THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Jul 2024, 21:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strip name repeated (Yes, I'm concerned) + intro I suppose  (Read 2658 times)

DA_IMP

• Not quite a lurker

...not about anything here, but about myself. I have either spent way too much time reading QC, or my memory's good.

Upon finding the latest comic (#1411), it took me about 1/10th of a second to realise that it's titled exactly the same as #401. I mean I didn't remember the number for #401, my brain just went "wait that name has been used before."

I'm guessing it's a song title, considering the author's predilections. But I'm not that much into music and I don't even live in the US (or Europe/UK). So I definitely didn't know any songs titled like that.

So...hi everyone. I've been reading QC for years (most of its duration, definitely); Have re-read it at least 2-3 times, and noticed plenty of little details here and there as well. Never felt the need to comment on them though. I do on this one 'cos it's a curiosity more than anything resembling a glitch/plot inconsistency. Also 'cos I felt like being talkative lol.

And I love QC, it's been lots of fun for me. Kuddos to Mr. Jacques for the terrific work. I enjoy it despite knowing next to nothing about a bunch of cultural references (including all indie rock). I read a lot of webcomics, some of them thanks to Jacques' own recommendations, but QC is definitely my favorite.
I wouldn't call it the best (which is different from "what I like most," to me), because among so much variety of good works out there, each one can be pretty good in their own thing.

But I love the art, loved it even when it wasn't as developed as it is now. I enjoy the consistent plots, the twists, the character development. Some jokes still have me laughing after years. And the drama is superb at times too. It gives me the best on just what I want in this medium.

This strip must get readers from all over the world. You can include me from Argentina, for your records  :-D

See you around...

DA IMP
« Last Edit: 24 May 2009, 23:02 by DA_IMP »

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
Re: Strip name repeated (Yes, I'm concerned)
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2009, 23:10 »

Hello and welcome!

The title comes from a fairly well-known phrase in English: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

A quick Google search didn't uncover the origin, but it did show that there's a song title with the first half of the phrase, and that Kurt Cobain said something similar, but probably based on the original.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

DA_IMP

• Not quite a lurker

Hello and welcome!

The title comes from a fairly well-known phrase in English: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

A quick Google search didn't uncover the origin, but it did show that there's a song title with the first half of the phrase, and that Kurt Cobain said something similar, but probably based on the original.

Thank you!  :laugh: I haven't done forums in ages, but hopefully my serious lack of interesting stuff to say will keep me from babbling overmuch.

Makes sense. I'm fairly decent with quotes, I enjoy them as a hobby of sorts. Knew that one, but since there's no spanish equivalent that I can remember, I didn't associate it right away. It fits both strips to an extent.

Ok so if there's a song title that matches, that remains my bet, regardless of older origins. Thanks for bothering to check it around.  :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up