THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 02:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coachella  (Read 2111 times)

scarred

• Older than Moses
Coachella
« on: 09 Mar 2009, 16:02 »

Since super amazing West Coast musicfests are all the rage now, let's talk Coachella.

http://www.coachella.com/event/lineup

Okay, I'm done talking about Coachella and ready to start killing myself. I never go because I always have to make tough choices between bands I want to see.

Sasquatch is better this year anyway.

/mimblewimble
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

billiumbean

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • "Clamsss... Waa!"
Re: Coachella
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2009, 01:00 »

Never gone, but will some day.  It's the one concert festival I'd sell organs to go to.
Quote from: Alex C
I do agree that this could potentially have some dire ramifications in regards to purple drank.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2009, 07:06 »

Looks pretty decent. I hate festival crowds however, so I"ll wait a while and see all those bands live in venues where I can actually be close to the stage, remain uncrushed by tens of thousands of talking, sweaty people, and not pay $8 for water whilst camping out in the boiling sun.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2009, 07:09 »

That. To the word.

Also, I hate camping.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

billiumbean

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • "Clamsss... Waa!"
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2009, 15:43 »

I wasn't even thinking about the crowds, though I probably should.

I was thinking more about the bands they've featured in the past, namely the Jesus and Mary Chain, Rage Against the Machine, Bjork, Tool, Daft Punk, Sonic Youth, Arctic Monkeys, The Decemberists, The Arcade Fire, Andrew Bird, Kings of Leon, !!!, The Kooks, Infected Mushroom, Silversun Pickups, Vampire Weekend, The Verve, Death Cab for Cutie, Animal Collective, Minus the Bear, Portishead, Prince, of Montreal, and Modest Mouse, to name a few. 

Not to mention the line-up they've got this year.
Quote from: Alex C
I do agree that this could potentially have some dire ramifications in regards to purple drank.

Nuance

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2009, 22:01 »

I've been to five of the last six.  It is truly hot as whatever particular simile you want to use.  But a part from the heat its a great festival.  Its a polo field, so its almost entirely nice comfy grass, its large enough that you don't get too much bleeding of sound from the other stages, but easy to get where ever your going and they get some great lineups.  Seriously though, hot.  If you go for more than one day, be sure to hydrate.  Also, they sell those frozen lemonade things that they always have at amusement parks, and when its 105 degrees they are the greatest combination of sugar and ice ever created.

altered_carbon

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2009, 22:37 »

My friend is going. I wish I was. I would kill children to see a Chemical Brothers DJ set.
Pages: [1]   Go Up