THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Oct 2024, 22:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas Powered Games and Stardock does fun thing. DotA rip, hilarity ensues.  (Read 5025 times)

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.

This.

Pluses include interesting character backstory. Memories of playing DotA include nothing but remembering hotkeys and spamming stuns or some shit like that. Although knowing these sorts of games, the walking humanoid castle on the game cover is probably as interesting as it's going to get.

Minuses - I was going to put up a wall of words but seriously, a DotA derivative? The mod in itself got so damn tiring. That and beta testers are slugging at it anyway.

lolses -
Quote from: Wikipedia
There is no refund as of yet and asking for a refund is bannable offense.
I think that warrants a lol award. As a sidenote, someone smacked that line with a Citation Needed Hammer.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

What the hell are you talking about?  I only know what DotA is because I wiki'd it to find out what you were talking about.

We have a Demigod thread here: http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,20651.0.html

The game looks pretty decent.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

Wait so you're hating on a game that's selling itself by being dota-style because it's styled after dota? Why even start a thread?

I am looking forward to this because I thought dota was a lot of fun. They're taking something unique and building on it. It'll be tough for them to better it but hey, the game type's only been around for a couple of years and I'm sure there's a lot more ground to cover.

(est, to be fair that thread was pretty old)
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

ackblom12

I've been in the beta for a few months now and the game is shaping up to be pretty great. To me at least it beats DotA out of the water for sheer accessibility reasons and for the fact they got rid of the whole recipe slant. Fuck that sheeeeeeet.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

ackblom12

Quote from: Wikipedia
There is no refund as of yet and asking for a refund is bannable offense.
I think that warrants a lol award. As a sidenote, someone smacked that line with a Citation Needed Hammer.

To be fair, this has always been Stardock's policy involving pre-orders that include a beta program.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.

Apologies yall for being a little ignorant of facts here and there.

It's good that they get rid of recipes. I mean, I remember half of DotA being recipes. DotA was fun for me for a while, but then it started getting repetitive, that's all. And no, I'm not hating on DotA. I just don't find the original inspiration for Demigod as fulfilling anymore. And I started the thread so I could gauge reaction and figure out people's stances. Cause that's what people do on forums sometimes.

When I hear bannable offense, I'm thinking being prohibited from saying stuff on feedback. It just sounds a little more extreme than just saying "no you don't get one fool", that's all.

lolwut

esa harry teh dun tun, spillali teh dota, pusha pura spreeta, de bush ka leta skeeta

(let's get it on...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up