THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 19:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will sign up next for the Department of Kicking Your Ass?

Faye
- 34 (22.1%)
Hannelore
- 14 (9.1%)
Vespavenger
- 34 (22.1%)
Pintsize
- 29 (18.8%)
Veronica Vance
- 37 (24%)
Other
- 6 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: 15 Mar 2009, 23:11

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: March 9-13, 2009  (Read 35479 times)

Angafirith

• Not quite a lurker
Re: WCT: March 9-13, 2009
« Reply #150 on: 13 Mar 2009, 20:58 »

He didn't plan nor want to be honest. I wonder how Faye will react when she finds out the truth.

Ok, some jumping up and down here.  Your comment hit me sideways. :-o

What truth?  Who in their right mind WANTS to tell someone else they did something awful and acted like an ass?  As for planning, who plans that sort of thing?  You do it or you don't do it. No one had a gun to his head.  Lydia's threats were hardly a major force except to perhaps point out that honesty was the better way.  In fact, that might have been a preferred method of delivering the bad news -- have someone else do it and just slither away until everything blew over.  He wasn't trapped into the confession -- he invited her to his place to tell her.  He accepted the consequences.  What else is he supposed to do?

Seriously, how would Faye react if someone said to her "Well, he didn't WANT to tell you, and he didn't PLAN to tell you, but he still told you face to face."  Probably with a big "And your point is...?"

OK, jumping up and down is over.  Wanna cookie?  :wink:

I think we somewhat agree, but I will elaborate in order to clarify my earlier post. I was trying to get something out there before going to work, after all.

First, as for whether it'd be better or worse for Lydia to have broken the news instead: I'm thinking worse. See, we can see from this comic (#1359) that Faye does seem somewhat consoled by the way he did things. She's saying, "well, at least he was honest". It shows that it's important to her.

Lydia's bound to show up at some point and rant about how Sven has been treating her ever since this incident. Again, soap opera comic. I doubt something like that will just hang around forever. Faye's perception of his actions will change. I think she'll be disappointed and/or pissed off.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #151 on: 13 Mar 2009, 23:05 »

That'd be fairly low of Lydia to do that. I mean, she might grouch to her friends, but I don't see how the CoD crew, which, not counting Faye, she barely knows, qualifies as people to bitch to (rememeber, she's only gone to CoD when Sven sent her, telling me it's not a local joint for her). The only thing she can hope to accomplish is to make even more trouble for Sven, making him even angrier, and make Faye feel worse, which more or less nullifies what Lyds was trying to accomplish in the first place. I don't think there's any possible benefit beyond that.

Hopefully, Lydia is mature enough to understand that if you give out advice, you can expect some blame if it's followed, however unfair that might seem. That's why it's best to stifle the urge unless it's really, really important to you.
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2009, 23:08 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Noff

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #152 on: 14 Mar 2009, 10:45 »

Goddamn I could go for a fresh ferret muffin about now

Mallli_kite

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #153 on: 14 Mar 2009, 16:07 »

I think we somewhat agree, but I will elaborate in order to clarify my earlier post. I was trying to get something out there before going to work, after all.

First, as for whether it'd be better or worse for Lydia to have broken the news instead: I'm thinking worse. See, we can see from this comic (#1359) that Faye does seem somewhat consoled by the way he did things. She's saying, "well, at least he was honest". It shows that it's important to her.

Lydia's bound to show up at some point and rant about how Sven has been treating her ever since this incident. Again, soap opera comic. I doubt something like that will just hang around forever. Faye's perception of his actions will change. I think she'll be disappointed and/or pissed off.

Well, so far Sven has glared at Lydia, which, all things considered, isn't really the same as throwing things at her, so that's not really being treated all that bad.  He's upset.  Dirty looks are expected.  She might have spent all of 5 minutes in his presence.  Not a lot about which to complain, really. 

That'd be fairly low of Lydia to do that. I mean, she might grouch to her friends, but I don't see how the CoD crew, which, not counting Faye, she barely knows, qualifies as people to bitch to (rememeber, she's only gone to CoD when Sven sent her, telling me it's not a local joint for her). The only thing she can hope to accomplish is to make even more trouble for Sven, making him even angrier, and make Faye feel worse, which more or less nullifies what Lyds was trying to accomplish in the first place. I don't think there's any possible benefit beyond that.

Hopefully, Lydia is mature enough to understand that if you give out advice, you can expect some blame if it's followed, however unfair that might seem. That's why it's best to stifle the urge unless it's really, really important to you.

Raoullefere puts it quite well -- there's nothing for Lydia to gain by saying anything, and CoD isn't her crowd.  Besides, Sven went about 24 hours from committing stupid act to confessing stupid act, and while Lydia might have made a threat (which I thought, really, was juvenile of her -- it's not her business to be the morality police), she might really be more impressed Sven actually listened to her rather than pissed he's upset about it.

Ya know, though, if she DID go in and say something like "Sven has been a major pain in the ass since he told Faye about Gina Riversmith and he's taking it out on me." it could have a completely different effect on Faye.  It would indicate that she mattered to him somehow, just as you point out Sven obviously mattered to Faye more than she intended.

Still, I don't think Lydia would have a reason to do it -- it would, for certain, end her internship, Faye is not likely to thank her for it because it would only serve to hurt Faye more, and some might even be suspicious of her motives in the first place.  I mean, seriously, the kind of spin Lydia would have to put on it would not reflect well on her, either -- she'd come across as, at best,  clueless and at worst as a manipulator trying to create drama for her own reasons.    Unless Lydia turns out to be one of those people who spills every thought in her head to whomever she's around (and isn't that Raven's job, or Penny's?) I just don't see it.
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #154 on: 15 Mar 2009, 00:05 »

Yay for Faye!

>.< ouch, that rhymed.

IlGreven

• Emoticontraindication
  • Also, no 4-year-olds on the pee-pee.
    • Grev's Big Journal Thingy
« Reply #155 on: 15 Mar 2009, 02:22 »

Polyamory, Faye.  It's the solution to everything.
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #156 on: 15 Mar 2009, 08:35 »

I thought that was violence.
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up