THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 07:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comicographies  (Read 2824 times)

DanteShepherd

Comicographies
« on: 06 Mar 2009, 09:16 »

Hey everybody!

You know how some panels in comics stick out, get stuck in your craw and really draw you in, to the point they might be more memorable than the rest of the comic?

So I came up with this idea earlier in the week about trying to craft your own biography through the use of individual panels made by different cartoonists.  As a result, I'm calling it a comicography.

I set a few groundrules right off the bat for myself:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1) Your biography told through comic panels must go from life to death.

2) You are only allowed one panel from any comic, within that comic's entire archive.

3) You are not allowed to change any coloring, wording, or element of the comic panels you choose.

4) You are allowed to go into the future if you are not dead yet.

5) You must list the contributed comics at the end (as in endnotes or references). If a comic is no longer available due to limited archives, just link to the general site.

6) You can be as fictional as you want.

7) You do not need to be represented in the series of panels by similar looking characters. For example, Dante is represented by a cat, a chicken, a rodent-like thing, a T-rex, and a dolphin in this comicography.

One other rule, besides the main seven listed above, is that you can't use any panels from your own comic, if you have one - so I couldn't use anything from STW as nice as it might be.  It really allows you to be able to peruse other comic's archives and enjoy everything you may have skipped over quickly before.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyway, at this point you're interested in the final product, which you can find hosted at STW by following the link, or just enjoy the image below.

The references, since there are many, are listed on our site.

We'd love to see anything that anyone else puts together, and would love feedback to a simple sideproject we got a big kick out of.  Thanks, all.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
Re: Comicographies
« Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2009, 10:45 »

This thread would be better if we had to draw our own biographies.

Nice job, though!  Was interesting trying to see which ones I know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up