THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748118 times)

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #1400 on: 17 Mar 2009, 22:18 »

Frog's breath,
Well there it is. Broke up with my girlfriend. I very much hope she is okay. She wasn't really surprised, which is not to say she wasn't sobbing. Shit. Oh well. She'll probably get over it, and now she knows the truth, which is that I no longer love her.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #1401 on: 17 Mar 2009, 22:25 »

Dear Blog Thread: I am starting to actually like that crap Cut Copy album! This has caught me off gaurd and now I have to back peddle if I mention liking it to someone to whom I've already referred to the album as bad. I need music snob opinions on this album. I am looking at you, Emilio...

It is a fairly good album with a couple of massive singles (see: Hearts On Fire)
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1402 on: 17 Mar 2009, 22:33 »

I just went shopping for the first time in absolute ages! I bought some comfy shoes that were on sale for work (will post in fashion thread later), used a gift card I got for christmas to buy some snuggly new PJ pants, and got myself a red velvet cupcake and a little bunch of flowers on the way home. Yay!

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #1403 on: 17 Mar 2009, 22:41 »

I think Prince would disagree.

ETA: fuck. I have that song stuck in my head now.
Fuck yes I have that song stuck in my head now.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1404 on: 17 Mar 2009, 23:26 »

So some girl on OkCupid messaged me and we just got off the phone and we're going on a date this weekend and I am talking in run-on sentences because she's pretty fantastic.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1405 on: 17 Mar 2009, 23:51 »

Don't fuck this up, Shane.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1406 on: 18 Mar 2009, 01:10 »

I just went shopping for the first time in absolute ages! I bought some comfy shoes that were on sale for work (will post in fashion thread later), used a gift card I got for christmas to buy some snuggly new PJ pants, and got myself a red velvet cupcake and a little bunch of flowers on the way home. Yay!

Today I went shopping too!

My digital audio recorder thingy arrived in the post (goddamn it's so good and came with a set of sweet headphones, too) so I went shopping to find him a nice, cosy little padded house and a tripod. Also, I bought a milkshake and a bottle of wine. Mmm... consumerisationism. 

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1407 on: 18 Mar 2009, 01:55 »

She's going to murder you, Shane.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #1408 on: 18 Mar 2009, 04:12 »

Dear Blog Thread,

I have had a bit of time on my hands recently and, about 8 years behind a significant proportion of the TV watching world, have started watching the first season of 24.

Jack Bauer; what can't this man do?
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1409 on: 18 Mar 2009, 05:02 »

She's going to murder you, Shane.

...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1410 on: 18 Mar 2009, 05:05 »

Spend a quiet evening with his family.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #1411 on: 18 Mar 2009, 06:12 »

Alternate facial expressions?
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #1412 on: 18 Mar 2009, 06:37 »

Spend a quiet evening with his family.

Him and Roman Polanski...
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Roman Polanski

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1413 on: 18 Mar 2009, 06:58 »

Is not funny!  :cry:

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1414 on: 18 Mar 2009, 06:59 »

Aggro-Crag Thread,

So this Saturday, some friends want me over for a little get-together, if only because I'm actually of age to buy alcamahol. Any tips on not tipping off the liquor store clerk to potentially buying liquor for underage dudes?

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1415 on: 18 Mar 2009, 07:00 »

... don't tell him that's what you're buying it for? Don't take your friends with you into the store?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1416 on: 18 Mar 2009, 07:19 »

So this Saturday, some friends want me over for a little get-together, if only because I'm actually of age to buy alcamahol. Any tips on not tipping off the liquor store clerk to potentially buying liquor for underage dudes?

Don't refer to it as "alcomahol".

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #1417 on: 18 Mar 2009, 07:45 »

Dear Blog thread,

Yesterday took a rather unexpected turn. I had gone up to the hospital to see about what I thought was a broken coccyx. Went to A&E and the guy told me it was most definitely not a broken coccyx but it was a pretty nasty abscess and because of the position it was in (right in between my but cheeks at the top of my ass) I'd have to get it surgically removed rather than get antibiotics. So I ended up getting operated on at about 8pm ( I went up to the hospital at 10am). The general anaesthetic was wonderful. The anaesthetist kept asking me how I felt as I was breathing it in, the last thing I remember saying is "Every things gone fuzzy, I feel like I'm part of the fuzz". The good thing about all of this is I am no longer in excruciating pain, the bad news is that because it was an abscess they can't close the wound up incase it gets reinfected. Instead they leave it open and stuff it full of sterilsed dressing. This means I now have a surprisingly large hole where it shouldn't be in my bum and I pretty much can't do any sports till it heals up, which will be at least a month from now. This sucks because by the time it heals the easter holidays will be over and I'll have to start revising for exams.

Oh well

Get off my land

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1418 on: 18 Mar 2009, 07:54 »

I wish you a speedy recovery and no discomfort whatsoever.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1419 on: 18 Mar 2009, 09:13 »

ledhendrix... are you saying that... that the hospital tore you a new one?
My mom had always threatened it... but I never thought it true.

Christophe: don't take your friends in with you, and if the dude asks, be like "turned 21 X  ago (x= the amount of time it was) and I'm throwing a party." Or something else that isn't an explicit lie but not the full truth.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1420 on: 18 Mar 2009, 09:28 »

I used to write case summaries about stuff like that at work all the time, and in like 90% of the cases, it was young-ish boys. I always found that sort of weird, but also hoped it'd never happen to me.

But yeah, hope you avoid infections and all that crap!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1421 on: 18 Mar 2009, 10:14 »

Dear Lou Reed,

The cops seem to be out a lot today and this worries me. A lot. Me and cops are not best friends. I don't know why is worries me so much, because I live with in walking distance of a police station, and fire department(which I have a funny story about), a court house, four lawyers offices, and the sheriff's department/place where they hold prisoners. Cops are always out, but today they seem to be everywhere. I've seen more probation trucks than I have ever seen in my life today.

Funny story about the fire station: Across the street from the fire department is the new Autotire. What happened to the old Autotire? It burned down. It caught fire, in the middle of the day, and burned to the ground. Across from the fire department. Yep.

Today I went to my cigarette store to buy a pack of cloves, and the lady informed me that in April the price of cigarettes were going up due to taxes. Which I already know. She then told me that if I bought 9 packs of my cigarettes, she would give me my 10th pack free. This idea amuses me so much for some reason. 

So after buying my one pack of cloves, I walked to the bus station and smoked my first cigarette in two days. It's just been two days, and already I was all dying for a cigarette. And then today, I felt all dizzy after smoking. My body is weird. But god damn I love smoking.

And I have Bitches ain't shit stuck in my head. Bitches can't hang with the street
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1422 on: 18 Mar 2009, 10:17 »

Well, its done.

Endreport finished, 2 presentations presented, endevaluation evaluated, recommendations recommended (and, incoorporated and in the process of beeing put into action!)

6 years of studying. T is done. (well, ok, i still need to give a presentation and defend my project, but meh)

Now, i am in dire need of food :)
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1423 on: 18 Mar 2009, 13:20 »

Dear Blog thread,

Yesterday took a rather unexpected turn. I had gone up to the hospital to see about what I thought was a broken coccyx. Went to A&E and the guy told me it was most definitely not a broken coccyx but it was a pretty nasty abscess and because of the position it was in (right in between my but cheeks at the top of my ass) I'd have to get it surgically removed rather than get antibiotics. So I ended up getting operated on at about 8pm ( I went up to the hospital at 10am). The general anaesthetic was wonderful. The anaesthetist kept asking me how I felt as I was breathing it in, the last thing I remember saying is "Every things gone fuzzy, I feel like I'm part of the fuzz". The good thing about all of this is I am no longer in excruciating pain, the bad news is that because it was an abscess they can't close the wound up incase it gets reinfected. Instead they leave it open and stuff it full of sterilsed dressing. This means I now have a surprisingly large hole where it shouldn't be in my bum and I pretty much can't do any sports till it heals up, which will be at least a month from now. This sucks because by the time it heals the easter holidays will be over and I'll have to start revising for exams.

Oh well

No way dude! This happened to me! I thought it was a broken coccyx, too, and I was repeatedly misdiagnosed before I found out what it really was. Sooo painful and unfun, my extreme sympathies. I actually joined this forum when I was home from school because I couldn't sit down.

Look on the bright side, at least they put you under when they removed it! They just gave me local anesthesia and sliced it open but I'm pretty sure that the anesthesia didn't work because I cannot remember ever being in more pain in my entire life.

Now I have a cute little scar in my crack. Hope your butt heals up well.
radical dame

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #1424 on: 18 Mar 2009, 14:33 »

Thank you guys.

Yeah the pain was so bad before, couldn't sit down or lie on my back. I decided to go to the doctor when walking became difficult. I've never had so many people look at my ass in such a short period of time.

Ally, I also hope it heals well. Did they stuff yours up as well, if so how did you shower? I totally forgot to ask about that when I was in. Now I'm worried cause it might screw up the dressing or something. Did it take ages for it to fully heal?
Get off my land

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1425 on: 18 Mar 2009, 14:55 »

When I wrote the case summaries after people had come in with infections or for cleanings etc., they were told to remove the bandages and spray it with water a couple of times a day and after visits to the toilet etc.

But I guess maybe you should call the hospital and ask or something like that? It definitely doesn't sound fun to get it infected.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #1426 on: 18 Mar 2009, 14:58 »

I have to go see my G.P tomorrow to get them to change the dressing. Then I'm going to have to keep going to see them every so often to get it done again depending on how bad they think it is. I'll ask tomorrow when I'm there.
Get off my land

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #1427 on: 18 Mar 2009, 15:13 »

I just got a totally disappointing birthday gift.  I was expecting something nice from someone special, instead I got a 64mb flash card with music on it... I ALREADY HAVE 12k SONGS I DONT NEED THIS
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #1428 on: 18 Mar 2009, 15:16 »

What would you have liked?
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1429 on: 18 Mar 2009, 15:16 »

I didn't hear anything from anyone about my birthday; kinda disappointing since I visit family often and live with my brother.

Oh, no wait, I think a forum sent me an automated birthday wish.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #1430 on: 18 Mar 2009, 15:45 »

What would you have liked?

I would have been happy with a hand written letter or something, you know, something I cant or wont give myself.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #1431 on: 18 Mar 2009, 15:50 »

hmmm... well I am afriad I can send no post, plus I think the card i would pick out would most likely be somewhat rubbish.

But still, happy birthday! You are now a year older, its up to you what you do with the time.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1432 on: 18 Mar 2009, 16:00 »

Dear blog thread,

I am sick. My sore throat is just getting worse. I took a NyQuil last night and slept through my alarm so I couldn't talk to my lady this morning. Fortunately, the show was uneventful.

We got some new Macedonian kids. They are ethnic Albanians. That in and of itself is one hell of a story, but I'll spare you. One is a pretty good-looking girl who has a good voice but not very good control over it. She's pretty cool, I'd hang with her.

The other one, however, is a dude who is WAY more touchy-feely than I am comfortable with. Like, he started trying to tickle my neck. And then he tried to poke my sides, like you would do with somebody you were trying to be all flirty with. Most Albanians are very touchy-feely (they have no concept of personal space here, nor the "hands to yourself" rule), but this guy is way crossing the line. I can't be sure if he is after my nuts or not but it is kindof making me really goddamn uncomfortable.

Also he should probably bathe more.

Love,
Me
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1433 on: 18 Mar 2009, 16:02 »

Hey you didn't complain when you had just met me for a few hours and I was already going to town on your ass.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1434 on: 18 Mar 2009, 16:29 »

Ally, I also hope it heals well. Did they stuff yours up as well, if so how did you shower? I totally forgot to ask about that when I was in. Now I'm worried cause it might screw up the dressing or something. Did it take ages for it to fully heal?

They handed me more gauze and a little syringe and basically said, "you know what to do." I was meant to clean it and redress it but I never really did, hurt too much. Maybe I did take the stuff out for showers.. I think it took a few weeks to fully heal and scar up and sometimes I worry that it will come back (or that I will grow a tail) but I've been good for the past four and a half years so hopefully I'll never have to deal with that again! Hopefully you won't, either.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 16:43 by Allybee »
radical dame

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1435 on: 18 Mar 2009, 17:08 »

Hey you didn't complain when you had just met me for a few hours and I was already going to town on your ass.

The difference is that we were both drunk at the time. GOD, WHY CAN'T YOU LET ME FORGET

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1436 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:10 »

Blog thread, guess what?!

I started this essay-editing website a couple of months ago and did a round of serious advertising: I advertised for a week on Facebook, put up Craigslist ads in major cities all over the U.S. and a couple in majorly populated foreign cities, and I posted fliers on bulletin boards at my university and my boyfriend's community college.  I wasted a shit ton of time, spent way more money on it than I wanted to, and basically I felt like a failure (especially because every time they saw me, friends and family members who'd tested the site when we were getting the database stuff set up would ask, "So how's Messy Essay going?" and I'd have to sigh and tell them it was a no-go).

But yesterday I decided that posting on Craigslist doesn't cost me anything and it's finals week at my school and the Writing Lab on campus, where I work, is closed, so I might as well give it another try.  And I have had two customers in the past 24 hours!  They've both paid $25!  So I've finally made back what I spent on Facebook advertising.  One more customer, and I'll make back my initial investment on hosting & domain registration.

Craigslist is also awesome because today I picked up a free couch from a person four blocks away.  It's a pretty comfy couch.

Plus, just one more day of finals, and then I'm on spring break.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 22:52 by Elizzybeth »

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #1437 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:30 »

DEAR BLOG THREAD

today i watched this a lot

like, a lot
it's time to stop posting

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1438 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:33 »

Liz, that is seriously cool. And a good idea to boot. Sorry you've had so much start-up trouble, but I think that is a genuinely worthwhile endeavor.

I just turned in my last paper for this quarter, but if I need any more help I know where I'll go. I'll try and spread some word-of-mouth too. I really hope that succeeds, it's such a cool concept.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1439 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:39 »

Liz, that is seriously cool. And a good idea to boot. Sorry you've had so much start-up trouble, but I think that is a genuinely worthwhile endeavor.

It is the raddest thing, really. Despite the troubles and the money issues, it is still totally worth it. I looooooove this trip so much.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1440 on: 18 Mar 2009, 23:57 »

So, you guys know I work in a hotel. Well, we are pretty busy right now, like, we just sold out the entire hotel. All of the rooms are occupied. Yes.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #1441 on: 19 Mar 2009, 01:17 »

Good morning, blog thread!

I'm typing this from a PC on campus, it's 9 AM and I should have been in class right now. I am not because it was cancelled, and there was no way for me to find out about it because internet failed me at home this morning, so I couldn't read the email the prof sent out. I've been her for an hour and next class is at 12, woo. Gonna go to the IT people and see if they can fix my internet soon, then I'm gonna buy some books and meet up with my friend. Also holy crap, there are quite a few people in this room with me, people actually get up this early?

Love,
Kris
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Gilead

« Reply #1442 on: 19 Mar 2009, 02:49 »

The girl I am fooling around with just texted me to ask me if I've seen watchmen yet, I wrote back "I just saw it 35 minutes ago."

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1443 on: 19 Mar 2009, 05:28 »

Wait is "have you seen Watchmen yet" some sort of booty-call analogy now?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1444 on: 19 Mar 2009, 05:31 »

Tom that was the wrong answer

Dear blog thread,

My throat hurts so bad that if you lit it on fire and then tried slapping it out with an anchor chain, I probably wouldn't notice the difference

Love,
Me

P.S. I am not going to Star Akademi today

EDIT: P.P.S. this is the song I have to learn now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDW-cS-xwc
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2009, 06:05 by Patrick »

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1445 on: 19 Mar 2009, 05:50 »

Also holy crap, there are quite a few people in this room with me, people actually get up this early?

Love,
Kris

I actually had 8:30 am maths lectures in my first year of Uni. This was when I had to commute from two and a half hours away, too. Fucking maths department.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #1446 on: 19 Mar 2009, 05:57 »

Blog Thread,

Fuckin' women huh?

Love, Brett.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1447 on: 19 Mar 2009, 07:18 »

Sorry if I have been abusing you lately blogthread, it is just really fucking annoying being this sad normally I would just let it all out through rigorous drug and alcohol abuse but it does not seem appropriate at the moment.

So here is a photo of me blowing a bubble instead, it made me a little happier, it is my gift to you, mr blog thread

<3

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1448 on: 19 Mar 2009, 07:40 »

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1449 on: 19 Mar 2009, 08:09 »

Thank you Paul it is important people be able to see me more clearly when I take pictures of myself in an upset state.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 90   Go Up