THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 05:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profiling Qc characters  (Read 4247 times)

Neebin

Profiling Qc characters
« on: 19 Mar 2009, 20:27 »

It seems everyone is posting something about who and why they don't like with Qc Characters.

It made me think about how some seem familliar to me.
In my family, my late grandmother made astrology charts as a side business. My aunt and even my dad dabble in it. How the planitary influences effect people and their disposition as a person. Now you may be a skeptic and think its hogwash. For myself I find it amusing.

I am not limiting anyone to profiling the QC characters to astrological influences, but it would be fun to see what people use to break down the charcters in the QC world.

For me with astrology, I find that Faye seems to be an aquarian. Not good at all the mushy emotional stuff, comes off a bit hard yet she is a loyal friend. Also Aquarius people tend to find friendships most important and this causes them to be afraid to commit in a romantic way sometimes.
Marten along with Dora look like Cancers to me. Both are sensitive and romantics. Dora reacts like some Cancer women I know, with major insecurites one moment and confident the next.

That's about it for now...

Now tell me what makes you think some QC chars are like and why?

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
Re: Profiling Qc characters
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2009, 20:41 »

Profiling is illegal, good sir. The ACLU shall hear about this.

dps

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2009, 23:03 »

Profiling is illegal, good sir. The ACLU shall hear about this.

Profiling isn't illegal, and the ACLU doesn't have a problem with it AFAIK.  Racial profiliing, though, is a different matter.

On the other hand, astrology is bunk.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2009, 01:46 »

Legal, but rare: except for one panel of #1263, all the views of the characters I can remember are either straight on or 3/4 view. You hardly ever see Jeph profile them.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2009, 03:20 »

Hardly rare; I pressed the random button and got 772 which has profiles of both Marten and Penelope.  I think Marten appears in profile more often than other characters, but I haven't attempted to back that up.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

lolwut

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2009, 04:17 »

Now you may be a skeptic and think its hogwash.

damn fucking right

shouldn't twins have similar lives and dispositions?

shouldn't unrelated people born at the same time have similar lives and dispositions?

they don't, ergo astrology is a pile of shit

i mean, not even just the shit in the newspapers, but right proper astrology, such as where someone calculates your birth chart and where the stars were and all that other shit

wait, slowpoked

Neebin

« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2009, 07:30 »

damn fucking right

shouldn't twins have similar lives and dispositions?

shouldn't unrelated people born at the same time have similar lives and dispositions?

they don't, ergo astrology is a pile of shit

i mean, not even just the shit in the newspapers, but right proper astrology, such as where someone calculates your birth chart and where the stars were and all that other shit

wait, slowpoked
Posted on: Today at 05:20:46 AMPosted by: pwhodges 
Which is why I finished by saying I found it amusing...

Its really unessary to add those negative comments about it.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2009, 07:36 by Neebin »

Neebin

« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2009, 07:34 »

Also, I wonder if I used the wrong term to this subject? Racial profiling is not what I meant. I am bilingual so my english gets confused with french and vice versa.

Anyways, I started this topic because i noticed how some people were analyzing the characters based on their likes and dislikes and I though a general topic would be better than why you don't like so and so...

michi-love

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #8 on: 21 Mar 2009, 10:12 »

I don't think that when we were born defines who we are, but at the same time, it is rather eerie when you read the profile of your zodiac (either sun sign or Chinese) and it aligns so well with your personality.

I haven't really studied this very much, but at first glance, I'd have to say that Sven seems a bit like a Gemini - can't keep his mind (or other parts of his anatomy, in his case) on just one thing or project, charming, a good communicator. Etc.

lolwut

« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2009, 10:12 »

I don't think that when we were born defines who we are, but at the same time, it is rather eerie when you read the profile of your zodiac (either sun sign or Chinese) and it aligns so well with your personality.

no, not really, considering how vague it [astrology] is.

if it were ever specific, then yes, it would be fucking eerie, but it's all so... non-specific that it could reasonably apply to a very large segment of the population and get enough hits that the misses are overlooked

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #10 on: 22 Mar 2009, 22:52 »

it is rather eerie when you read the profile of your zodiac (either sun sign or Chinese) and it aligns so well with your personality.
Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. You pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept others' opinions without satisfactory proof. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety, and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. Disciplined and controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Lost Coastlines

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #11 on: 22 Mar 2009, 23:27 »

If you throw enough darts you're bound to hit a bullseye.  I'm a Sagittarius, let's see what it has to say about me.

"Spirit moving beyond the realm of the individual into the world at large; becoming a member of a wider society; experiences that lead to consciousness expansion, being receptive to new points of view, wisdom, enlightenment; using your talents for the benefit of the greater whole.

Freedom loving, idealist, unfettered by "small thinking"; inspiration; religion, philosophy, the law; awareness of your connections to the rest of the world; can be distant from others, afraid to give up freedom, reluctant to be tied down; on the other hand, aware of the value of the social contract; enthusiastic, gregarious, generous; loves abstract, theoretical ideas, sees the big picture, ignores the details; in love with an ideal; foreign travel, liberating experiences. "

First sentence: WTF?  Second sentence: well this applies to everyone except the most serious recluses.  Third: WTF?  Fourth: everybody likes to think they are but they usually aren't, but will agree when told they are.  Fifth: again, people like to think they have talents and that they help people, but rarely are both true.  We like to be told that, though.

The next paragraph shows all the usual astrology tools.  It throws out a lot of qualities so at least a few will seem "spot on."  It uses flattery.  "reluctant to be tied down; on the other hand, aware of the value of the social contract."   There it throws out two opposing qualities.  Everyone feels one sometimes and the other sometimes, so it fits every reader.

I read descriptions for other signs and they "fit" just as well.

Additionally, most people aren't even the sign that they think they are since the vernal equinox has shifted in the last few thousand years.  Oddly I am still a Sag, though I went from the very end to the very beginning.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2009, 00:54 »

There's at least one "profile" that over 80% of people will think is a unique and accurate description of themselves.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

unfringed

« Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2009, 07:47 »

I was born Gemini, almost on the "cusp" of Cancer...but both of those personality descriptions are soo far off.

I had a friend that was into mysticism and astrology and even though I've talked to a number of "psychics" and zodiac tests like that for fun I still haven't met one that can really put me into an accurate profile.

They stereotype too hard & that's what fucks them in the end.

dps

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #14 on: 24 Mar 2009, 20:18 »

Which is why I finished by saying I found it amusing...

Its really unessary to add those negative comments about it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread, but this is something I feel strongly about.  Astrology--never mind, I'll just let it go without further comment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up