THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q.&A. Eh?  (Read 3281 times)

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
Q.&A. Eh?
« on: 06 Mar 2009, 22:21 »

If there's something that you can't find but remember so much that you need to totally figure out what it is
If there's a question you just need to ask
If you need a solution to a problem (this may or may not exclude Homework)

This may (or may not) be the thread for you!

The idea is that someone posts a question in the thread and another poster posts an answer to the query in the other poster's post inside their, the poster who is answering the original poster's post that is, post.

Remember to quote the question from the original post in your answer post.

There are to be no more than 15 question posts with only one question per poster per page. If all posted questions per page are answered satisfactorily then more posts per page may be posted by other poster's who have not already posted a question post on the current page.

To start the ball rolling:
I found this little game on the internet years ago where there was giant cube and you'd add several crazy/wacky items to the cube over time and as each one was added the cube would change - such as grow trees, waterfalls, flowers animals, caverns, etc. The game was won by turning the cube, with the right combination of items in the right sequence, into a crazy green cube turtle with a very much changed cube on its back. Anyone know where to find it?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Re: Q.&A. Eh?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2009, 23:35 »

http://www.eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2005/09/grow_cube.html

Do I need to quote the question if its above me?

I guess that's my only question, really.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #2 on: 06 Mar 2009, 23:44 »

http://www.eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2005/09/grow_cube.html

Do I need to quote the question if its above me?

I guess that's my only question, really.

WHAI YES OF COURSE.

Lime or Strawberry-flavored hard candies?
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2009, 00:36 »

(as an aside it took me half an hour to beat that fucking puzzle.)
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #4 on: 07 Mar 2009, 00:51 »

Lime or Strawberry-flavored hard candies?

lime. http://www.stainedglasscandy.com/limecandy.htm

my question:

There are to be no more than 15 question posts with only one question per poster per page. If all posted questions per page are answered satisfactorily then more posts per page may be posted by other poster's who have not already posted a question post on the current page.

can someone explain that in a way that makes sense? perhaps with less alliteration?
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #5 on: 07 Mar 2009, 01:45 »

my question:

can someone explain that in a way that makes sense? perhaps with less alliteration?

I'm going to take a stab at this. I think he means that if there are 15 questions that haven't been answered, we should govern ourselves by not asking any more questions until those 15 get answered. Just a sort of guarantee that everybody is satisfied.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #6 on: 07 Mar 2009, 02:26 »

A preface: I play the board game Arkham Horror (pic of a relatively modest game instance) and there is a rather excellent set of tools that one can use to make their own game assets.

Here is my question - When making my own Cthulu-esque Great Old Ones I would often draw upon the art of a particular painter for inspiration. I used to have a ton of this guy's stuff, but when my last computer ate shit it took all my assets with it. For the life of me I can't remember the name of that painter. I can describe one of his best known works (had I access to the work I'd probably already know his name) It appears to be a portrait of a skeletal type of figure, hands clasped in front of it, apparently playing an oboe or other such instrument. What is remarkable about the piece is that it appears that the figure's hands seem to have dozens upon dozens of knuckles, extending all the way down the flute. The painting is done in blacks and greys. Very horror-gothic.

If anybody could throw this guy's name at me I would really appreciate it.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #7 on: 07 Mar 2009, 06:39 »

That sounds like H.R. Giger, but I did a quick search of his work and didn't find anything with a flute in it.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #8 on: 07 Mar 2009, 10:26 »

Does anyone ride mountain bikes?  If so what is a good bike for a beginner for under $1k US.

Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #9 on: 07 Mar 2009, 11:07 »

I think you found it.

this guy's first name Zdzislaw is so old school polish its great.

Here is the gallery from the first link found in the first link.

http://www.gnosis.art.pl/iluminatornia/sztuka_o_inspiracji/zdzislaw_beksinski/zdzislaw_beksinski.htm
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #10 on: 07 Mar 2009, 11:37 »

That's the guy. Danke sam y nobo.

Does anyone ride mountain bikes?  If so what is a good bike for a beginner for under $1k US.
Maybe it's because I live in Colorado / a college town in Colorado, but there are all sorts of bike shops around here that sell used bikes. If there's one of those out there I would see what you can dig up.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

orangepeas

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #11 on: 07 Mar 2009, 21:13 »

I would try looking at a bike store for last year's model. I ended up getting a Fuji mountain bike, it rides like a dream.

lyra

• Plantmonster
  • magically delicious
« Reply #12 on: 08 Mar 2009, 21:40 »

I have a trek 3700 from a couple years ago. It's more of an entry model in their series--if I had the money I'd get one with disc brakes.
()

ducks!!!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #13 on: 08 Mar 2009, 21:47 »

Consider an observer with world-line r=r0 > 2m, theta=theta0, phi=phi0 in the Schwarzschild spacetime. A test particle released from rest by such and observer will have a time-like geodesic with theta=theta0, phi=phi0 (constant) as its world-line. Prove that the test particle is attracted to the source (i.e. that r decreases into the future along its world-line) if and only if the constant m in the metric is positive.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up