Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 19 Nov 2019, 04:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 379575 times)

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #4550 on: 18 Jun 2009, 06:28 »

Am I that awful a person that when it comes to an occasion that reminds everyone about my birth it makes my father want to get catatonically drunk?

Absolutely not. Sometimes parents are just selfish assholes who think mainly of themselves, even to the detriment of their children. I know it's hard to do, but if you realize this and don't take his behavior personally, you will be much happier in the long run. You just put up with it until you have the money to be self-sufficient and move out.

Today is payday, and of course, I'm not getting paid as much as I expected (my fault, I made a mistake figuring it out). So, now I can't buy a dresser or any other furniture for my bedroom, and it's looking like my clothes will have to stay in my laundry basket/floor until fall semester starts.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #4551 on: 18 Jun 2009, 06:36 »

Bible fanfic

I just found a new hobby. Too long since I've written anything, so writing the story of Kain that's jealous of Able because God prefers the way Able has leveled his Pokemon will be a good start.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #4552 on: 18 Jun 2009, 08:42 »

I would definitely read that.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Zingoleb

« Reply #4553 on: 18 Jun 2009, 10:00 »

Blaggy,

I've been really exhausted and sick lately, but that's okay. I'm also starving for food, but that's okay, too. Our tenants have moved out with no notice, and this means I can FINALLY PLAY MY MUSIC AT FULL BLAST ONCE MORE.

Technoooooooo

Also, my father's art show is today, and since I handle the art and sales, I get a decent amount of cash from being there. I usually take half, but since he could possibly make upwards of $2-3000, I might only take a third or quarter. We'll see how it goes.

Jimor

• Duck attack survivor
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4554 on: 18 Jun 2009, 10:25 »

I'm a big advocate of writing what's FUN to you, especially if the alternative is not writing because nothing "important" enough is coming to mind. Even though my own aspirations are professional, I don't look down on folks who like to write fanfiction. I may point and laugh at the crazy shit as much as anybody, but I still respect the effort behind it.

Hey thread,

I'm watching the master from the studio session Tuesday night and goddamn, my crew kicks all kinds of ass. This is WAY beyond what I ever expected getting into this project. It's so fucking beautiful. I also can't say enough good things about the band. A fairly mellow set of country/folk/rock blend, so "rock" isn't quite the right term, but it was such a tight and soulful performance. All On Seven.

I just want to share it with the whole world RIGHT NOW, but there's still a lot of work to put in until it's done and aired. I stand behind what I said, though, about putting this up against any music show anywhere.  8-)
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #4555 on: 18 Jun 2009, 12:24 »

Is there any possibility of you posting your show online?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #4556 on: 18 Jun 2009, 15:32 »

Dear blag,

I was called by the producer of Akademi to a surprise meeting with the Minister of Education this morning. All the finalists and everybody who won any of the peripheral awards (read: all the finalists and me) were there. I kindof wanted to wash my hands after shaking his hand (corrupt motherfuckers always give off a filthy vibe to me). It was all filmed and everything and I don't know why but the producer decided to single me out and talk about me a couple of times and it kinda bothered me.

Also tomorrow I record a playback track of me singing "Mr. Brightside". Found an excellent backing track on the inter-blags that we're gonna use, and on Sunday, the other finalists and I lip-sync to whatever songs we chose (by 'chose' I mean Zana told us that we had to sing something famous with a strong rhythm). Some Italian producer guy is gonna be there, apparently. Dooooon't give a fuck.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92]   Go Up