THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: America's Children - real lippy?  (Read 12635 times)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
America's Children - real lippy?
« on: 02 Mar 2009, 19:57 »

Apparently so!

According to Chen, the deputies claim the girl was "real lippy" and called them "fat pigs." That is their actual defense.

I predict that in 5 years this deputy will be the head of the policemen's union.

Also apparently he "killed a mentally ill man" in 2006. So he's in the running for Deputy Commissioner.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Cire27

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
Re: America's Children - real lippy?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2009, 20:13 »

Oh I saw this on Punknews not long ago.  It's pretty fucked up.  Apparently the guy has actually killed two people but was cleared for both of them.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2009, 20:59 »

I think the best part is when, after having charged this girl into a wall and yanking her to the ground by her hair, he proceeds to punch her in the head. twice.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

TheViscount

« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2009, 21:09 »

I love a good child beating.

Always makes me want to smash the fucker that does it.

He obviously has anger problems and had some rough shit happen to him recently prior to her arrest, and the first thing that pissed him off was deemed his target.
That or he has re-occuring anger issues. Though he'd be pretty damn useful on a squad that needs to kick down a door; did you see that kick? Haha. Kick.

She should have just had her actions and attitude recorded, I agree with her and the father though.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2009, 21:11 by TheViscount »

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2009, 21:18 »

This is why we need serious mental examinations of police officers all over the country. This fuckface obviously has serious problems.
Hate, rain on me

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2009, 21:26 »

I feel like I've read before that police officers tend to trend towards "abuser" psych profiles.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

TheViscount

« Reply #6 on: 02 Mar 2009, 21:29 »

I feel like I've read before that police officers tend to trend towards "abuser" psych profiles.

What with the hold on law and power, yes, it does make them more likely to veer towards the wild side of things.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #7 on: 02 Mar 2009, 21:53 »

Ya know, I have a lot of respect for the amount of bullshit that police officers have to put up with, but that video is fucking shameful. I shouldn't have even looked at the youtube comments for it, since of course there had to be at least one idiot throwing in the ever reliable "Well, she probably had it coming, because you know, she's in a jail" comment. Great logic, dumb ass. You can go ahead and sit there assuming that the completely apeshit police officer was also using good judgement when she was brought in too, but I'm going to sit here waiting for more info. Further, it doesn't fucking matter how annoying she is, he's a god damned police officer and we expect better than that from the people we give authority.

Now, if you guys will excuse me, I'm going to go drink myself into a rage coma.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2009, 21:55 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

TheViscount

« Reply #8 on: 02 Mar 2009, 21:59 »

Ya know, I have a lot of respect for the amount of bullshit that police officers have to put up with, but that video is fucking shameful. I shouldn't have even looked at the youtube comments for it, since of course there had to be at least one idiot throwing in the ever reliable "Well, she probably had it coming, because you know, she's in a jail" comment. Great logic, dumb ass. You can go ahead and sit there assuming that the completely apeshit police officer was also using good judgement when she was brought in too, but I'm going to sit here waiting for more info. Further, it doesn't fucking matter how annoying she is, he's a god damned police officer and we expect better than that from the people we give authority.

Her skin was obviously a beacon, I mean come on. And look at that kick. That show was threatening to mar his beautiful face. Fucker had it coming.

For those who can't read internet sarcasm: That was internet sarcasm.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #9 on: 02 Mar 2009, 22:08 »

See, if I did something like that in school, just because someone was lippy and threw a shoe at me, I would be expelled and charged with assault, at the least. Since the guy has a badge, and has the job of protecting the people of his city, he gets off scot-free? There is little I would love more right now than to find out he just got hospitalized after getting the crap beaten out of him. Maybe a few broken ribs, legs, brain damage. Nothing too bad. Wouldn't want him to not be able to realize what had happened to him.

I want to be a police officer, and people like him piss me off to no end. They absolutely ruin the reputation of policemen everywhere.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #10 on: 02 Mar 2009, 22:58 »

Oh don't get me started on the fucking police. From the time they tried to arrest me(and then have a judge laugh at them), to going to visit someone in jail(where I was flabbergasted with how they treated even the visitors), to my aunt marrying a police officer(and getting beaten to a bloody pulp regularly. And of course they would never arrest him.)

Its terrible, and I know I should have the reaction that I do to police, but I just immediately get defensive around them.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Wolf

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #11 on: 02 Mar 2009, 23:02 »

I think that cop deserves everything coming to him.  He was wrong and should be put behind bars himself.  You should be able to trust the police even if you are being arrested. The only thing I hope is that the girl does learn that there are people out there like him some have badges and some don't it is best to be polite and respectful.  I have learned that lesson overtime and generally don't try to push people's buttons because you never know what they may do.

PS is this the correct thread to use this smiley  :police:
You've been a great audience. Have a wonderful night.

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #12 on: 02 Mar 2009, 23:28 »

That poor kid is going to make bank off of this. Someone needs to put one in that fool's head. He's let that gun turn him into one of the monsters. We used to call it "gunned up."
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2009, 23:31 by Guido Sarducci »
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly." Donald Rumsfeld

FourNineFoxtrot

• Emoticontraindication
  • Hell on Wheels
« Reply #13 on: 03 Mar 2009, 00:11 »

"Gunned up"?

I suspect this cop wasn't right in the head pretty much regardless of what his duty belt held.  Do they even carry guns into county lockups?  The video is so grainy it's pretty hard to tell if he was strapped. 

This video is a black mark on law enforcement in this country.  I don't especially like cops, but I respect them.  And I know the anger every honest cop who sees this video must feel.  This is Bad Juju.
Garry Owen!

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #14 on: 03 Mar 2009, 02:08 »

What the hell's a rage coma? Are you unconscious but your teeth are gritted?

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #15 on: 03 Mar 2009, 03:02 »

"Gunned up"?

I suspect this cop wasn't right in the head pretty much regardless of what his duty belt held.  Do they even carry guns into county lockups?  The video is so grainy it's pretty hard to tell if he was strapped. 

This video is a black mark on law enforcement in this country.  I don't especially like cops, but I respect them.  And I know the anger every honest cop who sees this video must feel.  This is Bad Juju.

By gunned up we meant high on the power rush they can give. Like roided out. Not that he was armed. Cops and soldiers are prone to it.
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly." Donald Rumsfeld

el_loco_avs

• Furry furrier
« Reply #16 on: 03 Mar 2009, 04:59 »

What the hell's a rage coma? Are you unconscious but your teeth are gritted?

Unconscious yet *angry*

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #17 on: 03 Mar 2009, 06:19 »

There is, of course, no excuse for what the officers in the video have done, and they deserve everything that is hopefully coming to them.

Though, it does always make me sad to see how little respect police officers get. Especially among teenagers, the common perception of police officers is that they are "Fucking oppressive pigs". Anytime a single police officer does something wrong, everyone gets up in arms against the police force in general. It is one case where people let their feelings against a very, very small proportion of a group of people decide their feelings on the whole group. I've never had a negative run-in with the cops, and, for the most part, I'm sure most of you haven't either, unless you were doing something illegal.

When I hear in the news about a police shooting, it makes me sad that someone is dead, but, even more so, I feel for the thousands of other police officers who did nothing wrong, who are going to get shit for it for a long time, when they are just trying to perform the duties of their job, which, some of you might forget, is trying to protect you. I know of very few cops who wanted into the force in order to begin a oppressive regime, most of them just want to help people.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #18 on: 03 Mar 2009, 11:37 »

The idea is that I'd be so angry that it would cause neurological damage which would result in me being unresponsive.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #19 on: 03 Mar 2009, 15:52 »

Fuck the police.

Not being serious.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #20 on: 03 Mar 2009, 16:25 »

Fuck tha police.

fixed that for you.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #21 on: 03 Mar 2009, 16:37 »

I know a couple girls who are certainly deserving of the face-ruining she just got.

Honestly, I hate travelling to the US/Canada sometimes, JUST because of some of those preppy white chicks.

*cough* Not that I'm saying that beating was warranted... I'm just saying... I "understand" him.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #22 on: 03 Mar 2009, 17:11 »

You understand a psychopath who gets to kill people and beat up young girls?

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #23 on: 03 Mar 2009, 19:43 »

People as psychotic as this dude clearly is is never a good thing.  It's just as frightening when members of the military do this; a kid in my gym class my senior year of high school once told me about how pissed off Iraqis in general made him, how he "would put a bomb in a goddamn baby carriage just to see some of those fuckers die," and how the Marines get no respect, but when we're all "speaking Iraqi," we're gonna "call on the mothafuckin' MARINES" and such.  Several times.  He's being sent to the Marines' version of OCS.  I am afraid.

stuff

poor choice of joke dude.  I can see where you were coming from, but very poorly worded.  Dust off and try again in a different thread.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #24 on: 03 Mar 2009, 20:34 »

That is the majority of my high school, but then again I live in Arkansas.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #25 on: 03 Mar 2009, 21:08 »

I had a big long post written up but the IE on this school computer ate it all up.

So I'm just going to tell y'all to read this blog post. It ties into the present discussion in that it involves violence against women, but it branches out into matters of privacy and domestic abuse in general. There's a lot to consider in cases like these, and a lot to worry about, given that "she asked for it" is so commonly and casually trotted out. Lots of people, otherwise normal people, think like this. You can see this sort of thought even extending into cases of sexual assault.

What does all this say about us, as a culture?
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #26 on: 03 Mar 2009, 21:42 »

i am going to mull over this tonight and write something really nice and long tomorrow morning, maybe with more to do on gender equality. for now i will say i think it all sort of comes from this north american notion which is socialized to some extent in everybody that anybody can stay out of trouble and generally have an awesome life if they just try hard enough; thus when people do get into trouble it's easier to blame it on something they did to deserve it rather than something external and out of their control. also probably explains about a billion other attitudes of ours like why we think capitalism is rad and private health care is rad and the death penalty is rad and poor people should just stop being lazy and get jobs, damnit.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #27 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:15 »

You understand a psychopath who gets to kill people and beat up young girls?
I did not say anything about killing people, now did I?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #28 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:24 »

People as psychotic as this dude clearly is is never a good thing.  It's just as frightening when members of the military do this; a kid in my gym class my senior year of high school once told me about how pissed off Iraqis in general made him, how he "would put a bomb in a goddamn baby carriage just to see some of those fuckers die," and how the Marines get no respect, but when we're all "speaking Iraqi," we're gonna "call on the mothafuckin' MARINES" and such.  Several times.  He's being sent to the Marines' version of OCS.  I am afraid.

Generally by the time you've made 2nd Lieutenant you have people over you who will rip your head off and shit down your throat if you act out of line toward civilians. We're very fucking particular these days about this kind of thing. Also, no 2LT goes it alone. He has sergeants. And if his commander won't rip him a new one, his sergeants certainly will. One of the unwritten laws of military life is that 2LT's are not in charge, The platoon Sgt is in charge and the Lt is along for the ride. He'll probably get his ass on target before he has a chance to do any real damage. We hope.

I did not say anything about killing people, now did I?

I've been to a couple of three ring circuses, and I even saw a barn dance once. And I have only met a few people who deserved to have their face ruined. And not once were any of them teen aged yuppies. Grok?
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2009, 22:30 by Guido Sarducci »

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #29 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:25 »

MrBlu, you are really saying that you think there are people who deserve that?

Because they are annoying?

Think about this for a while before replying.

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #30 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:28 »

GOD BLESS AMAERICA
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #31 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:31 »

GOD BLESS AMAERICA

bet you can't sing the whole thing :laugh:

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #32 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:35 »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MY HOME AND NATIVE LAND
TRUE PATRIOT LOVE
IN ALL THY SONS' COMMAND
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #33 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:41 »

WITH GLOWING HEARTS WE SEE THEE RISE
THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE

(DUM! DUM-DUM!)

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #34 on: 03 Mar 2009, 22:44 »

Is this sung to the tune of Oh Tannenbaum? :mrgreen:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #35 on: 03 Mar 2009, 23:18 »

God bless America, land that I love!
Stand beside her, and guide her
Through the night with a light from above
From the mountains to the prairies
To the oceans white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home.

(I think)
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #36 on: 03 Mar 2009, 23:36 »

MrBlu, you are really saying that you think there are people who deserve that?

Because they are annoying?

Think about this for a while before replying.
NO. I'm not serious. Anyone who would beat down a girl like THAT needs to get their head checked.
I keep forgetting my internet humor indicator is broken.

And no, when I say "face ruined" I don't mean literally. I mean it like the expression "Ruin your face/s**t/ass".
Sure, I wanted to slap a girl across the face when she made a racist joke against me, but I was shocked that the other cop didn't even TRY to restrain the guy.
My Last.FM

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #37 on: 04 Mar 2009, 11:02 »

violence against women

i am making some assumptions here as i obviously don't know what was going through the cop's head when he assaulted this girl, but to be honest i think this has very little to do with violence towards women and a lot more to do with police officers' contempt towards teenagers in general. police do tend to hold more conservative views than the rest of the public, but they are usually more chauvinistic than anything (we need to protect the weak members of society, etc etc). however, a very common view shared among people working in law enforcement is that teenagers are disrespectful assholes who need harsher punishments and longer sentences and basically to learn to respect authority, for the reasons rallymonkey outlined. personally i would say age is the important factor here, not gender. again, i'm making some assumptions but my feeling is that if the victim had been male instead of female, i don't think the cop would have responded any differently.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #38 on: 04 Mar 2009, 11:18 »

WITH GLOWING HEARTS WE SEE THEE RISE
THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE

(DUM! DUM-DUM!)

TON HISTOIRE EST UNE ÉPOPÉE
DES PLUS BRILLIANTS EXPLOITS
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2009, 11:28 by michaelicious »

benji

« Reply #39 on: 04 Mar 2009, 11:28 »

i am making some assumptions here as i obviously don't know what was going through the cop's head when he assaulted this girl, but to be honest i think this has very little to do with violence towards women and a lot more to do with police officers' contempt towards teenagers in general. police do tend to hold more conservative views than the rest of the public, but they are usually more chauvinistic than anything (we need to protect the weak members of society, etc etc). however, a very common view shared among people working in law enforcement is that teenagers are disrespectful assholes who need harsher punishments and longer sentences and basically to learn to respect authority, for the reasons rallymonkey outlined. personally i would say age is the important factor here, not gender. again, i'm making some assumptions but my feeling is that if the victim had been male instead of female, i don't think the cop would have responded any differently.

I do wonder if the public would have responded differently. If he had beaten up a 15 year old boy, would the public at large be condemning him as much?
This signature is intentionally left blank.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #40 on: 04 Mar 2009, 11:29 »

Heh, I just had to edit my post above because I was gonna ask the same question. So I guess I will answer it.

I hope there would be as much of a stir, but honestly I doubt that there would be. I think the news still implants the idea of a young black male as an automatic suspect in a lot of people's minds, which is really sad. While I don't think anyone truly thinks someone deserves to have their head slammed into a wall, I think they would not be as outraged by it if it happened to a teenage boy.
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2009, 11:33 by michaelicious »

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #41 on: 04 Mar 2009, 12:35 »

violence against women

I agree, I don't think violence against women is connected in particular to this incident, I was more reffering to the whole Rihanna thing. We could expand the concept to "violence against (broad group)", this idea that there is something inherent about being part of said group that invites violence.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #42 on: 04 Mar 2009, 14:17 »

I would say that for the most part, a group that is more likely to be attacked is more likely to be attacked because they are seen as weaker, or at some sort of disadvantage. I imagine there are some exceptions, but I think that is the main issue.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #43 on: 04 Mar 2009, 14:20 »

I do wonder if the public would have responded differently. If he had beaten up a 15 year old boy, would the public at large be condemning him as much?

Yeah, merely saying "Hitting girls is bad" as so many are wont to do is an irresponsible and needlessly reductive response to what happened. This guy is a fucking police officer. They have been given authority in large part because we as citizens expect them to act in a reasonable manner even when other people wouldn't. It's a tough job, and it certainly isn't fair, but them's the breaks. Putting up with some bullshit is in the fucking job description. The government monopoly on violence is intended to be contingent upon the idea that they will not use violence unless it is to mitigate further harm. A 15 year old girl being lippy in no way warranted that response, and so they shouldn't be cut any slack just because of the fucking badge; if anything we need to come down all the harder.

benji

« Reply #44 on: 04 Mar 2009, 14:28 »

All true, but when first watching that video, before I thought of the abuse of public trust involved, I had this culturally ingrained response that said "he's beating up a little girl." How many people wouldn't let their outrage get beyond that point? And how many of those people wouldn't have had even that response if it had been a boy?
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface
« Reply #45 on: 04 Mar 2009, 15:17 »

I think there are a lot of good police officers, but the public tends not to interact with them as much.  The ones that pull you over for doing five over, or a "california roll" tend to be more on the dickish side.  There are also far too many police officers with an ego and a power trip.

These days when I see the police I don't feel comforted, I feel like they are out to get me if they can and 50 seconds of talking to them can ruin my life if I say the wrong thing.  The other week the police showed up at my friends door and started interogating him over a comment he left on Facebook.  let me say that again.... FACEBOOK.  Another friend this week got a concealed weapons charge when he had a pocket knife in his... pocket while standing on the doormat of his apartment.  This may just sound like I hang out with a bad crowd but I really don't.  I'm just a 20 something living in an upper middle class white neighborhood.

After being involved in TWO fatal shootings that cop should have had a desk job, if not after the first one.  His days of interacting with the public should have been over long before this.

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #46 on: 04 Mar 2009, 15:36 »

And how many of those people wouldn't have had even that response if it had been a boy?

People couldn't give 2 shits if it had been a boy.  That's the thing that irritates me about supposed "equal rights",  but that's a different rant for a different thread.

I work in law enforcement, and the bullshit these guys have to put up with just to do their jobs is intense.  There's no sound on the video and no side of the story EXCEPT FROM THE GIRL.  We don't know how she had been acting up to that point.  What if she was refusing to do what the deputy said?  What if she'd assaulted him earlier in the night?

Get both sides before you make a decision.  I'm not advocating unnecessary violence and the 2 shots to the back of the head after she's on the ground are definitely fishy.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #47 on: 04 Mar 2009, 16:44 »

We do actually know the other side of the story though. The person in question has stated that the girl was "real lippy" and had called them "fat pigs". Even if she had refused to do as she was instructed (which was to remove her shoes) and even if she had assaulted them before (15 year old female vs 2 trained policemen), do you think that under any circumstance at all it is even remotely ok to do as he did?
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #48 on: 04 Mar 2009, 17:10 »

No, we have a blurb at the top of a one sided interview with the girl and nothing involving the context or a statement from the others involved.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #49 on: 04 Mar 2009, 17:18 »

Even if she had refused to do as she was instructed (which was to remove her shoes) and even if she had assaulted them before (15 year old female vs 2 trained policemen), do you think that under any circumstance at all it is even remotely ok to do as he did?
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up