THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCG: Ultimate Gamer  (Read 2097 times)

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
WCG: Ultimate Gamer
« on: 11 Mar 2009, 04:48 »

So this show premiered stateside last night, and I was wondering if anyone caught it. It's on the SciFi channel, and I'm really intrigued to see if it's any good or just a load of crap. I'm hoping for good, 'cause there's a couple of girls I know on the show and I really want to see them kick some ass.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
Re: WCG: Ultimate Gamer
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2009, 09:32 »

It's hard to say what I was expecting, but I found the WCG championships more compelling than this.  The show just didn't grab my attention in the first fifteen mins. I spent watching it.  No one's personality really shined through, and the assertion from one of the competitors that this would blow the roof off the social image of gamers was a bit self-aggrandizing.  I do like that at no point is voting involved in elimination, from what I gathered.  All skill, and in some cases 1-1.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
Re: WCG: Ultimate Gamer
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2009, 15:32 »

I watched the show earlier and I really rather enjoyed it. More than I thought I would, although I think part of that is me laughing at watching them panic at the thought of being given real instruments to play instead of plastic peripherals. Also I don't understand why the guy who came first didn't pick Starslay3r to go up against Prod1gy X to give him a decent fight to stay in the competition before he beat her ass (I don't care if she's the top female GH player in the world, she annoys me. Even before the show, she did).
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC
Pages: [1]   Go Up