THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 01:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Top Albums of 2009: Part I  (Read 187082 times)

Akeboshi

• Plantmonster
Top Albums of 2009: Part I
« on: 16 Apr 2009, 10:56 »

Alright gals/guys I really liked the Top Albums of 2008 thread we had from like July - December of last year.  What I want here is for people to post a top ten list, or however many you can muster (it is only a few months into 2009 afterall), and some things you're looking forward to.  Then towards the end of the year, we can make another thread and see what has moved up/been bumped off our lists. 

I want this to be a, "Hey maybe I should try some of these albums out" thread.  Not a, "HURR MY TASTE IS BETTER!" thread.

READY GO!

1.  Oren Lavie - "The Opposite Side of the Sea"
I don't think anything will top this album this year, IMHO.  For me it has everything.  Brilliant lyrics, haunting and thought-provoking.  Extraordinary music demonstrated    through vibrant string accompaniment and chilling use of interwoven minor key tonality.  Awesome vocalist with intelligent things to say.  Truly the beginning of a great artist.  CHECK IT OUT.
     2.  The Decemberists - "The Hazards of Love"
Duh, you either like these guys by now or you were turned off when you first heard "Leslie Anne Levine".
     3.  K'naan - "Troubaour"
A quite fantastic young Nigerian rapper who raps about Somalia and his upbringing.  His song "Wavin' Flag" might have you in tears by the end, and if it doesn't then go and listen to NPR's recording of this song from SXSW.  The extra acapella verses WILL make you cry.
     4.  Umphrey's McGee - "Mantis"
Somewhat prog rock, somewhat electronica, somewhat jam-band.  A hell of a lot of fun if you're a fan of metal; nothing really heavy, but quite enjoyable.

Lookin' forward to...
Iron & Wine - "Around the Well"
Dream Theater - "Black Clouds & Silver Linings"
Barenaked Ladies - ??  (I miss you already Steven Page!)
Cake - ?? Whenever John McCrae decides to quit being his lazy, whiny ass......ok, so probably 2010

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Re: Top Albums of 2009: Part I
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2009, 11:27 »

so far the only 2009 albums that i've heard (that i'm aware of) are Black Moth Super Rainbow's new one Eating Us and A Hawk and a Hacksaw's Delivrance (not a typo).

both are excellent but i'm little disappointed in Delivrance; it's not as accordion-centric as their older work which is what attracted me to them in the first place. Eating Us, however, is fucking fantastic. it seemed a little lackluster at first but that's just the first two tracks or so, it gets much better as it plays and some of the best tracks are at the end.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2009, 11:35 »

So far of the new albums I've heard this year The Crying Light and Fever Ray stick out the most, although that album by Sholi was pretty good too. I like Actor, the new St. Vincent but I'm not sure if it's best of 2009 material, or at least I haven't had enough time for it to grow on me that way.  Same with The Dirty Projectors' Bitte Orca. I liked the s/t by The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, but I don't know if it really has much staying power. It's fun and it's nice but I can't really conjure any of the song names to mind without help.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2009, 11:43 »

that album by Sholi was pretty good too.

This. I saw them last Saturday and they were on fire.

I don't think I've heard anything else released this year.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2009, 11:46 »

this:

Black Moth Super Rainbow's new one Eating Us

Mono - Hymn to the Eternal Wind is also mind blowingly good.

And the new Dan Deacon Bromst is pretty good as well.

As an aside, the Lonely Island's cd has provided with some time spent amused.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2009, 11:54 »

Looks like I'm gonna have to check out these Sholi dicks.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2009, 11:59 »

So far this year i have heard quite a few new albums and am looking forward to others. I didn't expect it to be such a bumper year but it has turned out for the best.

Notable albums so far:
1. The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
2. The Thermals - Now We Can See
3. The Whitest Boy Alive - Rules (Another Erlend Øye group)
4. Dananananaykroyd - Hey Everyone
5. Röyksopp - Junior

Albums i am looking forward to:
Iron & Wine - Around The Well
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest (Already heard and very good but technically not yet released)
Steve Earle - Townes
A Hawk And A Hacksaw - Delivrance
Brand New (Whenever Jesse gets himself back with the band and finishes recording the new album)
Kevin DeVine - Brother's Blood

Albums that let me down:
           Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career
Very mediocre effort in my opinion from a usually reliable band.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2009, 12:52 by the_pied_piper »
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #7 on: 16 Apr 2009, 12:14 »

I don't want to make a solid list so I'll just post albums I've liked so far.

The Thermals - Now We Can See

The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - S/T

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz

Andrew Bird - Noble Beast

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #8 on: 16 Apr 2009, 12:45 »

Albums I've enjoyed so far (not in order):
The Alps - A Path Through the Sun
The Alps - A Path Through the Moon
The above are two cd-rs released by Root Strata and are culled from the same recording session that produced 'III'. They're gorgeous, hazy albums with heavy kraut-rock influence. Very cool stuff.

MONO - Hymn to the Immortal Wind
The best album I've heard this year. It's breathtaking. An immense, epic, soaring piece of work. Can't recommend it enough.

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Vs. Children
A great album about bank robbers. Oh, and also sometimes about parents and being a parent and being afraid of being a parent. Owen finally has a band working with him now and the extra instrumentation, while certainly fairly minimal, add a lot of depth to these poignant little songs.

Tarentel - You Can't Hide Your Love Forever Volume 3: Space Junk
A 7" with two tracks, both awesome. Tribal drumming, billowing waves of distortion, screeching, careening noise. Basically standard Tarentel at this point (which means it's great!)

Hildur Gudnadottir - Without Sinking
A beautiful album from avant-garde cellist Hildur Gudnadottir. A sad yet luminous album, Gudnadottir is joined by various other musicians contributing violin, viola, acoustic guitar and more to her droning, looping, mournful cello.

Seaworthy - 1897
A series of ambient guitar pieces mixed, matched, paired and complemented with field recordings taken in and around an old ammunition depot. Seaworthy is like a less distorted version of Eluvium (sort of) in that he uses primarily a guitar and some simple looping techniques to produce complex and wonderful songs.

Dead Letters Spell Out Dead Words - Lost in Reflection
A haunting, droning piece of ambient brilliance. Minimal and dreamy and dark. Very cool stuff!

If These Trees Could Talk - Above the Earth, Below the Sky
These guys are one of the best new post-rock bands out there. This is their first full length and it's surprisingly mature and compelling. It's what you might expect from a very good post-rock band with heavy, epic, quiet-loud dynamics but they do have a recognizable sound. Probably better than the latest This Will Destroy You album and a very good holdover until the next Explosions in the Sky albums finds its way out.

Last Days - The Safety of the North
A conflation of story and music, this amazing album has bits of vocals, dialog and narrative throughout. It's a beautiful album, another very quiet, often ambient, restrained piece of work. Simple, elegant guitar manipulations, field recordings, electoacoustics and more make this a really gorgeous listen.

Looking forward to new albums by:
Eluvium
Do Make Say Think
Sunset Rubdown
Iron and Wine
Grizzly Bear
Isis
Arcade Fire (maybe??)
65daysofstatic
Tarentel/Seaworthy split (and anything else Tarentel cares to release)

Things that have let me down a bit:
Tim Hecker - In an Imaginary Country
This one didn't do much for me. I love Hecker but I felt not connection with this album. Maybe I should revisit it...

The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
This was a very mediocre album. I dunno, I found myself a bit disinterested with it almost all the way through. Yes, there are some cool songs but the whole 'rock opera' concept kinda failed and resulted, mostly, in unnecessary and often irritating refrains from older songs more than anything else. I was let down by this.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!
What the fuck happened? This is an absolutely boring album at best. None of the angry energy of their earlier work, the band seems content here to make dismally bland synth pop in what seems to be a sad attempt to jump on the popular bandwagon. Quite sad indeed!
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #9 on: 16 Apr 2009, 13:04 »

I really love that Royksopp album that jeph was going on about.

I also want to see whatever Los Campesinos is gonna come up with next.

Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
    • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #10 on: 16 Apr 2009, 14:05 »

my favourites so far this year, (in alphabetical order, as i can't be arsed ranking them) are:

...and you will know us by the trail of dead - "the century of self"
architects - "hollow crown"
the arteries - "blood, sweat and beers" (technically a compilation but whatever...)
brides - "ocular.unveil"
chris wollard and the ship thieves - "chris wollard and the ship thieves"
in the red - "volume 2"
kylesa - "static tensions"
lamb of god - "wrath"
obits - "i blame you"
propagandhi - "supporting caste"
stereotyperider - "songs in the keys of f and u"
strung out - "prototypes and painkillers" (another compilation...)
therapy? - "crooked timber"
thursday - "common existance"

i'm also looking forward to (either because they're yet to be released or i haven't got round to hearing them yet...)

isis - "wavering radiant"
riverboat gamblers - "underneath the owl"
new strung out studio album
new nofx album
new fugazi album (hey, a man can dream!)

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #11 on: 16 Apr 2009, 14:08 »

new fugazi album (hey, a man can dream!)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah c'mon if this doesn't actually happen I will mutilate your body and do other bad things to it.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #12 on: 16 Apr 2009, 14:32 »

If These Trees Could Talk - Above the Earth, Below the Sky
These guys are one of the best new post-rock bands out there. This is their first full length and it's surprisingly mature and compelling. It's what you might expect from a very good post-rock band with heavy, epic, quiet-loud dynamics but they do have a recognizable sound. Probably better than the latest This Will Destroy You album and a very good holdover until the next Explosions in the Sky albums finds its way out.

It has never occurred to me to compare If These Trees Could Talk and This Will Destroy You. They are both great bands, but I like them for entirely different reasons. I like ITTCT for their densely packed no-bullshit approach. These dudes just seem to be more focused on bringin' on the rock action. On the other hand, I listen to TWDY for their more expansive compositions. The songs don't seem like they are in a rush to get anywhere, but at the same time they don't lack direction; you can tell where they are going and when they arrive. Their songs also seem to have a certain melancholic aspect to them that I quite enjoy as well.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #13 on: 16 Apr 2009, 14:46 »

Oh, they definitely have different approaches to making music. I guess I made the comparison b/c TWDY is like The Next Big Thing in post-rock and IFTCT are getting more recognition now with this release and I feel like they're good enough to warrant more attention.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #14 on: 16 Apr 2009, 14:50 »

Good albums so far:

Kreator - Hordes of Chaos

???

Looking forward to

Atheist
Porcupine Tree
The Flaming Lips
Heaven & Hell (leaked though already)
Agalloch
Gavin Harrison & O5ric
Karl Sanders
Obituary
Pestilence
Slayer
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2009, 14:59 by Be My Head »

Candle

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #15 on: 16 Apr 2009, 15:02 »

2009 isn't over, but i'm going to go ahead and give grizzly bear's veckatimest, swan lake's enemy mine and cymbals eat guitars' why there are mountains reserved spots.

don't know which rankings yet, i'll have to see by the end of the year, but i just can't see 8+ albums i like more than these coming out in the next 8 months.

Kyros

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #16 on: 16 Apr 2009, 15:18 »

The Thermals - Now We Can See and Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca are most definitely my #1-#2 punch right now.

Other notably awesome releases: Wavves - Wavvves, Woods - Songs of Shame, Matt & Kim - Grand, The Phantom Band - Checkmate Savage, Dan Deacon - Bromst, and The Felice Brothers - Yonder is the Clock

Big Happy Captain

• Plantmonster
« Reply #17 on: 16 Apr 2009, 15:43 »

my friend Gwilym Charles released his debut on itunes and such the beginning of this year. might be biased but its actually been one of the better releases of the year so far.

Bucketheads album is a lot of fun, but a little too formulaic for him. Scrambles by BTMI! is really good, a lot more diverse than his other stuff. Atomic Skunk, and Asobi Seksu were great as well.

best so far id say is the new Black Moth Super Rianbow album. only just got it but im loving ever minute of it.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #18 on: 16 Apr 2009, 17:19 »

Fuck I have not listened to much music from this year yet. I still need to spin the new Isis and the new If These Trees Could Talk. Their last album was absolutely wonderful. All I know about music this year is the new Mono album was pretty good and the Age Sixteen "full length" was pretty excellent as well.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Harun

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #19 on: 16 Apr 2009, 19:14 »

Karl Sanders

Saurian Exorcisms is already, uhm...   'available.'

'tis amazing. 'twil be up in mf!re shortly.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #20 on: 16 Apr 2009, 20:48 »

I've been getting so dang lazy at keeping up with new releases for the past six to eight months... I don't really mind.

But this year I really really love The Thermals, Metric, Andrew Bird, Peter Bjorn and John, and Malajube.

and Johnny C's band! No really I have listened to that thing too much it is so addictive
it's time to stop posting

Tehz

• The German Chancellory building
  • and the driving snow that drives me home
« Reply #21 on: 16 Apr 2009, 22:27 »

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart self-titled is the only 2009 album I've bought thus far. I really need to get on the ball. I absolutely love POBPAH though.

I'm really looking forward to Farm by Dinosaur Jr., Around the Well by Iron and Wine, and The Eternal by Sonic Youth. Hell yes.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #22 on: 16 Apr 2009, 22:30 »

Scarred's 2009 Faptastic Elite:

Doves - Kingdom of Rust
The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - S/T
Starfucker - Jupiter
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
...And You will know Us by the Trail of Dead - The Century of Self
Marissa Nadler - Little Hells
The Boy Least Likely To - The Law of the Playground

Upcoming Faptastic Anticipations:

Patrick Wolf - The Bachelor
Laura Veirs - July Flame

Honorable Mentions:

Metric - Fantasies
Telekinesis! - Telekinesis!
Silversun Pickups - Swoon
PJ Harvey - A Woman A Man Walked By
Oceans - Nothing Collapses
Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #23 on: 16 Apr 2009, 23:24 »

So far it's really only been Sholi and Animal Collective who've actually got me real excited. There's been a fair number of good albums this year but none of them great - Andrew Bird, Carl Newman, Julie Doiron (her new one is pretty much like something from her old band, Eric's Trip), Decemberists, Wavves (I swear this actually came out last year) - and whole lotr of other one's that I've been told to give a rat's about but I just cbf to.

I'm pretty excited for new Arcade Fire, Blonde Redhead (no, really), Sunset Rubdown and hopefully, 'cause these guys are loathe to announce their recording plans, Frog Eyes.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #24 on: 17 Apr 2009, 03:29 »

Stealing Peter Bjorn And John and adding it to my list. I almost forgot Living Thing came out in '09.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #25 on: 17 Apr 2009, 03:53 »

PB&J, imo, succumbed to the current major trend in pop music of over reliance on drum machines to show unrest, paranoia and uncertainty. Which, quite frankly, is rather trite and unimaginative now. Some of the singles were decent pop songs though.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #26 on: 17 Apr 2009, 05:16 »

Noble Beast is great, it's not Armchair, but it's fantastic.

It's Blitz is also amazing. (Psst, a band doesn't have to remake the same album over and over to keep sounding good)

I'm now very excited in knowing a Laura Veirs albums is coming out this year. Woo thread.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #27 on: 17 Apr 2009, 07:57 »

Man, way too early for me to even begin to form an opinion here. I feel like a person can only really start saying this sort of thing with any true sincerity after the middle of the year.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Daft pun

• Curry sauce
  • hugs not ughs
« Reply #28 on: 17 Apr 2009, 09:51 »

Been listening to these albums quite a lot:

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
The Thermals - Now we can see
Doves - Kingdom of rust
The pains of being pure at heart - s/t
Fever Ray - s/t
All this won't do you any good; you cannot return to the moon!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #29 on: 17 Apr 2009, 11:16 »

oh man so i downloaded 65daysofstatic's new one Escape From New York almost a week ago and totally forgot to listen to it until this morning.

it's good
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #30 on: 17 Apr 2009, 13:25 »

The album I'm actually looking forward to the most at this point: The debut Riceboy Sleeps album. RS is Jonsi from Sigur Ros and his boyfriend Alex Somers along with string quartet Amiina (playing on the album, not technically part of the core band which I suppose is just the duo). Anyway two tracks have been released and they're brilliant and really wonderful. I can really see this making my top 5 at the end of the year (call me premature but I have a really good feeling about this one). Watch yourself new Eluvium album, you have competition!

Hollow Press (my blog)

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #31 on: 17 Apr 2009, 19:19 »

Concerning Peter Bjorn and John, whenever I listen to it I end up skipping all the odd numbered tracks and making it into a six-song EP and it's a lot better that way.
it's time to stop posting

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #32 on: 18 Apr 2009, 01:59 »

and Johnny C's band! No really I have listened to that thing too much it is so addictive

scanned thread for this, at least one person has some taste you PLEBS
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #33 on: 18 Apr 2009, 02:00 »

also glad to see everyone is enjoying the new thermals as much as i am

Töys

• Plantmonster
  • PMA - Positive Mental Attitude
« Reply #34 on: 18 Apr 2009, 05:00 »

Do Make Say Think

how do you know they're releasing anything new this year?
Strong man, on the coastline of nursing women

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #35 on: 18 Apr 2009, 07:08 »

I've heard it mentioned a few times in various places (including some semi-reliable (I think) sources). It makes sense. It's been a few years since 'You, You're a History in Rust.' I mean, it hasn't been officially announced so I guess it's largely wishful thinking but I really think it might happen.

EDIT: Scratch that, I forgot that that album came out so recently (2007). I'm probably wrong afterall.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2009, 07:17 by TheFuriousWombat »

Hollow Press (my blog)

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #36 on: 18 Apr 2009, 08:40 »

So far I am liking These Estates' debut and Black Moth Super Rainbow's new one.  Mono is great and all, but they're not really my preferred brand of post-rock.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

sean

• welp
« Reply #37 on: 18 Apr 2009, 09:49 »

I dunno Wombat, I seem to remember seeing stuff about a new Do Make Say Think album this year too.

It could happen! (really they just need to tour again)
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #38 on: 18 Apr 2009, 10:09 »

Yeah, a tour would be terrific. They're one of my favorite bands to see live. Lets hope!

Hollow Press (my blog)

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #39 on: 18 Apr 2009, 12:27 »

EDIT: Scratch that, I forgot that that album came out so recently (2007). I'm probably wrong afterall.

That's not really "recent," it's a two year-old record.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #40 on: 18 Apr 2009, 13:42 »

I guess I was just thinking about the break between their last two records. It took them 4 years to get out 'You, You're a History in Rust.' I suppose all their other albums came out within two years of one another though.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #41 on: 19 Apr 2009, 07:21 »

currently the top 3 are
3. lifted brow volume 4
2. thermals - now we can see
1. mountain goats and john vanderslice - mooncolony blood bath

moon colony blood bath ain't going to be bumped in this half of the year as far as i know everything else i've heard was ho hum really
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #42 on: 19 Apr 2009, 10:06 »

1. mountain goats and john vanderslice - mooncolony blood bath

How did I not know about this? Is it out? And is it available in Australia? I know the Mountain Goats' Kaki King collaboration didn't get released here. I hope I can get my hands on it.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #43 on: 19 Apr 2009, 10:50 »

This isn't for sale yet but I think Beggars Group will have copies online. This was recorded for the Darnielle/Vanderslice tour a little while back and was only sold at the shows. I guess they have left over copies though.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #44 on: 19 Apr 2009, 20:22 »

i think it might end up as a tour only EP similar to come come to the sunset tree

you can either get a copy off ebay for $100 or so or *COUGH* ...what was that (not my link)
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #45 on: 19 Apr 2009, 20:40 »

Eventually that's how it will be but in the meantime I'm pretty positive they're going to be selling some copies at least online. Those'll sell really fast though so it's pretty irrelevant. A year from now it will be racking up triple digits on ebay to be sure.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2009, 06:30 by TheFuriousWombat »

Hollow Press (my blog)

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #46 on: 20 Apr 2009, 04:44 »

Mono's Hymn To The Immortal Wind has already made it into my top ten thus far, and will probably stay in the top spot unless something utterly life changing comes along.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #47 on: 20 Apr 2009, 07:13 »

Aah, so it's not going to be readily available. I guess I'll have to track it down *cough* and wait and see if they bring any goodies with them next time they come through Perth.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

skydivingninja

• Plantmonster
« Reply #48 on: 20 Apr 2009, 12:17 »

Bruce Springsteen-Working on a Dream and Steven Wilson's Insurgentes are really the only releases of 2009 I've heard so far that I enjoyed.  I've heard good things about the new Decemberists, though I haven't heard them before.

Releases I'm looking forward to:
Dream Theater-Black Clouds and Silver Linings
Riverside-Anno Domini High Definition
Porcupine Tree-not-yet-titled
Transatlantic-new one
Mars Volta-Octahedron
Co&Ca are supposed to be coming out with a new one sometime this year, so are Muse

Its going to be a good year, I think.

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #49 on: 20 Apr 2009, 13:45 »

I heard Porcupine Tree are going to pull a Dan Swano and make the entire album one single track.

Oh yeah and....

NEW FLAMING LIPS WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU TROGLODYTES MORE EXCITED??!?!
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2009, 14:21 by Be My Head »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up