THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 02:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bass Lines!  (Read 63774 times)

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
Re: Bass Lines!
« Reply #150 on: 14 Sep 2009, 13:39 »

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned in teh previous posts (altho, I was just skimming), but

The Horse by A Wilhelm Scream off their album Career Suicide has a truly bitchin bass line.  It's solo'd during the opening vocals, and then mimicked by the guitars in the middle of the song.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
    • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #151 on: 29 Sep 2009, 03:40 »

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned in teh previous posts (altho, I was just skimming), but

The Horse by A Wilhelm Scream off their album Career Suicide has a truly bitchin bass line.  It's solo'd during the opening vocals, and then mimicked by the guitars in the middle of the song.

i'll second this.  hell, pretty much every song on career suicide has amazing basswork - brian is a fucking machine!  they played a coupla new songs when i saw them last month, and one of them featured a mental bass intro.

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #152 on: 01 Oct 2009, 06:13 »

oh man, I would love to see them live again.  and I'd actually buy a shirt next time (was kinda broke previously :()
I absolutely cannot wait for their new EP and album.  So psyched for new Robinson Bass Lines, he's so awesome (have you heard him from when he was in The Fullblast?  He's not bad there, either)
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up