THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 Apr 2024, 23:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Your Addiction?  (Read 27600 times)

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
Re: What's Your Addiction?
« Reply #150 on: 27 Feb 2009, 08:52 »

Alcohol.

:oops:
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #151 on: 27 Feb 2009, 11:43 »

I've always wondered about these sorts of cases ... what happens if you don't? I imagine that's not really an option but can you imagine the consequences of not completing a routine?
I've never attempted not to, but I assume I'll go crazy/never stop thinking about it and not be able to do or focus on anything all day.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #152 on: 27 Feb 2009, 12:00 »

yep, kind of like all impulse control disorders basically.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #153 on: 27 Feb 2009, 19:11 »

I have dermotillomania.
I pick at scabs and things. It kind of hurts.
But it hurts so good.

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.
« Reply #154 on: 28 Feb 2009, 07:02 »

I really don't mean to be an asshat, but please think before saying you have it. While picking at my skin relieves stress, I feel horrible doing it. I'm ashamed of it. Only one person in real life knows this about me and he hasn't been very supportive in helping me possibly overcome this.

Picking at scabs and acne and not making lasting damage is normal. I pick at normal, healthy skin until it bleeds/is raw. I have calluses on my hands and my feet from damaging the skin.

Since it's part of the OCD spectrum, it's possible that one can have tendencies to dermatillomania, just like almost everyone has tendencies of OCD. And as someone said, it is comforting to know other people have it, but to me at least, it's frustrating to have people automatically say they have it without researching it a bit.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #155 on: 28 Feb 2009, 09:54 »

I've always wondered about these sorts of cases ... what happens if you don't? I imagine that's not really an option but can you imagine the consequences of not completing a routine?
I've never attempted not to, but I assume I'll go crazy/never stop thinking about it and not be able to do or focus on anything all day.

And the idea of that means that you don't try to do it?

... man. Are OCD patients buggered. You have my sympathies.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #156 on: 28 Feb 2009, 11:56 »

I do that quite often with a guitar pick, but I usually make it flutter between my teeth. I've always thought it would be such a good idea to make flavoured plectrums.
Get off my land

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #157 on: 28 Feb 2009, 12:35 »

A thing I do: whenever I sit by my computer and I'm not eating, I put a guitar pick in my mouth. Don't ask me why. I usually flip it with my tongue.

I always use headphones when I'm at the computer, and I used to put the wire in my mouth, and suck/chew on it. I would notice and spit it out, but two minutes later it would just be there again. I ruined some good headphones that way. I stopped doing it as much when I started putting the wire under my clothes.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

pulpfiction21

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Pool Zombies
« Reply #158 on: 28 Feb 2009, 13:02 »

i chew on the strings on all my hoodies. They are the perfect distance from my mouth.
Maybe I should eat my friend

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #159 on: 28 Feb 2009, 13:07 »

one every morning, and maybe 1 more in the afternoon. try to limit it to 1 a day though.

these take me from super groggy to just sleepy, if i don't have one i'll be a zombie all day. i've been drinking these 4-5 years now.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #160 on: 28 Feb 2009, 18:10 »

Gross, Lo-Carb.

I used to drink one of the regulars every day, but I broke myself out of it, because it was more than half of my lunch money.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #161 on: 28 Feb 2009, 21:22 »

regular is too sweet for me. plus 400 calories vs. 20, its a no brainer
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.
« Reply #162 on: 01 Mar 2009, 11:16 »

Regular Monster
Chewing ice
The Internet
Science fiction
books
hanging out with hippies
shitty industrial music (think Rammstein)
writing
Spore, Command and Conquer
RTS games in general
Fallout 3

When I drink a monster before I go to bed, I always have really bizarre dreams, almost on the order of hallucinations.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

öde

« Reply #163 on: 01 Mar 2009, 11:58 »

One of my friends keeps telling me I have OCD. I don't, I just like things to be reasonably clean and ordered whereas she is a messy, filthy whore.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #164 on: 01 Mar 2009, 12:23 »

that term gets misused a lot too. there's a difference between simply having certain habits or likes and then having an impulse control disorder what mrblu described, where you basically have no choice but to do it because the alternative is to never stop thinking about it and throw off your whole day and drive yourself insane. though it varies from person to person and you can have it in different degrees, the symptoms of ocd generally are recurrent and persistent thoughts which don't go away even when you try not to think about them (obsessions), and/or repetitive behaviors the person feels like they need to perform, usually according to a set of rules, or else they'll experience incredible distress (compulsions). i like things to be really orderly, but i can survive pretty okay if they're not - that's organization, but definitely not ocd.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2009, 21:03 by MrBlu »
My Last.FM

FourNineFoxtrot

• Emoticontraindication
  • Hell on Wheels
« Reply #166 on: 02 Mar 2009, 23:24 »

Black & Mild Cigarillos: Killing me slow and easy, one day at a time.

Pointy things.  I just spent too much money on a vintage Buck Akonua from eBay, because it was just... so beautiful.  That's it, in the picture (not mine, it hasn't arrived yet, and anyway mine has the old style hilt).  The lines, that gently upswept blade, that lovely, archaic-looking brass guard (mine has a brass guard, anyway).  It called out to me.

Guns.  Won't link pictures, don't know the lay of the land here well enough to take the risk.  But I'm a gun owner being inexorably drawn to collecting.  I don't own anything particularly fancy or valuable, it's all pretty functional-only now.  That may change.

Good whiskey... although I won't say I'm addicted, because I've been fortunate enough to escape that.  For the sake of my recovering brethren, I won't go into detail.

And finally, the crack cocaine of the energy drink world:

I can't get enough of this stuff.  For years, the only good tasting energy drink I could find was Rock Star Cola, and then they stopped making it.  I was subsisting on BooKoo, or eschewing the stuff altogether, when Monster broke my mind  by putting this stuff out.  I... I think I need one now.  Getting a little shaky.  I'd inject it into my arm if my arm had tastebuds.
Garry Owen!

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #167 on: 03 Mar 2009, 06:46 »

So, what you're saying is that you are a cafeine addicted, alcohol consuming gun and knife collector?

You are, like, in America, right? far the hell away from me?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Aztex

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #168 on: 03 Mar 2009, 07:12 »

Coffee and internet
Also whenever i get my hands on Pretz Salad Flavour, I can't stop eating them, even when I get to the stage where i'm just full of MSG.

FourNineFoxtrot

• Emoticontraindication
  • Hell on Wheels
« Reply #169 on: 03 Mar 2009, 08:39 »

So, what you're saying is that you are a cafeine addicted, alcohol consuming gun and knife collector?

You are, like, in America, right? far the hell away from me?

Yes, that is what I am.

Yes, I am in America.

Yes, being a caffeine addicted, alcohol consuming gun and knife collector is exactly as awesome as it sounds, which is very goddamn awesome.
Garry Owen!

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #170 on: 03 Mar 2009, 21:27 »

Tomato Pretz > Salad Pretz
it's time to stop posting

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #171 on: 03 Mar 2009, 21:29 »

I need to know what you guys are talking about
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Swordfish

• Plantmonster
« Reply #172 on: 03 Mar 2009, 21:46 »

I forgot to mention I am absolutely addicted to Odwalla Superfood.  I crave it and I experience withdrawals.  I drink a 32oz bottle over a day or two.

And it's EXPENSIVE AS HELL, which sucks.  I don't even care if spirulina is as good for you as they claim it is, this is fucking delicious.  Even though it looks like baby poop.

Synorthion

• Not quite a lurker
  • I will kick you in the sternum
« Reply #173 on: 03 Mar 2009, 21:55 »

I have trichotillomania, too. I didn't know what it was called until I saw this comic. this one offers some strategies to combat it but it's really hard!

I've had a lot of negative responses to the few people that I've told as well. it makes me feel really messed up and I start hating my body a lot.

it sucks that a lot of us suffered alone.

I've had it since I was probably like 13. I used to go for my eyelashes a lot, but as I've gotten older it's definitely gotten better. Although it's considered an impulse control disorder they've linked it to a gene, so it's not that people with tricho are weird or messed up. Don't beat yourself up over it, I know that it's tough, but you just need to do the best you can.
"When people fight in the normal, everyday world, it's not because of being an athlete, it's because something pissed them off. When a man raises his fists, he has run out of ideas"

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #174 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:07 »

Well I'm caffeine-addicted, collect knives, but not guns, and I hate cigar/ettes.

Welcome to Jamrock!
My Last.FM

muteKi

« Reply #175 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:37 »

JRPGs. Older JRPGs, in fact, like Lunar: Silver Star and Phantasy Star II. Oh you have no idea how bad it is.

I'm just as predictable as ever, but it's often for the sake of the mazes and planning/strategy (I'm considering getting Shining Force in the near future).

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #176 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:47 »

JPEGs

It is late and this is what I saw. I was thinking you must have an awfully strange fixation with image files.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

TheViscount

« Reply #177 on: 04 Mar 2009, 00:11 »

Lunar: Silver Star

... Yes. Wow I haven't heard that name in 7 years. I need to play it again.

Vern LaVey

« Reply #178 on: 04 Mar 2009, 00:20 »

I don't even care if spirulina is as good for you as they claim it is, this is fucking delicious.  Even though it looks like baby poop.

I too have a love for spirulina, but ive found that if u get canned "Fruit Salad" (a decent brand), dump it into a bowl, eat the fruit, and drink the juice. Same thing.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #179 on: 04 Mar 2009, 10:22 »

See, I'm not the only one who likes juice in unappetizing colors.  The stuff that makes it green doesn't have much of a taste at all, really.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #180 on: 04 Mar 2009, 23:15 »

I had a bottle of Superfood with lunch today because it was an epic midterm day.

So tasty.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #181 on: 05 Mar 2009, 04:08 »

Oh, yeah. Microwave popcorn, totally.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #182 on: 10 Mar 2009, 19:57 »

Oh, I forgot to say.
The internet and music.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #183 on: 14 Mar 2009, 12:41 »

:-)

altered_carbon

« Reply #184 on: 14 Mar 2009, 12:49 »

I'm addicted to guitar feedback, booze, tea, pot, and literature...And I've been known to go on the occasional ecstasy binge, but that's in the past.

Haha, "tea, pot" teapot. Sorry.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #185 on: 14 Mar 2009, 22:47 »

The internet.

Withdrawal symptoms set in this morning. Ugh. It is terrible.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #186 on: 14 Mar 2009, 22:53 »

Yeah, there was supposedly wireless at the Salvation Army we worked at this morning but I couldn't connect. So I have to get my fill tonight since I have no idea when I will get it again. I wish there were more people in meebo!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Ceiling Cat

• Emoticontraindication
  • WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
« Reply #187 on: 15 Mar 2009, 14:39 »

Oh man. Pretzel sticks, olives, chocolate, feta cheese, salted popcorn, chocolate, sunflower seeds, peanuts, pine nuts, strawberries dipped in chocolate sauce, chocolate, chocolate Italian ice cream, coffee, earl grey tea, noodles, chocolate, chocolate, CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE.

As for non edible things, music, the internet, and stationery. I'm kind of sad.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #188 on: 15 Mar 2009, 14:50 »

Oh, and I've also bitten my nails for as long as I can remember. When I get really nervous I'll chew them down to the bleeding skin under them. Some of my fingers seem permanently swollen.

This.

I pick and chew on my lips.

And that.

Cire27

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #189 on: 16 Mar 2009, 15:58 »

I chew on my lips so much I end up peeling skin off.  When I get toothaches, I bite down really hard and pick at my gums where it hurts.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

Krina

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #190 on: 16 Mar 2009, 18:34 »

I'm addicted to pushing my limits. Every other addiction I have basically comes down to that. I have very little sense of who I actually am and I'm constantly suprised by the things that I will do or say. Ever since I was a teenager I have frequently put myself in situations that are somehow challenging to me and that force me out of my comfort zone. I guess part of that is just a part of growing up, but I push it to extremes. In that course, I've developed a substance abuse problem, I've been in relationships with people who were physically or otherwise abusive of me, I've willingly let myself be robbed, I either overeat or undereat, I've run away from home with a boy I hardly knew when I was 16, I've been a (fetish) model, I've been arrested and I've been to the asylum. Most of that stuff I've done solely for the reason because "I wanted to know what it'd be like". I'm addicted to indulging in things. I'm interested in basically anything - there are not many activities that I will not enjoy - and I like nothing better than making new experiences. 

I'm probably fairly stupid.

Stupid Human

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #191 on: 17 Mar 2009, 10:03 »

the Internet
Whiskey
Caffeine (Coffee, Pepsi, and Monster)
Pretending to be Productive
World of Warcraft
Disappointment
Bad Music
Masturbation

There's probably more.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #192 on: 17 Mar 2009, 10:30 »

shopping, it is actually a serious problem
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #193 on: 17 Mar 2009, 11:57 »

thecabbler

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #194 on: 17 Mar 2009, 12:13 »

-indian tacos
-my lady
-the internet
-beer
-cigs
-manscaping
-obnoxious headphones

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #195 on: 17 Mar 2009, 12:41 »

Bandit Stockholm (rock 106.3)

God damn Swedes know their music, all right.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

A Shoggoth on the Roof

• Furry furrier
« Reply #196 on: 17 Mar 2009, 14:08 »

it is absolutely delicious, especially on good baguette, or inside a croissant.

thecabbler

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #197 on: 17 Mar 2009, 14:48 »

also i have developed an unhealthy addiction to The OC

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #198 on: 18 Mar 2009, 01:57 »

I genuinely don't feel right unless I wash and condition my hair every day
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Yunior

• Furry furrier
« Reply #199 on: 19 Mar 2009, 20:23 »

Whoa, other people have trich! That is actually really comforting, I spend a lot of time really hating myself for that part of me. I've told two people (aside from my mom, who was the first person to notice), and the explanation was loaded with a lot of "Listen, I think this is gross, too" kind of hedging. I used to have really long hair and recently cut all of it off (whoo excuse awkward face) because I was sick of bald spots and putting the part on my hair in different places and wearing my hair up and hats. So I figured if the hair was short enough, I wouldn't pull it out? I dunno, terrible plan. All I know is now I am looking at my tweezers longingly and thinking, God no don't go there, Clara. I am really terrified I will totally go there.

(Don't think I am weird, I know it is weird :()
[02:00] Dollface: clara you are awesome
[02:00] clara: oh thanks dollface
[02:00] Dollface: whos awesome you are clara
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up