THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 03:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most awesome stuff you have won.  (Read 13594 times)

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
Re: Most awesome stuff you have won.
« Reply #50 on: 20 Feb 2009, 12:34 »

hey i was there too! my ticket wasn't free though :(
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #51 on: 20 Feb 2009, 12:57 »

I won a minor award for political studies at my old school. I got a book voucher! and a book mark!
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

mooface

« Reply #52 on: 20 Feb 2009, 13:20 »

when i was 7 my school had a contest to make a poster with the theme of saving mother earth or something.  i won second prize and i remember i was so proud of myself because usually only the big kids (aka 5th graders) won that shit.  i got a cool ribbon but i think i've lost it.

the first time i ever played roulette i won 130EU on the first number i bet on!
the second time i kept betting on either red or black and somehow got it right everytime.  it was pretty incredible.  i won 100eu total but i don't think i'd ever be able to do that again.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #53 on: 20 Feb 2009, 13:33 »

When I was about 7 I won a school drawing contest and got 50p and a bag of sweets

What a day that was
There is no sin except stupidity

ackblom12

« Reply #54 on: 20 Feb 2009, 13:39 »

The only things I've ever won were a ton of school reading events and a shit load of ribbons and trophys from having Show Cattle and Show Pigs.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #55 on: 20 Feb 2009, 13:43 »

Whoaaaa, being seven years old. I just remembered that in 1st grade (so, 6 yrs actually) I won a French contest and there was this little ceremony where they gave me a ribbon and some bonbons.  I haven't studied French since.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #56 on: 20 Feb 2009, 13:45 »

Whoaaaa, being seven years old. I just remembered that in 1st grade (so, 6 yrs actually) I won a French contest and there was this little ceremony where they gave me a ribbon and some bonbons.  I haven't studied French since.

The bonbons were that bad, eh

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #57 on: 20 Feb 2009, 14:09 »

I switched schools. In retrospect it is pretty unfortunate, what with it being harder to learn languages when you are older, and I seemed to be so good at French when I was young.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #58 on: 20 Feb 2009, 14:10 »

i don't think i have won anything in my life.

actually, once at summer camp i won the award for Most Cooperative Camper or something like that. basically, i am a pushover and always have been.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #59 on: 20 Feb 2009, 14:14 »

I bought one of those Instant Lottery tickets one time (scratch off and reveal!) and won 25 dollars.  It was some kind of poker game, and I had three Jacks.  Three Aces would've been worth $1000, but I guess I'm not very good at poker.

Many years later, I bought another Instant ticket, and won $2.  I spent the $2 on two more tickets, one of which scored a Free Ticket.  The Free Ticket ended up being another $2 winner.  This actually went on for a good ten or fifteen minutes.  There were Free Tickets and $2 winners popping up every two or three tickets, which kept things going.  The 7-Eleven guy and I were laughing much.  I figured eventually I'd either score big or run out of winners.  I didn't score big, but it was a reasonably entertaining way to kill fifteen minutes, and it only cost a dollar altogether.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #60 on: 20 Feb 2009, 14:19 »

I have won all kinds of sad, geeky prizes, and also a small number of more interesting ones.

My collection of dancing trophies and medals is sadly not as large as Gemm's because I only danced for about two years but I have a fair few in a box at my dad's house. I also once won a competition to circle all the fire hazards on a cartoon drawing of a room (I am not kidding) and the prize was a day at the fire station. I was "Chief Officer Harrison" and I got to sit in the fire engine and look at all the cool stuff.

When I was ten I won a prize for aptitude for languages. The prize was being allowed to take German in year eight. I don't think that was the best prize really.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #61 on: 20 Feb 2009, 14:21 »

I won a life in the western world with a loving family and a promising future.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Josefbugman

« Reply #62 on: 20 Feb 2009, 14:35 »

According to Cecil Rhodes I came first in "the lottery of life" and was born British.

Personally, I am inclined to have some agreement to this, not a lot, but enough.
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2009, 15:14 by Josefbugman »
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #63 on: 20 Feb 2009, 15:12 »

I remembered something else!

One time at a superbowl party in high school I won a drawing and got an inflatable football player that was roughly six feet tall! I need to dig that guy out of storage.

Josefbugman

« Reply #64 on: 20 Feb 2009, 15:15 »

That sounds sort of terrifying. Are you sure you didn't put that in the bottom of a case/ back of the cupboard for a reason?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #65 on: 20 Feb 2009, 15:34 »

When I was 9, in my first year at boarding school, I won the dormitory prize for tidiest bed-making - it was a bar of chocolate.

When I was 14, I won £25 (current equivalent, ~$750, I guess) from Pfizer, who gave it to the school to award to the most promising science pupil.

When I was 17, I got the highest mark awarded that year in any class in the Kent Music Festival, for my performance of Grieg's piano piece 'To the Spring'.  But another boy got his picture in the paper, not me, because he'd won several classes - boo, chiz!

Since then it's been all downhill, through I did win a free dinner for two in the raffle at my work's Christmas do two years ago.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #66 on: 20 Feb 2009, 17:13 »

Oh I guess I have won stuff for art.  In first grade I won a ribbon for a painting of a horse, and when I was in 10th grade I got an honorable mention for a self portrait.  In 12th grade I won, with another self portrait.  The teacher liked us to do yearly self portraits because he thought it showed "growth as people and as artists."  Blah.  Oh well, someone liked them.

This possibly the most immodest photo ever taken of me, and I'm a figure model.

I mainly thought of this because of what Andy was saying about art shows.  I have seen a few of her drawings and thought they were really good.  Judging art is really subjective, but there are times when I wonder what the judges were thinking.  I looked around and saw things my classmates had done that were awesome, next to much less interesting art that received an award.  I entered the show every year and the only times I ever won anything was when I did something boring like portraits or paintings of ponies.  In high school, a young Thomas Kinkade would be considered awesome.
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2009, 18:22 by Darkbluerabbit »

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #67 on: 20 Feb 2009, 19:58 »

Benelli semi-auto.

you (guys) willing to sell that?
also israel

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #68 on: 20 Feb 2009, 20:11 »

Nah, my brother loves that damn thing. Also, Benellis are heavy as shit, for real. I don't really recommend one, even if the damn thing does never jam.

Unless you're hunting pterodactyls. Then the whole reliability thing is probably a bigger deal.
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2009, 20:13 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #69 on: 20 Feb 2009, 22:38 »

Nah, my brother loves that damn thing. Also, Benellis are heavy as shit, for real. I don't really recommend one, even if the damn thing does never jam.

Unless you're hunting pterodactyls. Then the whole reliability thing is probably a bigger deal.
you should always assume pterodactyl hunting will be involved somehow.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

Reed

« Reply #70 on: 21 Feb 2009, 21:22 »

Oh! I forgot one thing (well, it wasn't won, it was given to me)!! When I graduated from high school one of my co workers gave me a dime bag! That was awesome!
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #71 on: 21 Feb 2009, 21:30 »

I won a 100$ gift card to a really fancy wine shop. I am underage. My dad took it.

:c
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #72 on: 21 Feb 2009, 21:31 »

I am not a person who wins things. And when I do, it is always something small. For example, I won a gift card(s) at an elementary school bingo game. Other than that though, I do not think I have won anything that is like, stupendous.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

doctorb

« Reply #73 on: 21 Feb 2009, 21:51 »

I won Jonas Brothers tickets through a drawing.
Sold that shit for $250.

MrSteevo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Bros before hoes dawg
« Reply #74 on: 21 Feb 2009, 22:48 »

I won $1,000 dollars from the Tobacco company. Death makes a lot of money.
You would not be able to kill me. I would win.

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #75 on: 22 Feb 2009, 09:23 »

I don't know if this really counts as a win but when I was 6 or 7 my mom took me to the Double Dare World Tour and somehow or another we got chosen to go up on stage for one of the games and my mom ended up sitting in the pie pod.
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #76 on: 22 Feb 2009, 10:41 »

Oh, for being a good boy at church, I won a die cast scale model of a '72 (I think) Chevy El Dorado Brougham by Hot Wheelz. Y'know, when they didn't suck.

I like classic cars, so that was cool (I'm too lazy to look for it to check the year).
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #77 on: 22 Feb 2009, 11:57 »

I won a can of coke during a quiz in French class. It was diet.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #78 on: 22 Feb 2009, 12:32 »

A little off topic, but my german class is currently in a competition where the first price is 40k NOK (almost 5.8K USD or 4.6K EUR) for a school trip to Germany. We are five students and a teacher. If we win that.... best school trip ever.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #79 on: 22 Feb 2009, 23:06 »

I won a can of coke during a quiz in French class. It was diet.

what a terrible prize

at least it wasn't pepsi
it's time to stop posting

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #80 on: 22 Feb 2009, 23:25 »

I think we once had a game of "guess the closest number and win a free 16oz bottle of coke" in class once. I chose 69 because I was a perverted weirdo (and in many cases, still am to this day). Long story short I won that fuckin' coke.

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #81 on: 23 Feb 2009, 07:55 »

Oh fuck I forgot about art, I got a first in year prize for a still life I did in standard grade. Means I was the best out of 200 other 15 year olds.

I drew a fish. In oil pastels.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #82 on: 25 Feb 2009, 18:28 »

I only won the shoes, but the shades are added for pure ridiculousness factor.

Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

sean

• welp
« Reply #83 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:14 »

jace. why do you own those sunglasses things. those are horrid.

anyway i just remembered something i won. well, i didn't win it but i got it for free. anyway, when i was in rome last march i had no cigarrettes when i arrived. my sister had class though so i was sitting around and i had monies so i thought okay now is a good time to go buy some. so i go to the corner store and ask for a pack of lucky strikes. sadly, they do not carry them. i am about to ask for camels when the lady behind the counter points at two different boxes so i just randomly pick one of the boxes because i did not want to deal with the language barrier. i pay for my smokes and then out of nowhere the cashier pulls out an umbrella and gives it to me. i became very confused and everyone in the store started to giggle to themselves at the silly american boy. turns out my cigarrettes came with a free umbrella. sadly that day it was so warm and sunny and i had no bag with me and i was not interested in carrying around an umbrella all day (i was touristed around rome all that day and did awesome stuff like eat pizza and drink booze in front of various historical locations (read: pantheon and coliseum) ) so i dumped the umbrella on a street light. im sure somebodys day was made when they found a free umbrella on a street corner though. and i do wish i still had it.

actreal

• Emoticontraindication
  • Loved by good, feared by evil
« Reply #84 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:14 »

As kids, my brother and I came first and second in a best costume competition for being the only two people to remember to dress up.  :?

Between us, it was about $500 in bicycle store vouchers so we were well paid for the embarassment, I suppose.  :roll:
Quote from: Hannelore
COME ON THEY ARE BUILDING A RAMP

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #85 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:16 »

I own those things because they multiply my ridiculous factor by 40.

sean

• welp
« Reply #86 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:27 »

I own those things because they multiply my horrid factor by 40.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #87 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:31 »

You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #88 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:40 »

Its too late now, I've already made the bad decision.

(I fully intend to only use these in a hilarious and ironic manner guys, seriously)

sean

• welp
« Reply #89 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:50 »

If I saw you on the street with those i would not think you were being ironic. i would simply be frightened.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #90 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:53 »

I would not wear them on the street.
Places I may wear them:
To a concert while being dressed up in a suit.
To a party with friends, we will all have a good laugh and make a kanye west joke
Any youtube video. Maybe I can be an internet celebrity.

Places I won't wear them:
Out and about as if they are part of my regular fashion and not something I am doing for a specific reason.
To bed.

I have gotten pretty smart about fashion from THE FASHION THREAD.

sean

• welp
« Reply #91 on: 25 Feb 2009, 20:00 »

If I saw you on the street anywhere with those i would not think you were being ironic. i would simply be frightened.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #92 on: 25 Feb 2009, 20:27 »

If I saw you on the street with those i would not think you were being ironic. i would simply be frightened punch you in the face.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

mooface

« Reply #93 on: 25 Feb 2009, 21:43 »

okay guys shutter shades are horrid, let's move along now.

skinnyfat

« Reply #94 on: 25 Feb 2009, 22:00 »

When I was a kid, I won a Nintendo fanny pack.
Which I still own.
Which I shall wear once fanny packs come back into style.

*hopes*

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #95 on: 25 Feb 2009, 22:50 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjDL3wGNvm0

your fanny pack related hopes have come true.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #96 on: 25 Feb 2009, 23:18 »

I recently "qualified" to win something tonight.

I get a call from the manager at Old Chicago who says I've been one of 5 people chosen to compete in the Perfect Pour contest, to be held on St. Patrick's Day. I have to pour a pint of guiness better than anyone.

I think I can do it.
also israel

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #97 on: 26 Feb 2009, 22:15 »

what's the prize if you win?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up