THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: <thread about shows>  (Read 7810 times)

emmalee

<thread about shows>
« on: 26 Feb 2009, 10:50 »

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=16

So which are you? Or, if you don't fit into the four convenient stereotypes, what do you do at shows?

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
Re: <thread about shows>
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2009, 11:01 »

I hold up a sign that says 'THIS BAND SUCKS DEEZ NUTS'.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2009, 11:04 »

I am the guy who dances around and steps on everyone's toes.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2009, 11:04 »

I hate people at gigs who talk during the songs. Why are they even there?

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY A TICKET TO A GIG GO TO LISTEN TO THE SONGS OR DON'T BOTHER. STOP TALKING WHILE I AM TRYING TO LISTEN, FUCKTARDS!

I usually go to gigs for quieter bands mostly e.g. Iron & Wine, José González, so it is even more annoying.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

PapaFrita

« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2009, 12:52 »

I am usually dancing, unless the crowd is threatening to crush me. Then there is some kind of struggle involved, often physical.

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2009, 13:00 »

I stand near the front, off to the side, cold and unemotional. Occasionally I will raise the horns in support of the band or slightly bob my head in time with the music.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2009, 14:01 »

Nodding in tune is an amazing ability to have. I'm impressed.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #7 on: 26 Feb 2009, 14:32 »

I stand in front because I'm 5 feet 1.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #8 on: 26 Feb 2009, 14:37 »

i dance. even if the music isn't particularly danceable. sometimes i stand a bit close to the front, but i don't make any real effort to get there.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2009, 14:41 »

i like to stand on the sidelines and bop my head arhythmically until i am just drunk/excited enough to maybe dance/flail around.

at least...maybe i do that. i don't go to many shows these days.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #10 on: 26 Feb 2009, 14:42 »

I'm the person that goes "Fuck it, I'll just look on youtube afterwards" and then leaves.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2009, 14:42 »

I stand in front because I'm 6 feet 1.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2009, 14:45 »

I despise it when people go to shows and stand around talking the whole time too. Whoever mentioned it above expressed my thoughts exactly. For me, concerts aren't social get togethers. If you want to listen to music and talk go to a club or get a fucking speaker system in your living room. Don't stand around while a band is performing and talk, which is essentially telling the band you don't give a fuck about their music and telling the people around you that you don't give a fuck about their listening experience. It just seems incredibly selfish and frankly makes no sense to me. I mean, they paid to be there, why are they now standing around not even listening to the thing they paid for. Assholes.
That's why I like going to concerts alone. I only like standing right up against the stage (and so I generally hate seated shows and I always hate festival crowds) and I get really into the music and sometimes stomp my feet in time or sway in place or jump up and down if it's the right kind of show but I don't move around all that much for the most part.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 2009, 16:16 »

I only go to shows to find people to play Monopoly with
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2009, 16:18 »

I drew a picture of the average show I go to. The bathrooms are behind the stage, so that's why there is always a spot where people don't stand because drunk people go pee a lot. In the picture, red skirt girl is me because right there I have easy access forward to the bathrooms and backward to the bar. Everyone is holding a PBR in front of them in their right hand.

All ages shows are completely different; the kids don't know the etiquette of the place so it's hard as hell to shove through people to get to the bathroom. 21+ shows you might have to gently touch someone's side and they'll automatically move for you.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Big Happy Captain

• Plantmonster
« Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2009, 16:36 »

im a dancy guy, even the slower songs i limply throw my arms up and look like im on e.

i do like to talk to my friends, if not just random people who were standing next to. sorry, but you meet great people at gigs!

boneykingofnowhere

• Furry furrier
« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2009, 18:41 »

Depending on the music I am either silently nodding in tune, singing along or jumping with the rest of the crowd. Combine as necessary.
This

kyleg

• Plantmonster
« Reply #17 on: 26 Feb 2009, 20:12 »

Ha. Nice little map.

I vary based on the type of show I go to. If I'm going to a jazz/blues gig, I'm usually sitting at a table or the bar, enjoying an appetizer and taking in the ambience. At a metal show I'd be the frontline warrior. Of course, at most metal shows that I would go to, everyone is a frontline warrior until a moshpit breaks out. If I'm seeing a band specifically and for no other purpose than to watch them play, I'm content standing about anywhere I can see them.

I tend to go to jazz/blues gigs the most. Especially if I know the band.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #18 on: 27 Feb 2009, 09:59 »

I stand in front because I'm 6 feet 1.

Man, I'm sure people behind me do hate that I like standing my 6'3" ass up front. But I love being right there. Depending on the show, I'm usually bouncing around or standing still, fidgeting. If it's a good punk show, I may be in the circle pits.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2009, 12:30 »

I tend to be on the rail or otherwise at the front, but that's cus I'm weird about showing up on time for things and tend to among the first people at a show.
Pages: [1]   Go Up