THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 05:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you even watching this show anymore?

Yes
- 17 (58.6%)
No
- 8 (27.6%)
Save the tax refund, save the world?
- 4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes: Fugitives  (Read 8227 times)

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Heroes: Fugitives
« on: 02 Feb 2009, 19:11 »

So, anyone even paying attention to this show anymore?

Is it just me?

Well, I thought the volume got off to a rather nice start. No real "OMGWTF" moments, but a solid episode with a solid premise. I found the dialogue a bit spotty in places, but otherwise a fun ride. The bottom line is I'm very interested to see where this goes.

It was a bit confusing, though. The layoff seems ill handled with the lack of a recap. There were parts that really threw me, as an example: I don't recall Mohinder actually keeping his powers and I wasn't even vaguely clear on how Peter's powers were working exactly.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: Heroes: Fugitives
« Reply #1 on: 02 Feb 2009, 19:14 »

I had a very similar reaction. It took a while to remember what had happened during the last episode, but overall I think it was a pretty strong start.

I'm really curious to see where prophet Matt goes. I think it could either be a really good twist, or something that will just drag down and convolute the show. I just really hope that Heroes is done with the ridiculous plot twists.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb 2009, 19:18 »

I think the plot twist garbage will likely be a thing of the past. That was Jeph Loeb's trademark and with him gone, idiotic plot twists should hopefully take a backseat.

In terms of Matt, it worries me. With the short lifespan of your average Heroes precog, I'd rather not see him fall into that pattern.
JON MADE ME GAY

Reed

« Reply #3 on: 02 Feb 2009, 20:26 »

Yeah, that's true. I've always liked Matt, especially when he learned to fuck with other character's minds. I'm also really curious as to who "chose" him to be the next prophet. If the convoluted storyline was Loeb's thing, then maybe Matt's story line will reveal a lot of things that haven't been previously obvious.
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #4 on: 02 Feb 2009, 21:02 »

I thought it was a solid episode and it gave me hope for the series again.

But seriously, Claire needs to just go away.  Hayden just can.  Not.  Fucking.  Act.

Ando-cycle in the strip club was great.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #5 on: 02 Feb 2009, 21:09 »

I enjoyed this episode, it was a good start to the series, and for the first time in a long time I was surprised that the episode was ending and was wanting a bit more,  so that's a good sign for me.

Yeah, I think that Mohinder was like, bathed in the solution that he'd made wasn't he? or was that Peter? Anyway, I'm okay with him having his powers, I'm not okay with Hiro not having anything to go with. I guess they thought he was too overpowered or something, pfft.

And Jackie boy, I agree with you, I really do, but she does have at least the fact that she's really freaking hot going for her. You gotta have at least one pretty face on there, and Zachary Quinto doesn't do anything for me.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #6 on: 02 Feb 2009, 21:15 »

She's not even that hot.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #7 on: 02 Feb 2009, 21:18 »

I don't find her hot.  Ali Larter is enough female eye-candy for the show.

And I don't get why everyone thinks Quinto is hot.  Just not my type I suppose.  But damn, can he act.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #8 on: 02 Feb 2009, 21:32 »

It was meant to be a bit of a snarky remark, but I admit I have something of a man crush on the dude. Something about the eyebrows...
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #9 on: 02 Feb 2009, 21:51 »

So I take it Elle's death was not a comic-book one?

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #10 on: 02 Feb 2009, 23:29 »

So I take it Elle's death was not a comic-book one?

Unfortunately, yes, it appears they killed off the interesting, cute, actually-can-act character but Claire is still around.

Seriously, is Claire's "hotness" bringing in that many viewers?  I mean, Christ.

And you know what, I thought Hayden did a pretty good job in season 1.  It seems that when she got famous and started hanging out with Paris Hilton she absorbed the Power of Shitty Acting.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #11 on: 02 Feb 2009, 23:47 »

But Elle was femme fatale, literally, with absurd daddy issues which is infinitely hotter than a whiny cheerleader. Then again, Heroes has never been known for being intelligent.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #12 on: 03 Feb 2009, 10:24 »

i thought it was a pretty good episdoe, though i was fairly confused at some points because i couldn't remember exactly how the last season ended and also i missed the first 2 or three minutes of the episode.

but yeah, Hayden Panini or whatever needs to stop acting. it really sucks that her character has to be played by someone so shitty because i really like the character and her powers but oh god that chick sucks at least as much as the guy who plays Peter (who's actually gotten slightly better; still not great, but better than he was at the end of the last one).

R.I.P Elle, the hottest electricity-shooting homeschooler ever.

all in all, i'm fairly optimistic about this season. it seems like maybe they realized how much they were starting to suck so they stepped their game up a bit. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #13 on: 03 Feb 2009, 10:48 »

Plus, in four or five weeks, we get the episodes where Bryan Fuller was brought back to fix the shittyness that Loeb injected into the show, and Fuller said, and let's hope he wasn't paid to say it, that the episodes leading up to his return are really good.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #14 on: 03 Feb 2009, 18:05 »

I think I really got a sense that they are sort of trying to reboot the series with this season, a large part of that mainly because of the conversation between Peter and Mohinder that had them remembering their first conversation together. By making them fugitives on the run from the government its sort of forcing them away from the "ordinary people, extraordinary abilities" bullshit and hopefully will have them become actual heroes, so that the relatively annoying tendency of calling every character on the show a "Hero". I mean, its the name of the show and all but usually you have to do something heroic to be considered a hero. I guess its more catchy than "Super-powered person".

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #15 on: 03 Feb 2009, 18:08 »

I was always partial to Rising Stars' 'specials' classification term.
JON MADE ME GAY

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #16 on: 04 Feb 2009, 15:39 »

I feel like they could have done a lot more with the last season.

I think there's meant to be some sort of ambiguity about peter's powers. hence his 'what is the last thing you saw me do' statement. I don't think you're supposed to know.

Overall, I think this episode was back on season one standards.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #17 on: 04 Feb 2009, 17:21 »

I think we're going to find out that his power is only temporary now.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #18 on: 04 Feb 2009, 20:17 »

I thought this episode was a promising start for the next chapter. I really hope Hiro does get his powers back eventually, though.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #19 on: 04 Feb 2009, 21:43 »

by the looks of it peter now has to actually touch a person, and we see a sort of golden glow, to absorb their powers (similar to his fathers ability, though we have yet to see if they keep their powers) this is presumably done to stop annoying people like me saying "but peter should have edan's power, because of when they met in episode 1.04" and now they can have direct control of what powers peter does and does not have. 

Also is it just me or do are there not as many 'heroes' as there should be I can't put my finger on who's missing from that plane (apart from daphne and  micha, his cousin and molly who seem to have been dropped entirely) but there just don't seem to be as many as normal. Are we supposed to assume that meridith and flint were killed in their respective fires? I thought they were supposed to be immune to fire.

Does anyone else see the series maybe going for a "history has momentum, and doesn't like to be changed" sort of aproach, I mean, so far, Sylar is still alive, Nathan seems to be set on becoming president, and has already betrayed his own kind (just as sylar said he had in Five Years Gone) and peter looks to be on track to become some sort of vigilante fugitive, so apart from the fact that Sylar won't be able to use candice's powers to become nathan (he may find another illusionist) and the fact that New York never went up in a mushroom cloud it could be entirely possible for the future hiro saw in season 1 to still come true.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #20 on: 04 Feb 2009, 22:50 »

I think we're supposed to assume that Meredith dies because a building comes crashing down on her head. Yeah, I'm not sure why they would have bothered to capture Hiro if he didn't have powers anymore. I mean, true, this is just going from Nathan's memory for part of it, maybe he doesn't know Hiro doesn't have any powers anymore, but then again how did he find out about the other as yet un-named people on the plane, and where Sylar was to capture him?

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #21 on: 05 Feb 2009, 06:34 »

I can only assume that he had the remaining files from Primatech...possibly the ones that HRG had at home.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

Reed

« Reply #22 on: 05 Feb 2009, 09:56 »

I think we're going to find out that his power is only temporary now.

This makes so much sense. I was watching the end of the last episode when the plane was crashing, and wondering why Peter was straining to hold on when he could've just flown away from the plane.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #23 on: 05 Feb 2009, 10:03 »

It also resolves the consistently complained about problem of Peter being incredibly overpowered. Overpowered heroes are boring. It's okay for Sylar to be a bit overpowered because it makes him more imposing and intimidating, but Peter needs limits.
JON MADE ME GAY

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #24 on: 05 Feb 2009, 12:26 »

Sylar will also eventually need limits, or they really will have to kill him off after a while. It gets kinda boring actually when you introduce a dozen new villains and Sylar kills half of them in one episode.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #25 on: 05 Feb 2009, 18:13 »

Limits don't just to have be entirely about power, look at the Sentry, he is so falliable.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #26 on: 06 Feb 2009, 05:33 »

He is also an irrevocably lame character, in part because he has a nearly limitless and undefined power set while being completely ineffectual. Personal flaws are neat and all, but they become useless when it's a consistent storyline crutch. The idea of an agoraphobic Superman is interesting in concept, but lacking in practice.
JON MADE ME GAY

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #27 on: 09 Feb 2009, 19:05 »

Hana Gitelman anybody?
JON MADE ME GAY

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #28 on: 09 Feb 2009, 19:11 »

Fuck I missed tonight's episode without even realizing it, I'll have to catch it later when they put it up online.

Betagold

• Emoticontraindication
  • THERE WILL BE NO EGGS OF ANY KIND!!
« Reply #29 on: 13 Feb 2009, 17:04 »

I missed this week's episode.  I'll be watching it tonight, but my main thought on the first week's episode wasn't about the characters, or the plot, it was "I can't believe the computer password isn't 'Charlie'".  Anybody remember Charlie?

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #30 on: 13 Feb 2009, 19:24 »

Why do they insist on killing all the good characters.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #31 on: 16 Feb 2009, 18:58 »

Psycho Killer was a nice touch. I lol'd.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #32 on: 16 Feb 2009, 19:01 »

Meh. Mediocre episode. Way too much Claire and not enough of the people I actively give a shit about seeing. Next week's looks to make up for it, though.
JON MADE ME GAY

bff

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #33 on: 16 Feb 2009, 19:38 »

I personally have not been impressed so far this season.  If they do not raise the level of their game over the rest of the season I think I will be done.

----------------
Now playing: Mono - Pure as Snow (Trails of the Winter Storm)
via FoxyTunes

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #34 on: 16 Feb 2009, 20:46 »

Hell at least there's some action this season, good stuff this episode IMO. Missed the first ten minutes unfortunately, I'll have to look that up later. Also, now its no longer a mystery what the hell Zachary Quinto was doing in a swat outfit from those production pictures someone put up in the last thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up