Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XXY  (Read 2050 times)

Krina

• Larger than most fish
XXY
« on: 17 Mar 2009, 05:31 »

Has anyone seen this film? I saw it yesterday and was fairly intrigued. It is exactly the sort of film I like!

The film is about 15-year-old Alex, who is sexually both boy and girl. I think they call that hermaphrodite, don#t they? I guess the film could be described as a coming-of-age story. - it's about how the whole family deals with the situation but espeically about how Alex learns to take her life into her own hands and about her first (romantic) relationships.

I'd be thrilled to hear anybody's opinion on this film! We could also discuss "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides which has a similar topic and/or that topic in literature and film in general.

If nobody wants to discuss this, I apoloize!

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
Re: XXY
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2009, 12:40 »

Middlesex (from Old English Middelseaxe) is a place in England, or rather was, until it got swallowed by London.
It's also a university

I did see the film but didn't really care much for it, though. But that's just my point of view. It just seemed like another "I have a problem but I'll deal with it" kinda story
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2009, 12:46 by Siibillam-Law »
There is no sin except stupidity

knives

• Furry furrier
Re: XXY
« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2009, 11:17 »

Middlesex (from Old English Middelseaxe) is a place in England, or rather was, until it got swallowed by London.
It's also a university
It's also a shit hole in Pennsylvania.
Pages: [1]   Go Up