THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 05:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT February 2-6  (Read 103333 times)

jordinyc

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: WCT February 2-6
« Reply #250 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:00 »

Who takes off all of their clothes for couch-fuckin'? Seriously nobody.

R--ri-right... Right right! Nobody...<shifty eyes>

unless she's chunky I take off all her clothes.  In this case she isn't so she'd be just that nakie.

... must .. resist ... Rick ... James ... joke ... 

epitomynut

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #251 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:08 »

I have a few things to say in regards to today's strip.

-Gina's breasts are a perfect size to me. Not too big, not too small, just enough I can cup 'em all. I like breasts in the B-D cup range.
-Faye walking in on them may not be bad for Sven. Faye is currently drunk as well. And evidenced by the Vulcan Boob Squish, her sexual inhibitions are lessened, possibly leaving her open to the idea of a threesome. Which would lead to more drama.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #252 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:13 »

The new XKCD is amusingly appropriate.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

starlikeshine

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #253 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:28 »

I think it would be kind of cool if everything wasn't all explode-y from Faye. Wouldn't it be nice if MARTEN was the one defending her honor? Thus perhaps creating a Marten-Faye vs. Dora-Sven issue? (Because c'mon... she's his sister, no matter what they say, i see her defending him because of blood, if not because Faye has been unreasonabley unwilling to commit.) I don't like the idea that Faye will freak out and be mad... I would kind of prefer her crushed, then forgiving, then moving on to be stable enough for a real relationship. With the coffee house annoyer. Or Steve. hahahaha. Maybe not Steve.

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #254 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:37 »

whoa, didn't see that coming
Damnit Sven!!!!
 :x
Come on, guys. Really? What did you think Sven, possibly one of the biggest manwhores ever, was going to do.
"Oh hey we can't fuck I have this girl that I fuck on a regular basis that is sort of a relationship I guess."
No.
So Faye will be mad at Sven for doing this...  She'll still go back to him eventually because the sex is good or else she'll have to find something or someone else to replace him.

It also after time may force emotions from both of them to be put out in the open and they end up working through it and making their "open-exclusive relationship" more of a "serious-exclusive relationship".

But most likely Sven won't take any of her shit and that will be that.  Personality clash between the two of them for a relationship to work out.

Faye should of been sleeping around as well anyways, because fuck buddies are only about as good as the different amount of posisitions you can try with them.  Just my humble opinion.
So instead of sticking with one person, you advise being a slut.
And how is this "Sven not taking any of her shit?" He's fucking cheating on her, and he even knows it.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2009, 05:46 by TheReaper »
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

FireAarro

• Curry sauce
  • Cold Lemmin' With Flava
« Reply #255 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:46 »

Wait, since when has Faye expected Sven to stay loyal to her? I don't remember that happening; I know she doesn't like him screwing around but did they actually make a deal? Got a link?

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #256 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:47 »

I really hope Faye doesn't have a key to Sven's Place, that could be bad for all involved...

The real question is, does Sven confess at Coffee of Doom or somewhere else. At Coffee of Doom there are witnesses, but there is also a broad sword.

Sven tells Faye, Faye bursts into sobs, all the lights go out and when they come back on, Sven is lying on the floor with the broadsword in his chest.

whodunnit?

option 1: Faye, for obvious reasons
option 2: Marten, for breaking Faye's heart
option 3: Dora, same reason
option 4: Raven, out of jealousy
option 5: Hannelore, because she's effing crazy
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

BryanP

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #257 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:51 »

It would be more amusing if Dora somehow walked in.  "Dammit, I knew this would happen!  Don't you $%^&* do this to her you bastard!"

Thorbard

« Reply #258 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:59 »

Wait, since when has Faye expected Sven to stay loyal to her? I don't remember that happening; I know she doesn't like him screwing around but did they actually make a deal? Got a link?

Faye said at one point that, in short, she didn't care, but that it was over between them if he got with anyone else.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #259 on: 06 Feb 2009, 06:14 »

Come on, guys. Really? What did you think Sven, possibly one of the biggest manwhores ever, was going to do.
"Oh hey we can't fuck I have this girl that I fuck on a regular basis that is sort of a relationship I guess."
No.

So instead of sticking with one person, you advise being a slut.
And how is this "Sven not taking any of her shit?" He's fucking cheating on her, and he even knows it.

I honestly can't tell if you switched positions mid-post.
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Mallli_kite

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #260 on: 06 Feb 2009, 06:19 »

I think Sven doesn't know how to say "no".  It's a brand new concept in his life when it comes to attractive women and sex.  He's always been a "yes" sort of guy.

I think that is probably the fairest presumption about Sven I have heard. You can really sense this in the fact that he does not seem to want something to happen with this chick. She just found him sexy, as many women in this strip are prone to do, and he did what he has always done because he does not know any better. I suppose the positive thing here is that he at acknowledges that he has done wrong, but I am almost dreading what Monday's comic will bring. I just doubt Faye can "handle" something like this; she starts to get into a relationship and then he goes and "cheats" on her, like she assumed he would.

I had another thought (happens from time to time) -- what if this is a big revelation to Sven that he has this hot sex with this redheaded singer...AND IT IS NOT SO MUCH FUN?  I mean, it would seem in Sven's world that any sex not leading to an infection or an encounter with a weapon is good sex.   I wonder how many times he's been with some new chickie baby and been THIS distracted? What if this sex ends up being not so much fun? He has a habitual set of responses to certain stimuli, and right now he's actually having some thoughts about what he's doing instead of just going mindlessly along.  That kind of thing happens a fair bit with people trying to change destructive habits.

Could this be where he realizes he does have feelings for Faye, when he doesn't conveniently forget her in the *ahem* arms of another woman?

I'm not saying it wouldn't rip Faye up, but then again -- she's EXPECTING to be betrayed.  Seriously, does she believe Sven capable of monogamy under the conditions she's specified?   It's almost like she set herself up to prove her fears. (Oh, no one does that, right?  No Self fulfilling prophecies and other catch phrases...)  

Sigh poor Faye, though.  Few things are quite so painful as saying "i told you so" to yourself.

I'm betting on the intern as the source of the information.  I wonder if she was dumped at the concert, shoved off as Sven went into his little mating ritual.  Did she leave on her own, by her own choice, or will she be pissed or disgusted at Sven?
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
« Reply #261 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:06 »

Goddammit.  The FIRST TIME I DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE STRIP TITLE OMGZ.

Anyway, damn.  Just, damn.

Chuchundra

« Reply #262 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:31 »

Did I miss the comic where Sven recanted his declaration of non-exclusivity with Faye? Because otherwise I don't see how this is cheating or why Sven is thinking that he's done something wrong here.

This comic would be a lot better if Jeph wasn't such a beta male.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #263 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:35 »

I feel bad that Faye is going to get hurt, even though I'm not fond of her character, however I still don't see how it is a betrayal if the relationship is open.  I'm poly, so I grant that makes my perspective somewhat different from the general population, but I seriously don't get the "OMG Sven is such an asshole" comments on this one.  Yea he is hurting her, but he is not violating any rules since Faye, despite what she might really feel, has explicitly stated that they are not in a relationship.  Would Sven have eventually cheated anyway? Maybe, but at least then she would be justified in her perturbation.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
  • I am Dozer the Dozarian... bring me marshmelons...
    • I'm old but I have a myspace...
« Reply #264 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:56 »

Again... everyone is assuming that Sven has to tell Faye about this.  Why would he?  If she doesn't burst in and find them, why would he tell her?  If Sven really has the epiphany that some of you(us) are describing, wouldn't telling Faye to help him get over the guilt be incredibly selfish.  I know all the arguments for and against telling her so no need to rehash them. 

But if Sven really wants to have a relationship with Faye, A REAL RELATIONSHIP, he needed to have this moment.  He needed to understand that there was a side to himself that he had to deal with.

I mentioned in another post about addicts and relapses.  If the sex thing is an addiction for Sven, why wouldn't we expect him to have the occasional relapse?  Infidelity is a little harder to cope with sometimes than recurring drug use, for sure, but if you love someone with an affliction like this, you have to accept that that's part of it and either cope, or leave. 

Any way you look at it, I don't think that Faye and Sven are done just yet.
It is what it is... But if I kill it, then is is dead?  So if dead is is, is it dead?

Vuntic

« Reply #265 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:58 »

Hello.

I have registered to this forum for one reason only: I must state that

Sven's pun is entirely and totally awful. In a good way.

"Okay now I am officially screwed" --Sven

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #266 on: 06 Feb 2009, 08:32 »

So what if Sven hooked up with her?

People who use the term "womanizer" are being just as hypocritical about the whole situation since they think that just because he slept with Faye a few times means he is in a ball an chain situation.
Help bring back the dragons!

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #267 on: 06 Feb 2009, 09:09 »

No, but they do appear to be in a relationship. 

Being in a relationship means that you do need to take the other person's feelings into account every once in a while.  Faye does not seem to be OK with the concept of an "open relationship", she may have difficulties articulating it, but I believe that the two them had come to an unspoken understanding of being in an exclusive relationship.  And Sven has committed the cardinal relationship sin of breaking trust. 

So now he has to:

a.  Keep his yap shut, and carry on as before (which while possible in real life is impossible in the world of entertainment unless the author decides that it can be so - at least until he can come up with a good storyline);
b.  Confess, and try to fix the relationship;
c.  Confess, and break off the relationship; and
d.  Seek protection in a non-extradition country.

Anyway that Jeph cares to play it is OK with me - so long as the story is entertaining.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

teh_Shannon

• Not quite a lurker
    • Myspace'd
« Reply #268 on: 06 Feb 2009, 09:24 »

I can definitely see where Faye will be hurt and pissed hardcore, however...what if she's not?  If we'll all refer back to comic 1328 (http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1328), the last time we saw Sven and Faye together, Faye doesn't exactly look happy.  I'd definitely say that that isn't a sigh of contentment, so perhaps she is really unhappy with Sven, and the current state of their relationship.  We can assume that this means,
A. She really cares for him and wants to move forward into a more conventional relationship, or
B. She's tired of this kind of arrangement and wants to end it.
So perhaps this ordeal will be just what she needs to allow her to do so.  That some comic (1328) also provides evidence that Marten isn't happy either, which would be some serious foreshadowing for a potential Faye Marten drunken hookup, as others have said.

Course, she might just be really sad and hate Sven, and perhaps even kill him with the Malaysian battle spatula.  That fucker's sharp.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2009, 09:30 by teh_Shannon »

Milesb

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #269 on: 06 Feb 2009, 09:44 »

...I believe that the two them had come to an unspoken understanding of being in an exclusive relationship.  And Sven has committed the cardinal relationship sin of breaking trust. 

I disagree with this point. It seemed to me like Faye has avoided really talking about it truthfully and has often told Sven things which contradict her actions. You can make an argument for him knowing what she wanted with him anyway and not caring, which would make him an asshole, though. I think the more likely thing is that he honestly doesnt know what she wants and he's playing it by ear, choosing not to stick his neck out over it.

His inner commentary shows he's confused, at least; he's not playing this out like some macho manwhore, he seems to have an element of remorse about it. I mean, it might be because he's afraid of the trouble rather than the morality of it, but smeh.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #270 on: 06 Feb 2009, 09:48 »

just because he slept with Faye a few times means he is in a ball an chain situation.
Er, wargrafix, weren't you paying attention to the last panel? While I agree that there's a case to be made about Faye bringing any hurt she feels on herself by fence-straddling, it's pretty clear Sven must think he's in a commitment of some sort. Otherwise, why the worry? In fact, why the 'it's only…' comments all the way through? And if you think (as opposed to saying, sometimes also known as lying) you're committed, you pretty much are, yes?

As for simply fearing trouble, Sven seems mostly to only do this after he's had his fun. We've seen this several times now. But worrying about it beforehand is new.

What would be really interesting: Faye finds out, then Sven goes into the whole Swiffer commercial* thing about it while Dora, observing her brother contrite, goes into shock. It seems completely out of character, but then it also seems to me to be out of character for Sven to give a wet slap about the next minute, relationship-wise, much less the next day. Particularly mid-coitus.

*I always thought whoever wrote "Baby Come Back" (vapid lyrics, limp melody, lame guitar lead) ought to be made to eat two thousand copies of it ('twas back in the days of vinyl). But the mariachi band actually makes it sound not half-bad.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2009, 09:50 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

johnnynutty

• Not quite a lurker
  • Quick...say something...darn.
« Reply #271 on: 06 Feb 2009, 10:11 »

Gina Riversmith has no earlobes except in the last panel. What gives?

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #272 on: 06 Feb 2009, 10:52 »

Since Sven and Gina are having sex right now, I predict this course...

- Faye walks in

- Walks out crying (neither Gina nor Sven realize that she has seen them)

And cue ANGUS.

- Faye sleeps with Angus

- Sven finds out but doesn't reprimand Faye (even though he is hurt inside), realizing that it would be hypocritical

- Faye doesn't get mad at him either (though she is also sad inside)

- Sven wonders why she isn't angry, then finds out about Angus and Faye (Fangus?) and that Faye knows about him and Gina

And cue mind-boggling amounts of DRAMA.

*Edit:  This took me so long to write I literally forgot what was at the top.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2009, 10:56 by The Joker »
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

innermoppet

• Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #273 on: 06 Feb 2009, 11:06 »

I really hope Jeph doesn't have Faye walk in on this. I'd be more interested in seeing how Sven actually handles it if Faye doesn't know about it. It's not an exclusive relationaship but they had a friendship first and Faye expected manogamy and Sven appeared to accept her expectations. I'm curious if Sven is going to be decent, sleazy or cowardly.

A decent person would admit what they did and give Faye the option of sticking around or walking away. A sleazeball would keep sleeping with Faye and not tell her. A coward would break it off with Faye immediately and never tell her, thus sparing her heart.

What kind of guy is Sven?

I think he's a coward.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #274 on: 06 Feb 2009, 11:18 »

Nothing good can immediately come from this.

Oh YES it CAN!  Single-Malt Scotch time!!

Thank you Jeph, for helping me kill myself with alcohol poisioning!!!

You da man!! *HIC*

Ultimate Bitch-Slap to Faye...much high-quality drinkies for me!!

WOOHOO.

I guess Jeph figured EVERYBODY should be pickled.

Thanks again!  Woohooo!!

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #275 on: 06 Feb 2009, 11:42 »

Sven's best course of action, as far as I can see ...

(1) Let Gina leave in the morning without dropping any "that was a mistake" bombs on her.  She doesn't deserve them.
(2) Tell Faye "I think you should know that I slept with someone last night, and it sucked ... I'm not used to this and I think it has to do with you, I consider what I did a mistake and my relationship with you is the reason why.  I feel like I owe you an apology.  If you want to cut things off with me I'll understand but I also want you to know that it's also true that I want to keep things up with you, so take that for what it is."
(3) Evade beatings somehow.

I mean, if I were him, that's what I'd do.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

fishyfish777

« Reply #276 on: 06 Feb 2009, 12:03 »

Sven's best course of action, as far as I can see ...

(1) Let Gina leave in the morning without dropping any "that was a mistake" bombs on her.  She doesn't deserve them.
(2) Tell Faye "I think you should know that I slept with someone last night, and it sucked ... I'm not used to this and I think it has to do with you, I consider what I did a mistake and my relationship with you is the reason why.  I feel like I owe you an apology.  If you want to cut things off with me I'll understand but I also want you to know that it's also true that I want to keep things up with you, so take that for what it is."
(3) Evade beatings somehow.

I mean, if I were him, that's what I'd do.

Man, Sven's going to get the broadsword.
I can't wait to see faye's reaction...

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #277 on: 06 Feb 2009, 12:11 »

That may very well be the best course of action, but it isn't necessarily the one that will be taken - afterall, how many of the characters deal with life'd problems in a way that won't give us as much drama as Jeph can stand?
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

wannabeindiesloane

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • reeeh!!!
« Reply #278 on: 06 Feb 2009, 12:31 »

QUE ANGUS HOOK UP!!!
scalfs, cardigans, coats and a bad taste in music...

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #279 on: 06 Feb 2009, 12:45 »

QUE ANGUS HOOK UP!!!

Hello no. I hope Angus is dead.

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #280 on: 06 Feb 2009, 13:12 »

It's not an exclusive relationaship but they had a friendship first and Faye expected manogamy and Sven appeared to accept her expectations. I'm curious if Sven is going to be decent, sleazy or cowardly.

A decent person would admit what they did and give Faye the option of sticking around or walking away. A sleazeball would keep sleeping with Faye and not tell her. A coward would break it off with Faye immediately and never tell her, thus sparing her heart.

I think he's a coward.

Why would not telling her, when they aren't in an acknowledged, committed relationship be being a sleezeball?  And what makes you so sure that a decent person would tell her?  Realistically, as I mentioned earlier, no, no, no... Let me just quote them:

My last point with Sven is this: unless Faye walks in on them, why would he be obliged to tell her?  Sometimes it's better to not tell things like this just to clear your own conscience.  We've discussed that in other threads in other places on the forums.  But as long as he realizes what he did and doesn't let it happen again, maybe it's best if he just eats the guilt and doesn't add that stress to an otherwise, possibly burgeoning relationship...  Just my two cents there...

Again... everyone is assuming that Sven has to tell Faye about this.  Why would he?  If she doesn't burst in and find them, why would he tell her?  If Sven really has the epiphany that some of you(us) are describing, wouldn't telling Faye to help him get over the guilt be incredibly selfish.  I know all the arguments for and against telling her so no need to rehash them. 

But if Sven really wants to have a relationship with Faye, A REAL RELATIONSHIP, he needed to have this moment.  He needed to understand that there was a side to himself that he had to deal with.

And finally:
I thought the moral of the story there was to learn to keep a secret? Just because you screwed up yourself doesn't mean you should screw things up for the other person by ending it out of guilt/hurting them with the information. (I know a lot of people will disagree with me here, but that's fine and reasonable)

I didn't tell her why I broke up with her...  Just that the distance and everything made it too difficult to keep up my end of it.  That I didn't want to deal with it for the next 3-4 years while she finished university.  I never told her I cheated on her.  And no, I don't think that keeping a secret in that situation is the wrong thing to do...  She deserved better than that and we were both young.  She had time to find someone else and she did...  Relationships based on false pretenses, regardless of their intent, are often not long for things.  And in this situation, she was forced to deal with it in a very definitive way.  It gave her a solid chance for closure without the idea of what could have been...

Well, that's a lot of quoting, but in the end, it should help get my point across.  Sometimes you have to deal with your own guilt and not force others to live through it just to help you do it.  Sometimes a little lie is better than destroying someone's sense of being just so you can have a clear conscience.  Besides, in the end, if the relationship can handle the strain, it'll handle it better later than it will now.  If it's meant to be, it'll be.
It is what it is... But if I kill it, then is is dead?  So if dead is is, is it dead?

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #281 on: 06 Feb 2009, 13:12 »

QUE ANGUS HOOK UP!!!

Hello no. I hope Angus is dead.

And AMEN to that.

iconmaster

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #282 on: 06 Feb 2009, 13:43 »

Gina Riversmith has no earlobes except in the last panel. What gives?

I'm surprised anyone was looking at her earlobes.
It is hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.

Morgil

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #283 on: 06 Feb 2009, 13:48 »

Oh great, I usually read QC at school during my math hours. Well, I think I have to live with the fact that the row behind me will now think I am a pervert. At least this comic compensates this for me - it was not the worst image I stumbled upon during the math hours and the teacher wasn't nearby.
Great one, can't wait to see how the story continues - if Jeph needs a whole day to plan it, there will neither be a "I'm sorry, kisskisskiss" nor will Dora or Faye just make mincemeat of him.

BekkahJane24

« Reply #284 on: 06 Feb 2009, 14:22 »

So perhaps this ordeal will be just what she needs to allow her to do so.  That some comic (1328) also provides evidence that Marten isn't happy either, which would be some serious foreshadowing for a potential Faye Marten drunken hookup, as others have said.

Course, she might just be really sad and hate Sven, and perhaps even kill him with the Malaysian battle spatula.  That fucker's sharp.

I don't think that Marten is unhappy, perhaps listless? I mean, just because he's sighing.... and looking pensive... maybe he's just thinking about taking his and Dora's relationship to the next level? Now *That* would be a fun house-hold to visit. Dora and Marten all loved up, Pintsize annoying the crap out of Faye... LoL.

innermoppet

• Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #285 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:09 »

Why would not telling her, when they aren't in an acknowledged, committed relationship be being a sleezeball?  And what makes you so sure that a decent person would tell her?

Because sex has repurcussions beside emotional ones. A decent person would not sleep with Faye again until she knew because there these things out there called STD'S. People who engage in drunken sex with strangers should be especially concerned about them. Whether they are in a committed relationship or not, Faye should get to decide if she wants to keep sleeping with him, knowing his sexual behavior. As a friend, let alone a lover, He should either tell her or he shouldn't sleep with her again. If he kept sleeping with her without telling her, he would be putting her health at risk and that would make him a "sleazeball".

A cowardly person would just end things with her (to spare her feelings) and never tell her what happened. It sounds decent from the outside but usually when you don't share the truth, it's less about sparing feelings and more about avoiding the repurcussions of your actions. Given how Sven has handled previous ex-girlfriends, I think he will take the cowardly way out and not tell her, but will end it with her.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?

-Supernatural-

ndperfesser

• Plantmonster
« Reply #286 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:15 »

Since Sven and Gina are having sex right now, I predict this course...

- Faye walks in

- Walks out crying (neither Gina nor Sven realize that she has seen them)

- The next day hunts down the "woman who done her wrong"
 - Warily, they look each other over to see "what Sven sees in that *****"
 - DAMN!!!
 - FAGINA!!!!!!!

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #287 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:20 »

Hooo boy!!!

I can see a lot of drama coming out of this.

Sven Angst
More Faye angst
Dora in Kill mode
Marten in 'Your dead Sven!' mood

Personally, I think that this is the point where either Sven and Faye move on to a new level or Sven in serious danger of his life and runs off to join the Foreign Legion.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #288 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:20 »

On a completely different note, I was rather amused that the "only country singer[Sven] likes" is apparently one of the popstar-like chicks who've been overrunning and corrupting actual good country music for the last few years.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #289 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:28 »

Fagina—man, there oughta be a law. And if there ever is, ndperfesser, you better hide.

Rocketman, getting loaded and sleeping around after a gig is old school country, no matter what sex you are. Just ask Tanya Tucker.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

PompeytheGreat

• Not quite a lurker
  • Habble babbly gabble nurr
« Reply #290 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:45 »

I have a few things to say in regards to today's strip.

-Gina's breasts are a perfect size to me. Not too big, not too small, just enough I can cup 'em all. I like breasts in the B-D cup range.
-Faye walking in on them may not be bad for Sven. Faye is currently drunk as well. And evidenced by the Vulcan Boob Squish, her sexual inhibitions are lessened, possibly leaving her open to the idea of a threesome. Which would lead to more drama.

I'm sorry, but you're disgusting.

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #291 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:49 »

Rocketman, getting loaded and sleeping around after a gig is old school country, no matter what sex you are. Just ask Tanya Tucker.

Quite true. Maybe there's some hope for the newer generation yet.  :wink:

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #292 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:55 »

Faye isn't going to walk in, but Sven's intern is - she forgot her phone...  or her house key...  or something.

8-)
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

BekkahJane24

« Reply #293 on: 06 Feb 2009, 16:04 »

...Given how Sven has handled previous ex-girlfriends, I think he will take the cowardly way out and not tell her, but will end it with her.

But, on the other side of "That Coin", we have Dora who knows Sven and has warned him about hurting Faye. So, who's to say that, even if he does choose door #2, that it won't eventually come back to bite him in the ass via Dora.

And speaking as the sister of a brother who has... attempted... Door #2? Having it bite you in the ass leads to the Coffee of Doom Broadsword sticking out your chest.

... I really hope Sven man's up though, and realizes how much of a wanker he's being.

innermoppet

• Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #294 on: 06 Feb 2009, 16:37 »

Ooooh I hadn't considered his intern catching them! Oh that would be awkward. Someone is probably going to catch them.

I'm really interested to see how Sven handles this. Purely from his own perspective, its a step in the right direction that he even feels concerned about it. For Sven I can imagine that being worried about the repurcussions is new for him and indicates how much he actually likes Faye.

I'm curious how Jeph will have Faye respond. He has surprised us in the past. She was very resigned when Dora made her move on Marten. Given how self-destructive her non-relationship with Sven is, I believe somewhere inside, she has known that this was coming maybe even wanted it, because she is self-defeating and she is frightened by a real relationship.

The one thing I can see Sven doing during a confrontation with Faye is to blame her for not going with him to the concert in the first place, because he invited her on a date and yet again, she turned him down.

Hmmm, I'm so excited to see what is going to happen next. DRAMZ! I don't have television so QC is my soap opera of choice.

-Supernatural-

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #295 on: 06 Feb 2009, 17:30 »

It's not an exclusive relationaship but they had a friendship first and Faye expected manogamy and Sven appeared to accept her expectations. I'm curious if Sven is going to be decent, sleazy or cowardly.

I think he's a coward.

Why would not telling her, when they aren't in an acknowledged, committed relationship be being a sleezeball?  And what makes you so sure that a decent person would tell her?  Realistically, as I mentioned earlier, no, no, no... Let me just quote them:

My last point with Sven is this: unless Faye walks in on them, why would he be obliged to tell her?  Sometimes it's better to not tell things like this just to clear your own conscience.  We've discussed that in other threads in other places on the forums.  But as long as he realizes what he did and doesn't let it happen again, maybe it's best if he just eats the guilt and doesn't add that stress to an otherwise, possibly burgeoning relationship...  Just my two cents there...

And finally:
I thought the moral of the story there was to learn to keep a secret? Just because you screwed up yourself doesn't mean you should screw things up for the other person by ending it out of guilt/hurting them with the information. (I know a lot of people will disagree with me here, but that's fine and reasonable)

I didn't tell her why I broke up with her...  Just that the distance and everything made it too difficult to keep up my end of it.  That I didn't want to deal with it for the next 3-4 years while she finished university.  I never told her I cheated on her.  And no, I don't think that keeping a secret in that situation is the wrong thing to do...  She deserved better than that and we were both young.  She had time to find someone else and she did...  Relationships based on false pretenses, regardless of their intent, are often not long for things.  And in this situation, she was forced to deal with it in a very definitive way.  It gave her a solid chance for closure without the idea of what could have been...

Well, that's a lot of quoting, but in the end, it should help get my point across.  Sometimes you have to deal with your own guilt and not force others to live through it just to help you do it.  Sometimes a little lie is better than destroying someone's sense of being just so you can have a clear conscience.  Besides, in the end, if the relationship can handle the strain, it'll handle it better later than it will now.  If it's meant to be, it'll be.

That was the best rationalization of shameless dishonesty I've ever read.

mpknighit

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • That's. When things. Got really. Crazy.
« Reply #296 on: 06 Feb 2009, 17:54 »

(apologies if this has been said already)

I think it's funniest if you imagine that no time has passed between each of the panels.
Everybody lives, Rose. Just this once, everybody lives!

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #297 on: 06 Feb 2009, 18:10 »

Didn't Faye once say that she and Sven are friends who just bump into each other a lot...at the crotch?

So Sven just bumped into an old friend, nothing wrong with that, right? ;)

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #298 on: 06 Feb 2009, 18:13 »

On a completely different note, I was rather amused that the "only country singer[Sven] likes" is apparently one of the popstar-like chicks who've been overrunning and corrupting actual good country music for the last few years.

When Sven first mentions her, he says that she wrote her own album that he likes. That is very untypical of the country music scene where acts have been booted out of Nashville for insisting on writing their own songs. It's loosening up finally, but for the most part producers are more interested in working the old-boy network and giving their buddies the writing gigs and tying up publishing royalties in house than doing what's right for the act.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

clarinet89

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #299 on: 06 Feb 2009, 18:54 »

Have you all read the guest strip he did today? Now we know where and why Sven was drinking.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up