THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 30 Apr 2024, 09:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT February 2-6  (Read 103516 times)

Shok Xone Studios

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Wasn't he also "Vigo the Butch"?
    • ShokXoneStudios.com
Re: WCT February 2-6
« Reply #200 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:00 »

All thoughts regarding Sven's realization of the shit preparing to hit the fan and his ability to be distracted from the ongoing "encounter" without hindering his performance (as evidenced by Gina's mid-coital testimony) versus his seeming inability to alter the situation are being outweighed by an overwhelming, deafening cry of:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAYYYYYYY-
YYYYAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAMMMMMMMM-
MMMMMMMMMMM-
MMMMMMMMN!!!!!
SHOK XONE STUDIOS.com
Art is love. Love is destructive. That's what I told the police when I blew up the museum.

oh look I has arts for sale

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #201 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:00 »

A lot of people mention things like "everyone makes mistakes" which is true, but not everyone makes this kind of mistake. I think most people can get rip roaring drunk, be around good looking available people and not get "swept up in the moment" if that involves cheating.  I think it takes a certain type of personality that would do this, no matter how drunk, stoned, etc they are... Sven definetly seems this kind of person.  I have been very drunk many times in the company of hotties and never made this kind of mistake, nor felt inclined to cheat. Anyone agree?

Drinking is one of the most surefire ways to fall back into old habits and patterns of behavior. People who have given up smoking often lapse back into it when drunk. Diets are ruined by drink as well. Also there are poker machines in bars for a reason. This is similar. Sven's womanizing was a habitual indulgence, and his better judgment telling him why he shouldn't have that piece of strawberry shortcake was suppressed, allowing him to rationalize himself into doom, step by step.  

Mallli_kite

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #202 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:10 »

I think Sven doesn't know how to say "no".  It's a brand new concept in his life when it comes to attractive women and sex.  He's always been a "yes" sort of guy.

I think it's also safe to say he is not conning this particular woman into thinking it's a relationship.  He's her after-show pick up.

And, well, change tends to be slow.  People say they want to change, and try, then slip, then try again for a longer time, then slip again. 

And, as someone said, Faye has made this a casual-but-exclusive thing.  It's not a relationship, and she says she doesn't want a relationship, but she wants to put relationship rules to it.

Still, I think this is the most disappointing turn the comic has taken.  I had a lot of hope for Sven and I really wanted him to not screw this up.  But he did it, bad choice by bad choice.  He managed to say no to a woman once, while Faye was watching him, but this time he didn't.

Here's a thought -- could Sven be more serious about Faye than either realize, and this is his way of sabotaging that before he gets into commitment -- or at least wanna be commitment -- land? 

There will be blood.  Oh yes.  I'm not even sure I want to see what is going to happen.
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

Shok Xone Studios

• Wasn't he also "Vigo the Butch"?
    • ShokXoneStudios.com
« Reply #203 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:14 »

There will be blood.  Oh yes.

Must...resist..."I drink your milkshake" joke...OH SHIT
SHOK XONE STUDIOS.com
Art is love. Love is destructive. That's what I told the police when I blew up the museum.

oh look I has arts for sale

sporky800

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #204 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:30 »

Aww, I really misjudged how much of a dick Sven was.  He knows Faye has trust issues... it makes me sad that he would willingly break whatever trust had built up between them.  It goes beyong being a womanizer to being a jackass.

WestEnder67

« Reply #205 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:48 »

Fuck me, I was right;

Quote from: me, January 20th
Ditto.

Maybe a plot with Sven and this mysterious country singer in the pipeline? Or Lydia moving in on her mentor?

Anyway, pretty cool strip today.

Although why the fuck is Dora carrying a sword? I mean I thought it wasn't Coffee of Doom with 'Doom' in the medieval whup-ass sense...

QC moving in a major new plot direction perhaps? Or just the end of Sven?

atimholt

• Emoticontraindication
  • How am I supposed to fit my paradigm into this sma
« Reply #206 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:55 »

It seems obvious to me that Faye getting drunk again for the first time in a while, with just her and Marten left conscious by the end of the game...
I know I'm being silly, but it all works perfectly for a setup that none of you seem to see coming.
Just ignore me. I should stop reading the comic, they're doing things against my principles.
So... stuff.

Malek

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #207 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:04 »

I still dont think this will end well.

I've thought of at least 30 ways this can end,5 end with death.

Maybe Sven realy is just a sex addict?

On a side note i havent read any posts about any of the other charctors in these kind of posts,nor any "OMIGOT LUST/HANTAI" posts...hmm...maybe they stopped?

Beefylovelord

• Not quite a lurker
  • Huuurrgggh.... Grrreeeerrr... HNNNNNNNN
« Reply #208 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:11 »

monday comic will be faye picking up a guy, and thinking about sven the whole way through it.

Then the circle really will be complete.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #209 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:18 »

The sad thing is, I can completely identify with Sven right now.  I have had that exact same thought process many time. 

I have a feeling the ramifications for him are going to be about the same as they were for me.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Fhqwhgads

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #210 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:20 »

<redundant> WELL IT'S ABOUT GODDAM TIME WE SAW SOME CONTENT THAT WAS ACTUALLY QUESTIONABLE  </oblig> :lol:

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #211 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:21 »

So Faye will be mad at Sven for doing this...  She'll still go back to him eventually because the sex is good or else she'll have to find something or someone else to replace him.

It also after time may force emotions from both of them to be put out in the open and they end up working through it and making their "open-exclusive relationship" more of a "serious-exclusive relationship".

But most likely Sven won't take any of her shit and that will be that.  Personality clash between the two of them for a relationship to work out.

Faye should of been sleeping around as well anyways, because fuck buddies are only about as good as the different amount of posisitions you can try with them.  Just my humble opinion.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

altered_carbon

« Reply #212 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:31 »

Aww, Sven!
Enter the drama. I wonder if he'll man up and tell Faye, or if she'll just find out some other way.
Damn it.

geffyb

• Plantmonster
« Reply #213 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:33 »

Aww, Sven!
Enter the drama. I wonder if he'll man up and tell Faye, or if she'll just find out some other way.
Damn it.

He feels guilty so I bet he just straight up tells her and walks away.

...and she follows.

Beefylovelord

• Not quite a lurker
  • Huuurrgggh.... Grrreeeerrr... HNNNNNNNN
« Reply #214 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:33 »

some how I see him fessing up. he's made a real effort to improve, and despite this setback, he's well aware he's fucking up, rather then just being totally willing.

granted that doesn't excuse the act ( even though they've both claimed they're open, he and faye both know he's on a leash. )

Still, its the first real stumble he's had since his attempt to turn over a new leaf... maybe some good will come from it after all.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #215 on: 05 Feb 2009, 21:44 »

Didn't Dora warn him not to hurt Faye? Will Dora be the one to kill him?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

FoolOnTheHill

• Plantmonster
  • Oh shit, she really WOULD kill me.
    • Occult Anonymous
« Reply #216 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:10 »

As much as we all know Sven is an ass and Faye's gonna be crushed, I'd like to go on the record saying I'd hit that too given the oportunity.
"At least I still have the warantee, right?"
"HAHAHAHA! Oh man, you are so fucked."

PassiveTheory

« Reply #217 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:13 »

Well, fuck, the next 100 comics or so are going to fucking suck.

kaitco

• Emoticontraindication
    • DorienneSmith.com
« Reply #218 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:16 »

I think Sven doesn't know how to say "no".  It's a brand new concept in his life when it comes to attractive women and sex.  He's always been a "yes" sort of guy.

I think that is probably the fairest presumption about Sven I have heard. You can really sense this in the fact that he does not seem to want something to happen with this chick. She just found him sexy, as many women in this strip are prone to do, and he did what he has always done because he does not know any better. I suppose the positive thing here is that he at acknowledges that he has done wrong, but I am almost dreading what Monday's comic will bring. I just doubt Faye can "handle" something like this; she starts to get into a relationship and then he goes and "cheats" on her, like she assumed he would.

Sigh...And, I was really hoping for some-mind boggling Dora-drama to come out of all of this.

On another note: Will anyone care to venture a guess as to if this is happening simultaneously with the drunken Scrabble or if this is some other time? I am leaning towards the latter, but I am not sure.

WestEnder67

« Reply #219 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:21 »

Aww, Sven!
Damn it.
Keep in mind that Sven's intern was at the concert as well...

ecstaticjoy

• I like math
« Reply #220 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:44 »

As much as we all know Sven is an ass and Faye's gonna be crushed, I'd like to go on the record saying I'd hit that too given the opportunity.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #221 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:46 »

Who takes off all of their clothes for couch-fuckin'? Seriously nobody.
Hate, rain on me

FoolOnTheHill

• Plantmonster
  • Oh shit, she really WOULD kill me.
    • Occult Anonymous
« Reply #222 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:49 »

R--ri-right... Right right! Nobody...<shifty eyes>
"At least I still have the warantee, right?"
"HAHAHAHA! Oh man, you are so fucked."

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #223 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:51 »

R--ri-right... Right right! Nobody...<shifty eyes>

unless she's chunky I take off all her clothes.  In this case she isn't so she'd be just that nakie.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #224 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:51 »

I really can't see any way forward for Sven & Faye right now. The lines were explicitly drawn just a few strips ago, and the consequences of the lines being crossed were clearly spelled out by both parties. It's a matter of face at this point, along with boundaries, definitions, and trust.

The only way for Sven's infraction to not be game-ending is if Faye commits some equal rule-breaking faux pas, and they are back on equal footing. Otherwise the relationship as we know it must end. And whether a new one can be built on the ashes will require pennance, forgiveness, and/or repentance on a monumantal scale.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #225 on: 05 Feb 2009, 22:54 »

Sez you. I take off all my clothes regardless of the venue (except for that time in the parked car).  :mrgreen:

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #226 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:02 »

That's because this hookup is Just. That. Fucking. Hot.

That said, well, yes, Jeph is into the character torture. But let's be honest -- did anyone really think there was anything stable about Faye/Sven? Yes, Sven screwed up badly, and will pay for it. But then Faye was the one who put unrealistic expectations on the relationship. I can't see how they didn't both have it coming.

The only winner is Ms. Riversmith. (And, possibly, Dr. Corinne.)

hack

• Plantmonster
« Reply #227 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:05 »

The only winner is Ms. Riversmith. (And, possibly, Dr. Corinne.)

sven is bangin' doctor corinne?

dude is a horndog!
-hack-
Duckman: Did I ever tell you my Dad's last words to me?
Cornfed: "Careful, son, I don't think the safety is on."
Duckman: Before that!

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #228 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:06 »

But then Faye was the one who put unrealistic expectations on the relationship.

"I expect you to not fuck someone else while we're together" is unrealistic?

kaitco

• Emoticontraindication
    • DorienneSmith.com
« Reply #229 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:12 »

It is when you consider she said this to Sven who is well known for his womanizing. In fact, what started to draw Sven further into the mix was Faye calling him out on just that. I cannot find the exact set of strips, but I am sure some other browse-savvy person can find them.

MegaLexi

• Plantmonster
  • So happy I'm bloody vibrating.
« Reply #230 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:15 »

Oh man, I did not see this coming. Prediction for Monday: Faye is going to show up, possibly to witness a money shot, and somebody is gonna fucking die. I can't wait.

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #231 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:26 »

It is when you consider she said this to Sven who is well known for his womanizing. In fact, what started to draw Sven further into the mix was Faye calling him out on just that.

Exactly. Faye tried to play both sides of the fence with someone she knew was a player.

I've been in an FWB arrangement myself that turned poly on me. There was no reasonable way I could say to her "you will fuck me and only me" when our arrangement was strictly informal to begin with, so I didn't hold it against her that she was sleeping with someone else at the same time. (I didn't much like talking about it, but it didn't come up much so it wasn't that bad.) If monogamy is what you want, make the commitment. (I was monogamous on my side, but that was due more to a lack of mojo on my part than any particular principle.)

Yes, Sven is being an asshole here, and he will deserve everything he gets thrown at him next week. And he knows damn well he will. But Faye was the one who left the door open; it's entirely possible Sven would have done this anyway (and how do we know he hadn't), but if she hadn't tried to create a balancing act rather than a real relationship, or if she'd simply accepted that it could be an open relationship, she could walk away knowing that whatever Sven did had nothing to do with her. But there was no agreement between them until she unilaterally dumped it on him. The blame is shared (probably about 70/30 Sven's fault, but still).

Mojo

« Reply #232 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:40 »

Hm.  A few thoughts.

Sven should know better, and evidently does.  However, as the saying goes, old habits die hard (and I can totally understand, as I have a terrible weakness for a redhead...).

Faye should have expected something like this, and probably does.  She has made her position very clear; sex, not relationship.  However, what she says and what she feels are likely very different things (as is usually the case with women, in my experience).  Thus, she's undoubtedly going to be hurt by this.  How she responds is anyone's guess at this point.  I forsee a visit to her shrink.

Dora is going to...  I can't even imagine what Dora is going to do, but I know Sven isn't going to like it...

Marten will be wishy washy and supportive, then say the wrong thing (like, "you know you said you didn't want a relationship..."), leading to still more drama and conflict.

In other words, good times ahead...

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #233 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:43 »

General rule of thumb: fewer clothes = better sex. So if you are doing your 'couch-fuckin'' as fully clothed as possible, may I humbly suggest...

Of course Faye will find out. My only question is how: from Sven himself (He doesn't seem that brave to me); from Dora seeing through Sven (but will she tell Faye and hurt her?); walking in on them (but unless they're still nekkid* and no air freshener has been applied, Sven could bareface out of this on strength of the lawyer incident); or Faye discovering physical evidence (another NSFW strip?).

I agree,i think he does care,but will anything come of it?
I'm above cheap shots. Yes. Above 'em. Beneath my dignity.
Nothing good can immediately come from this.
<Above, above. Damn it!.>
Sigh: On the contrary, looks like some immediate good will come quite soon. Or something like that.

*For those of you who don't know, this strip presents a classic case of nekkidness.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #234 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:45 »

Perhaps Sven will ask Dora to plead his case with Faye.  However unpleasant that might be, he knows she won't actually  kill him, because they're family.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Milesb

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #235 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:49 »

I actually don't see the problem. It's an open relationship, so neither Sven nor Faye can have their cake and eat it too - unless they change the boundaries of their relationship.

I agree Faye is gonna be pissed off about it, but I'm not entirely sure how severe the "betrayal" goes, Faye's got serious trust issues, but it's based on fear of abandonment, right? Sven might come through it if he tells her about it and is willing to accept whatever she throws at him because he's genuinely sorry. (because he's sticking by her...)

Also, it's probably been noted before, but...

Sven = Anders!?

manu

• Not quite a lurker
  • New challenger approaching?! Nodoka <3
« Reply #236 on: 06 Feb 2009, 00:08 »

Sven = Anders!?

Oh god, I just read all of Anders loves Maria right after this strip and went from hating Sven with all of my heart, too falling in love with Anders/Maria too wanting to kill Anders.

All in all I may have grown a crush on Johan, I hope he leaves Sweden because as much as QC boys are fun I don't think any of them are great. I preferred Marten for Faye only because he was a nice guy, but Johan is the perfect guy. Sure we only like to read strips for the drama but give them girls some happiness Jeph.

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #237 on: 06 Feb 2009, 00:14 »

All thoughts regarding Sven's realization of the shit preparing to hit the fan and his ability to be distracted from the ongoing "encounter" without hindering his performance (as evidenced by Gina's mid-coital testimony) versus his seeming inability to alter the situation are being outweighed by an overwhelming, deafening cry of:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAYYYYYYY-
YYYYAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAMMMMMMMM-
MMMMMMMMMMM-
MMMMMMMMN!!!!!
I fully concur with this.

Oh well. If Faye walks in now, the only way to remedy any hurt feelings would of course be for her to join in.

Bushbr

• Emoticontraindication
  • Death by Gopher
« Reply #238 on: 06 Feb 2009, 00:47 »

im ignoring all the potential shit about to hit the potential fan and am simply going to say this

HOT RED HEAD!!

my vote for BEST QC strip EVER!

Neskah

« Reply #239 on: 06 Feb 2009, 01:07 »

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more "OMG Nekkid" considering some forumites.

I give it points for surprise value (not shocking, but definately unexpected)

Sex and nudity doesn't bother me (I used to work as a video tech for a porn compnay... long story) But I felt decidedly uncomfortable on the last panel. I guess part of me went 'Oh dear god, how many ppl will be fapping over this?'

More eagerly awaiting the repercussions to come.
One of the most basic rules for survival is never upset someone wearing Black Leather - This is why PETA never throws paint on Hells Angels.

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #240 on: 06 Feb 2009, 01:24 »

<redundant> WELL IT'S ABOUT GODDAM TIME WE SAW SOME CONTENT THAT WAS ACTUALLY QUESTIONABLE  </oblig> :lol:

IRONY IS DEAD WHAT.

My first thought on reading the comic was:

Panel 1:
Sven: "Blah bloo blah noblest of intentions."
Gina: "You'd like to think that, wouldn't you."  or "Skip to the end!"  <-- depending on which quote from The Princess Bride you like better.

D
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #241 on: 06 Feb 2009, 01:44 »

You know, Sven looks pretty detached and thinking about other stuff.
He's actually screwed up good faye sex for bad hot redhead sex =(

Kharn

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #242 on: 06 Feb 2009, 02:58 »

Intern walks in on them, lets it slip to Faye, Faye runs into Steve during bender and...

Conco

« Reply #243 on: 06 Feb 2009, 03:40 »

yeah well you know how this is an open relationship...yep

dujek

« Reply #244 on: 06 Feb 2009, 03:56 »

Had to happen sooner or later given Sven's history.

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #245 on: 06 Feb 2009, 04:01 »

Gina's not...blond.

Is Faye's mere relations with Sven enough to inspire to try the other colors of the rainbow?

Gina's a readhead.  All rules of general preference are thrown out the windows when redheads are involved.  By definition, simply being a redhead increases a woman's attractiveness by an astronomical factor.  That being the case, if you are accosted by a redhead then you automatically succumb.  It's that simple.   :-)

Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #246 on: 06 Feb 2009, 04:11 »

Cue the violent relationship ending fight,  I'm not saying there will be blood, but at a minimum there will be nasty words and lotsa hurt feelings. 

Looking is one thing, touching is another and this is likely beyond the Pale.

Should make for an interesting week or two of strips - thanks Jeph.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Calaveth

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #247 on: 06 Feb 2009, 04:39 »

It's going to be a catalyst forcing the two to decide what kind of relationship they want, if they want one at all. It can certainly make them break up, but I can also see it deepening their relationship. Faye might realize that if all they're sharing is sex, it's hard to put conditions of exclusivity on a guy who it seems can have sex with pretty much anyone he wants. What's his incentive?

I suspect it will take a few strips before we see where this is going.

Headwoünd

• Larger than most fish
  • DENIED!
« Reply #248 on: 06 Feb 2009, 04:43 »

HA! The nonchalance on his face in contrast to the hawt specimen on his pe.. lvis ^^

My advice to Sven: Fake death. Faye's used to deal with that. [/bad taste]
I'll take a sausage superior to any burger ... AND EAT IT!

PrickOfDestiny

• Plantmonster
  • Cunctum oppidum sunt pertinet nobis.
    • Zeus and Sons
« Reply #249 on: 06 Feb 2009, 04:46 »

Questionable content?
In MY Questionable Content?  :roll:

(also, hawt)
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2009, 04:48 by PrickOfDestiny »
You know, "prick" has a very innocent meaning too.
Zeus and Sons, my comic. Released!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up