THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Mass Effect 2  (Read 366862 times)

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame
Re: Mass Effect 2
« Reply #900 on: 29 Jan 2010, 00:34 »

Oh shit pretty stoned right now and using the garbage compactor is awesomely fun.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #901 on: 29 Jan 2010, 02:21 »

This conversation makes me wish the game had more spontaneous party banter like Dragon Age. Hopefully that's something they'll add in ME3, although considering the absurd amount of voiceover they already have in these games maybe that's just wishful thinking.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #902 on: 29 Jan 2010, 06:20 »

Yeah the RPG element is definitely still there but different.  Micromanagement ME1 style for 10 dudes would have been... unwieldy.

Wait, what, you play with all the ten guys at once?

I've got to get around to finishing Dragon Age so I can get this.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #903 on: 29 Jan 2010, 10:23 »

Oh shit pretty stoned right now and using the garbage compactor is awesomely fun.

This pretty much sums up my night last night. Ejecting garbage into space + wandering around the Citadel. Some of the random citizen conversations are amazing. In the store that sells fish, there is a really great dialogue between an Asari and Turian that are dating; I'd type it up but it's too good, you just have to hear it.

Also, advertisement spoilers, i guess?:

"Commander Shepard, you've recently been dead, don't you DESERVE Such-and-Such Burial Shrouds? They are made of only the highest quality silk, for your comfort!"

Something like that. It made me laugh.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #904 on: 29 Jan 2010, 14:29 »

Wait, what, you play with all the ten guys at once?

No, it's still 3 at a time, but they are mostly different enough so that it makes sense to swap them in and out to optimize your team for a given mission.  Although I have to say, on Veteran difficulty I haven't had much issues running with just Mordin and Miranda for the non-loyalty missions.

Has anyone started a playthrough on the two hardest difficulties yet?

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #905 on: 29 Jan 2010, 14:34 »

I'm doing my first playthrough on the most difficult setting. It's extremely frustrating sometimes, but ultimately really rewarding, and I think the rock-paper-scissors dynamic works better on the more challenging levels because almost every enemy has either armor, shielding or biotic barriers.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #906 on: 29 Jan 2010, 14:43 »

I may or may not do an insanity playthrough with my Infiltrator when I import her, or I may wait until NG+. I should finish the game for the first time tonight, I've been really meticulous about sidequests so it's taken me longer than most people.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #907 on: 29 Jan 2010, 15:07 »

pshh you're probably lightyears ahead of me. I got it on release and I've only recruited two people so far and done a small handful of sidemissions.

I intend to explore and exploit every inch of every planet, and do all the sidequests, before I finish it. It's a compulsion.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #908 on: 29 Jan 2010, 16:47 »

Unfortunately my first Shepard can't be brought over, but the Infiltrator I finished a day before it came out is doing just fine.

I can't be the only one that doesn't like the new ammo based weapons.  I'm stuck using the SMG because I run out of ammo way to fast, and usually it's against enemies with rocket launchers.  So far I like everything else though.

ackblom12

« Reply #909 on: 29 Jan 2010, 17:59 »

I actually much prefer the ammo based system now. It makes the combat feel much better in my opinion.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #910 on: 29 Jan 2010, 18:10 »

I just started playing, and yeah, I must say, it feels a li'l less dopey than the old ways. Scram rails and explosive rounds in a sniper rifle made you into a one shot machine, for example. Why worry about overheating if one shot can kill multiple people at once?
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #911 on: 29 Jan 2010, 18:38 »

Or you could go the other way and use snowblind rounds in the SPECTRE assault rifle so that it never overheated.  Most sandbox type games have very lopsided difficulty curves with easy endings if you use a gamebreaking combo or if you were just scrupulous with upgrades.  I find that the best approach is the one taken by most JRPGs with additional bosses harder than the final boss, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be very popular in American games.

Cain is a ridiculous though.  I'm not sure if I like having a weapon that takes some bosses out in one shot at the cost of all your heavy weapon ammo.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #912 on: 29 Jan 2010, 19:05 »

Yeah, having the Cain made the end boss kind of anti-climactic.

I just finished it, by the way. Even managed to keep all my people alive, and for the record I had the time to get the last party member and do the associated loyalty mission too. I just didn't have time to do literally anything else, so make sure you do everything you want before that set piece I mentioned in tiny text a few posts ago. The end choice is interesting and is arguably tougher than any of the choices you had to make in ME1.

Ended up going the Paragon way and blowing the base. Telling the Illusive Man to fuck off and then having Miranda back me up was sooo satisfying.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #913 on: 29 Jan 2010, 19:06 »

The thing you have to remember is that for non-soldier classes, the weapons are meant primarily as de-buffing tools to soften up targets before hitting them with the real goods, your class powers. That's why all classes get the SMG and heavy pistol - the latter breaks down armor quickly, the former shields and barriers.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #914 on: 29 Jan 2010, 19:09 »

I just finished it, by the way. Even managed to keep all my people alive, and for the record I had the time to get the last party member and do the associated loyalty mission too. I just didn't have time to do literally anything else, so make sure you do everything you want before that set piece I mentioned in tiny text a few posts ago. The end choice is interesting and is arguably tougher than any of the choices you had to make in ME1.

Ended up going the Paragon way and blowing the base. Telling the Illusive Man to fuck off and then having Miranda back me up was sooo satisfying.

I could've sworn it wasn't just me, but at the point right before they reveal the Human Reaper (which in itself was kind of goofy, but might offer some insight down the road as to how the synthetic race of the Reaper came about) there's a shot of the ceiling of the chamber and I swear to God there's like a crack in the ceiling that's a TV screen and you can actually see the Illusive Man for a brief instance through it. When I saw that I thought "he's behind it all" and so I fucked him. Did anybody else see that or was it some bizarre glitch?
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #915 on: 29 Jan 2010, 20:38 »

I could've sworn it wasn't just me, but at the point right before they reveal the Human Reaper (which in itself was kind of goofy, but might offer some insight down the road as to how the synthetic race of the Reaper came about) there's a shot of the ceiling of the chamber and I swear to God there's like a crack in the ceiling that's a TV screen and you can actually see the Illusive Man for a brief instance through it. When I saw that I thought "he's behind it all" and so I fucked him. Did anybody else see that or was it some bizarre glitch?

I agree that the human Reaper is a little weird, but it at least gives context as to why the Reapers have the cycle of extinction. I didn't notice that ceiling thing you described, but the Illusive Man plays fast and loose with your life enough during the course of the game that I didn't feel like leaving Cerberus was out of character, especially as a Paragon. The revelation of how the Reapers reproduce makes me wonder what the race that Sovereign and the other Reapers are modeled on was like. Maybe some sort of proto-hanar.

Maybe we should make a spoiler thread soon. I suspect enough people will finish the game in the next few days to make it worthwhile. My save file ended up being just short of 40 hours, but as far as I know that was 100% completion.

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame
« Reply #916 on: 29 Jan 2010, 22:42 »

Insincere endorsement: You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have heard him in the voice of elcor.

kemon

• Furry furrier
  • seriously
« Reply #917 on: 29 Jan 2010, 23:32 »

Insincere endorsement: You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have heard him in the voice of elcor.

that one's my favorite that i've heard so far.

also, insanity is really hard at level 3 when you don't have any cool abilities yet.
biting's excellent.  it's like kissing, only there's a winner.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #918 on: 29 Jan 2010, 23:43 »

God dammit, i'm broke and my pc's power supply just died and now I"m stuck on a shitty laptop that couldn't run this game if the fate of the universe depended on it. Best case scenario is that it's just the power supply that has issues. FML.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #919 on: 30 Jan 2010, 09:42 »

that one's my favorite that i've heard so far.

My favorite is the one for the energy drink. Something along the lines of:

"I knew a guy who went three days without this energy drink. He got hit by a shuttle!"
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #920 on: 30 Jan 2010, 10:25 »

If you go to Uranus you can launch a probe on it. The difference being EDI will say "Probing Uranus"
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #921 on: 30 Jan 2010, 11:32 »

WHO DESIGNED THIS PLANET SCANNING BULLSHIT
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #922 on: 30 Jan 2010, 12:05 »

Miranda's ship upgrade increases the speed of the cursor. Overall I find it 9x better than ME1's planet exploration system.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #923 on: 30 Jan 2010, 12:10 »

It's a little tedious, and it's definitely the weakest part of the game, but it didn't bother me too much. I would just throw on a podcast and then do a bunch of them at once.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #924 on: 30 Jan 2010, 13:22 »

I can think of two reasons why they did it that way.  They learned from WoW that gamers will do tedious shit in a game that you couldn't pay them to do in real life.  And they really enjoy fucking with OCD gamers who will now spend a hundred hours scanning every planet to "Depleted", sort of like the guy who put a bonus in Braid you can only get if you wait 8-12 hours (depending on your system).  Sick bastards.

One of the things I am loving about this game is the degree to which the writers have incorporated responses to fan culture generated by ME1 into the game.  For instance the discussion between the Quarian and Turian in the bar on Ilium regarding the human she dated who was all "Oh I wonder what she looks like under the helmet" and tried to convince her to "go natural."  "Then I had to explain about cross-species fluid transfer and it totally ruined the mood."

Also, Miranda's frustration with the elevator going too slowly in her loyalty mission.  Brilliant.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2010, 13:27 by pilsner »

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #925 on: 30 Jan 2010, 13:30 »

Miranda's ship upgrade increases the speed of the cursor. Overall I find it 9x better than ME1's planet exploration system.

I don't understand why cursor speed is important when it still moves at the same speed when you're scanning. Is there an easy way to scan planets? Really?
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #926 on: 30 Jan 2010, 13:52 »

No it increases the scanning speed to just shy of normal speed, if not normal speed.

Quote from: Pilsner
One of the things I am loving about this game is the degree to which the writers have incorporated responses to fan culture generated by ME1 into the game.  For instance the discussion between the Quarian and Turian in the bar on Ilium regarding the human she dated who was all "Oh I wonder what she looks like under the helmet" and tried to convince her to "go natural."  "Then I had to explain about cross-species fluid transfer and it totally ruined the mood."
You love that? It tends to peeve me, because I've been to the Bioboards many a time and let me tell you, any and all popular culture-related forums exhibit a pattern, wherein you have a vast sea of mouthbreathing idiots and creepers, and an island of reasonable people more or less unaffiliated with the rest (see: QCD vs. the rest of this forum) only the Bioboards doesn't have that enclave, it's just a massive, wretched hive of scum and villainy. And being as intimately acquainted with that crowd as I am, it's worrying how plugged in Bioware is to that fanbase. The ever-growing emphasis on "tasteful romance" is an example - Do you realize how much griping there was that you couldn't fuck Tali in ME1? Remember that quote from a QCD guy imagining what the nipples of the QC characters looked like? Yeah, there was a lot of that, but for aliens. I didn't think Bioware would placate those people. But they did. I don't give them credit for that overheard jab, because they're more than happy to give those people exactly what they want.

I don't think Bioware would ever go full-on CD Projekt (I hope) but that's certainly the ideal for a sizable portion of the gaming public - turning the fucking of hot-to-trot women in the gameworld into a minigame. They've already taken the first step by making a non-party NPC into a love interest.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2010, 14:04 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #927 on: 30 Jan 2010, 14:19 »

I take your point but writ large responsive game designers make for better games.  The elevators are a good example.  Slow elevators were annoying.  Gamers complained.  Slow elevators were removed.  Sounds elementary, and it is, but look at all the game designers who produce a hit and then turn the cash machine back on for the sequel with new skins and missions but ignoring all the feedback.

Planet exploration is another example.  Personally I didn't mind the Mako that much (I never really got tired of falling off really, really tall mountains), but you were basically doing the same thing about 200 times and that thing was fairly time consuming.  The new resource gathering is no less boring but it's faster.  It's a damned shame they didn't put in a minigame like the hacking minigames in ME1 and ME2 -- I'm not sure what the thinking was on that.

On the subject of planet exploration, having tried a few different methods I find the fastest way is to put a probe at the far right on top, drag the cursor back and forth over the available surface from top to bottom, then once you're done, turn the globe until the reference probe is now on the far left and repeat.  With a little practice you can get a rich planet down to poor or depleted in about a minute and a half fairly consistently.  If someone has an easier method, I'm interested to hear it.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #928 on: 30 Jan 2010, 14:44 »

Sure, but there's a fairly distinct line between a fan's ideas of how nuts-and-bolts gameplay can be improved that can go into a sequel (Planet exploration and load times from ME1 to ME2, level scaling from Oblivion to Fallout 3) and a fan's ideas of what game content should actually be (Moar tits plz) The latter tends to serve the game, the former can but often doesn't. the touchups to gameplay from ME1 to ME2 were about perfect, but the alien romances were a little odd, logically and logistically.

As for planet scanning, I never really found myself lacking when I needed a resource - usually between missions I would go around and scan one system, taking 5-10 minutes and that would be about enough for all the upgrades I needed at that point. In ME1 the achievements provided gameplay incentives that made me much more completionist in that regard than I usually am (they could've managed them a lot better though - resource collection and companion achievements were very, very easy to fuck up irreversibly) but I'm not even sure ME2 keeps track of how much resources are left in a system vis a vis achievements. Exploring a system only involves going into orbit around all the solar bodies, not scanning them.

Also, starting the game with resource bonuses from previous playthroughs greatly alleviates the need to go out of primary star systems to find Element Zero.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #929 on: 30 Jan 2010, 14:52 »

Yeah the only resource I've really found lacking is Element Zero because I would have liked to switch around my bonus ability on Shepard a bit more for fun.  On the other hand, although I haven't found many anomaly missions the ones I did find were very well executed.

The alien romances are fan service to a certain extent, but I think the designers' attitude is essentially "if you don't like it and don't think it fits the character, don't do it."  It's not like you need to bang an alien to kill a Reaper (so far, don't tell me if you do).  On the other hand, for obvious reasons, I'm going to be annoyed if there is a Samara romance (again, don't tell me please).
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2010, 15:19 by pilsner »

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #930 on: 30 Jan 2010, 15:41 »

Care to explain your scanning system more? Because what I've been doing is dragging the scanner across the x-axis of the planet, only "scanning" once every second or so. Once I get back to my start point, I move it up or down and do it again. And it takes 5 fucking minutes.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #931 on: 30 Jan 2010, 15:53 »

I usually just go along the Y axis, the X axis is harder to gauge and thus easier to encounter blind spots. I just go up and down and investigate any spikes in the reading. Individual planets rarely take more than a few minutes. It helps to ignore minor spikes and look for big deposits.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #932 on: 30 Jan 2010, 16:17 »

Did anyone else hear the ads for Blasto the Jellyfish?  It's the Hanar version of Dirty Harry.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #933 on: 30 Jan 2010, 16:18 »

Basically if it's not white and making a sound, don't probe it.  Kind of like the advice racist southern parents might give you.  And yes the Blasto ads were awesome.  As were the follow-up ads regarding protest from the Hanars.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #934 on: 30 Jan 2010, 16:42 »

I just started playing tonight, for like 20 and minutes and so far it's all very meh. I'll need to sit down and start it over again when I have more time, but I don't like playing as a Vanguard from the get go for some reason, but thats probably because I don't get what Charge actually does. Might go for an Adept instead.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #935 on: 30 Jan 2010, 17:00 »

I strongly recommend you stick with Vanguard at least until you max out charge and upgrade your shotgun.  At first I hated it, but since I've maxed it out and figured out how to use it properly it the most enjoyable ability I've ever used in a shooter.  By midgame, maxed out charge with upgraded shotgun will let you take down normal dudes with just half biotic barrier and health in about 2 seconds, in slow motion, causing the dude to fly across the room while you fill him full of buckshot, and you can yell expletives while doing it, and it moves you to another part of the map.  The key for me was figuring out that it's suicidal to use on a guy in midfield with three other guys shooting from across the room, but awesome if it's two guys in a flanking position behind cover and you are simultaneously blowing up the other dude with a maxed out tech ability.

So, long story short, it's awesome if:
-- you can kill the guy you are using it on with your shotgun in a couple of seconds
-- that guy is behind cover or there is no one else on the map
-- you are simultaneously killing or incapacitating any other dudes next to the guy you are charging with your allies' abilities
and suicidal in every other situation.

It's also slightly bugged in that it will only work occasionally on a guy in melee, but shockwave is good for that so no biggy.

Another fun thing you can do with charge to take advantage of the temporary double strength shield you get once you upgrade it is charge a land based boss, shoot him a couple times with shotgun and then run away to cover before he clobbers you.  This sometimes gets you killed but when it works, it's hilarious.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2010, 17:03 by pilsner »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #936 on: 30 Jan 2010, 17:14 »

Sentinel is so much fun. Also Infiltrator.

Mein Tumblr

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #937 on: 30 Jan 2010, 17:28 »

Insanity is no joke. I just started it on when I imported my Infiltrator earlier today, and I'm stuck on Omega, of all places. There's that big battle at the beginning of the mission to recruit Mordin where you first meet the Blood Pack. I can handle the vorcha guys OK, but as soon as the two krogan show up I get my ass handed to me. I must have retried that part half a dozen times before giving up and shutting it off for the day. I should really be studying anyway.

Also, playing Vanguard is worth it just for the occasional time where you hit a guy off-center and he goes flying off a ledge to his death. Shockwave is great for that too, especially against crowds of husks. It's a challenging class to play at first, but once you get a few points into your skills it becomes so much more fun.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #938 on: 30 Jan 2010, 18:44 »

Every so often you think you've knocked someone to their death but in turns out they landed on a lower spot on the map and they come back about a minute later with 10% hp left.  That's even better.  Inevitably, though, my thoughts turn to wonder at why the enemies' pathfinding is so much better than my allies'.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #939 on: 30 Jan 2010, 18:45 »

Playing an Adept is obviously much better than in ME1, now that powers are actually a strength. Pull + Maxed throw is the best, you get enemies onto all kinds of crazy level geometry. On Illium, for instance, there are catwalks and byways several stories up above you, and a well-placed throw on a weightless target can get enemies onto them.

Also it should be noted how the "bending" system for biotics works so well. Cover is almost completely ineffective unless the enemy is on high ground.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #940 on: 30 Jan 2010, 19:00 »

Also, we'll definitely be seeing the end of the trilogy, because EA announced earlier today that 4 days after its American launch and just a day after its European release, ME2 has already sold 2 million copies. If I recall correctly, it took a full year for the first game to sell that much.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #941 on: 30 Jan 2010, 19:01 »

I am impossible to kill with my assault tech armor.

Mein Tumblr

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #942 on: 30 Jan 2010, 20:15 »

Man, did anyone else get unreasonably sad at the beginning of the game?

Like, hell of sad?

Like oh my god my ship I am crying because my ship is dying sad?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #943 on: 30 Jan 2010, 20:20 »

And then there's the mission where you visit the site.  They do their best to portray Shepard as having post-traumatic stress disorder.  It's hilarious.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #944 on: 30 Jan 2010, 20:39 »

Like, hell of sad?

I was all get to the game motherfuckers. Mostly that's because the pirated version I had did not play nice with Win 7 and as such it crashed right at the point where you get to create your face. I went through the first 30 minutes 3 or 4 times trying different things to get around the problem until I gave up and loaded it onto my Vista laptop, where it worked fine.

Also I think they could've included some time on the ship before the game formally begins, feel the calm before the storm. I was really annoyed when Assassin's Creed II came out and there was so much bitching about the length of the intro. They're trying to tell a story you assholes.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #945 on: 30 Jan 2010, 21:33 »

Also I think they could've included some time on the ship before the game formally begins, feel the calm before the storm.

They had about 30 hours of time on the ship before the game begins.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #946 on: 30 Jan 2010, 21:34 »

Like, hell of sad?

Not really, because I knew it was coming. One of the downsides of following the game obsessively before release.

Walking out onto the bridge for the first time and seeing the entire fucking roof being GONE is an awesome moment even if you're expecting it, though.

There's another similar moment near the end of the game, where you technically have control of the character but it's just a storytelling setpiece. That one is almost as good, in my opinion, plus it ends with one of the funniest moments in the game.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #947 on: 30 Jan 2010, 22:20 »

Overheard in the Citadel: "I miss those games where you had to remember to take a drink of water and it took 5 hours real time to fly somewhere.  These days it's all big choices and visceral combat."  Heh.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #948 on: 31 Jan 2010, 02:59 »

Mein Tumblr

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #949 on: 31 Jan 2010, 08:17 »

The game publishing houses should probably all write Jeph a thank you note for this forum.

Because of the level of attention ME2 get here, I went and bought it.  Because I didn't want to feel left out, I also bought the original ME which I am playing through now.    Yes, ME2 is on my computer and hasn't been so much as launched once yet, nor will it be until I beat the first game.

Also due to this forum I've bought and played Dragon Age, Borderlands, and Torchlight.  

Y'all are going to make be go broke unless I stop clicking on this damn forum.

Edit: Forgot about Torchlight.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2010, 08:21 by A Wet Helmet »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Up