THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: May 25-29, 2009  (Read 70694 times)

Deadrocks

• Not quite a lurker
Re: WCT: May 25-29, 2009
« Reply #200 on: 29 May 2009, 10:24 »

Need like Requiem of a Dream, and like Hanners Vs Room of Death.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #201 on: 29 May 2009, 10:28 »

That is definitely the soundtrack of choice for Hanners epic confrontation.

:lol:
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #202 on: 29 May 2009, 10:46 »

I wonder if this is the kind of thing that doesn't "really" happen, in other words that it was just there to be funny and isn't the leadin to strips in which Hannelore shows up and begins violating boundaries.

If it's "real", the other rude thing is expecting Hannelore to work for free.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

giant_bug

• Emoticontraindication
  • I hope you like Giant Bugs
« Reply #203 on: 29 May 2009, 11:27 »

I'm wondering if Momo-tan has tiny nozzles installed in her head to do the 'sweat' effects.

I noticed that, too.  That feature must have cost a helluva lot.  But I suppose it's cheap compared to the, uh, Eel Delivery Platform.

disaacs

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #204 on: 29 May 2009, 13:52 »

I really like Dora, but this is a side of her that is really unexpected and disturbing. Dora can be irrational and anxious at times, but for the most part she is very open minded and doesn't question how a person might live their life.

Suddenly in this comic she is completely disgusted by how messy somebody, a complete stranger, is and unilaterally decides that something must be done. Her attitude is completely condensending. I hope she either wakes up or gets a lesson about how rude she is being.

Dunnoe

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #205 on: 29 May 2009, 15:40 »

conformity to my nonconformity. we'll see if hanners will agree to clean up some stranger's room.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #206 on: 29 May 2009, 16:39 »

I really like Dora, but this is a side of her that is really unexpected and disturbing. Dora can be irrational and anxious at times, but for the most part she is very open minded and doesn't question how a person might live their life.

Suddenly in this comic she is completely disgusted by how messy somebody, a complete stranger, is and unilaterally decides that something must be done. Her attitude is completely condensending. I hope she either wakes up or gets a lesson about how rude she is being.

Item 1: There are rats. And food that has attracted insects. It's not just clutter.
Item 2: She has no reason to disbelieve the statement that the only reason she hadn't hired anyone to do it was money. For that matter, we have no reason to disbelieve it. Some people have the theory that this is compulsive hoarding, but the theory that it's just laziness has some stiff competition.

Note also that she presented it to Hanners as a "challenge".

ctrlbuild

• Not quite a lurker
  • Mantenna Array...Pain Level...Shatnerian
« Reply #207 on: 29 May 2009, 17:03 »

No no...this is the room of death. Room of messy death is better.
Raven is The Chessmaster.

Keebbles

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #208 on: 29 May 2009, 21:23 »

Like I said in another thread.
 Hanners is gonna get a scouting report from her lil' apple ap-bot and come prepared.
 Wearing Daddy's latest version of High Threat Environment Powered Armor Suit - quite similar to Halo stuff.
 Marigold will go bonkers like a proper otaku over the outfit thinking it's Cosplay, until the plasma-flamer comes out and turns half her room into sanitary ash.

Of course Hanners will have her Catch 22 moment about killing the rats when she sees how cute the babies are.  A few stiff Tom Collins or Margaritas (heavy on the tequila) will erase that problem and a Torching will proceed with extreme prejudice.

This will result in Dora, Marteen, Pintsize and the lil deredere kawaii bot rescuing a few boxes of stuff and a computer or two and having to host the woman i their apartment... who's gonna be Marigolds new roommate? Not Hanners!

Also Hanners might fire it up on off chance that bare chested cute firemen show up to put out the fire and get all glisteny sweaty and stuff (kinda odd that she's got an infatuation with such pictures that are in conflict with her OCD, neh? Means her hormones and curiousity win out more often than not if she can do it electronically.

Marigold might throw a shit storm of a fit, but Hanners might direct via her high tech commlink in her HALO Hazmat Combat Suit that the firemen hose Marigold off. (might be her first shower in ages!)

A clean marigold might actually look decent and look a lot like FAYE w/longer hair. Which would explain Angus's semi-flirting attraction to Faye and his need for abuse from Faye that he can't get from the glued-to-the-monitor ex anymore.

All else fails, hanners walks up, looks, walks away. Hours later the group finds her getting drunk at the watering hole w/our favorite redneck Romance author and thus they are away when her father adjusts the microwave beams from his space station and turns that apartment to constituent atoms.

You Know. Gotta Nuke it from Orbit. Just to be sure! (aliens FTW!) :-D
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Free 2 Play! No D/L! Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN The Awesome Online Anime Spoof!

Dunnoe

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #209 on: 30 May 2009, 08:11 »

we'll just leave it to Jeph, okay?

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #210 on: 30 May 2009, 08:15 »

Yeah, I don't understand why people speculate as to what's gonna happen, especially when they usually do such a bad job of it.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #211 on: 30 May 2009, 08:36 »

I'm almost wondering if there was a hint of sarcasm in that post. If there was, then it's damn funny. If there wasn't, then I agree with est and Dunnoe.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #212 on: 30 May 2009, 09:00 »

Yeah, I don't understand why people speculate as to what's gonna happen, especially when they usually do such a bad job of it.
That's what we do, here on WCT, for as long as I've been following this forum. We find it entertaining, especially if, as happens every so often, one of us is right.

As I've said before, WCT  is essentially a virtual water-cooler. The conversation is inane, insane, silly, foolish, and occasionally, very rarely, astute.

And I tend to agree with Random832  about Dora's interfering, save for one problem—this is Momo-tan's version, not Marigold's. Where would Marten be if people believed Pintsize without asking him?

In jail serving as someone's girlfriend, that's where.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2009, 09:04 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

BladeDancer

• Not quite a lurker
  • It's hard to be a filler
« Reply #213 on: 30 May 2009, 09:14 »

So, provided Hannelore agrees to take a look, will she go catatonic from mess overload, or be disgusted and spring into action? Its an open bet, I can see it swinging either way.

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #214 on: 30 May 2009, 09:20 »

And or will she get pissed off because Dora's using her for her ocd like her mother did at the bar. =/
Take you to the stabbing cabin.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #215 on: 30 May 2009, 10:53 »

So, provided Hannelore agrees to take a look, will she go catatonic from mess overload, or be disgusted and spring into action?

She was well up for cleaning the band's rehearsal space, remember - 865.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #216 on: 30 May 2009, 12:20 »

So, provided Hannelore agrees to take a look, will she go catatonic from mess overload, or be disgusted and spring into action?

She was well up for cleaning the band's rehearsal space, remember - 865.

Well, there's a difference between 'messy' and 'Marigold', so I'm not entirely sure that goes up.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

nimnix

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #217 on: 30 May 2009, 13:41 »

She was also going to be spending plenty of time in the band's practice space.  That's not the case with Marigold's apartment.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #218 on: 30 May 2009, 13:55 »

Oh, as far as that goes, I think Hannelore's sort of a human Rug Doctor...you know, "Steaming Mad at Dirt!" It seems a bit of a crusade for her.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2009, 16:24 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #219 on: 30 May 2009, 16:18 »

Wasn't there some strip where she accompanied her cleaning with "Ride of the Valkyries"?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #220 on: 30 May 2009, 17:36 »

No, she USUALLY plays Ride of the Valkyries.  Right then she was channelling Robert "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" Duval.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

roxy255

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #221 on: 30 May 2009, 21:51 »

dora just wants to justify her burdgeoning desire to steal momo-tan.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #222 on: 31 May 2009, 09:27 »

Well, don't know as I can blame her for that. I'm wondering now if anthropcs come as other 'characters'? Or is she Marigold's creation?

Border, isn't the Duvall quote and "Ride" all part and parcel? Personally, I want Hanners to come into Marigold's mess and say, "I'm going to go through this filth like crap through a goose."

As if.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 09:31 by raoullefere »

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #223 on: 31 May 2009, 09:46 »

It's been said that Momo-tan was a Sony product.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #224 on: 31 May 2009, 11:46 »

Raoul - probably not a choice of metaphor that Hanners would use.

And the ride comes from the first part of that scene - the napalm line is at the end. 

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #225 on: 31 May 2009, 13:46 »

I dunno if anybody else has said this, but..

Her pants from Panel 1 complete her head in Panel 3. I can't unsee it.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #226 on: 31 May 2009, 16:19 »

Raoul - probably not a choice of metaphor that Hanners would use.
Probably not. But god, I love it so. (echoey trumpets play in the background).

I'm very proud of myself, btw that I didn't point out that that's a simi- *whack* Sorry.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #227 on: 31 May 2009, 16:58 »

My bad -

innermoppet

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #228 on: 01 Jun 2009, 06:09 »

Dora is channeling her inner "mommy" right now. Momo-tan is a robot but she looks much like an adorable child which is making Dora slightly insane and she is treating her like a real child. She says she's worried about Marigold, but I think it's more likely she's concerned about Momo-tan. I also don't think this is out of character for Dora. She is very overprotective when it comes to her friends, so if she sees someone (or something) that she feels is vulnerable, she reacts like a crazed momma bear. No thought, just action.

On a separate note, I think it's interesting that so many people are convinced that Marigold has OCD or a hoarding disorder. Maybe she's just a slob.  If strangers showed up at my door and asked for my help and came into my personal space, I wouldn't want them to touch my stuff either. I don't think that is unusual. IMHO, Marigold doesn't have a lot of interpersonal skills clearly and she just says what she's thinking whether it's rude or not. I know a lot of sloppy nasty gamers and they don't have hoarding disorders or OCD. They are just lazy and crazy and live in the virtual world and have little regard for the 3-D one.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

Keebbles

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #229 on: 01 Jun 2009, 14:25 »

I'm almost wondering if there was a hint of sarcasm in that post. If there was, then it's damn funny. If there wasn't, then I agree with est and Dunnoe.
  Might have been a wee bit in there... only problem there's no sarcasm font...
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Free 2 Play! No D/L! Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN The Awesome Online Anime Spoof!

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #230 on: 01 Jun 2009, 14:26 »

I dunno if anybody else has said this, but..

Her pants from Panel 1 complete her head in Panel 3. I can't unsee it.

ZING
HUMANITY CAN SUCK MY HARDDRIVE

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #231 on: 01 Jun 2009, 14:30 »

This is kind of unrelated but it made me laugh.

http://xkcd.com/574/
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #232 on: 01 Jun 2009, 19:47 »

Poor Hanners, caught in a catch 22 situation.

Of course, she could always send Winslow out to get the Duct Tape

But then she'd have to Decontaminate Winslow!

Oh dear

:D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

frullic

• Furry furrier
  • Warning: Contents under parental pressure.
    • An Adventurer is Me!
« Reply #233 on: 01 Jun 2009, 19:56 »

kill it with fire?
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up