THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your own idiosyncrasies  (Read 10402 times)

Ceiling Cat

• Emoticontraindication
  • WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
Re: Your own idiosyncrasies
« Reply #50 on: 27 Apr 2009, 14:06 »

I have a way of shrugging which my family makes fun of me for  :-( When I'm trying to think of something, I push my lower lip out and raise an eyebrow while stroking my chin. When I write, sometimes I make facial expressions which match the tone of what I'm writing. I do have a rather expressive face, but I only seem to use it when I am in certain moods - otherwise my face looks rather blank. I seem to always be wearing a red dressing gown. When I am relaxing, I sit on my chair either Indian style or with one leg under the other. When I have nothing to do, I instinctively bite my fingers/nails, or lick my fingertips and the back of my hands. I space out a lot but whenever I hear my name in the distance (even if I'm not being addressed) I look around me - except for when someone is actually calling me, of course  :roll: . In school, I constantly fiddle with my watch, changing the tightness of the strap - and I even do this when I'm not wearing it!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #51 on: 27 Apr 2009, 14:25 »

I touch my hair a lot. Especially on the back of my head. When I had long hair, I'd twirl it, but I can't do that anymore. I will slide the battery cover on and off of remotes and phones if I hold them for more than a few seconds. If I have a click pen, I will rapidly click it. I stand with my hands on top of my head sometimes. When I walk and I'm wearing a shirt, jacket, or dress with pockets, I will put my hands in them. If it's just my pants that has pockets, I won't. I don't really get that one. If I stand for too long at work, I'll stand in tree pose and switch back and forth between feet. This is a relatively new thing that I've noticed. I usually opt to eat in a quiet place rather than a noisy/bustling place, but only when I'm eating alone. I have a habit of not looking at people when I'm walking down the street.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #52 on: 27 Apr 2009, 14:36 »

If I am eating with another person, I will almost always cover my mouth with my hand while chewing. I also do almost anything to avoid using my front teeth to bite things, ripping with my hands if it's at all possible/polite, though I think this is thanks to nervousness about my front teeth after the whole kneeing/root canal thing.

I also tug my shirts down over my hips constantly while walking- I wear form-fitting clothing and the hems of shirts always seem to want to rest on my natural waist instead of my hips where I'd very much like them to.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #53 on: 27 Apr 2009, 14:43 »

I jump over puddles.
Also I am told that if I don't have an expresion on myface I look like an eastern European terrorist, hence I try and keep a small smile, or some other small expresion on my face at all times.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #54 on: 27 Apr 2009, 16:53 »

The upside to it is you get an excellent poker face.

Yeap.

\o

Honestly part of the difficulty in learning to have a more expressive face is that I've kinda gotten used to the benefits of not having one. But ultimately I gotta try cos it does suck for making first impressions  :-( might be less of an issue for a guy, idk.

I don't know, I've been called out for looking creepy in class.(by a student, duh)
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #55 on: 28 Apr 2009, 14:04 »

We are uncannily similar habit-wise. Except I used to crack my left wrist a lot, not my feet.

Holy balls, my left wrist is the only joint in my body that does this. I am sure this is not good for it, but it's great for making people flip the fuck out.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #56 on: 28 Apr 2009, 14:54 »

I could only do it really often when i was younger. As I got older I couldn't quite as often and it was painful when I could do it. Now I can't do it at all.

The human body is weird.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #57 on: 28 Apr 2009, 15:41 »

I drum a lot on pretty much everything, with my hands. Myself, tables, notebooks, etc etc etc.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Zingoleb

« Reply #58 on: 28 Apr 2009, 22:18 »

If I  clench my big toes and unclench them over and over and over again they start making this rapid tick-tick-tick-click-tick-click-tick noise.

I'm a fidgeter.

I like making sure lines of pens or pencils are even on at least one side.

I pick at scabs because they're uneven with my skin. :(

I chew my fingernails down to nothing because they're not smooth.

I make noises randomly, I'm not sure why. "Ook! Ech. Wrnnnhhh."

I recite music theory at times to help myself fall asleep.

I avoid stepping on lines in sidewalks. I feel overjoyed when I can step over an entire block.

When walking on tiles, I walk like a  knight moves -  two forward, one to the side. Since my kitchen and bathroom are tiled, it's hell to walk through these rooms.

When roleplaying, I act out the motions I am typing to see if they do seem natural.

I burn my bad poetry and lyrics instead of throwing them out, as I don't even want a homeless person who ends up finding it at the dump to read it.

I duck whenever I walk through a doorway, no matter how tall it is, as I'm used to smashing my head a lot.

I have to order M&M's into colour, and then sort them by how many there are, and eat from the row that has the most and work my way down (keep them even).

I can't help but touch people when I talk to them.

When someone says "Heyyo" I start laughing terribly hard due to a certain Dr. McNinja comic

All I can think of off-hand

Oh, and I draw on my jeans when I get bored. People keep asking me where they can get jeans like mine.  :lol:

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #59 on: 28 Apr 2009, 23:33 »

Apparently when I'm around a girl I like I brush the right side of my hair back while talking. I also do the eyebrow thing that Patrick mentioned (and the guitar pick thing). Aside from those and the usual (cracking knuckles, tapping beats on desks, etc.) I don't really do much.

Oh, and I play air guitar if I'm listening to any song with a guitar in it (I can do it secretly while listening to Okkervil River) even when I'm out in public, some people think it is weird. I think that I totally nailed that solo.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #60 on: 29 Apr 2009, 00:12 »

I have to order M&M's into colour, and then sort them by how many there are, and eat from the row that has the most and work my way down (keep them even).
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Zingoleb

« Reply #61 on: 29 Apr 2009, 00:14 »

I air anything. If an instrument hits me in a song, I will pretend to play it. I air-sing. Air piano. Air guitar, air drum...

Air tambourine, air harmonica, air bass, air flute...

I once gave myself a black eye whilst air guitaring. I told people I got my ass beat in a fight. It was less pathetic.

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Yeah, scarred, that one seems fairly common. It's great.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #62 on: 29 Apr 2009, 00:46 »

Sometimes I end up doing it without even noticing.

Also: I air instrument way too much. Sometimes I try to do multiple instruments at once. There's nothing like trying to riff on an air guitar while pounding away on your air piano, beating the shit out of your air drums, and rollicking through bass chords all while attempting a 5-part vocal harmony.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #63 on: 29 Apr 2009, 08:13 »

Oh, and I play air guitar if I'm listening to any song with a guitar in it (I can do it secretly while listening to Okkervil River) even when I'm out in public, some people think it is weird. I think that I totally nailed that solo.

Somebody asked my roommate if I was her brother, and the next question was "does he have some kind of palsy?" because I was playing some serious air guitar.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up