THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 748264 times)

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #4400 on: 15 Jun 2009, 12:22 »

I still probably won't put out any baits to kill them. That seems like a little bit of an overreaction.

Ok, yeah, fuck that. Bitches are going down.

I got woken up by a mouse scrabbling and chewing something for over an hour, and no matter what I did to try and scare it away it kept coming back and keeping me a awake, so at 4:30 I gave up and got up. Four goddamn thirty in the morning. This was the one time I went to bed early to get a good night's sleep as well. Fuckers. If I am going to have to put my mattress on the floor and sleep on it, I sure as hell don't want mice nibbling at stuff right near my ear in the middle of the night.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #4401 on: 15 Jun 2009, 12:26 »

I might be getting a free guitar and an amp soon.

sweet
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #4402 on: 15 Jun 2009, 13:45 »

yuss, start a band with me. I don't even know where you live but that doesn't matter.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #4403 on: 15 Jun 2009, 13:51 »

All you need now is some tattoos, hair straighteners, a six pack of XS black t-shirts and five dudes who look exactly like you.
You forgot the KORG synthesizer.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #4404 on: 15 Jun 2009, 13:56 »

Do you think if I put up a notice looking for band members in a local record shopppe ( one-up, Tommy) anyone would actually reply? I'm 17, surely all 17 year olds want to be in bands.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #4405 on: 15 Jun 2009, 14:01 »

All 17 year olds want to be in bands. Trust me. The problem is finding someone who knows how to play, that actually notices your notice. good luck, though.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #4406 on: 15 Jun 2009, 14:04 »

I got woken up by a mouse scrabbling and chewing something for over an hour, and no matter what I did to try and scare it away it kept coming back and keeping me a awake

I found it, it was in my backpack, eating an old fantale I had forgotten was in there. Fuckin' mice.
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #4407 on: 15 Jun 2009, 15:31 »

Dear blog thread.

I'm glad the NBA Finals are over and that soon the sportscasters will start talking about something else. I was getting tired of all the reporters and sportscasters who insist on trying to convince me that Kobe Bryant doesn't feel the need to take over games in the final minutes anymore and instead plays smart team basketball when looking to close things out. He just doesn't, okay? That's not how he plays when the game gets on the line. In fact he does plenty of dumb things whilst trying to finish games off practically all by himself as often as not. He's an excellent player and when armed with a team good enough to keep the game close, such an attitude can work out in his favor surprisingly often, but that doesn't mean he has actually changed his play that much in the last year or so. For the most part, he is the same guy this year that he was the last year and the year before that. He just happens to be so competitive and so insanely good that he can consistently barrel into double teams and still finish the play. And honestly? I am completely fine with that. I am not a basketball fascist. I just want ESPN to quit acting like Kobe doesn't do that anymore when he is manifestly up to the same tricks in every game. It's as if Rolling Stone decided to claim that AC/DC's long career can be explained by their rejection of power chords and rock cliches.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2009, 15:37 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Zingoleb

« Reply #4408 on: 15 Jun 2009, 16:09 »

Man, Blaggy.

I have been weeding today. I took out several HUNDRED feet of grapevine (some as thick around as a half-dollar) and my hands are rubbed raw, but I feel good about it. Also got something lodged in one of my fingers and had to cut it out with a razor and that was annoying, but it was good.

Also:

Weeding around rose bushes without gloves is a pain in the ass.

Also also:

My iTunes shuffle needs to play less Marilyn Manson, srsly.

Also also also:

I want to just run around giving out free hugs because I am happy.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4409 on: 15 Jun 2009, 16:37 »

Job interview is tomorrow.

Good luck, Rachel!!! Wow them with your awesomeness.

And if they say no, steal Will's nerf gun and pelt the shit out of them for being stupid.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #4410 on: 15 Jun 2009, 16:51 »

Kick it, Rachel! What's the job you're interviewing for, anyway?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4411 on: 15 Jun 2009, 16:53 »

It's at Fidelity Investments, an executive assistant position.  I want it soooo badly!  I worked a 10.5 hour shift today without a lunchbreak and I'm going to get zero appreciation for it and I'm just so tired of the bullshit in my current job.  I just want to punch my boss in the face, but this would widely be regarded as unwise.  Next best thing is to get a new fucking job, right?

The only reason I've stuck with my current job so far is that it gives me an "in" with Fidelity somehow.  I want to work there so badly.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #4412 on: 15 Jun 2009, 16:55 »

(psst, if you get this new job, would you have powers to delegate your old job to someone like..oh, I dunno, me?)
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4413 on: 15 Jun 2009, 17:43 »

Trust me when I tell you that you do not want my job.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #4414 on: 15 Jun 2009, 18:08 »

Kobe sucks

Yaaaaaay (I agree.)

DEAR blog,

today I went golfing with two people who know how to play, two people who have never swung a golf club properly ever, and one person who had the foundations taught to her about six years ago. I fall in between the first and the last category; it was a really good time! The weather was highly favorable. I got some straight far shots in amongst all the shitty ass slices and now I am motivated to go out and actually practice so my scorecard strokes don't have to feature numbers with loops in them. Also driving golf carts is hell of fuckin' fun. We were invited to golf by my friend whose birthday is tomorrow. Because we suck at actual gifts we are just going to spell out his name in rose petals on his lawn overnight for him to wake up to in the morning.

In other news, very early this morning at 4 AM I discovered that the love of my life made AMVs a few years ago I mean okay she was like twelve years old but still I didn't know those kinds of obscenely nerdy folks existed not on the internet.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2009, 18:11 by squawk »
it's time to stop posting

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #4415 on: 15 Jun 2009, 18:20 »

yiggg blog thread i got a call back for a second interview for a job i applied for a little while ago only instead of asking me to call back to schedule a time to come in, they just left me a message telling me the day and time the interview would be and to call back if there were any problems, only there is a big problem because the interview is on tuesday at noon and i am already at work all day and the people i need to talk to to reschedule this thing were not in yesterday or today which is incredibly dumb because it means i can only contact them tomorrow like two hours before the scheduled interview time to let them know i can't do it and that i need to reschedule and i don't know if this is something to freak out about or if i'm being ridiculous, because i already left a message a couple of days ago saying that i needed to reschedule, but i really need a second job and nobody is hiring and i'm so stupid broke and i can't afford to fuck this up, man, fuck, damnit.
Maybe somebody can cover that shift? Good luck tania!
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #4416 on: 15 Jun 2009, 18:39 »

A friend of mine from school messaged me this evening telling me that her mom passed away. She didn't have my number and I had to find out from a Facebook message. Sarah's mother was so good to me when we were younger, and she was so thoughtful. I work with Sarah's brother and he told me that she'd gone into the hospital for heart surgery, but that she was doing well. This is all really shocking. I'm not quite sure what to do.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #4417 on: 15 Jun 2009, 18:42 »

Comfort them?

Mein Tumblr

allison

« Reply #4418 on: 15 Jun 2009, 18:52 »

I am going to go to the visitation and funeral, but Sarah and I have grown apart since highschool. We've been trying to get together, and it was going to be this weekend, but her mother suddenly passed yesterday.  I'm not sure how to express how sorry I am for the loss.

nobo

« Reply #4419 on: 15 Jun 2009, 19:33 »

You showing up to spend time with her to make sure she's not alone will be more than enough. If you check in on her every few days she'll know she can count on you as a friend and that'll bring her some comfort.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #4420 on: 15 Jun 2009, 22:21 »

Off to Seattle for two weeks. See you folks in July.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Reed

« Reply #4421 on: 15 Jun 2009, 22:34 »

Bye Tyler, We'll miss you!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #4422 on: 15 Jun 2009, 23:28 »

Do you think if I put up a notice looking for band members in a local record shopppe ( one-up, Tommy) anyone would actually reply? I'm 17, surely all 17 year olds want to be in bands.

The existing flyers on the stairs of that store are already this ridiculous. I used to take photos of them with my phone because they were so funny. I will provide examples next time I am in town. One time I put my own flyers up there and got no responses at all. Very sad.

Hey are you going to see Neil Young? Someone kindly sent me a ticket for my birthday.

I think now I have to put one there. Yes, I am going to see Neil Young but my whole family are going and I think we're in the seated section. It's still going to be amazing though.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4423 on: 16 Jun 2009, 02:23 »

See you, Tyler.

Blaggy,

Having done a small bit of research given my father's symptoms, I think he probably has swine flu

OH NOES BLOG THREAD

He has the flu of some sort, anyways, and I think he just gave it to me. Damn.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #4424 on: 16 Jun 2009, 02:25 »

I hear there is this thing that is going around, and it may shock you to know, it's called... The flu. He could just have that.

Bloggggg I have finished all my assignments for the semester, so I am drinking to celebrate the holidays. This may result in pictures being posted around here. Who knows.
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #4425 on: 16 Jun 2009, 02:35 »

I have a yuck headcold and I can't go to singing tonight! I am sad because it is two weeks till our recital and I am kind of the front person because I know the words and I really wanted to go today but I can't breathe very well. Boo.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #4426 on: 16 Jun 2009, 05:32 »

Blog, my headphones are just not big enough to cover my ears, so when I have them on for more then ten hours three days in a row, my ears start hurting like hell. this means that I cannot listen to music today. Hrmpf.

Oh well, I'll make do with THE LONGEST JOURNEY I LOVE YOU APRIL RYAN!

On a side note, why do I always get crushes on fake people? My last proper crush was on the protagonist in Juno. Damn.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4427 on: 16 Jun 2009, 06:43 »

Interview is in a few hours, but I just got word from a little birdie that there may be positions opening in my current BU in the next few months.  This would be absolutely ideal, but I'm still going to try for this one since that's not a guarantee.  Though, if that did happen, I'd be guaranteed the job.  This much, I know. 

I guess it's a sort of win/win?  Maybe?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4428 on: 16 Jun 2009, 07:03 »

I went to sleep at like 330pm with intent to nap before class, I woke up before class but felt pretty shitty, so I let them know I wouldn't be there. The next time I woke up was around 930pm to my flatmate getting home with a friend. They play Werewolf on mondays and I no longer play because I didn't enjoy the game (I have discovered it is because of a single person in the group I do not like playing games with). I layed in bed and fell back asleep until about 11pm/12am. I then layed in bed listening to them, since the single person in the group I do not like playing games with yells. I really wanted to go back to sleep for a bit so I could wake up in the morning, but he YELLS. I turned on music at 230am when they took a food break and fell asleep until about 4am when they were just finishing up, and guess who it was that was the loudest?
I think I am going to ask my flatmate if he can run the werewolf game anywhere but in our apartment, since I like to get sleep, and the group is sort of counter intuitive to that. Also, for a couple reasons I always get very very depressed on sundays and mondays, the game being in the apartment is one of the reasons.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #4429 on: 16 Jun 2009, 09:37 »

Hog Dread,

On Sunday a new girl in my corps thought I was 20. I understand it's only about 11 months away, but it's still something I can't wrap my mind around. I am legally mostly an AKDSFLJGHASdGLHJJASDKLJGLADKSGH
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #4430 on: 16 Jun 2009, 11:26 »

My interview went really well and they're setting up a second one for next week!  Yay!

sean

• welp
« Reply #4431 on: 16 Jun 2009, 12:51 »

Guys I've been bike hunting for like two weeks now and I found a road bike in my town for 120 and i might pick it up tonight yessssssssssssssssssssssss. Also thursday me and my friend pat are gonna start one of those two man bands where he plays drums and i play guitar and we shout really loudly oh fk yes. and saturday is gonna be the bestest day ever with a trip to baltimore and going to the absolutely craziest show.

oh god this week you guys. this week.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

allison

« Reply #4432 on: 16 Jun 2009, 13:21 »

I'm really bummed. Reasons include: a friend's mother passing, very unproductive day at work, boyfriend fight, general anxiety.
The day is nice though, and I think I will go out go karting tonight.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #4433 on: 16 Jun 2009, 14:44 »

I am legally mostly an AKDSFLJGHASdGLHJJASDKLJGLADKSGH

lol@american drinking age
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #4434 on: 16 Jun 2009, 15:46 »

Trying to do a Rubik's cube. This motherfucker is hard.

Mein Tumblr

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #4435 on: 16 Jun 2009, 16:07 »

My interview went really well and they're setting up a second one for next week!  Yay!

Ooooh, congrats!

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #4436 on: 16 Jun 2009, 16:31 »

I second those congrats! woo!
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #4437 on: 16 Jun 2009, 16:43 »

Also thursday me and my friend pat are gonna start one of those two man bands where he plays drums and i play guitar and we shout really loudly oh fk yes.

Make it sound like a cross between Tiny Hawks and Die, Emperor! Die! as that would be stupidly good and make me extremely happy.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Zingoleb

« Reply #4438 on: 16 Jun 2009, 19:17 »

Blaggy,

I can't be doing this shrinkwrapping my father wants me to. The house is pretty much unventilated and stuffy and he wants me to use a hot air gun? Fuck that.

But, I got my new bed today! Yes, yes, yes, yes, fucking yes! I FIT ON IT.

Christ, I hated my old bed. It was small and my head hung off one end and my feet off the other and it squeaked, but this mother is just so wonderfully firm and large and non-squeaky!

However, I had to remove the window to get the mattress out of the other house and now do not know how ot replace it. That is a sucky thing, Blag Dread.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #4439 on: 16 Jun 2009, 21:45 »

I don't even know why I'm posting this here but I learned today that girls tend to find really tall, lanky, awkward guys to be really attractive. This might only apply to teenagers. For reference, see: Michael Cera

Zingoleb

« Reply #4440 on: 16 Jun 2009, 22:21 »

I hear there is this thing that is going around, and it may shock you to know, it's called... The flu. He could just have that.

Somehow, I missed this post the first time.

And, yes, I know. I was just being overdramatic/NOT SERIOUS. Hence my words, "He has the flu of some sort."

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #4441 on: 16 Jun 2009, 22:36 »

What the hell, internet? How'd you guys give ME the flu?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Zingoleb

« Reply #4442 on: 16 Jun 2009, 22:45 »

Voodoo.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #4443 on: 16 Jun 2009, 23:13 »

I hope you know that Jamaican Obeah is a much stronger force than Voodoo.

*pulls out chicken blood and dutch pot*
My Last.FM

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4444 on: 16 Jun 2009, 23:24 »

Daer Bolg Trehad,

I just got back from the taping of the 2nd episode of my music show. Setup took longer than expected once again, but once we got rolling, wow! My crew did a fantastic job of getting awesome shots and transitions once again, and the band was just such an amazingly tight unit with great tunes. Right now I feel like I could put my amateur cable access production with local acts up against any music show in the world and we'd come out ok.  8-)

I've also been getting some really nice reactions to the opening of a fantasy novel I'm posting online as a serial (see sig </shameless plug>).

It's just really cool when creative projects start coming together. But I'm so wired right now I'll probably be up until sunrise.  :-o

Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4445 on: 17 Jun 2009, 00:11 »

Jimor -

That's odd, one of my  favourite photographers is named Jim Orr...huh.

Anyways, I'm going to have to read your little story one of these days.

I hope you know that Jamaican Obeah is a much stronger force than Voodoo.

*pulls out chicken blood and dutch pot*

Not strong enough to keep me from giving you the flu.

Edit:

Hai Blaggy!

My father just got home at 3:30 in the morning after partying on a Tuesday night, drunk and vomiting. Between upchucks, he's telling me all the work I have to do for him tomorrow.

Somehow, this does not make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Also, the sound of vomiting is starting to make me feel sick.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2009, 00:23 by Zingoleb »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #4446 on: 17 Jun 2009, 04:02 »

Update on that geetar: It is a Stratocaster with the prettiest finish. Also a princeton 650 amp.

free stuff is nice

Mein Tumblr

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #4447 on: 17 Jun 2009, 04:11 »

Oh shit, Bog Thread, Oh shit.

My final math exam is today and I'm so stressed. I'm scared of just going to the exam and understand nothing of it. I studied all day yesterday, but I'm still stressed as hell. I'll report when it's finished or something.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #4448 on: 17 Jun 2009, 05:06 »

I do not understand my parents! They usually get mad if I don't ask whenever I take a glass of Pepsi Max or stuff like that, and especially if I finish a bottle, so since they weren't home last night, and I brought a bottle with me when I went to a friend's house, I bought a bottle today to replace the one I took.. And then my mother freaks out because I only bought one, not four, because four bought together are 5NOK (about 80 cents) cheaper than four bought separately. So I "lost" (except I didn't really, because I'm not planning on buying those three other bottles) 78 cents of my own money, and she's been mad at me for like an hour. What the fuck?

Also, blog thread, I found out today that the movie theater in my home town apparently won't be showing «Star Trek». What the fuck? Isn't that, like, a huge movie? Really huge? My home town is not that small (about 45k inhabitants). I was going to watch it in the city where I go to uni before I left, but it didn't happen because of various reasons, so now I won't get to see it at all until it's on DVD or until a DVD screener or whatever is released online, because I'm really not planning on watching a telesync-version of it. This sucks. «I Love You, Man» finally came to Norway around mid-June, though, so I'm finally getting to see that one, but «Up» won't be shown here until SEPTEMBER. I hate these fucking delays - they're fucking stupid and absolutely not compatible with the globalization going on. It's the same with TV.. If I wanted to actually watch stuff on a Norwegian schedule instead of downloading it, I would have to stay away from pretty much every entertainment related website for months if I didn't want to be spoiled, and I would miss out on so much fun discussion and stuff like that.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #4449 on: 17 Jun 2009, 05:34 »

I've met your parents. They are nice enough people. Or they were, like 5 years ago. Can't really remember much.

They are not showing Star Trek in Bodø? Oh God, I'm glad I moved south.

Hey, bloggy, today has been slow, but I'm going to be swinging my sword around with great fury and anger skill and control later on.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90   Go Up