THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sita Sings the Blues - An Animated Indian Parable / Breakup Story  (Read 2026 times)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

The incomparable Ruyi linked this to me not long ago and I have been mesmerised by it - Sita sings the Blues.

Blurb - Sita is a goddess separated from her beloved Lord and husband Rama. Nina is an animator whose husband moves to India, then dumps her by email. Three hilarious shadow puppets narrate both ancient tragedy and modern comedy in this beautifully animated interpretation of the Indian epic Ramayana. Set to the 1920's jazz vocals of Annette Hanshaw, Sita Sings the Blues earns its tagline as "the Greatest Break-Up Story Ever Told."

I have not been this enchanted by a film since I saw Wall-E (actually I think I might like this better) But don't take it from me, take it from Roger Ebert or some shit.

Seriously, watch it. It's fucking great.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor

I read about this on Roger Ebert's site months ago, and really wanted to watch it.  Didn't realize it was available for free online!  I'll check it out sometime over the next couple days, and post impressions.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up