THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 20:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this where we're going?  (Read 8438 times)

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
  • I am Dozer the Dozarian... bring me marshmelons...
    • I'm old but I have a myspace...
Is this where we're going?
« on: 11 Feb 2009, 05:46 »

So the last two comics got me thinking...  What if we're all wrong when it comes to where Dora/Marten and Faye/Sven are going?  Lots of people have always discussed the fact that Hanners has an unrequited love for Marten.  One that her OCD and her friendships with Faye and Dora would never let her express.  What Hanners is getting over that?  Or even what if Marten is getting over Dora?  With the "Sigh" comic lots of folks I think thought Faye and Marten might be moving toward an eventual relationship.  Maybe they are just getting ready to move on from their own relationships and not to each other...

So what do you think?  Could Marten and Hanners work?  Would you want to see it work?  W.O.W. Wouldn't that a hellish/completely fun relationship to watch?  So tell us what you think...
It is what it is... But if I kill it, then is is dead?  So if dead is is, is it dead?

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
Re: Is this where we're going?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2009, 08:15 »

What Hanners is getting over that?

I'm pretty sure you don't just 'get over' a crippling mental disorder.

Shaztastic

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2009, 08:18 »

tbh i don't think hanners is any kind of mental state to have any sort of romantic relationship with anyone. i mean she seems to barely handle a platonic one. I think marten see's her more as a little sister then anything else
I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do - Marylin Monroe

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2009, 08:49 »

Believe me. YOU DON'T. No matter how much other people think they can "snap you out of it". :x

ink slinger

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2009, 11:51 »

I think marten see's her more as a little sister then anything else
I think this is a pretty big reason why the suggested romance could never happen. Never mind that fact that Hanners isn't going to "get over" her OCD, even if she somehow did, I don't think Marten would be into it.

Shaztastic

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2009, 12:48 »

exactly i mean even when he saw her boobs he was soooo embarrased and flustered. he hardly had a quick peek to see what they were like (altough i don't think he's like that) and the way he lets her conk out on the couch, ooks out for her when she's ill or freaking out and that. He probably see's it as if I don't look out for her someones gonna take advantage not that that's the only reason he likes her, she's adorable.

I've had relationships with guy housemates similar to this and they felt like my brothers (altough i admit at times feelings did get confused) but nothing could ever happen it would be too weird!

oh my gosh i just compared my life to a comic >.< jeez :P
I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do - Marylin Monroe

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2009, 12:56 »

Believe me. YOU DON'T. No matter how much other people think they can "snap you out of it". :x

Obviously, you just need a penis stuck somewhere, you silly crazy person.

emmaleigh

« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2009, 13:05 »

I'm pretty sure no one suggested she was getting over her OCD. But it is possible she has begun to cope with the possibility and implications of having a romantic relationship with someone (Marten). Honestly, I think that's where this is heading--a touching story of how love helps with, or perhaps just soothes, Hannelore's disorder.

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #8 on: 11 Feb 2009, 13:18 »

There's this shocking new study out that shows that it's possible for a man and a woman to be friends without wanting to fuck each other. Amazing, I know.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 13:45 by benji »
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #9 on: 11 Feb 2009, 14:08 »

There's this shocking new study out that shows that it's possible for a man and a woman to be friends without wanting to fuck each other. Amazing, I know.

If they're both gay, maybe.  :-D

fallax

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #10 on: 11 Feb 2009, 19:17 »

It's pretty obvious: no.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2009, 19:41 »

A healthy Hannelore, if you can imagine such, might be really compatible with Marten. Although he might not respond to a girl who wasn't pushy.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

emmaleigh

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2009, 21:24 »

But not really in a drama-driven soap opera web comic. Any couplings that make even the remotest bit of sense will get sprung at. And this has been a long time coming: Hannelore is friends with everyone because first off, she stalked Marten. I would be interested in seeing what a kiss does to her. Imagine the panel? It would either be devastating in terms of too much physical contact (a la him touching her ears), or a complete meltdown ending in acceptance (think: perhaps she just got really nervous from physical contact with Marten because of her feelings about him).

Regardless, we know Dora and Marten are headed for Splitsville just because that's a good way to boost "ratings," so to speak. Happy couples doth not make good plot lines.

Lost Coastlines

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #13 on: 11 Feb 2009, 23:10 »

The only way I could see Hannelore in a physical relationship is if she was on the Special K diet, but she's too skinny already.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #14 on: 12 Feb 2009, 01:09 »

We already know what happens when someone kisses Hannelore, it happened in the eighth grade.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

kabukiman

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #15 on: 12 Feb 2009, 03:47 »

Maybe if the therapy was going well, and she was drunk, and she was with lot's of medication (like when she was stalking him), and Marten was drunk after a big fight with Dora. Too much "and". But even so, I doubt.

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #16 on: 12 Feb 2009, 08:35 »

It's pretty obvious: no.

You kind of missed the point, fallax... The point was to create an interesting discussion.  The question, while it can be taken literally, also has the implied intention of making you think out loud as part of group about the possibilities.  I'm neither saying that I think this is or isn't where we're going.  Kind of like the old Marvel comics "WHAT IF..."

:-D
It is what it is... But if I kill it, then is is dead?  So if dead is is, is it dead?

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #17 on: 12 Feb 2009, 12:05 »

Kind of like the old Marvel comics "WHAT IF..."

So...Marten's going to kill Spider-Man?

sofiabailote

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #18 on: 12 Feb 2009, 15:07 »

Obviously, you just need a penis stuck somewhere, you silly crazy person.

maybe one stuck on a kebab grill...

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #19 on: 12 Feb 2009, 15:44 »

All depends on how you marinate it first...
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #20 on: 13 Feb 2009, 06:47 »

Kind of like the old Marvel comics "WHAT IF..."

So...Marten's going to kill Spider-Man?

FINALLY!!! SOMEONE GETS IT!

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
    • Heavyoak's random web stuff
« Reply #21 on: 13 Feb 2009, 11:01 »

I'm going to say this in non-creepiness, or a least try to, Hannelore will never end up with Marten or me (if she was real) or any one at all due to some given facts.

• 1. She hates being touched by all most every one.
  • 2. I don't think any one could ever be clean enough for her.
  • 3. Not very many people could live in that clean of an environment other than Hanners.

lolwut

« Reply #22 on: 13 Feb 2009, 11:04 »

I'm going to say this in non-creepiness, or a least try to, Hannelore will never end up with Marten or me (if she was real) or any one at all due to some given facts.

• 3. Not very many people could live in that clean of an environment other than Hanners.

i take issue with no3: since hanners wouldn't think you sufficiently clean if she didn't clean you herself, it would be incredibly easy to live in that clean of an environment

eddie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #23 on: 13 Feb 2009, 11:07 »

What if she met someone who had OCD that was just like hers? They'd be thoroughly clean and would want that thier environment to be the same.

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
    • Heavyoak's random web stuff
« Reply #24 on: 13 Feb 2009, 11:11 »

i take issue with no3: since hanners wouldn't think you sufficiently clean if she didn't clean you herself, it would be incredibly easy to live in that clean of an environment

ok true, but even thou I have a small OCD about dirt (which I discovered in clay class at college) I don't clean my house that much. I leave a small amount of dirt here and there just to balance things out.

What if she met someone who had OCD that was just like hers? They'd be thoroughly clean and would want that thier environment to be the same.
Highly unlikely but ok.

championofkhorne

« Reply #25 on: 17 Feb 2009, 15:34 »

I'm confused, just because Marten and Dora have one fight it is like omg it isn't worth it anymore.

people do not break up over girls being insecure, especially not if it happens once in a harvest moon in July. (doesnt happen that often)

seriously i doubt Marten will call it off just because Dora gets insecure about other girls. If anything it is cute.

as for the honeymoon period wearing off theory, i seem to recall very recently a very in depth mar mar speak conversation

if that doesn't indicate that things are going pretty well then what does lol

ANOTHER POINT. they are sleeping in teh same bed, trust me if a girl was REALLY upset with you, you would not be in the bed, especially if you didnt live together lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up