THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: Please, Just Let Me Die Already  (Read 267965 times)

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
Re: The Relationship, Or Lack Thereof, Advice Thread
« Reply #450 on: 22 Mar 2009, 15:46 »

wat
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #451 on: 22 Mar 2009, 17:14 »

After a two year time period of not talking to an ex, is it ok to ask for a date, or even skipping the date altogether for something more intimate?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #452 on: 22 Mar 2009, 22:34 »

The question you should first ask is "Why are they your ex after all?"

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #453 on: 22 Mar 2009, 22:44 »

approach it very delicately. phoning up someone you haven't spoken to in two years because you want to get back together with her could easily be seen by her as really selfish and inconsiderate, in the sense that you're really only breaking the two year streak not to ask how she is doing or if she wants to hang out or anything but to see if she'll date you again - this doesn't say "i care about you" so much as it says "hey, i kind of want this, wanna give it to me". maybe find a way to make your intentions clear, so as not to mislead her about why you're calling her, while also letting her know that you're contacting her not just because you want her back but because you also genuinely care about her and want to hear how she is doing. and if you're just going to stop talking to her again if she says no, then reconsider it cos that is a pretty dang rude thing to do to someone.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2009, 22:46 by tania »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #454 on: 23 Mar 2009, 05:00 »

When x = 0.5y + 7, where x is your acceptable age and y is your age.

The person's age doesn't come into it as that is what you compare to the acceptable age, i.e. let p be the person's age then
if p<x not fine
if p≥x fine

So, twice your age minus fourteen.

This is not the same thing.

Ok, nitpicking through boredom over.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #455 on: 23 Mar 2009, 05:22 »

Yeah, twice your age minus 14 would give you the max age that YOU aren't the creepy young one to.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #456 on: 23 Mar 2009, 09:31 »

No guys I was right you are all wrong.

x=1/2*y+7 = > y=2x-14

Original question was:
Well so, now that we've settled that, at what point is it okay to date someone that is twice your age?  Speak to me honestly, oh thread.

And the formula clearly shows it is never acceptable to date someone twice your age.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #457 on: 23 Mar 2009, 09:41 »

When you are 18 you can date someone twice your age. But why would you want to?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #458 on: 23 Mar 2009, 09:48 »

There are people out there who prefer older partners, like, old enough to be their parents. I know a few. They tend to be women. I'm not going to speculate on why that is.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

the_pied_piper

« Reply #459 on: 23 Mar 2009, 09:58 »

No guys I was right you are all wrong.

x=1/2*y+7 = > y=2x-14

After some puzzling out i get what you are saying and i put forward that we are all in fact right as in this case you would be p (p being the extra parameter i added earlier), they would be y and their youngest acceptable age would be x. However the formula doesn't contain both your age and their age so there is no way to make a direct comparison.

From the original formula of x=0.5y+7 we can see it is unacceptable to date someone half your age (as you must always date 7 years above half) but acceptable to date older than you so it would be ok if you were the younger person but not if you were the older person.

Somewhat amazingly though, this formula doesn't actually count for anything and as Jace said when you turn 18 all bets are off anyway.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2009, 10:00 by the_pied_piper »
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #460 on: 23 Mar 2009, 10:29 »

I disregarded the creepiness factor (x=1/2y+7) by 2 years - he was 26, I was 18 - and it ended badly. There is a reason things like this exist. Also the girlfriend that he had not told me about proved to be a problem. So maybe you can ignore this altogether.

Protip: make sure the man you fall in love with does not have a girlfriend who he probably intends to marry at some point.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Yunior

• Furry furrier
« Reply #461 on: 23 Mar 2009, 10:49 »

There are people out there who prefer older partners, like, old enough to be their parents. I know a few. They tend to be women. I'm not going to speculate on why that is.

Probably Daddy issues. And it usually accounts for women who prefer older partners just in general, albeit not twice their age.
[02:00] Dollface: clara you are awesome
[02:00] clara: oh thanks dollface
[02:00] Dollface: whos awesome you are clara

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #462 on: 23 Mar 2009, 11:32 »

we are all in fact right

I maintain no. MrBlu had the right thing but I think it was phrased poorly so I re-arranged it. Then you said something that missed the original question and made a completely false statement concerning the equivalence of my statement. I think your p parameter is totally superfluous. Think about it, we have a function that defines a cutoff, and we have written that cutoff as x, then you defined their age as p and compared it to x. We can just compare x directly to p.

Why am I so bitchy of late? I don't know. Whatever.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #463 on: 23 Mar 2009, 12:50 »

The problem with rearranging the equation is that you wanted x in the first place not y so there is no need. Also, you know your age y and their age which i defined as p but not x. To make any comparisons using this equation you need x as without x how do you know the acceptable age? That is what x is and that is what you need to know to make any sense of the equation.

You know y is your age, p is their age
the formula produces x the youngest acceptable age in terms of y. there is nowhere within the formula to directly compare p and y using the function x and without the function x you don't know whether it is acceptable or not.

e.g. use 20
x=20/2+7 =>x=17

then if p<17 not ok
          p≥17 ok

for y=2x-14 we know y not x so we would have to rearrange it back to the original formula anyway.

If you directly compare p and y it is just 2 constants, i.e. p<y,p=y or p>y but that doesn't tell us anything other than what we already know.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 04:05 by the_pied_piper »

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #464 on: 23 Mar 2009, 13:00 »

man, i love how this forum figures out acceptable age differences using algebra. you are all geeks in the best way possible. people i know in meat life (myself excluded) just tend to follow the silly 5 year rule.

so, relationship/math thread:

when i was younger i was pretty into the idea of meeting a "sophisticated older guy" who also has the exact same taste in music as i do for deep, meaningful conversations and possible makeouts.  now i realize that it wasn't really about age, but more of a certain personality type that i thought would be more common among older guys. it's actually not a common thing at all though, and i've given up on looking for it.  i did meet this guy on the internet (accidentally, not through a dating site or anything) who seemed like that type of person. he was twice my age and ended up falling in love with me and writing some songs about me, which was cute even though the songs weren't that good (but i still liked them), and at first when he told me that he was going to write me a song i didn't believe him cause it seemed pretty unrealistic, and i kept making fun of him and telling him to write/record faster, and then he did and i felt like a jerkface for doubting him, and for making him stay up late finishing the damn song.  well okay i didn't force him to do the latter, but he did, and it was because of me, so i felt responsible for that and for nearly destroying his vocal cords.

then he turned a bit creepy and kept on insisting that we should meet even though i politely refused cause i was engaged at the time (and i told him that from the start...) and wasn't looking to cheat on my fiancee with a stranger from the internets. at first he was all nice about it and was like oh we can be friends and watch old movies and eat popcorn and i will respect your boundaries and not touch you except maybe in a platonic way, because i am a perfect gentleman. i had a hard time believing it since he was obviously attracted to me.  also i am kind of suspicious of any dude who claims to be old-fashioned and chivalrous. so i was like ehhh that's probably not a good idea. then he got more pushy about it and was all like oh i am going to drive down to your campus even though it will take me 7 hours (!!) because i just love you that much, and we are going to have such a wonderful time together. weird, but again, i had a hard time believing that he would. and...i don't think he did. (of course, it's hard to say, since i was in tronno at the time)  but he insisted that he did come and he
looked for me everywhere and he put up posters advertising his "band" in our concourse area and i was like riiiiight, because when i returned and went to the concourse i didn't see any posters.  i told him that i am not a fan of surprise visits and to not do things like that in the future and he apologized i think but eventually he started bothering me again when he saw that i was no longer engaged and started asking me if i was okay, and that just came off as creepy as fuck.  um, eventually we just stopped talking entirely.

that experience ruined the mystique of the older man forever.  :|
or maybe i was being overly paranoid and missed out on a real good thing? hahahah. doubt it.

tl;dr, sorry everyone.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

bbq

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #465 on: 23 Mar 2009, 13:48 »

Hey guys. So, what's the best way to break it to a girl that you are in love/obsessed with her?

A bit of background; I've liked her for about 5 months, we met at one of my bands gigs, she has a boyfriend, she goes to a different school and lives about 12 miles away so I only see her whenever we arrange to meet up together, she's the kind of girl who doesn't really find awkward conversations awkward..

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #466 on: 23 Mar 2009, 14:11 »

she has a boyfriend

Bad idea.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #467 on: 23 Mar 2009, 14:28 »

Yeah, that would be pretty much horribly selfish no matter how you did it, because you will inevitably put her in a very awkward and uncomfortable situation for no real reason than for your own hopes that she might suddenly decide to run away with you. That is a shitty thing to do to a girl.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #468 on: 23 Mar 2009, 14:33 »

I only see her whenever we arrange to meet up together,

So you get to hang out with her sometimes.  It's up to her if she wants to change her allegiance - all you can do is simply make the times you happen to meet up awesome.

What's bad from your point of view is focussing on trying to get her; that's probably self-defeating, and also takes your mind away from the rest of the world that's still there to be enjoyed.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #469 on: 23 Mar 2009, 14:39 »

The above is very true. Also,

she's the kind of girl who doesn't really find awkward conversations awkward..

This is probably not actually the case. In my experience, most people who seem that way are really just trying to maintain a calm appearance, they find them every bit as awkward as everyone else; and they don't react any better to awkward situations either!

Overall, very bad idea. Do not. Try to find somebody else before you blow up your friendship.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #470 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:00 »

The problem
Look, check your PMs.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #471 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:02 »

obsessed with her

NO. Seriously. This is a thing within yourself that you have to fight.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #472 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:14 »

The problem with rearranging the equation is that you wanted x in the first place not y so there is no need. Also, you know your age y and their age which i defined as p but not x. To make any comparisons using this equation you need x as without x how do you know the acceptable age? That is what x is and that is what you need to know to make any sense of the equation.

You know y is your age, p is their age
the formula produces x the youngest acceptable age in terms of y. there is nowhere within the formula to directly compare p and y using the function x and without the function x you don't know whether it is acceptable or not.

e.g. use 20
x=20/2+7 =>x=17

then if p<17 not ok
          p≥17 ok

for y=2x-7 we know y not x so we would have to rearrange it back to the original formula anyway.

If you directly compare p and y it is just 2 constants, i.e. p<y,p=y or p>y but that doesn't tell us anything other than what we already know.
Did we just write a program?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #473 on: 23 Mar 2009, 22:23 »

Well, it is a description of an algorithm but not really a written program.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #474 on: 24 Mar 2009, 12:23 »

God damn people are jerks! :x

There's this girl. And she's cute. And smart. And I will probably be doing a lot of school stuff with her soon, so that will be fun. I'll try to do my best at flirting. But; this girl is not exactly liked among my group. They don't say anything directly to her face, and tolerate her, but when she's not around, they bitch terribly about how she a) is a hipster, b) is full of herself. This is incredibly frustrating, since I have to sit around listening to people bitching about a girl I like. I try to make hints, like "you know, talking behind someone's back isn't exactly nice", but to no avail. Sometimes I just want to go "shut up, you fuckers. She's got more style than anyone of you, she has better taste in music and clothes, she is funnier and smarter, she knows stuff about popular culture, and she should be full of herself around you, because you are stupid assholes". But I'm going to be in class with these people for almost one and a half year more. I can't do any angry speaks like that, it'd basically kill half of my social life. If I get together with this girl or if it becomes really evident that we are good friends, they will hopefully shut up about it around me. But I will still know that they dislike the girl I like. This sucks badly.

Thanks for the vent space. Any tips?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

bbq

« Reply #475 on: 24 Mar 2009, 12:29 »

Thanks for the responses guys, didn't actually expect anything.  :-P

Well obviously I'm not planning on trying to steal her away from her boyfriend - that's a pretty shitty thing to do, and it does go against everything I stand for. Also I'm not gonna go putting her in an awkward situation now, that'd totally defeat the point of the last few months.

It's not that she remains calm during awkward conversations, it just doesn't really faze her at all. Ok, the advice about making sure the time is awesome would be helpful, but I don't know how. I'm not the greatest conversationist..  :-P I'm not shy, I just don't really like talking that much. Also I have a really deep voice, and as a friend of mine recently said, she's sure everything I say is absolutely hilarious but she can't understand a damn thing I say. Are deep voices a good thing or not?  :?

Oh yeah, I know I shouldn't say 'oh I'm totally obsessed with her' but there's no point in calling an orange an apple. I was gonna say more stuff, but I don't know what. Thanks for the responses again!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #476 on: 24 Mar 2009, 12:57 »

making sure the time is awesome would be helpful, but I don't know how. I'm not the greatest conversationist..

It's not a matter of doing anything dramatic, or even out of the ordinary.  Much more important is to get to know just what stuff she likes - places, activities, food, talk, music, whatever - and unobtrusively make it likely to happen, and maybe extrapolate it a bit as well.  Of course the best way to get to know that is to be around her enough to pick up the clues, but in the position you describe you may have to rely on memory and talking to others; but sometimes simply asking and being prepared to listen to the answer is pretty awesome.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

bbq

« Reply #477 on: 24 Mar 2009, 13:09 »

places, activities, food, talk, music, whatever

the beach and cinemas, surfing/sleeping/parties, chocolate cake, hawthorne heights and dashboard confessional..

:-)

I haven't only just met her, so we do know quite a bit about each other. Oh and I know her taste in music is.. Questionable. she's not just a emo teenager.  :-P

It's not finding the common ground that is the problem, it's actually starting the conversation. But I'm surely I'll manage. Thanks for the advice though! It will all come in useful. At the moment however I'm willing to just be patient and be a good friend - I'm fairly competent at that.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #478 on: 24 Mar 2009, 13:35 »

Well get to it.
My Last.FM

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #479 on: 24 Mar 2009, 19:24 »

Bluh.
Damn my awkwardness and shyness.

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #480 on: 24 Mar 2009, 19:42 »

Any tips?

Just that if I were to find out that someone who was pursuing me didn't bother to decide between backstabbing friends and myself, then I obviously wouldn't mean as much to that person as they thought I did.  You should stand up for what you believe in.

Also, why are you hanging out with "stupid assholes?"  There are more important things than having a social life, and I think it would be more emotionally healthy to spend time with people you find worthwhile rather than necessary for some reason.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #481 on: 25 Mar 2009, 20:55 »

So, the guy who I posted about in the blog thread that plays drum and bass on a gameboy had his show tonight. We got to hang out before the show started and we hit it off rather well. I went with a friend and during the downtime, we made origami because I had paper in my purse and I made the guy a turtle and a helmet. (It's a turtle with a Napoleon complex that says "Vive la France.")

I hope I see him again because dude is totally cute.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2009, 20:57 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #482 on: 25 Mar 2009, 23:51 »

Any tips?

Do any of these people know her that you're aware of or are they just really that insecure/silly? I only ask this because when in college one of the ladies I was mildly interested in basically turned out to be ridiculously conceited gossip who luckily lost a bunch of credibility as more people got to know her.

Well, that and the time she threw her shoes at that janitor.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #483 on: 26 Mar 2009, 15:37 »

I don't like alcohol or caffeine, and eating food makes my face puff up and my acne stand out,
so,
what does that leave? Where the hell can I take a girl on a date? Especially a first date?

Second question. Why might I have a consistent track record of girls I know over the internet falling for me, but nearly every girl I meet in-person looks at me like I'm a piece of furniture? (Except for the one that I knew online FIRST, when I met her in person, she took my virginity and then some)
That "there are no girls on the internet" meme should read "there are no girls from California on the internet" lmao

Lastly, why, when I do meet a girl who doesn't look at me like I'm furniture, do I always seem to end up feeling such contempt for her that by the time she's willing to sleep with me I want nothing to do with her?
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2009, 15:40 by NeverQuiteGoth »
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #484 on: 26 Mar 2009, 15:58 »

There's always the tried and true movie or just going out and doing something outside, like walking in a park. Living in California, the latter is something I'd recommend as weather will generally be favorable unless you're way north.

I didn't drink, smoke until I was about twenty-two and I swore off caffeine from eighteen to twenty-one, so I know how you feel. The problem is that you're looking at it with too much of a traditionalist mindset. A date is not just dinner and a movie by definition, a date is just going out and trying to have fun with someone you're interested in romantically.

Can you handle rollercoasters? If so, amusement parks are a BIG recommendation. That was one of my top date destinations when I was in your position. You're getting out there, getting some sun and proving to your date that you're not some boring schlub who sits around all day. It's also a long activity that gives you plenty of downtime for getting to know each other while waiting in line for rides, without the pressure of a short dinner date where you pretty much have to make your impression right quick. Not to mention, the adrenaline rush from the rides will get both of you in a mindset that is favorable towards attraction. It's also not something you've got to dress up for and I cannot stress enough how beneficial a casual setting is to a date. It turns down expectations in a big way and basically puts you both on even footing while dropping a lot of pretense.

If not that, try an outdoor activity you're into. Go to the park and people watch or play frisbee or something.

The biggest thing, though, is to let your date know the plan in advance. Surprising people can be fun sometimes, but having your date show up in heels and a skirt is going to put a damper on pretty much anything that involves walking around for more than fifteen minutes at a time.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #485 on: 26 Mar 2009, 16:41 »

There's always the tried and true movie or just going out and doing something outside, like walking in a park. Living in California, the latter is something I'd recommend as weather will generally be favorable unless you're way north.
I don't consider California weather favorable. Ugh.
I've tried the movie before with mixed results, but a movie is just so obvious and unoriginal and rife with potential problems.

Can you handle rollercoasters? If so, amusement parks are a BIG recommendation. That was one of my top date destinations when I was in your position. You're getting out there, getting some sun and proving to your date that you're not some boring schlub who sits around all day.
Love rollercoasters. Hate the sun. I am a schlub who sits around all day. I make machinima for a living for crying out loud. My only good friends are online and in different time zones.
Good suggestion though... to bad the only amusement park within a day's round trip closes at dark.

So what about my other two questions?
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #486 on: 26 Mar 2009, 17:07 »

Surely you must drink something, though! I can see how not drinking alcohol might be a problem, because a girl might get suspicious if you both go to a bar and she's the only one getting drunk; but there are lots of drinks without caffeine. Just because you ask a girl out for coffee doesn't mean she's going to suddenly sue you for misrepresentation when you get to the cafe and order a herbal tea.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #487 on: 26 Mar 2009, 18:21 »

Find some outdoor festival or flea market or some other form of large gathering outside during the day.  That way you can figure out whatever you want to do that evening while you're hanging out with her (especially if she's got an idea of her own that appeals to you) and even if you don't come up with anything, there's still stuff to do because you're out somewhere where things are happening.  Depending on issues like transportation, doing something like this basically allows you to transition into whatever would actually turn out to be a great first date, because you're learning about what she likes all day.  It's kind of like a cheat code in that respect.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

Reed

« Reply #488 on: 26 Mar 2009, 18:27 »

What part of California do you live in?
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #489 on: 26 Mar 2009, 18:52 »

outside during the day.
No.

What part of California do you live in?

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #490 on: 26 Mar 2009, 18:54 »

hey man at least it ain't bakersfield

go outside
it's time to stop posting

Reed

« Reply #491 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:00 »

What happened to marine world/six flags/whoever the fuck bought that place? Could you not bring a sexy someone there? I'm assuming Great America is a little too far for you. I'm trying to think of what to do around there, I lived in marin until I was 18. You probably don't want to head to Marin, but there are some really awesome things to do there (as much as I thought it was boring growing up there). There are a whole fuck ton of festivals during the summer and they're all really nice. You could always go up to the wine country. I know you don't like to drink, but it's a really beautiful area and it doesn't look like you're too far from there.
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #492 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:10 »

Yeah, you're basically unhelpable. Sorry.

People who hate the sunlight get drunk on dates, people who don't like to drink go to parks and shit on dates. People who drink AND like daylight get drunk and go outside on dates, they win the dating pool.

You, unfortunately, fall in the middle ground that results in you probably not being all that fun of a person to hang out with.

Maybe try a concert or something?
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Reed

« Reply #493 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:15 »

people who don't like to drink go to parks and shit on dates.

I'm sorry, I had to.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #494 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:36 »

also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #495 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:39 »

I kinda agree with Obessssions here. Maybe you should work on things like eating, drinking and going outside before getting involved with the opposite sex.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

nobo

« Reply #496 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:53 »

so... you're close to san francisco, close to the redwoods, close to a national seashore and you can't find a place to take dates?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #497 on: 26 Mar 2009, 20:38 »

Do you just not like fun or something?
how do "outside during the day" and "fun" have ANYTHING to do with each other?

What happened to marine world/six flags/whoever the fuck bought that place?
They aren't open after dark usually. Plus admission is pricey.

Yeah, you're basically unhelpable. Sorry.
People who hate the sunlight get drunk on dates, people who don't like to drink go to parks and shit on dates. People who drink AND like daylight get drunk and go outside on dates, they win the dating pool.
A generalization, but yeah, I figured as much. :-(

You, unfortunately, fall in the middle ground that results in you probably not being all that fun of a person to hang out with.
I take offense at the notion that being sober and nocturnal makes me unpleasant to be around. Also, "parks and shit" are still there after dark, aren't they? :-P

Maybe try a concert or something?
Same problems as a movie, plus the fact that they're rarer, more expensive, and further away. And I'm not into music like I'm into movies.

I kinda agree with Obessssions here. Maybe you should work on things like eating, drinking and going outside before getting involved with the opposite sex.
Those aspects of my being will never change. They are fundamental and permanent facets of my nature. I don't need to "work on" eating, whatever that means. I will never drink. Ever. However, I do not have a problem with going outside. It is merely my distaste for sunlight that has grown steadily for the passed decade of my life, and that's never going to change either.

so... you're close to san francisco, close to the redwoods, close to a national seashore and you can't find a place to take dates?
Yes. Except I'm not close to any of those things. San Francisco, which is closest, is nearly an hour's drive away. :roll:

(I love how I asked three questions, ordered from least important to most important, and there has been nearly a page of discourse on the first question while the others were completely ignored. :-D)

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #498 on: 26 Mar 2009, 20:42 »

You live near Vallejo, go to Seafood City and have fun looking at all the Asian products! And enjoy the good restaurants!

Except that probably isn't very fun to normal people
it's time to stop posting

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #499 on: 26 Mar 2009, 20:45 »

Yeah you're pretty weird
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!