blog Thread: I am starting to actually like that crap Cut Copy album! This has caught me off gaurd and now I have to back peddle if I mention liking it to someone to whom I've already referred to the album as bad. I need music snob opinions on this album. I am looking at you, Emilio...
I like the way you work it.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 90   Go Up