THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748276 times)

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #4350 on: 13 Jun 2009, 14:06 »

Specs?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Zingoleb

« Reply #4351 on: 13 Jun 2009, 16:07 »

Blaggy,

I scraped, I painted, I was assaulted by puppies and kitties and butterflies. I watched the sun, I watched the rain, I watched the clouds roll by. I thought of what I am doing, and I thought of the people around me.

Not working on Saturday is such a goddamn relief.

Also: A single potato is not enough for dinner.

Edit: My roommates took mercy and gave me bread and lasagna leftovers they didn't want and mmmmm. Lasagna.
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2009, 17:29 by Zingoleb »

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #4352 on: 13 Jun 2009, 17:24 »

Specs?
[/quote
It ran but it was all choppy. It's a new Vista with 3Gigs of memory and a 300 gig hard drive and I don't know what kind of video card.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #4353 on: 13 Jun 2009, 17:44 »

If you want to have any hope of running Crysis you'll need to know your video card and the processor speed. I'll tell you right now that if you have either a video card more than 2 years old, or a single-core processor, you will not be able to run it.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #4354 on: 13 Jun 2009, 18:00 »

All three of those species are jerks.

This was the funniest thing today.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #4355 on: 13 Jun 2009, 18:17 »

I accidentally cut my cat whilst performing furmat removal and now I feel bad :[ I want to put a band-aid on him but I'm not sure that would help!
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #4356 on: 13 Jun 2009, 19:01 »

If you want to have any hope of running Crysis you'll need to know your video card and the processor speed. I'll tell you right now that if you have either a video card more than 2 years old, or a single-core processor, you will not be able to run it.
Yeah, that's why I didn't buy it and pirated it instead. I pretty much knew I couldn't run it. I was just making sure.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #4357 on: 13 Jun 2009, 19:23 »

Guys guys guys

So I was at the final show of Akademi to support my friend Nita, who is as dear to me as a sister. And sometime in the middle, they started giving out 4 of the sort of high-school yearbook type awards (most talkative, shit like that). When 'Best Rocker' came up, they gave it a longer introduction than the others. I perked up at this because I figured Nita would win that at very least. Instead, they said '...fitues ėshtė... PATRICK JAMES!" and I was like "JGOEJRIOVMREG" and so now I have a framed diploma saying that I am certified as the baddest motherfucker in all of Albanian television.

And to top it off, Nita won 2nd place in the entire singing competition. This girl is seriously like family to me, I know her parents and both her sisters, and every one of them knows me and my mom and they love us just the same. And so to have Nita be the first runner-up? I am prouder than a peacock with a 30-inch pecker.

The afterparty was awesome too because I got lots of hugs and neck-kisses from really really cute girls who are shorter than me (hence, neck-kisses). Neck-kisses are my favorite kind of kisses, too, so it was a great night. I got to dance with the chick who won last year's Akademi, as well as Nita and the older of her sisters. Oh and I'm high as a result of Good Things being smoked with a rad, nameless person, so I am really, REALLY enjoying myself.

I am really, REALLY going to miss all those people from Akademi.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4358 on: 13 Jun 2009, 23:17 »

Woo, Patrick, that rocks! I'm glad you had a chance to see everybody for the finale, and congrats to your friend. A nice cap to the whole amazing experience. Thanks for sharing.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #4359 on: 14 Jun 2009, 05:32 »

Congratulations Patrick! I'm glad you had such a great experience.

Blurg,
Today I have a shift at job #1, then half an hour off, then a shift at job #2, then I'm going to see my friend Wojtek's band and show off how super super hardcore metal I am (I am not really metal at all though). I am excited for today!
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4360 on: 14 Jun 2009, 05:56 »

It is 5:43am, I got home from the store (was closing) about 15 minutes ago. Earlier when I popped home to pick up some plasticard, I was taking a shortcut going over the wall that keeps breaking, and, well, I ended up putting a significant portion (read: all of it) of my weight on my right leg on a branch from the bush that had been cut short, I guess? it was never there before, and I go over that wall like every day. Suffice to say, the branch dug into my leg just above the shin and hurt like hell. But it was cool, I just grabbed the plasticard and went back. Then it started to hurt a few hours later. I ended up popping home again (I live 1 block from the store, I can do this sort of thing) but taking a friend's car because I was picking up an army for him, I applied neosporin to ensure there will be no infection. Now it just looks like a small hole with a scab on top.

tl;dr cut my leg on a branch walking home, fixed it later.

This week is a poor week for my physical well being, I think.

In brighter news: I painted 5 miniatures today and I am very happy with all of them; they are my new superhero team. I don't have a name yet, but it will have to do with the letter X and maybe the color red? Our friend Chris is going to narrate our superhero miniatures combat campaign and I am super excited for it. Unfortunately, the system is half miniature combat, half roleplay elements, and as such it is very open to abuse. Since we are all friends this isn't really a problem, but since I have played the longest I am going to write up some guidelines on powers that we set back when we were playing last year. Shit can get seriously ridiculous and I don't want that to happen because we are in this for fun, its not about winning at all costs.

In bloodbowl news: The game against Skaven was rough. 3 dead, 1 badly hurt, 1 seriously injured, 1 ejected from the game on my end. Used an apothecary to bring back Aristotle, Baloo the Bear has been replaced with Baloo the Bear II: Return of the King. Socrates died and was replaced by Socrates II: The Quickening. Jafar got a star player roll and so did Pumba. Mufasa has 6 completions in 4 games. Iago finally did something other than get in the way for the first time.

I ended up having 5 of his rats in the KO box, and 2 in the casualty bin, 1 dead (turned into a niggler -1MA), and 1 niggled (-1AG) at the end of the game. He would have won it, but he got ahead of himself working out what he needed to dodge, and forgot to move his turn counter, which is an illegal procedure, and I caught it before he did and called him on it, because he was out of rerolls, it was an automatic end of turn for him, and since it was turn 8, the game was a draw 2-2. He would have failed the last dodge roll anyways (we were curious).

Blog Thread, overall, I'd like you to know that life is pretty alright.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4361 on: 14 Jun 2009, 06:35 »

Last night I went with a friend to get her nose pierced (and found a place with awesome bone/shell spiral earrings!) and then we and a few others went out to a midnight showing of Rocky Horror. They do this thing with "virgins" (people who have never been before) before the movie actually starts. First they split the group into people under 18 (there were 3) and people over 18 (there were a lot). So the youngins got an easy initiation, but the older ones got more interesting initiations. I ended up having to lick peanut butter off this one dude's chest. (Luckily he was cute and not very hairy.) My one friend was sad when she couldn't participate in the "who gives the best head to a banana" contest between men and women. (The dude won, because the chick said she liked women and then chomped the end off.) There were some other things too and then the movie started. Definitely a fun experience and the people acting out in front of the screen were pretty fun.

And then this morning I had to get up after only a few hours of sleep so I could come home and now I'm really tired and drinking "coffee" so I can paint the ceiling of my porch. BAAAAAAAAAH WANT SLEEP.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #4362 on: 14 Jun 2009, 06:42 »

Life is alright for me too! It's odd how we all seem to have good things and bad things happen at the same time at the moment (with the exception of Zingoleb's job, which may not even really be a bad thing in a way).

On Friday night I went to a dance with my mum and stepdad and a friend from college, and although it started out slowly (the band wasn't great and the dances were really simple) it got better and we had fun times. I'm going to take her to another one with a better band and more people our age some time, and it will be awesome. We've decided we're going to a festival at the end of August which is nearby but far enough away to justify camping, so that will also be awesome.

Saturday I worked all day and then my friend from work picked me up in a car full of her uni friends and we went back to her house and partied. I love partying with uni students because they aren't, as a general rule, silly about drink and can talk about things. In fact most of these people have already graduated so they're technically adults (two are teachers) but they were very accepting of me and it was really nice. The contrast between a small gathering of nice people who can get slowly drunk without being dicks and a large gathering of people my age who get utterly hammered and are foul to me is so marked it makes me laugh.

And then today I got home at about quarter to nine having been dropped off by someone on their way to work, and already I've cleaned my room and done some revision. Usually by this time I've just about staggered downstairs for lunch and am thinking about maybe starting work. Only three more important exams to go and plenty of time to prepare for them.

To cap off all this pleasantness, my dad has bought me a laptop for uni and just sent me a voucher code to get a free 3 internet dongle, so in about two weeks I will have a brand new computer with internet connection to use for my degree. It will not be full of eight years of crap like my PC, it will not have games downloaded onto it by my brother, and it has a rotating tablet screen so I can take notes by hand and convert them to text. I'm so excited about lectures now, I'll be all technologied up!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #4363 on: 14 Jun 2009, 08:00 »

I was supposed to hang out with that girl I had serious shenanigans with last night. My friend was having a fire, and she seemed really excited about it.

Of course, then it rained, the fire was cancelled, and she decided to go to a party in south county instead of coming out to a bar with me and my friends. And I stayed home, was a stupid emo kid like always, and just sat there watching the final episode of Pushing Daisies.

Girls. sigh.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #4364 on: 14 Jun 2009, 08:31 »

Every forumite in the UK should watch ITV2 at 8PM today for their coverage of the Isle of Wight festival. Neil Young and the Pixies are playing. Unfortunately, Fearne Cotton and that other annoying guy will carry out awful, cringe-inducing interviews with unknown musicians.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4365 on: 14 Jun 2009, 09:40 »

Blog thread,

I've been friends with this guy Joe since I was in the 10th grade.  We were practically family.  I lived at his house 90% of the time we weren't out and going everywhere together.  I would go on family trips with his family and everyone always thought we'd end up together romantically.  Of course, that never happened.  Anyway, a few years ago, we had a falling out because I was a fuckwit and since then, I"ve been trying to fix it.  Opportunity on that is virtually non existant because the falling out was due to his now fiance.  I sent him a super long letter basically begging to work this out and he responded neutrally which is better than a negative response!  He said he doesn't trust me and that I hurt him which I knew and regret so hard that I've cried over this a million times.  He also said that he's willing to see if we can work it out slowly.  This is so great news that I'm not even sure what to do.  Joe was my absolute best friend in the world and I want him back more than anything.  I really hope I don't fuck this up.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #4366 on: 14 Jun 2009, 10:25 »

Two more exams; medium to difficult complex analysis and then easy to medium (but thoroughly neglected) quantum. Then I need to sort out next semester, see about how I'm going to deal with working either over the holidays or over the holidays and through next semester. All these opportunities to perhaps move out keep coming up but I just never have an income. I'll add 'find out about youth allowance/austudy/whatever' to that list of things to do.

I can't wait until semester's over so I can stop rushing assignments and exams and finally sit down and learn something.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #4367 on: 14 Jun 2009, 10:31 »

I'm pretty sure know what it is, but I don't know if he wants it posted? Anyways, it's not any of your alternatives, May, although I almost wish it was, because "Sau" (Sheep) would be an awesome middle name.

nah, I wouldn't have posted the anagram if I was too worried. I hope that someone finds it and starts something with me similar to that guy who was led on a nerdy puzzle adventure in real life by strangers. Somebody posted it a while ago. Or maybe Jens gets high and decides to send a post-card. The worst thing that can happen is nothing.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #4368 on: 14 Jun 2009, 12:15 »

Car got towed while at a lesbian bar. 165 bucks. Sigh.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #4369 on: 14 Jun 2009, 12:36 »

Specs?
It ran but it was all choppy. It's a new Vista with 3Gigs of memory and a 300 gig hard drive and I don't know what kind of video card.
Run dxdiag.exe

Dear Journal.

I didn't get plastered last night, but I got tipsy enough to pretend I was drunk enough to have an excuse for my behavior. Last night was fun. But I still can't stand girls that smoke. :|
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2009, 12:39 by MrBlu »
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #4370 on: 14 Jun 2009, 12:40 »

Boring Sunday afternoon alone. To make due: beer, cigarettes, and Marquee Moon.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4371 on: 14 Jun 2009, 13:09 »

Life is alright for me too! It's odd how we all seem to have good things and bad things happen at the same time at the moment (with the exception of Zingoleb's job, which may not even really be a bad thing in a way).

When I was in school, I was so depressed with life that I was cutting pretty much every day, and giving away all my belongings so that there woudl be less for my father ot deal with when I finally did kill myself. The day I dropped out of school was perhaps the happiest day in my life and I was a million times a better person for it.

This job was pretty much driving me down the same route, and I am SO FUCKING HAPPY I don't have to work it anymore. Instead, I've been working on my father's rental properties for free to pay for living here.

Blaggy,

I have been listening to a lot of Cat Stevens and eating peanut butter for lunch. It could be much worse than this!

Edit: I have been listening to my Tom Waits record instead, and it shows what technology has done to me. I just command-tab-Spacebar'd to try and turn off my turntable. Oops.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2009, 13:42 by Zingoleb »

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #4372 on: 14 Jun 2009, 18:11 »

I want some furoshiki fabric. Specifically, http://furoshiki.com/furoshiki/floral-blocks-purple.html.
I would make a purse for the lady.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #4373 on: 14 Jun 2009, 18:14 »

Dear Journal.

I didn't get plastered last night, but I got tipsy enough to pretend I was drunk enough to have an excuse for my behavior. Last night was fun. But I still can't stand girls that smoke. :|
UPDATE::

Uggggggggggggggggggghhhh I caught wind of my own scent and it smells like alcohol, cigarette smoke, drunk women and something awfully sweet and whyyyyyyyyyyy haven't I bathed yet!?
My Last.FM

Zingoleb

« Reply #4374 on: 14 Jun 2009, 18:51 »

Blaggy,

I got banned from the other forums I went to, for saying some things I should not have. Normally, I would be absolutely fine with punishment for my transgressions, but here is the thing:

I do not remember making these comments at all.

And now, I am scared to fucking death because I'm starting to wonder if I am blacking out again.

Flashback time!

A few years ago, when I lived in Nashville still, there were two instances that stick out for me, one that ruined a friendship and one that truly hurt someone. However, I do not remember them and to be honest both things that I did were entirely out of character for me. The first one was that I went to a friend's house and asked, pretty much insisted, on a blowjob, which is completely the opposite of how I act. The other time I was with a large group of people at a fairly famous person's home, and when someone asked me to repeat something, I snapped at her, "I wasn't talking to you," which, again, is entirely out of character for me. However, I don't remember these events, all I know is that later in time people were telling me that I did some hurtful things.

The knowledge that I am doing things without any clear memory of (and it does not feel like there is any space in memories or what I have done) and that it is only through other people that I find out what my actions are terrifies the living shit out of me. When I found out earlier, I was at first seriously panicking and swearing at the person who told me, and then pretty much slipped into this depressed, nihilistic, suicidal state and starting hitting myself and yelling and swearing at myself because of this deep-seated self-loathing I have for what a fucking mess of a mind I have.

I just want to be normal. I don't even know what it is like, but I want to know. I want ot know what it is like to just have a normal job with a normal life, with real friends, without all this insanity and shitty people around me and a shitty house and everything just pulling me down a little deeper every day. I try to stay as happy as I can, I try, I try, but it hurts so deep inside all of the time that I can't just force out a smile constantly, constantly, when everything around me is threatening to crush me everyday.

Bleh.

With that in mind, I'm going to go eat dinner. A can of green beans or something. I wish my father would buy food.

tl;dr I'm crazy and depressed

Also: Playing guitar with Iron & Wine is actually very therapeutic.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2009, 19:02 by Zingoleb »

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #4375 on: 14 Jun 2009, 18:58 »

Okay, Blog Thread, everything in my life has been incredibly more awesome. My violin teacher told me I would play concert with him during the summer. I got better at the drums on Rock Band 2. The studies are going well, I'm stressed for my exams, but it's a good stress. Everything with the girl has been going on awesomely. She came randomly at my house today. The evening involved studying, eating, talking, and lots of kissing. I am so in love with that girl, it's not even funny. She's just incredible, funny, awesome, beautiful. Little anecdote: She designed the last year's agenda and it has some incredibly cd covers on it. I remember saying "Man, that girl who did that design sure has some good taste in music". I realised today, that she designed it.

tl;dr (or for those who don't even bother to read): My life is going really awesome and that girl I'm dating is the dreamiest girl ever and I love her so much.

Anthony
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #4376 on: 14 Jun 2009, 19:30 »

man what are you talking about, cigarettes smell delicious
Gross.
My Last.FM

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #4377 on: 14 Jun 2009, 20:32 »

Oh man blog thread, I leave for France in just a few short hours. I am quite excited.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Reed

« Reply #4379 on: 14 Jun 2009, 21:27 »

Yeah, it's a crazy situation. I have an Iranian friend who has been posting tons of links and videos on facebook. I thought this piece was pretty interesting.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Zingoleb

« Reply #4380 on: 14 Jun 2009, 21:44 »

Guys that last post was so three hours ago.

Blaggy!!!

I am like seriously fucking excited and happy now. Why? WHO KNOWS! Could be the fact that I finally have food in the house! Eating something after three days of pretty much starving makes you really happy. And I spent like half an hour in Wal-mart rearranging the shelves because everything was all haphazard and this woman walked up and asked me what I was doing, and I was like, "Your cans of mandarin oranges are all out of order!" and I kept stocking the shelves and she left me alone because that was probably her job.

They sold me Pocky! I have not had Pocky in years and just seeing the package made mesmile! That is why I am happy Mr. Bliggy the Blag, I have Pocky!

Tonight is awesome!

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4381 on: 14 Jun 2009, 22:06 »

Re: Iran. I love how the government thought to block cell-phones, and a lot of the internet, but that it's Twitter that's being used to tell everybody what's really going on! Stupid shit not being taken seriously by The Man FTW!

Zingoleb,

Very cool, food is always good. How about this for an unsolicited suggestion. As part of your "chores" to earn your room and board, volunteer to take care of the grocery shopping for you and your dad (roommates do their own from what I recall). Even if the budget he gives you for this isn't really enough, with some smart shopping you can at least make sure there are a good variety of staples around. Heck, even a metric assload of cheap ramen will at least fill you up.

Dear Bloggity,

Studio session #2 for my TV show is this Tuesday. Everything is in place except for a PA system I would need so the band has sound monitoring for their performance. Looks like I'll have to rent one, but I think that will work out. I need to call around tomorrow to see what's available and what it will cost. Should be fun.  :-)

Zingoleb

« Reply #4382 on: 14 Jun 2009, 22:11 »

Hahahahahahaha.

My father wouldn't give me money for food. The only reason he did tonight was because I can pay him back tomorrow.

Also, Ramen makes me really sick for some reason...except for those cups with the noodles and little shrimp and vegetables, but those aren't nearly as cheap. Shame.

It's alright, though, because I have enough food to last me for a little over a week now and can look for work in the meantime. If nothing comes up, I can go to my uncle and ask if he has any work for me  (considering that he owns like 12 businesses, he better).

Man, Pocky. I haven't had Pocky since I lived in Nashville with all my otaku friends, and this just brings back all those memories. So does listening to Grizzly Bear, mostly because this song always came on before Full Metal Alchemist on [AS].

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4383 on: 14 Jun 2009, 22:16 »

Heh, well Pocky does make everything better.  :-D

I brought home some Pocky from my trip to Japan a couple years ago, and a friend made fun of me because you can get it here in the states fairly easily.

"But it's from JAPAN!" I protested to no avail. He just didn't get it.  8-)

Reed

« Reply #4384 on: 14 Jun 2009, 22:24 »

Another source of updates
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2009, 22:29 by Dire bacterium »
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #4385 on: 14 Jun 2009, 22:46 »

Today when I got home from work I took a nap.  I sleep on my tummy and when I woke up my kitty was asleep on my legs using my butt as a pillow.

I love having my meow meow home.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #4386 on: 14 Jun 2009, 23:44 »

Dear Blog Thread,

Tomorrow I've got my first English exam. Instead of preparing (which is pretty pointless to do beside rereading King Lear and about 15 different short stories that I've already got memorized) I am spending my night watching Doctor Who. Always a terrific plan. Great news today however, I've been tossing around a bunch of ideas for future careers after high school, (don't worry, rock star is on that list) and one always pops up, writer of some sort. This is news because I told that to my neighbour who wants me now to meet his daughter who manages  a publishing company. I believe this is a good thing.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4387 on: 15 Jun 2009, 00:21 »

(don't worry, rock star is on that list)
This should be on everyone's list.

However, quite a few people shouldn't have actually achieved it.

Reed

« Reply #4388 on: 15 Jun 2009, 07:12 »

I can already tell that today is going to be a shitty monday. I got a whole 3 hours of sleep, and yet again there is nobody in lab. It's nice being able to just sit here and listen to the Mountain Goats, but chances are I'm going to fall asleep at my bench.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4389 on: 15 Jun 2009, 07:18 »

Hi blog thread

I had a great weekend!  Jon and I took Faye to the carnival where I spent too much money, but she LOVED it.  It was pretty awesome.  I went shopping and spent a lot more money on shoes, earrings, and a buncha crap for the kid.  -$300 later, ouch.  oh well.  Fortunately, I don't spend money on myself on a regular basis.  I don't remember the last time I splurged like that.  I keep thinking "that could have paid off my car insurance for the rest of the year" but oh well.  I do love the earrings. 

Job interview is tomorrow.  I need to iron my suit and find a black bag to go with it so as to look ultra professional.  After the way my morning has been in my current position, I want this new job more than ever.  I need it.  I am going to go in there tomorrow and show them just how perfect I am for the position regardless of the fact that I've never done that specific kind of work before.  It's for an executive assistant position in a financial charting business unit.  It's a lot more money and benefits that I can actually take advantage of.  This would change my life.  Maybe then, I'd actually be able to pay off those pesky student loans...
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #4390 on: 15 Jun 2009, 07:53 »

yiggg blog thread i got a call back for a second interview for a job i applied for a little while ago only instead of asking me to call back to schedule a time to come in, they just left me a message telling me the day and time the interview would be and to call back if there were any problems, only there is a big problem because the interview is on tuesday at noon and i am already at work all day and the people i need to talk to to reschedule this thing were not in yesterday or today which is incredibly dumb because it means i can only contact them tomorrow like two hours before the scheduled interview time to let them know i can't do it and that i need to reschedule and i don't know if this is something to freak out about or if i'm being ridiculous, because i already left a message a couple of days ago saying that i needed to reschedule, but i really need a second job and nobody is hiring and i'm so stupid broke and i can't afford to fuck this up, man, fuck, damnit.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Will

• Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
« Reply #4391 on: 15 Jun 2009, 08:10 »

Blogthread:

I too had a pretty awesome weekend. On Friday, my friend Hacker came to visit me. We ate at a restaurant, watched the Penguins win the Stanley Cup, and then chilled listening to music and generally being awesome. Also, I went to the store and bought this:

My cousin had his graduation party on Saturday, so I spent all day eating good food and playing volleyball & softball with him and his family. When I got home, I recieved this in the mail:

Sunday night, I checked my eBay account, and I found out I was a winner! I'll be getting this in the mail sometime in the next week.

So yeah, fun times!
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4392 on: 15 Jun 2009, 08:27 »

allison

« Reply #4393 on: 15 Jun 2009, 08:36 »

Nerf clearly does not fuck around.

Will

« Reply #4394 on: 15 Jun 2009, 08:42 »

The best part is I just realized last night that the fact that I am going to become an uncle in December gives me free license to buy toys! You know, so I can be a good uncle and all...gotta have stuff for the little'un to play with, right?
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

allison

« Reply #4395 on: 15 Jun 2009, 08:51 »

Are you saying you are going to shoot your infant niece or nephew with an automatic (foam) weapon? Candidacy for Best Uncle Ever, right there.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4396 on: 15 Jun 2009, 08:53 »

The best part is I just realized last night that the fact that I am going to become an uncle in December gives me free license to buy toys! You know, so I can be a good uncle and all...gotta have stuff for the little'un to play with, right?

I wish you were my uncle. Right now.

Will

« Reply #4397 on: 15 Jun 2009, 09:05 »

Are you saying you are going to shoot your infant niece or nephew with an automatic (foam) weapon? Candidacy for Best Uncle Ever, right there.

Of course not, I would never do such a thing!

I'll wait until my niecephew is at least 2yrs. But gotta start training 'em early, you know.

Also, Nerf doesn't fuck around, but neither do the modders. Vulcan @ 500 rounds/min.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2009, 09:06 by Will »

Reed

« Reply #4398 on: 15 Jun 2009, 09:23 »

Will, I can just picture you offering to babysit your niece/nephew.

In my mind it involves a playlist made entirely of music posted in the hardcore thread, played at extreme volumes, while you menace them with your heavily modified nerf guns for hours on end. When their parents come to pick them up they are covered with bruises, which they claim came from running into the door.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #4399 on: 15 Jun 2009, 09:30 »

Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90   Go Up