THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 17:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The mediafire discussion thread!  (Read 15734 times)

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: The mediaf!re discussion thread!
« Reply #50 on: 08 Mar 2009, 06:03 »

Backtracking a bit, I'm sad that the Cursive upload is missing the final track. I feel like I'm missing something good!

Is it? I've love to hear it.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #51 on: 08 Mar 2009, 08:33 »

Install Videolan VLC media player.  It is fully cross-platform (binaries for 16 platforms and source for 7 more) and handles  on all platforms every codec you are likely to come across; it's also free and open-source. 

I suspect that once installed its codecs are available to other players too, but I'm not sure about that - I have too many other things installed (e.g. Nero, which adds a lot of codecs to Windows) to be able to tell.

I have VLC and Nero myself but i'm still unable to play .m4a in Windows Media Player. If there is a way to share codecs i'd be happy to know because i'm not very good with that kind of thing.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

whatdoiget000

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #52 on: 10 Mar 2009, 17:13 »

well I'm currently listening to the new Dan Deacon album (Bromst) and while I didn't' get it from the thread it was recently posted there. So far I'm enjoying it quite a lot it seems a little less frantic/over the top than Spider-man Of The Rings. It's a bit on the long side perhaps but it doesn't get boring (at least IMO) I'd say if you enjoyed the last one chances are you'd enjoy this one.

I have all kinds of boners for that album. It was like, to quote a commenter on last.fm, being slapped with a glistening neon dick. AND I LOVED IT because I love dick :|

IMO it's not quite as good as Spiderman, if only because it seems to be more atmospheric rather than song centered like that was. Not that it's bad at all- quite the opposite.

altered_carbon

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #53 on: 10 Mar 2009, 18:16 »

That Bikini Kill album that was posted a couple of days back was ironically sexy. Thanks Tank Girl.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #54 on: 12 Mar 2009, 10:12 »

Whoever posted the leaked Metric release is a golden God. I haven't liked a Metric album since Grow Up And Blow Away, but Fantasies is ridiculously farking good.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Ceiling Cat

• Emoticontraindication
  • WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
« Reply #55 on: 14 Mar 2009, 12:58 »

When I first joined the board I DL'd some Nick Drake albums from near the start of the MF thread. Major kudos to whoever uploaded them, I am now a fan   :angel:

Ceiling Cat

• Emoticontraindication
  • WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
« Reply #56 on: 17 Apr 2009, 19:42 »

Sorry for digging up an inactive thread but posting this in the MF thread would be derailing, so:
As fellow pirates, what are you guys' thoughts on the recent Pirate Bay trial? Has it actually deterred anybody from posting on the thread or downloading from it? Does anyone feel the thread is threatened by the verdict? Discuss.  :mrgreen:

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #57 on: 17 Apr 2009, 19:45 »

Screw the RIAA?

Ceiling Cat

• Emoticontraindication
  • WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
« Reply #58 on: 17 Apr 2009, 21:50 »

</Discussion>  :-D