THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 08:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Waffles  (Read 5016 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Road Waffles
« on: 15 Feb 2009, 22:22 »

I recall a webcomic I used to love and I wanted to go back and re-read it but I can not for the life of me remember what it is called. It starts off with a girl driving through the desert, she holds up a gas station and the dude goes with her. The guys name was Bruno, I think? There were some squirrels up to no good at some point in time, a recurring argument over Oasis, ridiculous happenings?

I think the author went by a name that had something to do with the number eight? He also wrote what started out as a good simple thing about hanging out and being young-ish in life which eventually deteriorated into him hating himself?

So I just re-discovered that this comic I have awesome memories of is Road Waffles, and apparently he briefly tried restarting it about a year and a half ago before declaring it dead-for-good-this-time again. So now I guess I would just like to ask if anyone else happened to like this comic and may by happenstance have the archives downloaded?

update: as if anyone cares, the archives are still viewable even though the front page crashes. Thank you all for sharing my nostalgia. (Link)
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2009, 22:55 by Slick »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

LucyStag

• Emoticontraindication
Re: Road Waffles
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2009, 06:32 »

I really like that art, but the storyline is sort of intensely terrible. It devolves into creepy meta, hey we're in a comic, and bad jokes very quickly. Seems like a waste of road trip tales and good art.
Pages: [1]   Go Up