THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: I Like Hardcore Music. Do You Like Hardcore Music? - SAM, YOU MUST POST!  (Read 257445 times)

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ9aL8ufSYo&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_js30GHyFXM&fmt=18

I like my bread crusty, just like my punk.

I also like it female, Mexican, and pissed the fuck off.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker

I don't want to destroy your dremas or anything, but what do they have to do with Mexico?

(I like what I hear, though)

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

oh good too many good new things at once.

NEW MONUJAMZZZZZZZ OH SHITTTTTTTTTTT

http://www.myspace.com/MONUMENTISABAND

also monument is gonna start recording a full length this november with joe from Algernon Cadwallader yessssssssssssssss
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

sean

• welp

DAWN SHREADDDDER! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmlnz2r2zhh
Ladies, Gentlemen, and DIY kids, I present to you the Dawn Treader discography. For those who have never heard of Dawn Treader, they were (?) (i really don't know what they're status as a band is, i think they've broken up though) a thrashy, violent, grindy emo (scremo) band from Baltimore and the DC area. They share members with bands like army of kashyyyk, diablero, pansori, and i think monument, believe it or not (guitar and drums, its nuts!) (makes sense though anton plays an ibanez). In a way, I like to think of them as the second incarnation of pg.99, seeing as they had 11 members at one time. The interesting thing about Dawn Treader is that once they are done shredding yr face off they have really really involved quiet parts, complete with pianos and cellos. It's fucking crazy! This is everything dawn treader has done, except for the song the heart beat which is my favorite song by them :c

OH WELL ENJOY ITS DAWN SHREADDXDDER YOU FUCKS YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

FUCK YES! I've been looking forward to this, it's on the download now. I'm liking these Makiladoras jams too, always got time for some good crust so long as it's suitably pissed off and political. Oh shit it just busted some crucial chug when I wasn't expecting, nice. Female vocals make it all the better, hardcore has been becoming too much of a boys club around these parts of late so it's good to see the crusts keeping it real. Cheers Be My Head.

Just saw What Price, Wonderland? and Twisted kick out some old school emo jams. WPW are digging on some post-punk and '90s emo with a good amount of hardcore whereas Twisted are rocking it totally '80s emo but with some healthy garage thrown in. Expect a split 7" soon. WPW have a new album as well, get that from sncl or Art For Blind. If you like emo you really shouldn't miss out on WPW, they're definitely the best band doing it in the UK and one of the better ones in Europe as a whole. I would put some up but since I can't rip from vinyl and it only cost me £5 for an LP and two 7"es just buy the damn records. Have a myspace: http://www.myspace.com/whatpricewonderland
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

sean

• welp

Hm, I see What Price, Wonderland do that whole modern 90's revival thing with the disgustingly clean guitars. It's really good!

« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2009, 08:34 by Objects inside Clouds »

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

Hello, hardcore thread. Haven't spoken to you in awhile. I am here to tell you about a band you might like. They existed very briefly in 2003. They were called Sailboats. They only recorded a two-song demo before two of the members died in a car crash. The surviving member went on to become the drummer for Loma Prieta, who sometimes cover one of Sailboats' songs live. So take these two brilliant songs as a bittersweet gift. They are fast and chaotic and brutal. These two songs show so much potential that will sadly never be realised.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0tmkinwjyym

sean

• welp

dude the whole car crash thing is apparently a joke.

Quote from: chug life
As for the car crash, that is where we have to speculate. When my band played a show with L'antietam this summer, I was talking to Derek (guitar/vocals) later that night at a party about music and Sailboats came up. He informed me that there was in fact no car crash and that the dudes from Sailboats were just kind of playing a practical joke and that they got a real kick out of the fact that everyone believes it. Now, before I get comments saying, "well how does he know?" etc etc etc I would say, "He knows because he is friends with Loma Prieta." (They're going on tour this January and releasing a split so check that shit out!)

but yeah, sailboats is so awesome. i really recommend people check those two songs out. and yeah, apparently if you yell behind trees at a loma prieta show they will play it. i know theres videos of loma playing it on the net, i've seen em.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

Aww, I was all into the mythology and shit. It is still kinda sad that they broke up because they would probably be one of my favourite bands if they made more music.

sean

• welp

Oh hey if this thread is back I may as well post this even though I already told Mike and Sam. has new songs up! They're doing a 7" with http://www.myspace.com/wrenlloyd and they put their songs from it. The two new songs seem to have a bit more bite than their other songs, but I think most of that is because Kris's vocals are a lot more abrasive (aka he's actually screaming the majority of the time.) While they do spend some time being very twinkly too, they just feel noisier and heavier when they're not. Which is fucking awesome. If they continue this type of progression, Age Sixteen is going to be so fucking good.

Harun

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

new Converge album deets: http://www.lambgoat.com/news/view.aspx?id=13177
(set your calendars for October 20th)

and the cover:

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I'm not keen on all those quest appearances. It suggests more songs with singing and that's a terrible idea, Converge have appalling lyrics and those parts on No Heroes were downright cringeworthy. Jane Doe is as amazing as it is because not only can't you make out what he's screaming but they even obscure it in the liner notes. The cover art is blatantly Jane Doe mark 2 and that's not encouraging either, they've already done Jane Doe and shouldn't try and revisit that sound especially with additional crap bits in the way No Heroes sounded like You Fail Me with a load of rubbish added on. I'm not getting my hopes up on this evidence but I would love to see a return to form, so I hope I'm wrong. Edit: I've now heard the new song on their myspace. I suppose it's just possible they decided to introduce the album with one of the worst bits, or maybe it makes perfect sense to be that boring and like a shadow of their former selves when put in the context of the album... it's going to be shite, isn't it.

This new Age Sixteen stuff is pretty banging though, as are those Sailboats tracks. So in short, old dudes - 0, new guys - 2.
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2009, 08:08 by a pack of wolves »
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

dave o

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

Hi guys, how do? first post for me.

Saw this post and coincidence would have it that one of the UK bands mentioned earlier in the thread are getting it back together to see if old men can still cause a ruckus. My old band Thirty Seconds Until Armageddon is back on the game for a short little while again. Info and songs are up on myspace.com/thirtysecondsuntilarmageddon if you fancy having a listen and a bit of a read about our plans

cheers, Dave

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Oh holy shit, that is amazing. I might have criticised the idea of hardcore reunions earlier in this thread but that doesn't count in this case because you're TSUA. Fuck me, a discog as well? And a Leeds gig, according to the Thirty Days of Night myspace? I think the only way this could possibly get better would be if Fig 4.0 and Imbalance got announced as the supports.

dave o

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

look out for a new band coming out of leeds soon with ex members of Fig 4 and TSUA...that should cover some bases for you!

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building

I'm not keen on all those quest appearances. It suggests more songs with singing and that's a terrible idea, Converge have appalling lyrics and those parts on No Heroes were downright cringeworthy. Jane Doe is as amazing as it is because not only can't you make out what he's screaming but they even obscure it in the liner notes. The cover art is blatantly Jane Doe mark 2 and that's not encouraging either, they've already done Jane Doe and shouldn't try and revisit that sound especially with additional crap bits in the way No Heroes sounded like You Fail Me with a load of rubbish added on. I'm not getting my hopes up on this evidence but I would love to see a return to form, so I hope I'm wrong. Edit: I've now heard the new song on their myspace. I suppose it's just possible they decided to introduce the album with one of the worst bits, or maybe it makes perfect sense to be that boring and like a shadow of their former selves when put in the context of the album... it's going to be shite, isn't it.

This new Age Sixteen stuff is pretty banging though, as are those Sailboats tracks. So in short, old dudes - 0, new guys - 2.

Not exactly since most of the guests are instrumentalists, and I completely disagree about the lyrics - Bannon is definitely not the lyrical prodigy that most Converge-fans believes he is, but he's certainly one of the better lyricists in hardcore today (if you can even talk about that). I do agree about the cover art though, doesn't look as promising as No Heroes did but I guess we're on totally different bases here too.. I loved No Heroes, especially because they tried something different, but mostly because of the totally banging title track. I've heard from others though who have seen some live recordings that some of the tracks are more You Fail Me-ish..
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Ah, if they're mostly instrumentalists then that's a lot more promising for me. I might have been being too pessimistic, I remember thinking there was no way they could follow Jane Doe before You Fail Me was released and they proved me wrong there.

look out for a new band coming out of leeds soon with ex members of Fig 4 and TSUA...that should cover some bases for you!

Intriguing, the post Fig 4.0 bands have been pretty great on the whole. The Dauntless Elite always impressed me and I liked Eiger a lot as well.

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome

How have I only just found this thread? Gah! I have a lot of reading to do...
You do. You need pants. Put on some fucking pants. Why aren't you wearing pants?

sean

• welp

oh sup hxc thread.

so lately i have been spinning this new band i've recently discovered called suffix. they're from chicago and they're pretty damn good. like most emo bands forming nowadays, they have that super melodic/clean guitar sound to them. however, they also demonstrate some thrashier moments, which is nice. they also have a lady vocalist, which i thought was pretty rad. her vocals are pretty fkkin good, too.
http://www.mediafire.com/?oyzdotommmm

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course

OK, this is probably the best place to post this: http://www.punknews.org/article/34892

Jim Lindberg leaves Pennywise. Damn. What next? Fat Mike leaves NOFX? They should probably break up; nearly 20 years of putting out solid punk albums is probably enough. Heck, the band is older than I am  :-(
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2009, 11:35 by evilbobthebob »
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

so lately i have been spinning this new band i've recently discovered called suffix. they're from chicago and they're pretty damn good. like most emo bands forming nowadays, they have that super melodic/clean guitar sound to them. however, they also demonstrate some thrashier moments, which is nice. they also have a lady vocalist, which i thought was pretty rad. her vocals are pretty fkkin good, too.

This is pretty great, but also raises a question: what the hell is it with the lack of women in emo bands? I know hardcore has a horrible tendency to forget what 7 Seconds told us and think that it is just boys' fun, but emo just gets ridiculous. Off the top of my head I can think of these guys, Anomie, To Dream of Autumn and, er... my old band. Have I just been missing out on all the emo bands with female members, forgetting loads like an idiot or is it really as bad as I think?

Anyway, the excellent Hammers from Manchester have got a link up on their myspace where you can download all their songs for free. I highly recommend this if you enjoy the likes of Tragedy, The Holy Mountain, Cursed and all that epic d-beat and crust sort of stuff. They also have proper records you can touch and plenty of gigs coming up around the UK so you can touch the men themselves as well if you like. http://www.myspace.com/hammers625

sean

• welp

if you are missing out, i am too. other than anomie, this is the first female fronted emo band i've seen, which is why i was so quick to check their jams out. i'd love for this to be am amended, and i've thrown around the idea of starting a female fronted band next summer perhaps with some friends of mine. emo really really needs more ladies, especially as most of us are at least somewhat anarchist minded, which should give most of us anti-patriarchal views. i really don't get it.

also that link looks hella tasty but right now im spinning that new do make say think track :c

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I know, I've seen more tuff beatdown bands with women in than emo. It doesn't even have the homosocial platonic love songs vibe that sXe mosh and youth crew trade in. If you can get something going with some women in it that would be a very good thing. I'll try to remember to sling the To Dream of Autumn/Racebannon split up sometime, that's at least one more band (and I've got a suspicion there's another one I'm forgetting on either the Emo Armageddon comp or that one with the stupidly nice packaging that pretty much bankrupted Ape Must Not Kill Ape, I shall have to investigate).

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

godspeed

• Not quite a lurker

Punch is a hardcore group from SF fronted by a chick. They're pretty rad and I'm still kicking myself for missing seeing them live.
http://www.myspace.com/punchcrew

If anyone here hasn't checked out the blog Chug Life they should. I think its probably the best site for moodern hardcore.
http://itsachugknocklife.blogspot.com/ (Download We Were Skeletons, they do the sickest cover of Naked as We Came)

sean

• welp

doesnt punch share members with loma prieta? ive been meaning to check out that group, but i haven't since hardcore recorded really never gets to me. i usually only get into that shit live.

also chug life is fuckin bomb i was at a show at their haus the other day. sadly i missed micha, their band. saw we were skeletons again though, they are so good. i really can't wait to hear their new album as good their old jams have nothing on the new ones.

ALoveSupreme

• Beyoncé
    • http://www.facebook.com/heyheyrabbit

suffix.

totaly good!  Played a show with them a few months ago and love their ep

sean

• welp

oh lucky! i'd love for them to hit up the east coast!

oh and chug life just posted good luck! they're the cute and cuddly version of algernon cadwallader, its good shit!

we should have a thread where we just talk about chug life.

edit: oh fuck im at 1999 posts i missed my 1994 post emo respect, yo.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

the cute and cuddly version of algernon cadwallader

I thought that was Algernon Cadwallader.

sean

• welp

oh dude you'd be surprised.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

Ahh man I have been meaning to listen to Good Luck! I really like the Bruce Springsteen covers Ginger did with Paul Baribeau a lot.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I wasn't quite sure at first until it got to the twinkly bit in Pajammin. It's like if Algernon Cadwallader were on Plan-It-X and powered by hugs.

If anyone isn't already up on the mighty Battle Of Wolf 359 then I noted Chug Life can sort you out while I was grabbing this. Do it.
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2009, 05:10 by a pack of wolves »

Moist Cowboy

• Plantmonster
  • THE INTERNET

Had there been no Youth of Today or had these lads lived in NYC, then you'd all be worshipping them as the Gods of youth crew. I actually think these guys blow away YOT. Regardless, this record is a CLASSIC. I rank it up there with Gorilla Biscuit's Start Today & Minor Threat's Complete Discography.
http://www.mediaf!re.com/?dyzzmnzmd0y

Does anyone else have anything else by these guys? Spirit is great, but I know they have more out there. Any uploads would be hella appreciated.

sean

• welp

hey us kids preorders for the new kidcrash album are up get on that shit. http://initrecords.bigcartel.com/

late october fkkkkkkkk

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
    • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com

this is pretty much a placeholder post to remind me to post the self-titled album by Armalite tomorrow when I've got my harddrive to hand.  it veers more towards melodic hardcore/pop-punk than straight-up hardcore, but it's still awesome, and it's got dan yemin from paint it black/lifetime/kid dynamite on bass, so that's hardcore enough for me!!!

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

Here is some stuff I just uploaded for Sean but I figured some of you guys might dig it. It is the discography of a band from New Jersey called Make Me. They were some pretty crucial dudes. Basically one of the early bands to do the whole contrast of quiet twinkly guitars/playful rhythm section and just totally relentless screams. If you dig stuff like Merchant Ships and Age Sixteen and (to a somewhat lesser extent) Logs you will probably jam this. The first song has some slightly embarrassing nasally ass singing bullshit in them that is tough to get used to but don't let that get you down. Power through it and you will realise that the singing is a tiny detail that doesn't ruin how good the song is. All the songs from "Relax and Adapt" untill the end are the straight shit, though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjmnmzznvgz

sean

• welp

If you dig stuff like Merchant Ships and Age Sixteen and (to a somewhat lesser extent) Logs you will probably jam this.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh god

thanks dude!

sean

• welp

oh dear god make me is so fucking good what have i been doing with my life

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Pulling Teeth

Paranoid Delusions Paradise Illusions

This has been blowing me away for the last three days. Highlights: every song. To imagine Pulling Teeth, think Slayer mixed with Black Flag and a healthy amount of doom metal. My favourite track from this has to be Bloodwolves for the epic solo. And it really is epic. Oh yeah, and the two covers are awesome.

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?mzztnjmlzym
Quote from: Punknews.org
Ultimately, this release is a total exploration of contradictions. From the title and dual covers (done as an awesome shifting hologram for the LP release) to the lyrics and music they are set to, the clash of conflicting images, literal and metaphorical, seems to echo the conflicts of reality: life and death; rich and poor; and security and adventurism. The whole works to complete a large and satisfying artistic statement.

(The album name in the MP3 tags may be a little broken, because my computer feels to need to cut down long titles for some reason  :| )

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Pulling Teeth

Paranoid Delusions Paradise Illusions

Holy buttshits I am downloading that solely on the strength of the album cover. And then if it is good I am tracking down the hologram-covered LP, fo' sho'.

EDITED to add quote.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2009, 03:20 by David_Dovey »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn

You won't be disappointed  :-)

Also, here's a short video of the holographic cover (not taken by me)
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2009, 03:29 by evilbobthebob »

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

I don't like hardcore music at all but it basically has the best album/flyer artwork ever
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

oh dear god make me is so fucking good what have i been doing with my life

Yeah they are pretty rad.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Holy fucking shit I'm just listening to Pulling Teeth now. You weren't wrong about the Slayer influence. I. fucking. love. it.

sean

• welp

pulling teeth sounded really familiar so i looked them up and they are from baltimore. i'm pretty sure they play dc a whole bunch. i should go see them next time i have a chance just to make you guys jealous.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

EDIT for actual content: So at 23.5 minutes and 5 tracks, does that make the Pulling Teeth record an EP, or just a really short LP (like Reign in Blood, come to think of it)? Because if so, this is just another of the really disproportionate amount of EPs that have been absolutely blowing me away this year. Between this, Pelican's "Ephemeral", The Boris/Torche split, "Planets of Old" by Cave-In, and about 10 EPs by local/Australian acts, I'm gonna have a "best EPs" list almost as long as the albums list.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2009, 18:47 by David_Dovey »

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn

:-D Everyone loves a Slayer influence! Yeah, difficult to say if it's an EP or an LP. Blacklisted's latest release is ~25 minutes long, and that counts as an LP. I think.

Yeah, go see them. Make us jealous  :-P

sean

• welp

i mean i am pretty sure it is on a 12" so my guess is the band considers it a full legnth.

i mean loma prieta put out their second album this year and that was like, 20 minutes long.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I could have sworn I posted the SECOND Proletariat LP in here, but all I'm seeing is Soma Holiday. What the hell?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

i mean i am pretty sure it is on a 12" so my guess is the band considers it a full legnth.

To get nerdy, does it play on 33 or 45, and is it one-sided? I've got a few 12"es that are definitely EPs (and some albums on 7"), and if I had artwork that banging I'd want it on 12" even if it was a single. Around 25 minutes is a pretty decent length for a hardcore album anyway though, so I'm going to go with album as well regardless.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up