THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey there, stranger.  (Read 21434 times)

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
Hey there, stranger.
« on: 31 Jan 2009, 05:26 »

I don't have time to read every thread in the newbie forum, I'm not gonna PM everybody, and I have forgotten who most of you are anyway. Tell me about yourself so I can put a personality behind your posts. It ain't a community until I know all about your sordid affairs.
I'll do me later, I got things to do on this day.

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
Re: Hey there, stranger.
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2009, 05:33 »

Well, I am Josef, one of the new bugs. I generally write too much, have an overall bad taste in music and all too sunny a demeanour.

Mostly I am nice and try to be as funny as I can be, I usually fail. I am studying history at Leeds university, specifically the crusades (hooray, religion and violence, together at last), I have never been in paid employment and regularly appera in drama productions, usually as the crazy uncle, or the token "weird one".

I hope one day to be as British as steven Fry, I tend to want to see the best in people (witht he noticeable exception of Ayn Rand) and am an avid reader of Terry Prachett.

Welcome back Mr Darryl

<edit for length, mainly because I didn't think people were going to say this much and I come across as a dull bugger.>
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 08:41 by Josefbugman »
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2009, 05:34 »

Call me Darryl.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2009, 06:30 »

To appease you Darryl, I will tell everyone who I am.

I am Jodie, I am 22!  I live in Australia and I like British boys, 80s goth and kitties.  I have a uni degree in Visual Arts, English Literature and Marketing, and I want to go into publishing or advertising at some point this year.  I am going to America and England to meet the internet in 6 months!
I am addicted to the Mountain Goats.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 06:49 by jodizzle »
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

nobo

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2009, 06:33 »

Hey Darryl,

I'm a 24 year old mechanical engineer doing design work fixing nuclear reactors in north carolina. I'm a former frat boy, kind of a meathead, and i'm Polish.

As for music I like ska, punk, techno and rap, pretty much anything that has energy and isn't too mellow.

Here is a reference pic for you to gauge level of meatheadedness.

Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2009, 06:48 »

Since I'm being nagged, I'll give it a shot.

My name's Gemm, I'm 21 years old and I work in a supermarket, yay. In my childhood I played chess tournaments with kids almost twice my age, and beat them. I went to secondary school and decided to stop playing chess because even though I was good, they wouldn't take me to tournaments because I repeatedly beat "the best player" in the school. Whatever. I then joined gymnastics, and started cheerleading.
I am a retired professional dancer, I danced for money, competitively, and several times in the West End. Possibly my greatest achievement to date was dancing at Sadler's Wells.
I've already been to University once, and had a complete breakdown and had to drop out.
I am starting University again in September to study Computer Game Technology, and hope to one day work for Blizzard or Ubisoft. I kinda wanna be a Frag Doll.
I love to read, and visit the library at least once a week. Whenever I have spare time, I do Stand-Up comedy, and it's possibly the best kind of performance I've ever done. I also play guitar and write music, play around with eye make up, play with photoshop, build websites and blog skins, and of course, play ridiculous amounts of video games. I can't get enough of piercings and tattoos. My favourite band is Killola, and on my desk I have one US Dollar, to give me the incentive to go back to the States one day and spend it.

OH and I'm gay too. :)
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2009, 06:58 »

I am - yet what I am, none cares or knows;
    My friends forsake me like a memory lost;
I am the self-consumer of my woes -
    They rise and vanish in oblivion's host
Like shadows in love-frenzied stifled throes
    And yet I am, and live - like vapors tost

Into the nothingness of scorn and noise.
    Into the living sea of waking dreams.
Where there is neither sense of life or joys
    But the vast shipwreck of my life's esteems;
Even the dearest that I love the best
    Are strange - nay, rather, stranger than the rest.

I long for scenes where man hath never trod
    A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
    And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
    The grass below - above, the vaulted sky.

Josefbugman

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2009, 07:03 »

My favorite poem! What the hell are you doing with that, your a moderator, the very fact that you need to exist to prevent anarchy means you have a point to your existence.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2009, 07:08 »

on my desk I have one US Dollar, to give me the incentive to go back to the States one day and spend it.

That is one of the best things I have ever heard (seen written I guess).
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2009, 07:36 »

Hi, I'm Jace and I'll probably be an alcoholic if I decide to keep working at hotels for the rest of my life.
Barring that I do Kung Fu, and paint miniatures. I also like to sleep and whine about how I can't ask girls out but am surrounded by attractive girls.
I drink a lot of mountain dew because how the fuck else can I stay up all night working at a hotel? Oh, and I do overnights, so I'm up when the aussies are up.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2009, 07:43 »

I'm Dan. I'm 18.9 years old, 176cm tall, and about 70kg despite my almost constant intake of food. At the moment I don't really do much. I've been looking for jobs for the past 8 months in the media/design/creative field (photography, graphic design, web design, film, writing, radio, prostitution) after dropping out of college. I'm fairly intelligent and I have good taste in things and I try to be nice about this and everything else unless you're being completely shit. I think I get along with people fairly well. I enjoy non-competitive sports like skiing, cycling, cuddling, eating, music, urban exploration, drugs, mountain climbing, sexy hot people, and a ton of other things. I don't think this post has been very informative.

tl;dr: I am a pretty ok dude with opinions on things and a lust for mental and physical adventure.

Edit: I am British too. This is a good thing, apparently.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 08:42 by öde »

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2009, 07:52 »

I'm Robbie. 18 year old physics student from Scotland. Most of my time spent as a student is not really physics and is more surfing, trampolining, drinking and gaming. I have a pretty wide taste in music, listening to a lot of Ratatat at the moment. Experimenting with drugs is pretty high on my list of things to do, alongside making a cheesecake and getting better with the ladies. I'm quite the atheist and do enjoy a good cup of tea. Also fly fishing and cycling. I do a lot of fly fishing. And guitar, can't forget playing the guitar.

Hopefully you can get something from that.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 08:33 by ledhendrix »
Get off my land

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2009, 07:59 »

I'm Anthony. 15 years old. Canadian. Is a member of this forum for about a year and half. Started bby posting thing and thought random = laughs. But realised I was being stupid for doing that so decided to lurk more. That also means that I don't post often, unless I find it necessary or worthwhile. I'm in the Advanced Science program in my school, which means I have Advanced Science, Advanced Math, Advanced English and Advanced French. I play the violin and can play the guitar too. I' rather tall for my age, being 178 cm tall. I'm also a bit taller than my Dad. I like all kind of things and don't know what I want to do when I'll finish school. I like music, science, math, linguistics, politics, history and a lot of other things.

That's it, I guess
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #13 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:01 »

I'm Andy, I'm a girly and 5'8 and around 125-130lbs. I am Canadian! I am from small town Nova Scotia.
I'm an artist who is hoping to attend art school in the fall and hopefully major in Illustration(we'll see when I get there as there isn't a whole lot I do already), and work with children's novels. I am a bit hippy dippy sometimes and that is to say I care immensely about all the good things in life(read: love) and tend to rag on the bad things(read: hate). I am all hella into fashion, and I love to read(even though I haven't had time lately).. I like incense, and tea tree oil. I am all hell's of a small town girl, I can't wait to live in a city!

I miss being physically active a whole lot but I feel really bad/pathetic whenever I try, because I am so far gone. I did gymnastics for a while, but was a competitive swimmer for a good chunk of my life. Oh, and I played smear the queer for like three years every day. And hacky sack. I'm going to try and get a lot of hiking/nature walks in when spring hits. I am trying my best but I don't know, I'm going to go for a winter hike right now and feed birds!

Uhhh. I love nature and I spend as much time in trees as the great icey north will permit me to. I love owls and peacocks and chickadees, I really like birds, and animals. I have terrible punctuation because I try to type how I talk/think and that causes a lot of pauses.

I am kind of bad at first impressions.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #14 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:11 »

Hello Daz.

I am Shane, and I am nearly 22. I go to school for business and I want to open up a guitar shop someday. I like your British brand of football, and baseball. I live in the way northwest corner of Massachusetts, about three hours west of Boston, and four hours north of New York City (though if you drive reaaaally fast it's like three and a half).

I play the guitar, though not very well.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #15 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:21 »

My name is Christopher, though many just call me Chris and my usual nickname is Kazoo (as derived from my surname). I'm 21 years old as of the 7th of this month and currently a Junior at the University of California, Merced majoring in Management and minoring in Writing. I've applied for Study Abroad for next semester, so hopefully I'll be taking some business courses at the University of Glasgow this fall. I have a wonderful ladyfriend who I've been dating since late 2006. I tend to be pretty awkward around people I've never but once you've got me properly introduced and past the threshold of "so, what do you like doing?", you cannot shut me up. Does this make me some kind of attention whore? Possibly.

My interests include obscure 90s post-hardcore bands (in addition to a slew of musics of other different genres), audio recording, dystopian and science fiction literature (though I don't read as much as I used to, I need to fix that) good, potentially artery-clogging food, politics (only half the time though), et cetera. I've been playing guitar for about seven and a half years but I don't have a band since I'm too socially weird to ask other people to play a chord progression or something. To this end, I've been playing drums for about seven months and I think I'm good enough to record myself. So I did. I also play some bass and keyboards, though I pretty much suck at the latter. I'd post a link to my music but I think it would be spamming on any board but the music forum.

I hope this is rad enough, because I have to pack up and have breakfast before I drive back to my hometown in about... oh, three or so hours?

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #16 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:29 »

Hello there Darryl.

I'm Nick, one of the Australian contingent- currently living in Sydney, though I'm not originally from here. I'm a scientist, journalism student, and occasional musician/DJ when I find the time to organise gigs or someone convinces me to play for fun, free booze or money. I also design stuff for a hobby, and briefly flirted with the idea of selling some of the things I've designed until I realised I knew nothing about business, manaufacturing, and so on. I'm generally pretty easy-going personality-wise, though I do tend to over think things. While I guess I'm pretty outgoing in meatlife (though I didn't used to be), I'm somewhat shy on the internet. I have deleted many more posts than I've actually written on these forums. I've stuck around because I find the majority of people here to be genuinely engaging, knowledgeable and humorous, which is actually pretty rare as far as forums go.

Anyway, cheers for starting this thread.

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #17 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:37 »

My name is Michael. I have two middle names: they are "Christopher" and "James". I usually omit the James though because every male on my mother's side of the family has James as either a first or middle name after my grandfather. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against my grandfather. I actually look up to him more than anyone in the world. He doesn't even go by James himself; he goes by Bert.

Lots of people think I am a jerk when they first meet me because I have pretty flat affect most of the time. I have been told I have a very soothing voice and that I should read books on tape for a living. I think that would be a pretty excellent job.

I write a lot, but mostly just lists of ideas or single sentences. Sometimes I write short stories. I once wrote a story about a man who goes to the grocery store every Wednesday to buy two kiwis because that is what his dead wife Etheline used to do when she was alive. His name was Mr Green. He was very human. The story was called "Kiwi Day!".

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #18 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:37 »

Hello Darryl!

My name is Elizabeth, but I go by Liz. I am 21 year old female hailing from Minnesota, but I live in Fargo right now to attend school. I'm studying anthropology and history because I like old things and dead people I guess. (Dead people don't complain as much, see). I am excited to graduate so I can get the hell out of this wintry prison. A little store called Bath and Body Works provides my employment by having me lift boxes of shampoos and slather smelly lotions all over the people that come in through the doors. It is a good job.

When I am not working or schooling or sleeping or eating I can normally be found on the internet. It is kind of my thing. Otherwise I spend a fair amount of time sewing, baking, cooking, cleaning, or watching movies. This past Christmas I got a sewing machine and kitchen supplies so I guess I am turning into a little housewife. This is maybe not a bad thing, I cannot decide.

If I have enough money, I am going to be traveling a fair amount this year. For spring break I will probably be taking a road trip to Tennessee with a charter bus full of rad people, and doing some volunteer work. This summer I am am applying for a super awesome internship that I would kill to get (not literally, I am no criminal), and if I get it I will be spending eight weeks in Ohio staring at bones. It would be the Best Thing. Aaaand then there is Chicagocon where I will meet/make out with the internet for a while, so that should be rad.

I think maybe I am a little boring. Oh well.

I have been told I have a very soothing voice and that I should read books on tape for a living. I think that would be a pretty excellent job.

Man. Why have we not Skyped?
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 08:38 by Misconception »
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #19 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:40 »

Well, I am Joe

are you starting some shit here???
     /
 :x

Josefbugman

« Reply #20 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:41 »

errrr, I think I will go change that, so I don't get my face kicked off by angry forumites.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #21 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:44 »

It's alright, I think he was joeking.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #22 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:46 »

Man. Why have we not Skyped?

I don't think I know what that is.

Josefbugman

« Reply #23 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:46 »

I still don't want my face kicked off. That was an angry face smiley, thats the equivalent of the 13 states ceseding from the UK in forum terms. Plus all italics, I am probably being hunted right now!

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:49 »

Hello!

My name is Dominik, I am 22 years old and live in Germany. I study philosophy at the university of Mainz because I have to do something or my parents will kick me out. Other than that I work at a pub and play guitar in a band. Basically I'm bound to end up a very poor alcoholic.

I like music and I read a lot of books. I think I'm a pretty boring person on the forums and haven't contributed much, but you might remember my different haircuts and colours from various picture threads.

Welcome back Darryl!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #25 on: 31 Jan 2009, 08:50 »

I don't think I know what that is.

Skype is a lovely little internet program that lets you talk to people from all over! All you need is to download Skype and buy a microphone or headset, and you can chat it up with anyone else that has the same set up. It is rad.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #26 on: 31 Jan 2009, 09:00 »

Greetings, Darryl

Name's Baz, which is short for Basil which is short for Basil-William. My parents wee a barrel of laughs
I'm 18, study animation at Sheffield Hallma University in the ol' UK, although my home is in Cornwall and I spent 8 years living in New Zealand before that, some time in England, and was actually born in France. Honest. French is my first language, but I speak English much better.
I write, then draw, then realise I should get out but it's raining, so I draw some more, or read.

I'm not as boring as it is implied, although other people might think otherwise and am a shit hairstyle and and now trying to learn more languages than is good for me
There is no sin except stupidity

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #27 on: 31 Jan 2009, 09:19 »

Hi Daz!

I am Lindsey (hence the Linds), too tall for my own good, and currently 22. I finished uni back in June (yay art degree) and am currently working in an art supply store. I am a really boring person.

Yep.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #28 on: 31 Jan 2009, 09:25 »

I'm Paul.  For most of you, I'm pretty much as old as your grandfather.  I hate sports, but cycle to work and to the shops etc; I also do a lot of DIY.  By these means I have managed to be active enough to delay entering the zone of overweight until the last couple of years; I should do something about that, but quite likely won't.  I like being alive, though - which I have managed by surviving three illnesses which each would have killed me if I had been born a mere thirty years earlier.  In spite of this, I am actually by far the healthiest of my family, being the only one with neither a metal joint nor continuing medication.  A healthy mind is just as important, of course, and is best ensured by indulging in continual curiosity.

I am a computer whizz, having started programming in the late 1960s during my Engineering Science degree.  But before entering a lifetime of servitude to the machine, I spent a while at the BBC as a recording engineer ("studio manager" or SM in their lingo).  I am now systems manager for a university department which does research into cancer treatment.  My musical background is entirely classical (cathedral choirboy, studied piano with a concert pianist), with a particular interest in both baroque and contemporary music; but I also have a continuing secondary interest in popular music.

For hobbies, apart from the perpetual DIY (which is getting tedious these days, frankly), I play with my dogs, do a bit of photography, sing in a choir, and am making a simple organ console at home (I've got the pedals and manuals, which I am in the process of MIDIfying).  But my most serious hobby is sound recording, which I do in surround, using a technology known as Ambisonics; my son is a professional pianist, and several of his released CDs were recorded and mastered by me.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #29 on: 31 Jan 2009, 09:34 »

Hi Daz,

My name is Eric which is actually my middle name. My first name being Stephen but I was never called that except by teachers who couldn't quite understand that I went by my middle name.
I am 45 years old which makes me the fifth oldest person here. Celtic Geek, Paul, Orbert, and Tragic_Pizza thwarting my idea of changing my forum name to Older Than You.

I live in Norfolk, Virginia in an area known as either Tidewater or Hampton Roads. We took most of our city names from dear ol' Blighty. I have lived in this area all my life and my current abode is about a one mile from where I was born. I work for the city of Virginia Beach as a GIS Technician. That's GIS as in Geographic Information System and not Google Image Search.

My hobbies include reading and playing Role-Playing Games, Board Games (mostly wargames), and the occasional video game. I spent way too much time in front of a computer.
I tend to lurk both here and on Gabbly/Meebo. Although there are times when I am probably too chatty on Gabbly. I am mostly known for my inability to type well prompting Edith to call me Hamhands. The name amused me so much that it is now part of my Gabbly name.

« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2009, 07:10 by CardinalFang »
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #30 on: 31 Jan 2009, 09:35 »

Hello internet people,

My name is James. I am from (and live!) in a small town called Hull just south of Boston, MA. I'm 20 years old, 6'2", 165 pounds, AKA wiry. I have much longer hair than most men. I like to read, mostly graphic and fantasy novels. I like movies, and music, mostly rock of many kinds. I am a drummer, been playing for a little over 12 years now. I play a pearl export select kit that I bought 4 or 5 years ago, with a mishmash of cymbals. I play mostly rock and funk, with a bit of jazz. I also sing and play very little guitar very badly. I go to college at UMass Boston, in my first year there after dropping out of my 1st college, and taking a year off. I spend too much time on the internet, and not nearly enough with my dwindling supply of meatlife friends. I like dogs and kittens. I have a nigh-on fanatical devotion to the Red Sox and Patriots. I like to ski, a lot, and I am quite good at it. I would like to become a wildly successful professional musician, and short of that, have no goals or ideas for what to do with my life.

Yay.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #31 on: 31 Jan 2009, 09:37 »

James, why did you not come to Bostoncon?

(also, what are you at UMB for? Once I get my associates, I'm transferring there for Marketing)
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #32 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:37 »

Darryl you know who I am. You are the first person I ever talked to outside the forums.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #33 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:41 »

I know most of you. Not everybody else does. Introduce yourself. Now.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #34 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:43 »

I'm Brittany, I'm almost 23 and I'm old school of this forum and I keep finding people who I thought were just new who were actually oldsters from before who changed their names. My avatar used to be the happiest butterfly in the whole world that I drew in paint. I loved twee so so so much at the time, and my favorite post I've ever made was

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Troublemaker 1,

Please2  don't ask me to explain3  pre-marital sex4 . They're controlling our minds5! Wouldn't it be nice6 if you knew7  Rory rides me raw8? In a funny way9, now that I miss her10, you think you're a man11! To hell with good intentions12, I was watching your eyes13 between the bars14 like a monkey at the zoo15.

1. All Girl Summer Fun Band
2. Apples in Stereo
3. Of Montreal
4. Daniel Johnston
5. Misty's Big Adventure
6. Beach Boys
7. Neko Case
8. Vaselines
9. Mercury Rev
10. Elefant
11. Vaselines
12. McLusky
13. Of Montreal
14. Elliot Smith
15. Daniel Johnston
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #35 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:56 »

Hello Darryl and extended forum

Simon, 20, currently in Edinburgh, Scotland but I split my time between there, NYC, and Gent, Belgium. I'm a comp sci student at uni here, and plan on attending some sort of other higher education that would involve preferably graphic design or computer arts.

I love music, snowboarding, playing guitar, and sleeping. Sleeping is the best. Sleeping is rad.

On my bedside table is 1 flask, 1 Nine Stories by Salinger, 1 lime green gameboy color with pokemon yellow (or tetris) in it, 1 recorder, 1 book on cryptography, 50 little vouchers for dominoes pizza deals.

Summer after graduation The Plan is to go WWOOFing across Southern America, traveling between places by biking. This is something that I am really excited about.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #36 on: 31 Jan 2009, 11:03 »

James, why did you not come to Bostoncon?

(also, what are you at UMB for? Once I get my associates, I'm transferring there for Marketing)

Hmm, not sure! I don't think I was actually aware of it at the time. I'm currently undeclared at UMB, probably going to be majoring in music though, possibly minoring/doubling in philosophy or political science.

EDIT: Shane, when do you think you're transferring?
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 13:13 by Dazed »
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #37 on: 31 Jan 2009, 11:04 »

Hello, introduce yourself take 2!

I am Mari (pronounced more like Mah-ree than Mary, I think), and I just turned 22. I hail from the great North, aka Northern Norway, but I'm currently attending university a bit further south. I'm hopefully on my way to a master's degree in computer science, but I guess we'll see how that goes. I'm about halfway there now. This basically means I'm a bit of a geek, but not as knowledgable as I should be to be a "real" geek. Working on that, though.

When I'm not trying to get through school, I watch a lot of TV shows (not TV in general, just specific shows mostly) or sports (especially Norwegian football, with my favourite team being Bodø/Glimt, but also a lot of winter sports). I also knit, watch movies, juggle (not any good) and sometimes work out or read. I sadly mostly read things required for school (or, you know, things online), and I don't even do enough of that, but at least it's something. What I do most of, though, is spend a fuckton of time online doing absolutely nothing of significance, which I guess is kinda sad. But I'm improving, at least.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #38 on: 31 Jan 2009, 11:12 »

Me llamo Jason.

I'm a 19 year old guy living in the US, right on the border between Wisconsin and Illinois, about an hour from Chicago. Going to a Liberal Arts college, where I'm double-majoring in International Relations and Spanish and minoring in Music. I am horrible at maths.

Music is pretty alright in my book. My musical talent is the one thing I allow myself to be kind of proud and occasionally boastful about. I've been playing piano since first grade, trumpet since 4th, guitar since 5th, singing since 6th and started violin last year.

Travelling is kind of my thing, whether by car, boat, train or plane. I've been to all 50 states except Maine and Hawaii.  I've been to all of Western Europe and plan on studying abroad in either Spain or Turkey. I want to go to countries in Eastern Europe (Finland, Estonia, Ukraine, Russia. Croatia, Greece, Turkey), South America (Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia), South-east Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand), the Middle East (Syria, Iran) and the Great Lakes region of Africa (Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania)

Politics, news and current events are big interests of mine, mostly on the international level. I'm somewhat afflicted with cartocacoethes , the inclination to see maps everywhere. Countries are artificial entities, but I find them fascinating. I find science fascinating, but I kind of suck at it class-wise.

Also to be completely honest, I'm not sure why I'm a member of these forums.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 12:17 by RedLion »
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #39 on: 31 Jan 2009, 11:54 »

jason, huh? how you doin'?(i will do this once i am at home and not on cell phone internet.)
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #40 on: 31 Jan 2009, 12:11 »

Hello,

My name is Oli and I am in my second year of study at the University of Glasgow (Christophe get in touch if you're coming in autumn) in Glasgow, Scotland. I study English literature and Philosophy and am intending to take either a single honours degree in English literature or a joint honours degree combining both English literature and Philosophy in my 3rd and 4th years. The areas I particularly enjoy are Post-Modernism, Modernism and 20th Century American Literature.

Probably my favourite book is The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis, but some days I think The Subterraneans by Jack Kerouac is the bee's knees.

I love an awful lot of music - what a surprise! - and if pressed I'd probably call Deerhoof my favourite band, or at least the time I saw them my favourite gig. I have a drum kit in my attic and I used to play all the time, but I couldn't play for my first year of Uni (the drum kit living not with me) and have not really picked it back up. I have played a few gigs in Glasgow with a band I used to be in and I have some fun stories from them; I guess if you ask me nicely I will tell you them.

Another thing I do is cooking. Sometimes I cook big meals for lots of people and that is a lot of fun. I got some excellent non-stick cake tins for last Christmas and that made me pretty happy.

Sometimes I like to write and I am pretty terrified at the prospect of entering the Real World.

I joined the forum in November 2005 after my discovery of Nothing Nice To Say in September of that year caused a foray into the world of web comics. My username was originally Nolaw_Nocrime because of a song by The Damned. I am so punx.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #41 on: 31 Jan 2009, 12:14 »

Hi, I'm Bryce, I hail from 6' up and weigh in at 140lbs. I'm a student in Ottawa studying economics and math while doing volunteer work in Parliament. I tend to be pretty quiet as I like to keep my opinions to myself. I'm an avid skier and biker and am learning how to play hockey in this frozen city. Je suis essaye etudier Francais parce que je veux travailler au Parliament. I'm going to spend my summer camping in Nothern Ontario while working for a reforestation company. For fun I read everything I can get my hands on, play the sax, drink coffee, meditate, drink beer, and smoke weed.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #42 on: 31 Jan 2009, 13:01 »

I am kind of bad at first impressions.

My first impression of you was a lady on an internet forum with a modblog avatar. Clearly you are not as bad as you think you are.

You thought I was a dude on the internet forum with a modblog avatar. :C
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: 31 Jan 2009, 13:09 »

jason, huh? how you doin'?

yelley, no, this will only end in heart break

I would say you know me Darryl, but then again we don't really talk.  I'm Matt, I'd say sovereign of the Intro threads but I don't like having a big head.

I'm a hefty 20 year old college student working towards being a mortician.  I enjoy many video games, any piece of literature I can get my hands on, and any piece of music that I can dance to in my own nerdy way.

I like to look on the bright side of things, and despite all the things that I have dragging me down I think I do pretty well.

Besides being hefty I hear I'm a pretty big guy.  I currently stand at 6'2".
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 13:13 by Blue Kitty »

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #44 on: 31 Jan 2009, 13:11 »

Hi!

My name's Elizabeth, but I go by Elizzybeth around here.  I joined the forum in June 2007 and lurk a lot more than I post.  I'm working toward an M.A. in English literature on the Central Coast of California, living with my computer programmer boyfriend, and working as a tutor at the writing lab on campus.  I grew up in Los Angeles, where I started university at the age of not-quite-thirteen through a special program.  Sometimes I worry that my relative youth--I'm 18 now--is the only thing I've got going for me, and once I'm the same age as my colleagues, a gong will sound somewhere in the cosmos and everyone will realize that I'm not actually very interesting at all.

Though I read voraciously and indiscriminately, F. Scott Fitzgerald is currently my favorite novelist and E.E. Cummings is my favorite poet.  I listen to a lot of Elliott Smith and Wilco, and I just came upon five gigabytes of solo piano music that I'm absolutely loving (the Chopin's great).  I took ten years of piano lessons and eight years of violin lessons, but I don't play much anymore except for laying down occasional background tracks for this apocalyptic concept album a friend devised while on acid.

I lived in Italy for three months with a family of architects, playing au pair to their children and attending Italian-for-second-language-learners classes at a local high school.

I was raised Quaker.  My favorite food is raw tomatoes, but spaghetti and steamed spinach are close.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #45 on: 31 Jan 2009, 13:21 »

I'm Paul.  For most of you, I'm pretty much as old as your grandfather.

I'm David.

My Grandfather on my mother's side is a Diabetic bum and an asshole who depends on my mother for every single thing, regardless of the fact that he was a horrible father. My grandfather on my father's side ran away when my father was 17.

Will you be my grandfather?

I'm just like J/Yeans with the really skinny, fat on the inside thing. I bought a 15 piece bucket of chicken for a new years party that very few people came to, and ate it over the next 4 days, along with a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi.
I hail from Jamaica, and...
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #46 on: 31 Jan 2009, 13:28 »

Hi, I'm Bryce, I hail from 6' up and weigh in at 140lbs. I'm a student in Ottawa studying economics and math while doing volunteer work in Parliament. I tend to be pretty quiet as I like to keep my opinions to myself. I'm an avid skier and biker and am learning how to play hockey in this frozen city. Je suis essaye etudier Francais parce que je veux travailler au Parliament. I'm going to spend my summer camping in Nothern Ontario while working for a reforestation company. For fun I read everything I can get my hands on, play the sax, drink coffee, meditate, drink beer, and smoke weed.

It should be: J'essaie d'étudier le Français parce que je veux travailler au Parlement. J'applaudis ton effort. C'est avec la pratique qu'on devient meilleurs.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #47 on: 31 Jan 2009, 13:35 »

It should be: J'essaie d'étudier le Français parce que je veux travailler au Parlement. J'applaudis ton effort. C'est avec la pratique qu'on devient meilleurs.

I miss being able to write in French. I can still read it and understand it when it is spoken to me but I have lost my ability to speak/write it.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #48 on: 31 Jan 2009, 13:37 »

I know most of you. Not everybody else does. Introduce yourself. Now.

oh, so this is for introducing ourselves to other people too? Come to think of it, I no longer have my name in my sig so I suppose newbies maybe don't realize I'm this Joe person liz keeps making fun of.

So yeah, my name's Joe. I live in Chicago and I make digital art (the link in my sig goes to my website). Despite the jokes some people will make, I am not the oldest person around here, but I am older than most.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #49 on: 31 Jan 2009, 15:13 »

I miss being able to write in French. I can still read it and understand it when it is spoken to me but I have lost my ability to speak/write it.

I have the same problem but with the Arabic language. When I was a kid, I used to be able to talk rather fluently in Arabic, but now, I can only understand it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up