THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damnation  (Read 3520 times)

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
Damnation
« on: 23 May 2009, 07:07 »

Anyone tried it?   

I'm only about 90 minutes in and can't decide if I like it or not.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
Re: Damnation
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2009, 11:10 »

Saw it on Steam, looked like just another third-rate action game. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2009, 14:05 »

It looked pretty impressive, but it was kind of obvious that they took a lot of concepts from other games (Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider) so I wasn't sure what to think of it. The reviews so far are unflattering, so I'm probably not going to buy it.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2009, 15:56 »

I wouldn't go so far as to call it third rate.   It's not earth shatteringly awesome by any means, but I fooled with it some more today and I'm enjoying it.   By the time it's all over, I might get tired of all the jumping, but so far... it's a good time killer until the next "OMFG you have to play this game!" game comes out.

Seeings as it's built on the unreal engine, I'm hoping for modding abilities in the future. 

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2009, 19:13 »

I've played the UT2004 mod this was based off of and I've run through most of the game.  While it can be pegged as just another shooter, it did at least differ in setting.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar
Pages: [1]   Go Up