THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's say positive things about our jobs!  (Read 31544 times)

tinysmidgen

• Obscure cultural reference
Re: Let's say positive things about our jobs!
« Reply #200 on: 16 Jul 2009, 16:31 »

Um, one of the guys I work with is going on vacation tomorrow, and my birthday is next week, so he's going to bring me a birthday present tomorrow. :)
A raptor with a sword should never be trusted, even if the raptor doesn't have thumbs.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #201 on: 16 Jul 2009, 17:43 »

At work today other teams were trying to poach me to come work on their project (it's a biggish company where there are lots of separate teams of people working on different projects simultaneously.)  That was pretty cool.

Oh I guess I should mention that I'm at a different job from the last time I posted in this thread.  I'm making almost double what I made at my last job, so that's pretty cool too, although this is a short term contract so in a month I may very well be jobless, and that part's not so cool.

My Mum is my boss, so I guess I get to hang out with my Mum at work all day!

This is a positive?
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2009, 18:55 by jhocking »

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #202 on: 16 Jul 2009, 18:35 »

So I'm applying to my first job at Einstein Bagel. The hours are shit but I don't mind the morning shift. I'll be spending monday, tuesday, and depending on how much I drink this week, a wednesday from 5 to 11 in the morning. Any advice?

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #203 on: 16 Jul 2009, 19:18 »

I am doing a "What's On" column to help out the events listing section of the paper and people keep trying to bribe me with free tickets to stuff. It's pretty awesome.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #204 on: 16 Jul 2009, 19:32 »

So I'm applying to my first job at Einstein Bagel. The hours are shit but I don't mind the morning shift. I'll be spending monday, tuesday, and depending on how much I drink this week, a wednesday from 5 to 11 in the morning. Any advice?

I <3 einstein bagels. My gf and I would always go there for breakfast during college, bacon egg and cheese on an asiago cheese bagel. mmm. their orange juice is pretty swell too.

Depending on your location, get ready to see a lot of attractive people starting their mornings.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #205 on: 16 Jul 2009, 21:59 »

At work today other teams were trying to poach me to come work on their project (it's a biggish company where there are lots of separate teams of people working on different projects simultaneously.)  That was pretty cool.

Oh I guess I should mention that I'm at a different job from the last time I posted in this thread.  I'm making almost double what I made at my last job, so that's pretty cool too, although this is a short term contract so in a month I may very well be jobless, and that part's not so cool.

Weren't you teaching at the U. of Chicago? You quit that?
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #206 on: 16 Jul 2009, 22:43 »

Nah, never taught there, nor have I quit any of my teaching jobs.  Those all ended at the end of the semester naturally (hoping to pick up classes in the fall again,) the job I left was a freelance game programming gig.

Also, your av fooled me!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up