THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 16:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PAX 2009  (Read 3163 times)

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
PAX 2009
« on: 23 Apr 2009, 16:22 »

so Penny Arcade Expo '09 is coming in a few months and people are starting to talk about it already. i won't go into the details because i'm sure you all know much of the same stuff as me at this point, and also it's all on the website to be perused at your leisure.

ANYWAY, the real reason i started this thread is because i am thinking about attending this year (for the first time), considering i only live an hour and a half away from Seattle and i really like video games (duh). i've never been to anything even similar to this, so i was wondering: any of you guys been to any of the previous years? fun, not fun? etc. tell me all about it.
at this point, the only thing keeping me from pre-registering is the hotel costs (those things are fucking expensive nowadays, sheesh) and the fact that i'd probably have to go by myself since none of my friends are as nerdy as me (driving to Seattle by myself is a weird phobia of mine, for some reason. that's why i never go to shows down there anymore). also, i have psuedo-crippling social anxiety that seems to come and go randomly so it's kind of a coin-toss on whether or not i'd even be able to handle being around that many people at all.

so i just wanted to gather you guys' opinions on the matter, talk to some of my friends about coming with me, and then make a (hopefully) informed decision about whether or not to go. luckily, it's still several months away so i have time to him and haw about it for a while. i am notoriously undecisive.

oh yeah, and also: is anybody else thinking about/definitely going this year?
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
Re: PAX 2009
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2009, 16:33 »

East Coast represent!

Nah, not really.  Although I think they're having one in Boston next year, too.  Which I still probably wouldn't be able to attend.  But it always looked like a great time.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2009, 16:38 »

Me & one of my old roommates are seriously considering going. We've never been but we've always wanted to, and after the glorious that was Emerald City Comicon, we're planning on reveling in as much nerdglory as we can. We just need money, first. :\
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Cadeonehalf

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2009, 19:55 »

It was pretty epic last year. I'm so glad that school starts just in time for me to go to it again.
Especially because Valve keeps saying that something big is going on at the expo this year. Half Life 2: Episode 3, anyone?

So yeah, you should definitely go.
Quote from: the_pied_piper
You are a hippie white guy with a huge afro. You have musical taste when it suits you but generally decide to ignore it and end up listening to mostly jarring noise.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2009, 19:58 »

Money on it not being Episode 3.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2009, 20:07 »

That's not fair.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2009, 20:56 »

That's not fair.

Life isn't fair, highness.  Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2009, 21:26 »

I meant more that Fraser has an unfair advantage, but whatever, I get that too.

lprkn

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2009, 21:49 »

psuedo-crippling social anxiety

Don't worry, you won't be alone.

ModernRonin

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #9 on: 28 Apr 2009, 15:03 »

I had a good time last year, but it was also a trip halfway across the country for me and my first time in Seattle. I would have had to work at it to not have a good time.

http://mackys.livejournal.com/659229.html

I went to E3 in 2002, and between that and PAX last year, I've noticed that to get the most out of a convention, try and do as much as possible. Try and see every booth on the show floor. Go to any panel that seems even the least bit interesting. Get out and do stuff and you'll enjoy it a lot more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up