THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 18:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Requests Ahoy'  (Read 2461 times)

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
Requests Ahoy'
« on: 11 Apr 2009, 13:29 »

Before you make assumptions on this thread and begin breaking shit within the perimeter of your room, I'd like to ask everyone to read the rules to this thread. You are free to debate the concept in an orderly manner, but hear me out.

This thread will focus on the requests for specific bands/albums with circumstance the same as our mediafire thread. The clear difference between a lot of spam and actual process I'm asking for is different, here's how:

1. You're limited to one request per every two days.

2. If the request is not filled out within a week, I'll delete it off of my list of demand.

3. You'll have to be very specific on the album, offering the band's website or myspace page is optional.

4. You can re-request a piece, but it can't be the week following the denial of your appeal.

5. Be polite in asking, do not feel like everyone's obligated to find your album.

6. You must have at least twenty(20) posts on this board to make a request ( This is to keep lurkers from making requests without a contribution).

This template can be modified.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
Re: Requests Ahoy'
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2009, 13:29 »

THE LIST.

I'll be using this to stay up to date with requests, putting down an individual's name, the request itself, and the date of the transaction.

To be edited.
« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2009, 13:31 by Avec »

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2009, 13:41 »

I think you have completely missed the point of having the rules against requests in the first place.

There is enough of the internet for this already.  Why start a second thread here?

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2009, 13:43 »

Oh so this is basically Soulseek.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2009, 13:44 »

This thread will not happen.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2009, 13:44 »

« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2009, 13:46 by E. Spaceman »

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2009, 13:58 »

Okay it's probably kind of a dickish thing to do after the lock BUT there are really three things to mention with regard to this thread.

1) "Eau de Legitimacy":

With the current thread, we have a lot of sharing of music going on, but it's going on under the guise of "here's cool music you might not have heard" and it's basically a process of discovery. It's a matter of understanding your tastes and taking risks. It's not exactly the most perfect thread (and I don't even like it that much to be quite frank) but it's at the very least an interesting method of expanding tastes and musical horizons. You can discover an awful lot by just going into that thread and getting your click on. This is way less legitimate because it effectively is a process of going after stuff you know exists, so it doesn't have the pretense of discovering new things that you'd maybe be interested in buying later. This leads into my second point,

2) This Ain't Your Daddy's KaZaA:

We haven't tweaked SimpleMachines to let you just fire through the extant thread because we'd basically just be a filesharing browser that way. I don't have any problem with filesharing personally because I know a lot of bands get heard through filesharing and in fact I kind of want my own band to get heard through filesharing. That being said, filesharing has the propensity for getting people to get music for free without ever paying for it in any way because you already had it. Never mind that it's a legal mindfield, it's kind of morally dubious too, and we don't really want to advocate that here.

3) Sorry! We're the Fun Police:

If you have a problem with this decision feel free to send us a PM but in the indeterminate future there aren't going to be any threads like this because we don't want to get any trouble and we don't want this forum to become really lazy. If you really want an album, I know this might not be what you're looking for but can I recommend a brick and mortar shop or possibly iTunes?
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo
Pages: [1]   Go Up