THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: And what would be your super powers?  (Read 10995 times)

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
Re: And what would be your super powers?
« Reply #50 on: 28 Mar 2009, 13:04 »

Most defensive or even trasportation powers could be used as an offensive

Indeed.  Like, my top choice for for both offensive and defensive power would also be mind control; offensive in the sense that I can make people do shit, and defensive in the sense that I can stop them.  Meanwhile, what about powers that aren't exactly either offense or defense?  I would actually wish for telepathy, which means reading minds in addition to controlling them.  Reading minds could be used in devastatingly subtle ways, and I would be all about total discretion.

For a transportation power I guess I would choose teleportation, but really I find this category kinda lame since there are really only about three superpowers that'd fall under the category of "transportation": teleportation, flying, or running super fast.  I think the real challenge would be thinking of a way to twist your transportation superpower so that it fits your character's theme.  Like how jimmy put a shadowy twist on teleportation to fit his theme.  In my case, because of my whole mind control thing, I could explain the teleportation as a side-effect of the subjective nature of reality, where if I make everyone think that I'm a hundred miles away, then I actually am a hundred miles away.

Come to think of it, that could be a really cool limitation on my teleportation: I can only teleport to a spot where someone else is already present, because my teleportation is dependent on messing with their head.

EDIT: Actually y'know what, if I could affect consensus reality like that, what's to stop me just changing reality in any way imaginable whenever I felt like it?  Too powerful, I just wouldn't have any transportation ability, unless you count mind controlling people into opening locked doors for me.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2009, 13:49 by jhocking »

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #51 on: 29 Mar 2009, 00:24 »

Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #52 on: 29 Mar 2009, 00:56 »

Transport: how about the power of flight, that do anything for you? That's levitation, homes.
Offence: how about the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away, with mind bullets? That's telekinesis, Kyle.
Defence: how about the power to move you?

Ahem.
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #53 on: 30 Mar 2009, 10:53 »

Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #54 on: 30 Mar 2009, 17:02 »

How redundant.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Harun

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #55 on: 05 Apr 2009, 08:22 »

Infinite VO2 max.  I would be the best cyclist in the world, although I'd probably be banned by the UCI once they find out I have an unfair advantage. :lol: :x

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #56 on: 05 Apr 2009, 13:31 »

Hm. I think I'd actually be the opposite of the whole anti-hero thing. I'm much more the type to get all preachy and "We must not use our powers for our own gains". Of course I would have tons of secret dark vices that would come out in the end.

Offense: Your basic strength/martial arts. No real superpower here, but able to lay some waste in a fight.

Defense: My real power, persuasion. Given the opportunity, I'd be able to sway anyone's beliefs through my words. It's not overpowered, because those with strong convictions/wills are much less susceptible to my power and can take long periods of time to break/convince.

Transportation: Organization. I'd have a large supporting bureaucracy. Cars, planes, helicopters, whatever is needed, it can be arranged at a moment's notice. I'm thinking operating out of some kind of orbital satellite JLA-style.

Oh, and as a title, Silvertongue of course. Though I'd be the pushy one who insisted everyone call me "leader" or something.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #57 on: 07 Apr 2009, 16:15 »

pretty much invincible
But if you were a good guy in a story, you somehow would conveniently forget you had these powers in order to fight the bad guys.
Like Superman. He still has to struggle even though he shouldn't have to.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #58 on: 08 Apr 2009, 01:51 »

I'd have biokinesis.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #59 on: 08 Apr 2009, 02:50 »

I would have an incredible and otherworldly ability to make people accept my cheques when that is the method I wish to pay for goods and/or services with.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #60 on: 08 Apr 2009, 11:48 »

I also wouldn't mind having invisibility powers. I totally wouldn't obey the "With great power comes great responsibility." rule. Could I save the world AND go around sharking girls?
Hate, rain on me

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #61 on: 10 Apr 2009, 10:29 »

That broli fan knows where it's at. I can't see me wanting anything but Goku's powers. The ability to fly, teleport, and throw giant energy balls (along with the ability to have arbitrary increases in power).. what's not to love? Hopefully my getting of superpowers would coincide with a bunch of bad ass dudes to fight against, that'd be sweet.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #62 on: 18 Apr 2009, 01:17 »

Offense: Angry yelling!

Defense: ANGRY YELLING!!

Transportation: ANGRY FUCKING YELLING!!!!

Name: ANGRY YELLING DUDE!! or Metal man
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #63 on: 18 Apr 2009, 03:59 »

Could I save the world AND go around sharking girls?

You could wander around getting hit by cars.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up